Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize (2060 Views)

Photo:goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize / Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award / Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
Nigeria’s former President, Goodluck Jonathan has been recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize by a public policy organisation on African affairs, the Africa Political & Economic Strategic Center (AFRIPOL).
The organisation noted that the will of Alfred Nobel, the progenitor of Nobel Prize stated that Peace Prize be awarded to whoever “shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses”.
Accordingly the organisation held that the ‘peaceful way President Jonathan conceded to President-elect Buhari deserves the attention of Nobel Peace Prize committee. He may have not promoted “fraternity between nations” but he surely promotes fraternal peace among Nigerians by conceding power.’
The group maintained that the “concession speech by President Jonathan averted bloodshed, violence and imbroglio in the most populous country in Africa. This gesture by Jonathan [sic] buttressed to the whole world that Nigeria has joined the comity of civilized nations. Nigeria can be said to have shown great leadership in Africa and made Africans in general and Nigerians in particular to comprehend that transfer of power does not need to be violent but rather peaceful as heralded by the outgoing president of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.”

Source: http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/goodluck-jonathan-for-nobel-peace-prize/

barcanista, cramjones, obiagelli, ngeneukwuenu, UrennaNkoli, beremx, freeglobe

cc: lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by tociano009(m): 11:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
tociano009:
undecided
meaning?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by tociano009(m): 11:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
Chigold101:
meaning?
shoro niyen

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
tociano009:
shoro niyen
which means?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 06, 2015
Jonathaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!

From President to Global Icon! He deserve it

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by xcolanto(m): 12:12am On Jun 06, 2015
This is a welcome development! Gej although lost power, saved the Nigerian people of all Ethnic and religious affliction, bloodshed, mayhem and wanton destruction promised by those who swore to make Nigeria ungovernable. Those who said "the dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood".

Indeed this humble man deserves all the awards there is when it comes to peace in the African region. His famous words "my ambition not worth the blood of my people" is the most democratic phrase in modern day African politics!

God bless GEJ
God bless the African people
God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by blonker1: 12:13am On Jun 06, 2015
Yes my president is qualified for the award.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by tociano009(m): 12:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Chigold101:

which means?
mathew 7:7
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Vicadonis(m): 12:22am On Jun 06, 2015
Story for the gods ooo

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by adoinem(f): 12:24am On Jun 06, 2015
What a joke! All over the world political opponents concede defeats now and then without it being considered worthy of Nobel Prize.

The other face of GEJ's government has knocked him out of the line-up, let a lone being eligible for the race! By this I mean, the corruption that ran into billions of dollars, which has bankrupted the country and everything is at a stand-still.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 12:34am On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!

From President to Global Icon! He deserve it
He more than deserve it... soon GEJ will become a motivational talking point all over the world... Just like Mandela

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 12:36am On Jun 06, 2015
xcolanto:
This is a welcome development! Gej although lost power, saved the Nigerian people of all Ethnic and religious affliction, bloodshed, mayhem and wanton destruction promised by those who swore to make Nigeria ungovernable. Those who said "the dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood".

Indeed this humble man deserves all the awards there is when it comes to peace in the African region. His famous words "my ambition not worth the blood of my people" is the most democratic phrase in modern day African politics!

God bless GEJ
God bless the African people
God bless Nigeria

GEJ only accepted losing power. The world knew that he didnt lose at the polls but he lost inside Jega's board room... But more reward awaits him sha

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by kahara(m): 12:40am On Jun 06, 2015
GEJ my Hero

Buharia my Pillow

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by NDPVF(m): 12:44am On Jun 06, 2015
We love you Jonathan,but the children of hate and anger doesnt want to see you. The more they demonize you,the more God honours you.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2015
adoinem:
What a joke! All over the world political opponents concede defeats now and then without it being considered worthy of Nobel Prize.

The other face of GEJ's government has knocked him out of the line-up, let a lone being eligible for the race! By this I mean, the corruption that ran into billions of dollars, which has bankrupted the country and everything is at a stand-still.

bad belle no dey give blood, I hope you know so...?
Those of you that accuse GEJ of corruption should wait until he is convicted in law court... you people should know that the campaign is over. It is time for all to face the reality.
Just as your brainless Buhari who said it is a disgrace for Chad, Niger and Cameroun to help Nigeria fight boko haram... now his first assignment was to run to Chad & Niger with almajeri plate begging them to ffer more help... http://thenationonlineng.net/new/disgrace-neighbours-must-take-boko-haram-buhari-2/

Modified... If you are the person in your DP, then you are too beautiful to become a "bad belle" person... but if you are a bad belle person just know that GEJ will that award and you will cry...

