Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam (8860 Views)

ABIA STATE: GOD's OWN STATE.(official State Thread) / Ugbekpe-ekperi: Remembering Dele Giwa 29 Years After / Former Agric Minister: His Fertilizer Scam And Farmer's Phone Deal'' By Bamidele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Obascoetubi: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2015
A High Court in Katsina State has sentenced a man, Nasiru Gusau (alias Nasiru Succer) to 29 years imprisonment for diverting seven trucks or 4, 200 bags of fertilizer in Yola, Adamawa State.

Mr. Gusau, a staff of the federal ministry of finance Gusau, Zamfara State was sentenced on a 9-count charge bordering on forgery and criminal breach of trust preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The fertilizer, the EFCC said was meant to be delivered to Adamawa for the state’s use.
Count one of the charges read, “That you Nasiru Yahaya ‘M’ on or about the 14th day of March, 2011 at Funtua within the Judicial Division of the High court of Justice Katsina state being entrusted with certain property, to wit; 1, 800 bags of fertilizer worth the sum of Nine Million Naira only by Ibrahim Dogo, did commit criminal breach of trust in respect of the said property and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 311 of the Penal Code”.

The accused however, pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.

The judge, Abdullahi Yusuf, in his ruling said the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt and found the accused guilty of all the nine count charges, and therefore sentenced him to 4 years each on counts 1 and 2 and a fine of N1m; and 3 years each on counts 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.

Mr. Gusau is also due to be arraigned on another charge bordering on fraud by the EFCC. He was served with the fresh information moments after he was convicted by Mr. Yusuf.

The anti-graft agency is challenging the acquittal of the convict by Justice Bello Muhammed of Zamfara State High Court in another matter where he was docked for alleged diversion of 36 trucks of fertilizer worth N68, 000,000 for personal use.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184425-zamfara-state-official-jailed-29-years-over-fertilizer-scam.html

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by abduljabbar4(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
Corruption is losing its fight against Nigeria. Thank God for change!!!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by 9jii(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
All these Thieves should be tied to the balls in jail.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by wachakuta(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
Winds of Change

18 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
shocked this 29 years plenty ooo......all the same, this is good for the development of the nation.

13 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by slys(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
He deserve it....only you want to be in charge of what belong to a state
Barawo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by omanifrank(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
see gobe b dat
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Pavore9: 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
Stealing is indeed corruption!

17 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
Buhari ....

8 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Dollyak(f): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
This people don't joke around. 29 years for theft/corruption shocked

10 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by M0GIDI: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
GEJ/Akinwumi fertilizer policy, best thing that ever happened to Agric in Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
Oops! Sad, just sad. I hope EFCC and the superior courts would be more efficient in handling the more corrupt, evasive public officials. They ought to be dealt with accordingly

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by rabimlomo: 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
EFcc is working. Ordinary stealing is now gradually becoming corruption again Hippie cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by ceejay80s(m): 7:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
I still dey wait for ministers, senators ,governors and ex presidents etc to join the jail sentence
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by kelvz(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
dat moment when u book a space before readin the write-up. . And after reading u totally don't know what to say.. . #It solryt
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by symbianDON(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
good!!! I wish more cases of corruption will end in judgements like this. nigeria must be great again. kudos to the judge. happy jail term to the accused.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Adadio: 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
omanifrank:
see gobe b dat
29 years no too much.What about our Politrickians accused of
corruption?
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
Anytin dat happens in I s l a m a b a d stays in I s l a m a b a d Nutin concern me

2 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by sommyblaze(m): 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by roycegabby(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
Nice one. ..hope others like him can learn from that!
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by BabaNath(m): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
The bigger thieves nko
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Sunnycliff(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
The way EFCC is working now, I pray It's not a cheap stunt for PMB recognition or award!!

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by CR77(f): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Out of point
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Anytin dat happens in I s l a m a b a d stays in I s l a m a b a d
Nutin concern me

15 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by flashychoicy(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Not good na pardon him
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by CR77(f): 8:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
tongue See ur life tongue
flashychoicy:
Not good na pardon him

3 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by MARKone(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Very good, I hope it is packaged with Hard labour
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Youngzedd(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
Change is here.

1 Like

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by CR77(f): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ask dem oo
BabaNath:
The bigger thieves nko
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by omenka(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Corruption is losing its fight against Nigeria. Thank God for change!!!
Absolutely. With one conviction at a time, we'd purge the system of this monster that has held the progress of this potentially great nation hostage for decades, and celebrated like some revered monument in the immediate past admin.

We will surely get there.

God bless Nigeria.

Ps: you can bet your life you won't see or hear any of his "brothers" threatening fire and brimstone over his conviction. He's a criminal and has been treated as such, simple. I wish some people could start thinking with their heads.

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by mustydeen(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
29 years shocked... that's good news. That's a strong message
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by Raxxye(m): 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
This is good news
Re: Zamfara State Official Jailed 29 Years Over Fertilizer Scam by oluwafestus(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
That's why we need independence of the judiciary. More of this expected after due trial.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omo-Agege Never Convicted In US — Court / What Does It Mean To Be A Nigerian Political Delegate? / Gov. Oshiomole Changing Benin-city To Dubai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.