Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club (7346 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Spotted Wearing Louis Vuitton & Gucci Jacket Worth Millions. Pics / Origin Of A White Man By Hon. Minister Louis Farrakhan / WATCH: Louis Farrakhan Defends Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by Shymm3x: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
@PabloAfricanus

I agree with some of your points. However, it seems you're avoiding white privilege/supremacy and institutionalised racism. Also, you haven't touched on the systematic way in which white imperialism underdeveloped Africa...and the generational effects of colonialism/slavery on black people.

You can't really separate the effects of African people's dark history from who they're today. Then when you look at the African school system, which is more or less the colonial, with lack of history - and the mentality of the people, it's somewhat difficult to separate the two. You have folks with no sense of history who are educated from birth to feel inferior - the psychological effect is what's being played out on the continent. George Orwell said, "Who controls the present controls the past controls the past controls the future." And when folks dwell in a past, written by their conquerors, how do you expect them to have a future? The effects are evident everywhere, hence while other races of people are thinking big and innovating ground-breaking projects, African people are comfortable with being appendages to other people, and they have to be spoon-fed like kids all the time. And that's the reason why we're always perpetually celebrating mediocrity and lack of achievement.

Then when you look at the harm foreign religions have done to the psyche of the people...you'll see that it's bigger than us. And you have got folks worshipping the images of other people. Anyway, I'll leave you with a quote from Dr. Leonard Jeffries: "Whoever controls the images, controls your self-esteem, self-respect and self-development. Whoever controls the history, controls the vision."

1 Like

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by PabloAfricanus(m): 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
gatiano:
NOI is not under any white control, Nigeria and most countries of Africa are the subsidiaries of the British and American corporation.

You have not even scratched the surface. Like i said, what most black people want is integration. and It won't happen. They are best to get into their own.

Its either I dont get what you're talking about or you are discussing something entirely different from the thread.
Sorry bro...no offence or intention to insult...but this topic is way beyond you.
I will reply when you address the topic of discussion.
Cheers.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:02am On Jun 12, 2015
Shymm3x:
@PabloAfricanus

I agree with some of your points. However, it seems you're avoiding white privilege/supremacy and institutionalised racism. Also, you haven't touched on the systematic way in which white imperialism underdeveloped Africa...and the generational effects of colonialism/slavery on black people.

You can't really separate the effects of African people's dark history from who they're today. Then when you look at the African school system, which is more or less the colonial, with lack of history - and the mentality of the people, it's somewhat difficult to separate the two. You have folks with no sense of history who are educated from birth to feel inferior - the psychological effect is what's being played out on the continent. George Orwell said, "Who controls the present controls the past controls the past controls the future." And when folks dwell in a past, written by their conquerors, how do you expect them to have a future? The effects are evident everywhere, hence while other races of people are thinking big and innovating ground-breaking projects, African people are comfortable with being appendages to other people, and they have to be spoon-fed like kids all the time. And that's the reason why we're always perpetually celebrating mediocrity and lack of achievement.

Then when you look at the harm foreign religions have done to the psyche of the people...you'll see that it's bigger than us. And you have got folks worshipping the images of other people. Anyway, I'll leave you with a quote from Dr. Leonard Jeffries: "Whoever controls the images, controls your self-esteem, self-respect and self-development. Whoever controls the history, controls the vision."

On the contrary, I think emphasizing the sordid history of white colonialism in Africa is just a big pity party.
The only requirement IMO is NEVER TO FORGET...the history should never be lost.
Our present and future generations should learn that history as a justification for their relentless vigilance.
That the white man took advantage of our ignorance and weakness, exploited our lands and labour, enslaved us
and generally did so many bad things to us is true. Now that we all agree to that...then what?
So do you want to do something about it?
Are you satisfied with the outcomes of all that has transpired in the past?
Who will give you a redress if you decide to claim damages?
Who will give you justice?
What are you going to do when next the big bully comes around?

The horror of the Belgian Congo colonialization will never be fully known to those who never witnessed it.
And mind you the brutality and inhumanity of the whites were carried out not only in Africa.
Google "holomodor" to read about the starvation of the Ukrainians by the Soviets.
Google the "great famine" in India of 1876-1878 where 6.3 million died. Find out how many Indians were
enslaved and forcefully taken to foreign lands as "indentured slaves".
These were a people who had it all...empires, armies, sciences, learning, far older culture and civilization than the whites.
Yet they were subjugated.
The ugly truth is that the whites had spent more time and resources acquiring the needed knowledge
and technology to exploit and rule the world.
You can either challenge them successfully or fall in line.

