Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Top 10 Controversial Anti-buhari Quotes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Controversial Anti-buhari Quotes (618 Views)

Top 10 Controversial Quotes From Nigerian Leaders / Whither The Anti Buhari Hate Comments / Did You Watch The Sponsored Anti-Buhari Documentary On NTA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Controversial Anti-buhari Quotes by westerm(m): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
During the presidential campaign ahead of the 2015 polls Nigeria’s top political shareholders were fighting for votes by all the means. The positions and credibility of the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari have been constantly under attack.

As the election period and the inauguration are over, Naij.com decided to pick ten controversial statements that have not proven to be real.

1. If APC survives till October 2014, call me a bastard – Doyin Okupe

Okupe, who was the aide to the former president, Goodluck Jonathan, had, in December 2013, said that he would change his name if APC still existed after one year due to what he described as lack of leadership deficiency briefly after it was founded.

He had said: “If they don’t crumble and disappear by 2014, don’t call me Okupe. The APC boat is destined for the Red Sea.”

2. Mark my words, it will not happen for Buhari to rule Nigeria – Doyin Okupe

Okupe is known for one more quote against Buhari. He stated that the former military ruler was not qualified to be the president.
“Yes, I said Buhari was not electable. I also said his victory will not happen. I said and I still insist that Buhari has no WASC certificate. I said a lot of things to promote my candidate and many things to put his opponent down.”

3. I will go on exile if APC wins – Bode George

The ex-deputy national chairman of the PDP, Chief Olabode George, has claimed that he may be going into exile following the victory of Buhari.

He said: “What will I be doing here? I can decide to go and live anywhere. Look at everyone surrounding him (Buhari).

4. Buhari can never win in Yorubaland – Gani Adams

Gani Adams, a factional leader of the Yoruba group, Oodua Peoples Congress, said the APC hopeful, Buhari, should not expect getting a bloc vote from the South West in the presidential poll. He also noted that a good number of his people were yet to get over their reservations with the Fulani.

Adams told Nigerians: “South West is a place that you cannot use the media to deceive. We are highly exposed and highly educated.”

5. If Jonathan loses, we would set Nigeria on fire – Asari Dokubo

Asari Dokubo, the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteers Force, has issued threats against opposition politicians comprising Muhammadu Buhari.

”For every Goliath, God created a David. For every Pharoah, there is a Moses. We are going to war. Everyone of you should go and fortify yourself,” he said.

6. Buhari has a dead brain – Mama Peace

The former First Lady of Nigeria, Dame Patience Jonathan, has targeted Muhammadu Buhari saying his brain was dead.

“Wetin him dey find again? Him dey drag with him pikin mate,” she said in Pidgin English. “Old man wey no get brain, him brain don die pata pata.”

7. We instigated the 6 weeks postponement so that Jonathan can win – Fasehun

According to him, it had become obvious that Goodluck Jonathan would lose the presidential election to Muhammadu Buhari.

Fasehun disclosed that he called a few influential people and advised them to shift the election date and fortunately they listened to him and the election date was shifted.

8. Jonathan already has Lagos votes – Obanikoro

The minister of foreign affairs, Musiliu Obanikoro, has revealed what will befall President Goodluck Jonathan in Lagos state.

The minister expressed optimism that President Jonathan would win in Lagos.

9. Buhari at 70 wears diapers like my mother – Fayose

Ayo Fayose, Ekiti state governor, has blasted Muhammadu Buhari, saying that many people in their 70s wear pampers.

Fayose stated this during the forum of the PDP governors, holding in Lagos:

“Lots of people in their 70s wear pampers, too old to rule Nigeria, we have to be careful not to make mistake.”

10. Buhari will die before the election – Ayo Fayose

Ayo Fayose many times tried to prove that Nigeria’s new president was ill and would die very soon.

Ekiti state governor had in an advertorial claimed “General Buhari will not survive his tenure as president of Nigeria if voted in after the February 14 presidential elections.”

Later he said he had: “No regrets on my Buhari obituary advertisement, he cannot live up to 75 years.”

Bonus. Find out some more totally wrong quotes below:

“I will deliver 1 million votes for Jonathan” – Olusegun Mimiko.

Fact: The Ondo state governor could not deliver even 300,000 votes. The APC won.

“Jonathan will win Lagos” – Jimi Agbaje.

Fact: He could not even win his (Agbaje’s) ward.

“Jonathan must win at all cost” – Sule Lamido.

Fact: He could not win Jigawa state for GEJ. The APC defeated the PDP convincingly.

“APC is a disgrace” – Gani Adams.

Fact: He lost his ward woefully to the APC.

“APC is filled with liars and will lose in Nigeria” – Babangida Aliyu.

Fact: The Niger state governor has lost his senatorial bid to David Umar of the APC.

- See more at: http://www.gltrends.com/top-10-controversial-anti-buhari-quotes/#sthash.xksZdNBs.dpuf

Re: Top 10 Controversial Anti-buhari Quotes by ayowonder(m): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
buhari just wan give dis people heart attack...what jonathan could not do for six years they expect him to do it in six days...leave him alone his approach is different dont rush him... it was rush rush wuru wuru dat ended jonathan

(1) (Reply)

Father Poisons 41-day-old Baby In Order To Divorce Wife / Who Owns This Number 07031350573 / We Won't Stop Until We Destroy Pdp - Garuba Shahu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.