Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application (13865 Views)

Student Expelled From Unibadan For Insulting VC, To Appeal In 14 Days. / Nairaland Interschool Debate (elimination Round)- Winner 5: UNIBADAN / (updated) University Of Ibadan (unibadan) 2015/2016 Post-graduate Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 06, 2015
Sale of forms for the 2015/16 Academic Session Admission Exercise shall commence on Monday, June 8th, 2015 and would last for six (6) weeks.
All interested candidates are therefore advised to apply through Unibadan admissions portal :

http://admissions.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/adm_all_main.aspx

http://admissions.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/admissions20/adm_basic_info.aspx

The UI-PG website is http://www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng

All applicants are to apply through this admissions portal ALONE.
BEWARE of FRAUDULENT people. The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, has NO authorized AGENT anywhere
Kindly inform your friends, and other individuals who may be interested.
Thank you
Management
Postgraduate School, UI.
Here is the part 1 of the registration process in YOUTUBE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBc3AQ29Iis

Disclaimer: You can trust @tonyfrenzy for some tips, not in any way a staff though.

Best of luck in your pursuit of Nigeria's most revered citadel of learning.

Earn from Ur Passion as A Fan. SignUp Here: http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate241366
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 06, 2015
Here is a link to the just concluded 2014/15 admision exercise on NL:
www.nairaland.com/1826946/updated-university-ibadan-unibadan-2014
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by wroskian(m): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2015
tonyfrenzy:
Hello, I intend applying for MECPC (Professional), but got to know from the prospectus that certain years of cognate work experience is required. Do they really consider this? I don't have relevant work experience, so i need clarifications. Gracias.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
wroskian:

Hello, I intend applying for MECPC (Professional), but got to know from the prospectus that certain years of cognate work experience is required. Do they really consider this? I don't have relevant work experience, so i need clarifications. Gracias.

I am not in Ibadan presently so i cud hv helped to confirm that, but the difference between Professional and Academic Masters is that you cannot proceed to PhD. with professional masters degree as it is only intended for *professionals* as the name suggests ( people who are already established and thus needs a related degree to their fields of established ), this may be the reason for the requirements of work experience.

So if you are young or still have intention of working in academics or to further your education, go for academics masters courses. It does not require experience at all, just your NYSC certificate and other related documents.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by wroskian(m): 5:14am On Jun 20, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

I am not in Ibadan presently so i cud hv helped to confirm that, but the difference between Professional and Academic Masters is that you cannot proceed to PhD. with professional masters degree as it is only intended for *professionals* as the name suggests ( people who are already established and thus needs a related degree to their fields of established ), this may be the reason for the requirements of work experience.

So if you are young or still have intention of working in academics or to further your education, go for academics masters courses. It does not require experience at all, just your NYSC certificate and other related documents.
Thanks. But, what if i don't intend to pursue a career in academics, can i still go for it?
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
yes, for sure.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by akinyeleaa: 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hi, bro, pls can I have ur number. I need to make enquiries abt ui Pg asap. I am a serving corp member passing out Oct. I hope it the cert won't be late for ui den?
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
akinyeleaa:
Hi, bro, pls can I have ur number. I need to make enquiries abt ui Pg asap. I am a serving corp member passing out Oct. I hope it the cert won't be late for ui den?
it certainly can't be late. Jst make sure ur e-mail is very functional...UI'll carry u along, fully.
Sorry, I dnt like giving my no out online. You can always check back here (hope u can understand). U can leave me ur mail & i'll inbox u.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by akinyeleaa: 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

