Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Churches And Their Disturbance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Churches And Their Disturbance (2818 Views)

Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution / Sambo's Anti-christ Outburst Against Churches And Pastor Osinbajo / Osinbajo Has 5,000 Churches So Don't Vote For Buhari - Sambo In Jigawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches And Their Disturbance by lorddubic: 12:49am On Jun 06, 2015
Please good people viewing this thread.

I want to ask. Is it good for a so called church to be playing music at this hour of the day? A church that has its speakers placed outside the neighbourhood.

As I type this message, I am in my sitting room. I can't sleep because of the noise.

After this noise, by 4.30 5am they will wake up and start shouting on top of their voices commanding people to wake up and come for prayer.....but its not by force na.

Saturdays and Sundays are usually the worse.

But my worry is this....Can't they keep their speakers inside ? Can't they pray on their own without disturbing peoples sleep?

Is this what religion means cry cry

I do not mean to insult anyone but I think this isn't right.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 06, 2015
sorry bro is everywhere in naija

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by lorddubic: 1:08am On Jun 06, 2015
chowlade:
sorry bro is everywhere in naija

Becoming a nusance
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 06, 2015
Currently in my area some are still drumming!
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by lorddubic: 1:16am On Jun 06, 2015
adetona99:
Currently in my area some are still drumming!

Mine is double barrel.

opposite the building I stay is a Mosque...Alha akbwa

Then back is the church I mentioned...atleast mosque own we kno say na 5am alone... But this church na midnight like this and morning again... And my rent still far to expire.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by obailala(m): 2:14am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

Mine is double barrel.
Then back is the church I mentioned...atleast mosque own we kno say na 5am alone... But this church na midnight like this and morning again... [size=14pt]And my rent still far to expire.[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Africa is a hopeless jungle... and if you dare to complain, you will be labelled an evil spirit grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Nobody: 3:26am On Jun 06, 2015
One is currently blasting its loud speaker at this time of the day- 3am.

I almost ran deaf last sunday when I went to church. Imagine a church with less than 60 people using loud speakers way more than the amount you'll find in a rock and roll concert. Funny enough, I was placed by a silly usher beside one that I almost could rest on it. It was when the choir started singing that I realised what I was in for. The vibration and the heavy sound blocked my ears temporarily. I prayed for them to finish. When I got home, I noticed a ringing in my ear that lasted for 3days thanks to ear drop. I almost developed tinnitus.

To hell with these so-called churches. The amount spent on the speakers could have sorted a sick man's bills at the hospital. Imagine a small church that need not even use a megaphone now using 4 speakers with each taller than a full grown man.

Bad Things Likely To Start Happening To Nigerian Entertainers
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by menesheh(m): 5:15am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

I want to ask. Is it good for a so called church to be playing music at this hour of the day? A church that has its speakers placed outside the neighbourhood.

As I type this message, I am in my sitting room. I can't sleep because of the noise.

After this noise, by 4.30 5am they will wake up and start shouting on top of their voices commanding people to wake up and come for prayer.....but its not by force na.

But my worry is this....Can't they keep their speakers inside ? Can't they pray on their own without disturbing peoples sleep?

Not here, should be religion section. We are just circular here.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 5:30am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

Report them to LASEPA (Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency) if you stay in Lagos.

LASEPA = 07027951351
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by omenka(m): 5:51am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

Mine is double barrel.

Then back is the church I mentioned...atleast mosque own we kno say na 5am alone... But this church na midnight like this and morning again... And my rent still far to expire.
Rotf. gringrin

Sorry I'm laughing bro. cheesy

Honestly, I feel your pains. It is such a pity we situate religious houses within residential areas in this country. The disturbance on gets either from the sound system in churches or the public address system in mosques could make a sane guy almost go mad, especially when one desperately needs peace and quiet. This is why I would never live in a place close to any of these two structures no matter how cheap they may be.

I wonder what our urban planning laws say about this. If there isn't any legislation prohibiting the erection of such religious centres in the middle of residential areas, I really think it is time we had some egghead within the National Assembly take up such.

The problem with such move is that, being as sentimental as we are in this country in matters of religion, one could easily be seen as anti Christian or anti Islam, and none of us wanna be so tagged. We could boast of the highest number of Churches per square kilometre in the world yet we are one of the most morally bankrupt people in the world.

God help you bro. smiley

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by akoaki(m): 6:34am On Jun 06, 2015
naptu2:

Report them to LASEPA (Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency) if you stay in Lagos.

LASEPA = 07027951351

Please to whom can i report in ogun state?
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by kay1one2(m): 6:38am On Jun 06, 2015
And your brain or content of your skull whatever it is directed you to nairaland instead of meeting those in question!
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2015
akoaki:

Please to whom can i report in ogun state?

P

Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA), but I don't have their contact details.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by akoaki(m): 6:42am On Jun 06, 2015
This is an area where our government and the people are failing. While most people are ignorant of the dangers posed by noise pollution, the government is afraid to confront the menace. I raised a petition on change.org to call the attention of our authorities to this malady but Nigerians refused to sign the petition. This monster will destroy the health and peace of our people if something definite is not done as soon as possible.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2015
akoaki:
This is an area where our government and the people are failing. While most people are ignorant of the dangers posed by noise pollution, the government is afraid to confront the menace. I raised a petition on change.org to call the attention of our authorities to this malady but Nigerians refused to sign the petition. This monster will destroy the health and peace of our people if something definite is not done as soon as possible.

Actually, LASEPA has (since 2010) shut down many churches, mosques, nightclubs, music shops, factories and electricity generators because of noise pollution.