My point?
History does not issue apologies.
You have to get up and get justice, freedom or what ever it is that you want.
No matter how long we gloat and hate the whites, the past will never be rectified.
The exile of Ovamronwen to Calabar will never be corrected.
The forced abdication of all our chiefs and kings will never be corrected.
All the wrongs and ills of the past are what they are.
So no need to live in the past, it is the lessons from the past that count.
It is the present that we must deal with and plan unemotionally for the future.

I call on you to realize you have the power within you to DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.
Realize you can conceptualize and materialize any venture-whether political,scientific or economic.
You do not NEED THE APPROVAL OR SUPPORT of the WHITE MAN.
The great challenge is to be strong enough to do what you want to do.
Are you strong enough? Or do you want to continue pointing fingers while masking your inability to challenge incursions on
your liberty and freedom?

Finally IMO,All the black people need to do...is to AGREE ON WHAT THEY WANT, and map out a flexible strategy for accomplishing that.
That is the solution I am convinced will work...with the knowledge I have now.

My opinions.

1 Like

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 1:08am On Jun 12, 2015
You all bring up good points... which all points to Biafra right now.

Sensation aside, do you think dissatisfied Igbos and others are forever confined to demarcations defined by British colonization, with any secessionist advocacy being considered provocation and treason? I feel some conviction that a Free Biafra movement is really none of my business, but this could be another defining moment in West African history like the Biafran War was, brokering images of casualties into the world's psyche. We could take action and apply pressure to our local leaders on how they should yield their support in response to the incensed activities taking place so this could end well.

Biafra has everything to do with proposition and theories you all have mentioned. Maybe white daddy has to step in to handle this, if it goes there. wink undecided undecided angry it only takes a few people to push it there.

or maybe I could be inflating Biafra as a bigger issue than it is; binge listening to Radio Biafra.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 12, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2015
Sowell25:
please listen to what i'm about to tell you. I know that your mind is neutral .

I am Oronian and I think every tribe/nation should be autonomous . and perhaps they can trade with each other and have a joint military cooperation for defence.
Can you believe that Oron nation produces 90percent of Akwa Ibom's revenue and 45 percent of Nigeria's revenue,yet there's nothing there due to neglect and marginalization. Not only does Oron generate 90percent of akwa ibom's wealth.Oron territory also happen to possess 80percent of the other numerous resources found in the akwa ibom/cross river region. Oron is at a strategic location. Oron nation is one of the wealthiest nation in the world if it were autonomous. Oronians are some of the most beautiful, strong and intelligent people.
the resources are as follows:natural gas,Rubber,Lead,Bauxite,Iron,Silver,Copper,limestone,seafood,Timber. ( Priority - Industries) (misplaced Priority - inflated ,unsustainable ,white elephant projects which will decay within 10yrs.)
Oron has a natural deep harbor for seaport at James Town aka Ibaka,but due to tribalism and corruption,there's nothing there. Maritime Academy at Oron is supposed to be upgraded to university with modern edifice,but due to tribalism and corruption there's nothing there.
the Oron museum has been neglected,despite the Oron artifacts and sculptures thought to be some of the most beautiful in africa . in fact,there are some Oron Artifacts at Philadelphia museum and London museum. meanwhile,the white elephant ibibio museum at uyo is empty because ibibios have no artifacts.In fact,all they have more than Oron is overpopulation of poverty ,housemaids,etc. most Oronians regard Ibibio as Inferior since ancient times.
Oron's potential and greatness has been undermined and obscured being in akwa ibom and Nigeria at large. Oron nation is twice larger than Singapore. Oron is currently working on secession from Akwa Ibom.Buhari will make that happen.
you just can't merge Sweden,Norway,Finland and Denmark as one nation,and then accuse each other of being tribal or nationalistic. you can't merge japan,Singapore ,china and korea as one country.it's just not going to work. those are tribes/nations with familial history and bond.
any pan african who truly wants africa to be a better place should support autonomy for all tribes/nations. the fictitious,corrupt colonial experiment will ensure that Africa remain in perpetual bondage. Nations should only merge voluntarily at their own accord. there'll be no tribalism if every tribe/nation becomes autonomous. Tribalism is just a defense mechanism to survive in a ficticious, colonial jungle like Nigeria and other european colonies.
The final solution is a referendum.And i can assure you with everything I am that 150 % over 100 % of Oronians would vote for Oron autonomy. the overflowed 50percent are wellwishers and deceased Oronians who came back to life and voted Oron autonomy.
thanks man,

Three issues you help question; rite of autonomy, tribal caste system, and resource/economic management.

