Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. (22243 Views)

Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan / The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays / Virtues Of Jumah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by medexico(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
Salam Alaikum

Happy Jumah my dear muslim brothers and sisters.

Astaghfirullah! But I don't usually be in the fromt row of the Masjid during Jumah but today I was privileged to be at the front row so I will share some of the things I saw.

1.The most annoying thing I saw today was tat the people that came late will always want to be in the front and thereby causing inconveniences to the people that are seated already, I was sitting down comfortably when this fat man (I am not being abusive, it's just a description) just sat between us and made me uncomfortable.

2. Sitting in the front, I could see some people that came in and perform nawafil, but they were looking left and right like someone was going to steal them away.

3. Some people even held tesbah while standing when performing the nawafil and they were counting, I wonder if they were counting the numbers of Fatiha they recited.

I know some of will wonder how I get to see all these, well, I was sitting backing the wall.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
medexico:
Salam Alaikum

Astaghfirullah! But I don't usually be in the fromt row of the Masjid during Jumah but today I was privileged to be at the front row so I will share some of the things I saw.

1.The most annoying thing I saw today was tat the people that came late will always want to be in the front and thereby causing inconveniences to the people that are seated already, I was sitting down comfortably when this fat man (I am not being abusive, it's just a description) just sat between us and made me uncomfortable.

2. Sitting in the front, I could see some people that came in and perform nawafil, but they were looking left and right like someone was going to steal them away.

3. Some people even held tesbah while standing when performing the nawafil and they were counting, I wonder if they were counting the numbers of Fatiha they recited.

I know some of will wonder how I get to see all these, well, I was sitting backing the wall.

In which state? Town?
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by medexico(m): 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

In which state? Town?

Ilorin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by LAfricana(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
grin ilu Ilorin kin shey ilu fitina ba, ilu Ilorin kin shey ilu jagidi jagan... ilu toh jinan sinan toh sun mor alijana.. Ilu ilorin ni

Same place Saraki came from undecided

20 Likes

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Hysmady(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
Funny Ennuf

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Aminat508(f): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Funny

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Rilwayne001: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
medexico:

Ilorin
Are you sure
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by AbdH: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
medexico:

Ilorin
Typical. Next time you should face the Imam and back the people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sorry to ask, what mosque in Ilorin and is it Sunni? Tesbih during salah..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by iamakbar(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
medexico:
Salam Alaikum

At Op, Walahi it saddens my heart when i see these too (esp. number 1), it shows aw gravely disconnected we are fro the teachings and injunctions of the Noblest of Mankind(s.a.w).
Another annoying thing is seeing people discussing during khutbah.... the prophet himself warned against all these.
May ALLAH overlook our shortcomings sha.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Tenim47(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Noticing all dis is jst a sign dat u dnt av work,,,,, . D 1st one is jst "safu dei-dei"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
And you call these annoying? No, these aren't, really, compared to what we see in some of the mosques in Lagos. I've seen a grown man reading a sports newspaper as the khutbah went on. My friend had to give one hell of an admonition to the man after the khutbah. I've seen two grown men discussing football during the khutbah. Last week, I saw someone listening to music during the khutbah. I've seen people receive phone calls........ And you call these annoying?

We have a duty, remember! Our duty is to call their attention to their awful acts; most of the people are just plainly ignorant; they are willing to hear the truth. smiley

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Are you sure

What put you in doubt? Does Ilorin enjoy some immunity from ignorance?

2 Likes

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by ibiruk38: 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
But aren't u supposed to be listening attentively to to the iman's lecture

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sitting in between and making me uncomfortable!
I hate that!

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by harthonder(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Your observation can not be generalize,try nd be in front row often and try to visit other cities in nigeria b4 U draw ur conclusion.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Rilwayne001: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
laykorn:

What put you in doubt? Does Ilorin enjoy some immunity from ignorance?
NO.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by mmmustapha(m): 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
You will meet different kind of people in mosque, the most annoying ones are those that will come late and try to sit in front

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by alaoeri: 12:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
Anazoric:
Sorry to ask, what mosque in Ilorin and is it Sunni? Tesbih during salah..
No it not sunnah, the prophet SAW forbid us to be doing any other thing whenever the huthbah has started including talking even whenever his name is mention, just say SAW in your mind & don't loud it.
Op adding to your point anybody that stay in front of Imam & observed solat EXCEPT some special conditions ( Hajj, Umrah etc) the solat won't be accepted, ignorant isn't an excuse oh.

2 Likes

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
alaoeri:

No it not sunnah, the prophet SAW forbid us to be doing any other thing whenever the huthbah has started including talking even whenever his name is mention, just say SAW in your mind & don't loud it.
Op adding to your point anybody that stay in front of Imam & observed solat EXCEPT some special conditions ( Hajj, Umrah etc) the solat won't be accepted, ignorant isn't an excuse oh.

thank you for your explanation, although I was asking if the mosque was a sunni mosque.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Shiifi(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
guy which kind jummat una dey pray by 12:00 na shia u b
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by moderate99(m): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2015
Op adding to your point anybody that stay in front of Imam & observed solat EXCEPT some special conditions ( Hajj, Umrah etc) the solat won't be accepted, ignorant isn't an excuse oh.[/quote]ur evidence..