Citizens have also taken action. There was the case of a woman that sued Redeemed Church a few years ago and I know a particular street in Anthony Village where the residents association banned mosques, churches and dogs because of this problem.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Pavore9: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2015
l personalty saw to one moving out from my neighbourhood, l codedly harassed the owner of the property and he was forced to give them quit notice! They have right to worship but l have a greater right to peaceful night rest! angry
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Lagos State shuts down Lord's Chosen, 6 other churches because of noise pollution (2012 thread).

https://www.nairaland.com/876166/lagos-shuts-down-lords-chosen
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Pavore9: 6:54am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

lt is no Christianity but bunch of noise-makers who do not recognize the charity in letting others enjoy a peaceful ambience!
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by akoaki(m): 6:55am On Jun 06, 2015
omenka:
Rotf. gringrin

Sorry I'm laughing bro. cheesy

Honestly, I feel your pains. It is such a pity we situate religious houses within residential areas in this country. The disturbance on gets either from the sound system in churches or the public address system in mosques could make a sane guy almost go mad, especially when one desperately needs peace and quiet. This is why I would never live in a place close to any of these two structures no matter how cheap they may be.

I wonder what our urban planning laws say about this. If there isn't any legislation prohibiting the erection of such religious centres in the middle of residential areas, I really think it is time we had some egghead within the National Assembly take up such.

The problem with such move is that, being as sentimental as we are in this country in matters of religion, one could easily be seen as anti Christian or anti Islam, and none of us wanna be so tagged. We could boast of the highest number of Churches per square kilometre in the world yet we are one of the most morally bankrupt people in the world.

God help you bro. smiley

Noise pollution is a societal vice that is capable of destroying lives but the advantages of confronting it far outweighs the negative reactions from the adherents. For the general good of the people, pollution of all forms must be legislated against and such laws must be strictly enforced.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by omenka(m): 7:03am On Jun 06, 2015
akoaki:

Noise pollution is a societal vice that is capable of destroying lives and the advantages of confronting it far outweighs the negative reactions from the adherents. For the general good of the people, pollution of all forms must be legislated against and such laws must be strictly enforced.
I strongly believe such laws already exist in some states, but enforcement, like most other laws in this country, has always been our problem.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by akoaki(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2015
Pavore9:
l personalty saw to one moving out from my neighbourhood, l codedly harassed the owner of the property and he was forced to give them quit notice! They have right to worship but l have a greater right to peaceful night rest! angry
Right to worship, yes. Right to violate the peace of others, NO.
We must begin to explain these terms to enlighten the ignorant. The last thing most nigerians care about is their health and this may explain the reason for the low life expectancy in the society.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

Mine is double barrel.

opposite the building I stay is a Mosque...

I think government should bring a stringent rules against commiting nuisance in the name of religion especially the churches
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2015
79 year old lady sues Redeemed Church for noise pollution. (2013 thread)

https://www.nairaland.com/1171114/79-year-old-lady-sues-redeemed-church
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Pavore9: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2015
akoaki:

Right to worship, yes. Right to violate the peace of others, NO.
We must begin to explain these terms to enlighten the ignorant. The last thing most nigerians care about is their health and this may explain the reason for the low life expectancy in the society.

l do not tolerate such nonsense though many are reluctant to be frontal in other to avoid being tagged as a witch/wizard who is uncomfortable with religious activities! People's rights needs to be respected and l tell you a quiet environment is therapeutic.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Lagos shuts churches, mosque over noise pollution (2015 thread).

https://www.nairaland.com/2286013/lagos-state-shuts-down-churches
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by otokx(m): 7:21am On Jun 06, 2015
Its a terrible thing.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2015
The noise limit in Lagos is 55 decibels during the day and 45 decibels during the night in residential areas and 90 decibels during the day and 80 decibels at night in industrial areas.

The Lagos State Governor had a meeting with religious organisations c2012 and it was agreed that the religious organisations would remove all external speakers and where possible, make their auditoriums soundproof.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by naptu2: 7:31am On Jun 06, 2015
tiwaz:
The Commissioner for Environment, Lagos State, Mr. Tunji Bello and the General Manager of the Lagos State Environment Protection, LASEPA, Mr Ademola Shabi yesterday in Alausa disclosed that, the State Government shutdown 24 religious houses in year 2014. According to them, the State Government received over 1000 petitions, but 24 has been shut down so far, while most of the religious houses have relocated.

The commissioner also said religious outfits contribute 50% of the noise pollution in the State, and they are working towards shutting down more.

www.pijangonews.com/2015/04/the-commissioner-for-environment-lagos.html
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by Humorclux: 7:32am On Jun 06, 2015
Haters gon hate.
A proud christain

Thos muslims own too much, dem just dey disturb person every early morning with their loud propaganda Speakers.

The wedding ceremony of Abubakar Shekau, is going down :
Read more @ www.humorclux.ml/featured/this-is-how-shakaus-marriage-gon-be/
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by seunlayi(m): 7:46am On Jun 06, 2015
they have forgotten that there is need for moderation

1 Like

Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by stinggy(m): 8:04am On Jun 06, 2015
lorddubic:

The idiots just behind my house had an all-night, was unable to sleep well too.

Well, I'm planning to make official complaints/report to the necessary authorities. If they like let them tag me anti-christ undecided undecided

Pls do same, it's the least we can do for our country and stop the madness.
Re: Churches And Their Disturbance by owobokiri(m): 8:05am On Jun 06, 2015
Somebody will wake up as early as 4:30' , then he takes a big louspeaker and walks down to your window and starts yelling and cursing and telling you how you will roast endlessly in hell. . One day I will pour hot water on somebody.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State. / Why We Are Leaving Jonathan And Dickson In PDP - Kinsmen / Nnamdi Kanu & Dasuki:lawyer Disowns Buhari, Accuses Him Of High Treason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.