We are prideful people and Africans particularly have much pride linked to their respective tribe and culture. Is the world forced to redraw colonial lines every time there exists a schism among once amicable tribes? Should West Africa be the home of 100 or more micronations, the black master plan in renunciating imperialism?

Tribalism remains, so how do you handle superiority complexes among neighboring nations? You mentioned joint military efforts, an UN for Africa, or were you suggesting a smaller, more regional approach?

Open trade could fluently be implemented.

I would strongly advocate a more astute approach to issues Biafra is currently resolute in addressing (for many).
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by Curlieweed: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sowell25:
please listen to what i'm about to tell you. I know that your mind is neutral .

I am Oronian and I think every tribe/nation should be autonomous . and perhaps they can trade with each other and have a joint military cooperation for defence.
Can you believe that Oron nation produces 90percent of Akwa Ibom's revenue and 45 percent of Nigeria's revenue,yet there's nothing there due to neglect and marginalization. Not only does Oron generate 90percent of akwa ibom's wealth.Oron territory also happen to possess 80percent of the other numerous resources found in the akwa ibom/cross river region. Oron is at a strategic location. Oron nation is one of the wealthiest nation in the world if it were autonomous. Oronians are some of the most beautiful, strong and intelligent people.
the resources are as follows:natural gas,Rubber,Lead,Bauxite,Iron,Silver,Copper,limestone,seafood,Timber. ( Priority - Industries) (misplaced Priority - inflated ,unsustainable ,white elephant projects which will decay within 10yrs.)
Oron has a natural deep harbor for seaport at James Town aka Ibaka,but due to tribalism and corruption,there's nothing there. Maritime Academy at Oron is supposed to be upgraded to university with modern edifice,but due to tribalism and corruption there's nothing there.
the Oron museum has been neglected,despite the Oron artifacts and sculptures thought to be some of the most beautiful in africa . in fact,there are some Oron Artifacts at Philadelphia museum and London museum. meanwhile,the white elephant ibibio museum at uyo is empty because ibibios have no artifacts.In fact,all they have more than Oron is overpopulation of poverty ,housemaids,etc. most Oronians regard Ibibio as Inferior since ancient times.
Oron's potential and greatness has been undermined and obscured being in akwa ibom and Nigeria at large. Oron nation is twice larger than Singapore. Oron is currently working on secession from Akwa Ibom.Buhari will make that happen.
you just can't merge Sweden,Norway,Finland and Denmark as one nation,and then accuse each other of being tribal or nationalistic. you can't merge japan,Singapore ,china and korea as one country.it's just not going to work. those are tribes/nations with familial history and bond.
any pan african who truly wants africa to be a better place should support autonomy for all tribes/nations. the fictitious,corrupt colonial experiment will ensure that Africa remain in perpetual bondage. Nations should only merge voluntarily at their own accord. there'll be no tribalism if every tribe/nation becomes autonomous. Tribalism is just a defense mechanism to survive in a ficticious, colonial jungle like Nigeria and other european colonies.

The final solution is a referendum.And i can assure you with everything I am that 150 % over 100 % of Oronians would vote for Oron autonomy. the overflowed 50percent are wellwishers and deceased Oronians who came back to life and voted Oron autonomy.

Bro,

Thanks for the very intelligent and honest presentation. You're especially right about the so called "tribalism" being a "defence mechanism". That's why I think most of these ethnic warlords on these boards are such idiots. We are all victims here. All the fighting and back biting are unnecessary.

However, I don't agree with your text about regarding your Ibibio brethren as inferior. That's plain wrong. You' may be different but you can't say they are inferior.

One love
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by thoth: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Africans really have a long way to go. How is Biafra the Answer ? How is the Oron Nation the answer ?

