Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. (22246 Views)

Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan / The Ruling On Saying Jumah Mubarak And Sending It via texts On Fridays / Virtues Of Jumah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Anazoric:
The Ahmadiyahs are a Muslim movement whose followers believe that its founder Mīrzā Gulām Ahmad ( circa 1839–1908) was the Mahdi or promised messiah.

The Tijaniyats are a sunni sufi sect who originated from North Africa and mainly practiced in West Africa. Terms like salati fati, maulud nabiy, dhikr meetings, islamic poetry are synonymous with them. Some sunnis are of the opinion that they deviate from monotheistic tenets because of the way they treat their muqqadam or spiritual leaders.

Jazakallahu khairan,. Are Tijaniya and Ahmadiyah also part of Sunnio muslim? or they are another set entirely.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by nairation: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
rahazaqa:
oh thanks. but does this shia muslim really exist?. .cuz where I am,we muslim do our things the same way. But I know some ppl to be Ahmadiyah,Tijaniyat and the rest, are those one the Shia? I don't just understand this thing

My brother, if you ask me, na who i go ask?

I can't just wrap my head around this factions but one thing you should know is..

this Sunni and Shi'a didn't start yesterday ooo..

it has been there since the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W died..

atleast from what i have read.. some of the muslims thought of the prophet to be like a leader

and then when he died there was like a power vacuum and the story goes on and on and on...

So my brother just serve Allah to the best of your knowledge, follow the teachings of the Quran

and then the Hadiths of the Prophet S.A.W...

Just visit this link and see what you can make of it http://www.diffen.com/difference/Shia_vs_Sunni
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Abujabir24: 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
There are shia muslims in d north oo. So many of them scattered across the states. Ahmadiyya are not much, sunni are the highest while tijjanniyya are also large.
But the fact is all factions will goto hell expect the one the prophet and sahabas practised. And by this statement, it seems the sunnis and salafis are the ones pratising it.
But other factions will stand on their feets and tell us that their sects re d ones the prophet is talking abt.
May Allah help us.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
rahazaqa:
Jazakallahu khairan,. Are Tijaniya and Ahmadiyah also part of Sunnio muslim? or they are another set entirely.

Ameen, you too. Tijaniyat are more similar in ideology to orthodox sunni Muslims. I would say that many people won't associate Ahmadiyah with sunnis mainly because in sunni Islam, Rasulillah SAW is believed to be the seal of prophethood. Ahmadiyah seem to deviate from this principle by believing in another messenger.

2 Likes

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by soulhighman(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
laykorn:
And you call these annoying? No, these aren't, really, compared to what we see in some of the mosques in Lagos. I've seen a grown man reading a sports newspaper as the khutbah went on. My friend had to give one hell of an admonition to the man after the khutbah. I've seen two grown men discussing football during the khutbah. Last week, I saw someone listening to music during the khutbah. I've seen people receive phone calls........ And you call these annoying?

We have a duty, remember! Our duty is to call their attention to their awful acts; most of the people are just plainly ignorant; they are willing to hear the truth. smiley
My brother, you are so on point. I guess the Op comes from a place where Islam is soooo strong. In have a friend like that that I met in sch, whenever he is complaining abt somethings in my sch there in abk, especially dressing, with amazement, I usually tell him that its not new to me and that if he stays in lag, he go just complain tire.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by carinmom(f): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
rahazaqa:
Salam Alaykum,pls I have been hearing about this Sunni or Shia of Muslims? what does the means? who are the sunnis and who are the Shia?. and which one is better? . I hope I would get a reply
well the Sunni are the ones that strictly follow prophetic sunna. As for Shia they innovate alot into the religion, they insult Prophet( SAW) sahabas and his wives
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Empiree: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
Anazoric:

thank you for your explanation, although I was asking if the mosque was a sunni mosque.
And why is this important?. Saying mosque isn't enough anymore?

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by balash(m): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
This Made Frontpage when they are more great topics in the Islamic Thrends meant to be more educative even for other religion Beleivers...

I sincerely dont understand Nairaland Anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Empiree: 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
balash:
This Made Frontpage when they are more great topics in the Islamic Thrends meant to be more educative even for other religion Beleivers...

I sincerely dont understand Nairaland Anymore
Seconded! Thread like this that could stare hatred should never make front page. What is it to learn from it when some folks pesting quetions about sects. This nonsense have gotta stop.