it certainly can't be late. Jst make sure ur e-mail is very functional...UI'll carry u along, fully.
Sorry, I dnt like giving my no out online. You can always check back here (hope u can understand). U can leave me ur mail & i'll inbox u.
tnx bro. damelove63@yahoo.com. Anyone wif the ept questions should pls send me too.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
akinyeleaa:
tnx bro. damelove63@yahoo.com. Anyone wif the ept questions should pls send me too.
Check ur mail.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by amosade30(m): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
gudday bro, pls i want to find out the cost of the UI Masters in: (1.)Engineering Mgt (2)Energy Technology Mgt programs and dia duration, want to enroll for one aftr my NYSC program. Do they have the Professional and Academic options too?tx bro
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by akinyeleaa: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
tonyfrenzy:
Check ur mail.
Seen bro
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
amosade30:
gudday bro, pls i want to find out the cost of the UI Masters in: (1.)Engineering Mgt (2)Energy Technology Mgt programs and dia duration, want to enroll for one aftr my NYSC program. Do they have the Professional and Academic options too?tx bro

I'll be better if U can call the help lines on the PG school website, i am no more close to the pg school building/offices.
It'll also be better if U can download the prospectus from the site & check for the course of ur choice.
No every department offer professional masters but almost all will offer the Academic program option.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by bolakayode: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
PLS a frnd of mine is havIng problems with registration, he has paid and given user name and password but cant still login in with d user name and password, pls what else shld he do. How can he activate the user name and password given to me.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 06, 2015
bolakayode:
PLS a frnd of mine is havIng problems with registration, he has paid and given user name and password but cant still login in with d user name and password, pls what else shld he do. How can he activate the user name and password given to me.
I think you have to get a new username/password from the site.
Most ones generated for you can only last between 20minutes to a few hours.
So if you do not use it, it may expire and that might be the case here.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by visita: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
Op I want to apply for a PGD course under the department of Zoology, the course is available according to their prospectus but upon registration, I found out that there was no pgd option under the department of zoology, I've tried contacting their information officer to no avail, please what do you think I should do? And secondly I'd like a copy of ept past questions at omeiz4good@gmal.com. Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
@visita
try N get a student from that department who can help u inquire directly.
I dont knw anytn about those past questions.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by visita: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
tonyfrenzy:
@visita
try N get a student from that department who can help u inquire directly.
I dont knw anytn about those past questions.
I meant the English Proficiency Test past questions. Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by nifton(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tnks for dis thread,i will get in touch wit ya soon after my assesment of some things.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
visita:
I meant the English Proficiency Test past questions. Thanks
There was no School-wide test of English proficiency during my admission so i dont know how people get it.
But check online or this link www.nairaland.com/1826946/university-ibadan-unibadan-2014-2015 to know how the just admitted applicants obtained theirs.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 08, 2015
Please, when is the 2015/2016 session LIKELY to start?
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by masquellett(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

Bro. Only one of my referrees have filled the reference form and its closing next week. Hope it won't affect my admission?
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by kcwitch(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2015
enairaprof:
Please, when is the 2015/2016 session LIKELY to start?

march/april
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
masquellett:

Bro. Only one of my referrees have filled the reference form and its closing next week. Hope it won't affect my admission?
I dunno call the PG lines. Reference is kind of important o.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by masquellett(m): 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

I dunno call the PG lines. Reference is kind of important o.
Thanks for the reply bro, pls. I just found an error in my already locked application and I need to correct. I am aware of additional charges to do that, pls do you know the amount and how to go about it. I called the PG lines several times but no response. Thankz
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
kcwitch:

march/april
Thank you so much for that good news! I just took the risk to get the form because i will be rounding off my youth service by April. This is indeed a good news. God bless you.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2015
masquellett:

Thanks for the reply bro, pls. I just found an error in my already locked application and I need to correct. I am aware of additional charges to do that, pls do you know the amount and how to go about it. I called the PG lines several times but no response. Thankz
mehn, dat send set U back by close to #10k o. U mst be double sure before locking. I've never done correction after locking so i dunno how they do it.
But itz like U hv to click on the edit link, if u've locked b4 it'll gv U option print invoice for the charge after payment I guess ur unlocking details would be sent.
You don't hv to submit in a hurry, get ur details complete I doubt if UI wil be closing that stuff even in 2months time sef.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by herbert7: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2015
reasons to study in philippines

International Accredited Universities- Philippines is home of tope universities that has produced worlds caliber in different fields from medicine
, science, business, politics foreign studies and have hundreds of foreign enrollees and studies every year.