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Bimpe29: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
LAfricana:
grin ilu Ilorin kin shey ilu fitina ba, ilu Ilorin kin shey ilu jagidi jagan... ilu toh jinan sinan toh sun mor alijana.. Ilu ilorin ni

Same place Saraki came from undecided

You got it!
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by lekzzydo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
medexico:
Salam Alaikum

1.The most annoying thing I saw today was tat the people that came late will always want to be in the front and thereby causing inconveniences to the people that are seated already, I was sitting down comfortably when this fat man (I am not being abusive, it's just a description)[b] just sat between us and made me uncomfortable. [\b]

[b] I know some of will wonder how I get to see all these, well, I was sitting backing the wall.[\b]

My comment is about d statements in bold

Op, u r sitting n backing the wall and a fat man came to sit in between already seated people.
Haba! How will u b sitting in a position whereby u r backing d wall n a man will come n sit in between u n other person. Judging from d structure of a mosque. It is not possible.

If u r sitting n backing d wall, it means is either u r d 1st in a row or last.

Sitting n backing d wall to mean is d most comfortable position already.

I'm nt saying no 1 is not possible buh in ur own case it's not possible.

Jumah Mubarak
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
Anazoric:

thank you for your explanation, although I was asking if the mosque was a sunni mosque.
Salam Alaykum,pls I have been hearing about this Sunni or Shia of Muslims? what does the means? who are the sunnis and who are the Shia?. and which one is better? . I hope I would get a reply
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by nairation: 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
rahazaqa:
Salam Alaykum,pls I have been hearing about this Sunni or Shia of Muslims? what does the means? who are the sunnis and who are the Shia?. and which one is better? . I hope I would get a reply

You see, you can't really say which one is better, because you will surely cause trouble...

But the Sunnis are the muslims that have not added anything to islam, they follow as it has been said

and then the shia...well i don't know really know what they are about, they sing and all sorts..

ask google for the rest..

but why i will never really have a problem with shia is that,

it is said that ISLAM will one day be divided into 71 factions and only one will be recognized as the real islam

and i already know of three..but if you ask me..i am a Sunni and i hope it is the right one because i follow everything that is said in the quran

no adding no subtracting....

But all in all..i dont judge...Allah is there for that..i just do what is said to be right... Allah knows best...

4 Likes

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
nairation:

You see, you can't really say which one is better, because you will surely cause trouble...

But the Sunnis are the muslims that have not added anything to islam, they follow as it has been said

and then the shia...well i don't know really know what they are about, they sing and all sorts..

ask google for the rest..

but why i will never really have a problem with shia is that,

it is said that ISLAM will one day be divided into 71 factions and only one will be recognized as the real islam

and i already know of three..but if you ask me..i am a Sunni and i hope it is the right one because i follow everything that is said in the quran

no adding no subtracting....

But all in all..i dont judge...Allah is there for that..i just do what is said to be right... Allah knows best...
oh thanks. but does this shia muslim really exist?. .cuz where I am,we muslim do our things the same way. But I know some ppl to be Ahmadiyah,Tijaniyat and the rest, are those one the Shia? I don't just understand this thing
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
This is copy pasted because it gives a more general explanation to your question:

The Shia Muslims believe that following the Prophet Muhammad's death, leadership should have passed directly to his cousin/son-in-law, Ali bin Abu Talib.
Shia Muslims also feel animosity towards some of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad, based on their positions and actions during the early years of discord about leadership in the community. Many of these companions (Abu Bakr, Umar ibn Al Khattab, Aisha, etc.) have narrated traditions about the Prophet's life and spiritual practice. Shia Muslims reject these traditions (hadith) and do not base any of their religious practices on the testimony of these individuals. This naturally gives rise to some differences in religious practice between the two groups. These differences touch all detailed aspects of religious life: prayer, fasting, pilgrimage, etc

rahazaqa:
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by tundeotunba(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
Everyone is expected to come in and sit down quietly at a Jumah service especially while the Imam is busy with Uthbah. No greetings, no side talks but 100% concentration.

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
The Ahmadiyahs are a Muslim movement whose followers believe that its founder Mīrzā Gulām Ahmad ( circa 1839–1908) was the Mahdi or promised messiah.

The Tijaniyats are a sunni sufi sect who originated from North Africa and mainly practiced in West Africa. Terms like salati fati, maulud nabiy, dhikr meetings, islamic poetry are synonymous with them. Some sunnis are of the opinion that they deviate from monotheistic tenets because of the way they treat their muqqadam or spiritual leaders.

rahazaqa:
oh thanks. but does this shia muslim really exist?. .cuz where I am,we muslim do our things the same way. But I know some ppl to be Ahmadiyah,Tijaniyat and the rest, are those one the Shia? I don't just understand this thing

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Omotayor123(f): 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
Are you Just noticing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tragic End Of ISIS Militant Forcefully Married To 7 Year Old / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists / A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.