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by justfash50: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
@anazoric

Pls stop this Sunni issue it further devide the ummah. The salaf do not call themselves all these. You are a Muslim is enough rather than all this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 13, 2015
justfash50:
@anazoric

Pls stop this Sunni issue it further devide the ummah. The salaf do not call themselves all these. You are a Muslim is enough rather than all this

I'm not trying to be divisive. He doesn't know, I thought it was part of seeking for knowledge. It's important to know the sect that uses a mosque sometimes, so as to understand certain practices better. For example, if you walk in on someone praying with their shoes on, you know where they're coming from. This isn't to alienate anybody, it's just so we can understand ourselves better.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 13, 2015
Empiree:
Seconded! Thread like this that could stare hatred should never make front page. What is it to learn from it when some folks pesting quetions about sects. This nonsense have gotta stop.

the issue of sects was mentioned by Rasulillah SAW, I believe we can have a healthy conversation about this. I think healthy conversation should be encouraged. Most of our problems today, especially in the middle east are centred on sectarian crisis. May Allah make it easy for us all.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Empiree: 5:00am On Jun 13, 2015
Anazoric:

the issue of sects was mentioned by Rasulillah SAW, I believe we can have a healthy conversation about this. I think healthy conversation should be encouraged. Most of our problems today, especially in the middle east are centred on sectarian crisis. May Allah make it easy for us all.
Definitely not the way you carry it here. And when the prophet(saw) talked about it, that was pure prophecy and not something to be throwing around like toy. Those who engage in sectarian talks are yet to understand its essence. The prophecy itself was meant to avoid sectarianism and its danger.

But if you truly want to know about each sect and their creed, you may be wasting your time asking because you may be asking from wrong people who are ready to give you wrong info. And then you carry that along and act on it. That's how sectarian conflicts start. All of them claim to be upon Quran and Sunnah. That's all

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by justfash50: 5:52am On Jun 13, 2015
@anazonic

Yeah the prophet talks about it as rightly said by empire but only Allah ( saw)knows the rightly guided who are truly upon the Quran and Sunnah. There are a lot of takfir out there to even does that says the kalimah. So brother drop the matter that we are in doubt and follow the Quran and the Sun ah. Try like you did above in matters that are clear to propagate the Deen rather than where the um ah is divided.May Allah Continue to unite us and strengthened the ummah. Wa llahu Alam. Amin
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by sulakishop(m): 7:29am On Jun 13, 2015
medexico:
Salam Alaikum

Happy Jumah my dear muslim brothers and sisters.

Astaghfirullah! But I don't usually be in the fromt row of the Masjid during Jumah but today I was privileged to be at the front row so I will share some of the things I saw.

1.The most annoying thing I saw today was tat the people that came late will always want to be in the front and thereby causing inconveniences to the people that are seated already, I was sitting down comfortably when this fat man (I am not being abusive, it's just a description) just sat between us and made me uncomfortable.

2. Sitting in the front, I could see some people that came in and perform nawafil, but they were looking left and right like someone was going to steal them away.

3. Some people even held tesbah while standing when performing the nawafil and they were counting, I wonder if they were counting the numbers of Fatiha they recited.

I know some of will wonder how I get to see all these, well, I was sitting backing the wall.

I call that a traditional way of worshiping. ..so funny

1 Like

Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by Empiree: 5:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by medexico(m): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
lekzzydo:

My comment is about d statements in bold

Op, u r sitting n backing the wall and a fat man came to sit in between already seated people.
Haba! How will u b sitting in a position whereby u r backing d wall n a man will come n sit in between u n other person. Judging from d structure of a mosque. It is not possible.

If u r sitting n backing d wall, it means is either u r d 1st in a row or last.

Sitting n backing d wall to mean is d most comfortable position already.

I'm nt saying no 1 is not possible buh in ur own case it's not possible.

Jumah Mubarak

lol... he amde us adjust, and I moved a little bit away from my initial position.
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by medexico(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Are you sure

Yes
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by medexico(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
Anazoric:
Sorry to ask, what mosque in Ilorin and is it Sunni? Tesbih during salah..

Al hikmah School Mosque
Re: Things That I Saw In The Front Row Of Jumah Today. by ReminderMumin: 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
brother it is a worse deed to turn around and speak bad of your brothers and sisters like this or expose their faults than that which any of them were doing, this has become a commonplace thing for Muslims on social media but I warn you all that the words you say may not seem grave or big but it can be a word one does not consider much that is grave in the Sight of Allah(SWT). i do not see any reason to share this so why say it and risk an ongoing sin on your part, i ask you to read the narration in Chapter 24 of The Quran, Surah Noor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Differences Between Islam And Western Ideology / Tragic End Of ISIS Militant Forcefully Married To 7 Year Old / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.