all black Africa is backwards, the problem is psychological and i stand with Pabloafricanus on this, I have always repeated those same points he made above all over Nairaland but it seems all that blacks care about is to show off ,point fingers and blame someone for their issues, this is what they have been doing for more than 50 years now.
For the pro Biafra guy, how does Biafra solve the problem for you ? you scream marginalization all the time can you tell me how you were marginalized and who marginalizes you ? Is your governor not given his states allocation promptly and fully ? What stops you from making sure your Biafran leaders does not loot all the monies allocated for your development ? Did the Federal government decree against pipe borne water in your state ? Or against bad roads, or again the state providing decent affordable housing for the hardworking citizens ? You can't show evidence of any progressive direction how do you hope to magically effect progress when you have your Biafra ? What ideology does your Biafrans project ? Who will be the vanguard of these Biafra you are looking for ? Those kleptomaniacs you call governors and politicians ? Your inherently corrupt,inept and visionless Ohaneze ? Or the looting, illiterate, cultist thugs that goes by MASSOB ?
I am from Anambra, Idemili North to be precise, I own four large factories producing goods for exports since 2004 in Aba, i was at Aba last Wednesday and the manager was telling me how the state government thugs, local government thugs are always extorting from them , a government that provides no water, i have been generating my own electricity for the factories since 2004, very bad roads, no security, that same government wants me to pay tax so that he could buy his girlfriend a new car, is that the people you want me to trust with your silly Biafra ?
Whenever my containers comes in at Onitsha you will see the Criminal MASSOBS all over demanding settlement, they'd carry axes,knives and pistols, is that the Biafra you want ? I am planning to ambush them during the next offload with soldiers so that they all will be executed ok ?
I was born and raised in Toulouse,i studied in France and Germany, but my parents always encouraged us to embrace our igbo heritage, to invest in igboland only, to marry igbo, we spoke igbo at home, i even join the masquerade though at a late age of 13. We were always told the stories of the civil war with large photo collections and numerous video documentaries.
when i first heard of MASSOB in Onitsha in 2007 i was very excited as i always do with anything Biafran, i rallied with them with my sons, i donated a couple of millions so that we can print free ID cards and Biafran flags to give to the people, i helped through my contacts and we arranged free eye glasses, medical checkups while giving uplifting speeches and guidelines to the people, we arranged cleanups with the slogan " Biafra shall be rise again" remember ? Those days Dr Udealor were telling people how they should start showing their Biafraness by ACTION and coming out and keeping neighborhood clean, people were coming downstairs joining in the cleanup , the atmosphere was really electrifying and i was happy. I left Nigeria in November 2007 came back again in 2012 to saw a MASSOB that is a terror to igboland itself, all those intellectuals that i rallied with does not even want to be associated with Biafra anymore, they abhor Biafra and i do so at the moment. They swore to sabotage that actualization as long as these thugs,kidnappers and looters are at the helm of things, all they(MASSOB) want is a piece of Nigeria they can terrorize,extort and exploit, another failed state even before creation.
My wife wants me to close down most of my factories in igboland and move it to Vietnam, she owns a factory that makes berrets,hats and gloves in Vietnam which she sells in France and Belgium since 2010, she is from Uruagu Nnewi with assumed links on her paternal side to the Ojukwu family . Now what do you have to say about that ?
@ AAinEqGuinea
Sowell25.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
thoth:
Africans really have a long way to go. How is Biafra the Answer ? How is the Oron Nation the answer ?

all black Africa is backwards, the problem is psychological and i stand with Pabloafricanus on this, I have always repeated those same points he made above all over Nairaland but it seems all that blacks care about is to show off ,point fingers and blame someone for their issues, this is what they have been doing for more than 50 years now.
For the pro Biafra guy, how does Biafra solve the problem for you ? you scream marginalization all the time can you tell me how you were marginalized and who marginalizes you ? Is your governor not given his states allocation promptly and fully ? What stops you from making sure your Biafran leaders does not loot all the monies allocated for your development ? Did the Federal government decree against pipe borne water in your state ? Or against bad roads, or again the state providing decent affordable housing for the hardworking citizens ? You can't show evidence of any progressive direction how do you hope to magically effect progress when you have your Biafra ? What ideology does your Biafrans project ? Who will be the vanguard of these Biafra you are looking for ? Those kleptomaniacs you call governors and politicians ? Your inherently corrupt,inept and visionless Ohaneze ? Or the looting, illiterate, cultist thugs that goes by MASSOB ?
I am from Anambra, Idemili North to be precise, I own four large factories producing goods for exports since 2004 in Aba, i was at Aba last Wednesday and the manager was telling me how the state government thugs, local government thugs are always extorting from them , a government that provides no water, i have been generating my own electricity for the factories since 2004, very bad roads, no security, that same government wants me to pay tax so that he could buy his girlfriend a new car, is that the people you want me to trust with your silly Biafra ?
Whenever my containers comes in at Onitsha you will see the Criminal MASSOBS all over demanding settlement, they'd carry axes,knives and pistols, is that the Biafra you want ? I am planning to ambush them during the next offload with soldiers so that they all will be executed ok ?
I was born and raised in Toulouse,i studied in France and Germany, but my parents always encouraged us to embrace our igbo heritage, to invest in igboland only, to marry igbo, we spoke igbo at home, i even join the masquerade though at a late age of 13. We were always told the stories of the civil war with large photo collections and numerous video documentaries.
when i first heard of MASSOB in Onitsha in 2007 i was very excited as i always do with anything Biafran, i rallied with them with my sons, i donated a couple of millions so that we can print free ID cards and Biafran flags to give to the people, i helped through my contacts and we arranged free eye glasses, medical checkups while giving uplifting speeches and guidelines to the people, we arranged cleanups with the slogan " Biafra shall be rise again" remember ? Those days Dr Udealor were telling people how they should start showing their Biafraness by ACTION and coming out and keeping neighborhood clean, people were coming downstairs joining in the cleanup , the atmosphere was really electrifying and i was happy. I left Nigeria in November 2007 came back again in 2012 to saw a MASSOB that is a terror to igboland itself, all those intellectuals that i rallied with does not even want to be associated with Biafra anymore, they abhor Biafra and i do so at the moment. They swore to sabotage that actualization as long as these thugs,kidnappers and looters are at the helm of things, all they(MASSOB) want is a piece of Nigeria they can terrorize,extort and exploit, another failed state even before creation.
My wife wants me to close down most of my factories in igboland and move it to Vietnam, she owns a factory that makes berrets,hats and gloves in Vietnam which she sells in France and Belgium since 2010, she is from Uruagu Nnewi with assumed links on her paternal side to the Ojukwu family . Now what do you have to say about that ?
@ AAinEqGuinea
Sowell25.