English as Official Language- Philippines is considered as one of the top English speaking countries and top English speaking country in Asia. English is its second official language and that schools use English as theor teaching command.

Low cost of living- Foreign students can enjoy balancing their lifestyle while spending less money. In the Philippines, you can rent a dormitory or an apartment unit in just less than $50 or Php2,000 a month. Not to mention the less expense in food, clothing and leisure.

Western-based Pattern of education- Education pattern and curriculum in the Philippines is westernize and modern. Since Filipinos are widely recognized in the medical field, more foreign students in the Philippines and taking Medicine, Nursing and other medical courses.

Friendly Filipinos!- The Filipinos are natural born hospitable and friendly. That’s what Filipinos are loved for. You can meet a lot of new friends easily and they will tour you around without hearing complaints or aloofness. Filipinos treat you as part of the family, will invite you to come over their house to know you better. That way, you will not miss your country so much because you know you are loved in your new community.

Education Programs- To attract more foreign students, the government created different education programs and university programs that aims to provide better education for foreign workers. One of these programs is the ‘Philippine ESL (English as a Second Language) Tour Program,’ in which the study of English forms part of a structured tour package. Studying English becomes more exciting and fun through dynamic and creative ways of learning where participants get to interact, practice, and use English more often in real-life settings thru games, outdoor activities, excursions, and immersions. Aside from learning the English language, participants get to see the beautiful sceneries of the Philippine countryside and immerse with the local culture.

Protection, guaranteed!- Colleges and universities that has foreign students has more stricter protection for their foreign nationals students. 24 hour security and schools with CCTV cameras are installed around the campuses.

a gr8 opportunity for a third class student to enroll in master program..exchange students are allowed to finish up in philippines

Leisure, Culture, and Fun!- Filipinos are known for always being happy and fun loving. The Filipinos has adapted western culture over the years due to the presence of different nationals in the country. International-owned companies are in the country like restaurants, boutiques, resorts and private companies.

Faster and Easy Visa Application- Unlike any other countries, the Philippines is much loose in terms of accepting foreign students since its aim is to provide better education and promote the education system of the country,visa is 100% sure,once you have a genuine admission letter from any designated univsty

tuition in philippines is among the lowest in the world,payable per semester,about 400usd approximately 60-70k in naira per semstr

kindly contact me if u will need my assistance,am presently a pastor in philippines,as wel taking up a master program here-(pls no flashing,only the serious once)
any university that likes linkage or collaboration of univtys in philippines can contact me as wel..
pastor herbert
intl ordained missionary
love of God worldwide ministries and mission
pangasinan philippines.
sec reg no.cn201501363
+6390647997909(WATTSAPP)
+639186574594
+639333595021
email- herbertmols@yahoo.com
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by femi9naija(m): 12:12am On Jul 10, 2015
i'm kinda confused, would appreciate if someone can help.
i v a bsc in comp sci (2-2), what are my chances if i apply for msc elect elect (telecommunications)? hope i wont be required to go for PGD first?
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 10, 2015
tonyfrenzy, please when will our transcript be requested by u. i.... i have completed the application and i dont know if i should send it now or is it going to be when the admission process begins proper?
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=hiroz post=35695075]tonyfrenzy, please when will our transcript be requested by u. i.... i have completed the application and i dont know if i should send it now or is it going to be when the admission process begins proper? [/quote
One of the first thing they'll check to confirm u're eligible. Send it immediately, else you may not be called for interview or test of English when itz time.
Re: University Of Ibadan (unibadan)2015/2016 Post-graduate Application by akinyeleaa: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Please, does anybody knows if birth certificate is needed in the application process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UTME Not For Admission, But For Ranking - Oloyede / Advice To Freshers In Nigerian Higher Institutions / Uniabuja Part-time Form And Diploma Form Still On Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.