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2015
NDPVF:
We love you Jonathan,but the children of hate and anger doesnt want to see you.
The more they demonize you,the more God honours you.
correct man

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 12:49am On Jun 06, 2015
tociano009:
mathew 7:7
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you...

you really needam
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 12:49am On Jun 06, 2015
kahara:
GEJ my Hero

Buharia my Pillow
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by yakubuomowumi: 12:54am On Jun 06, 2015
A living legend ,I have no regrets supporting you it was the right thing to do, GEJ I love you, there are leaders, there are rulers, leadership style differs , I always knew you were a charismatic leader not an authoritarian ruler, long live GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by tociano009(m): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2015
Chigold101:
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you...

you really needam
shocked
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 06, 2015
children of anger, anguish and pain are not gonna love this but who cares if they do or not. afterall, they are not relevant.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by joseph1832(m): 1:23am On Jun 06, 2015
And did AFRIPOL know that Oga Jona started having second thoughts about the election results? So much so that he even wanted to contest the election result?.

AFRIPOL you guys should know that Jonathan's only play was to accept defeat otherwise he would have been 'Gbagboed' like Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast.

Anyway, its only a recommendation. I'm sure the recommendation will be sent to Otuoke where it belong.

And just see the way barcanista and his fellow clueless friends are happy as if they just awarded GEJ The Nobel Peace Prize. Well I guess that the modus operandi of the PDP and its supporters where "words speaks louder than action", where GEJ will say 'I will build a second Niger bridge" and they all cheered and applauded as if he really did build the bridge. Lol.

Well I guess that's the beauty of being clueless, where they tell one he or she is clueless and he or she claps his or her hands with joy and celebrate the fact that they've just been told they are clueless. I really know believe that with clueless folks "Ignorance is bliss". gringringrin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by StOla: 1:46am On Jun 06, 2015
Has any world leader ever been awarded the prize on the basis of conceding defeat?

Bush Snr never got it for losing to Clinton.
John Major of the Conservatives never got it for losing parliamentary sits to Labour party led by Tony Blair.
Just as Gordon Brown of Labour never got it to for losing parliamentary sits to the Conservatives led by David Cameron.

So why should an African get it?
Because we are ordinarily incapable of practising democracy?

A normal outcome elsewhere is a great achievement within the African society.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by joystickextendr: 2:09am On Jun 06, 2015
okay
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Chigold101:

He more than deserve it... soon GEJ will become a motivational talking point all over the world... Just like Mandela
you guys seem to have been bought over by the scam that massaged GEJ's ego just to ensure he dropped power before he becomes drunk of it like other african leaders.

100yrs from now, nobody will give him a nobel prize cos the world is not stupid. A man that the rest of the world know to be totally corrupt now having a nobel prize?
Continue being gullible.

Bad Things Likely To Start Happening To Nigerian Entertainers
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 06, 2015
best news so far.

GEJ going places. haters are hating.

GEJ our hero.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by menesheh(m): 5:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Hardcore Foundation layer for Nigerian democracy

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 7:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Children of hate should keep talking trash...

Moh Ibrahim leadership award will soon fine its way to the hands of the Otueke Cluelessman (as bad belle pikin them de call him) whom Brainless Baba Buhari will soon go to ask for clue on how to run this zoo called Nigeria...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 7:35am On Jun 06, 2015
juicee1:
you guys seem to have been bought over by the scam that massaged GEJ's ego just to ensure he dropped power before he becomes drunk of it like other african leaders.

100yrs from now, nobody will give him a nobel prize cos the world is not stupid. A man that the rest of the world know to be totally corrupt now having a nobel prize?
Continue being gullible.
I wanted to use foul words on you but i just changed my mind.

As for the corruption u talk about, wait until your brainless baba buhari finds GEJ guilty before you jubilate.

But take note that this is the first time their was no post election violence after presidential polls in Nigeria.

Brainless Baba Buhari drank enough blood in 2003 & 2007 but in 2011 he overchoked himself with blood of innocent tenants of this zoo.

Whatever you like think, pray or do... The world know the level of crises GEJ saved it from.

I am sure it is the spirit of hate that dwells in you that has sealed your brain and blocked your mind for rational imaagination.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Jesusloveyou: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
Chigold101:

u must be silly equating mandela with corrupt gej.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize by Chigold101(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u must be silly equating mandela with corrupt gej.
looking at your monika one would think that u should be wise. But it is a pity u re not anywhere near wisdom.

If David who took someone‘s wife & murdered the man would be called a man after God‘s own heart i wonder how you u call someone who has not been convicted by any court “curropt.“

If you like go and die... GEJ‘s reputation will go beyond that of mandela...

(1) (2) (Reply)

In 1952, A Fulani Man, Mallam Umaru Altine Was Elected Mayor In Enugu, / Gay Lecturer Dr. Gambo, Arrested For Harassing Male Student At The ABU, Zaria / Buhari, Jonathan To Appear Before Parliament In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.