Thank man.

I really dont know how a Biafra secession would look like but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they can succeed with time if they tried. There may be bad people there but I refuse to believe that all is bad. I don't think Buhari has been in office long enough for there to be any verdict, but I can't force people to concede with the @bold you mentioned above. From what I gather, Biafrans have had enough of the same political shakedowns and extortion, the crime, the murders.... I'm assuming everything that purportedly took a turn for the worse after 2007 when you left Nigeria, Biafrans had enough as well.

We can all agree how imperialism destroyed Africa on psychological and economic levels so when Biafra is gesturing again to break from their colonial lines, pan-African subscribers, on this premise alone, have to practice what we preach and support them. That's just the beginning... what happens to those who already have lucrative businesses in the colonized state? How far-reaching will the damage have to be to build Biafra? there's the other question I bring up above. Thats why I'm here, smart people are here.

Ultimately I refuse to let a realist and defeatists' attitude defeat what I believe in. For me, Farrakhan and I agree on rebuilding and supporting a black economy in America. I hope he sees the challenges. I hope he sees the challenges you and plenty others are facing in Nigeria on what an "all black" anything looks like, realizing that not blacks around you will want to see you thrive, some are brute perverts, but all of them are full of excuses of why they're messed up. Here in the US plenty Blacks patronize white businesses before even considering our black ones, while black businesses are often dirty as héll so I can't blame blacks who dont patronize them. Indians own most if not all local businesses in many black communities. Thats a reality that forces me to build harder and smarter. I wish I could secede from these black fools who claim slavery and Willie lynch got the best of them, now they're on a mission to destroy everything around them, except white businesses and places. Sounds similar to your environment.

Biafra gives me some hope, but not if it recreates the war environment.

By the way, best of luck with your businesses.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by gatiano(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by igbo2011(m): 8:04am On Jun 15, 2015
thoth:
@Shymm3x

Being a Superpower is a psychological phenomena in the sense that it must start from the mind and effect itself on the outside, it will live in the mind and can only be sustained in the mind,all you see on the outside are just the outcome of what's on the mind,and a lot of African nation has the capacity to be a superpower, both the population(Nigerian 170 mil) the brains,the resources, the manpower to actualize that which their minds has conceived.
I know being out there in the western world and seeing how far they've gone one might think from our present situation it would be unthinkable to surpass them in less than two decades but it more than possible and in fact will be the case only if Africans can get a few things straight.
Back to the topic, there are many ways one can observe the global state of the Blackman but the resounding truth leads you back to a black super power as the answer, if i am permitted to use Nigeria as a test case …… Black Consciousness is important to the blacks in diaspora but what will it get them there , to answer this one must go back to the root, why the need of Black Consciousness ? What logic or reason does our supposed racist has against the Blackman ? How does he validate it ? How does he sustain for so long ? Are we trying to prove that we are humans?(imagine how irrational this is)
let's answer, the root is that other races believe that blacks are subhumans and incapable of possessing many necessary human qualities.
the need for Black awareness i suppose is not to fight racism but to educate the blacks on how to conduct themselves, to reject the racist depiction of the Blackman by doing things the right way in order to PROVE by evidence that they are humans and do possess same if not better qualities than their detractors.
so what reason does the racist has against the Blackman ? He asserts that the Blackman is not capable of civilized conduct, he points to the black communities as evidence and points to Africa as VALIDATION of his claims.
how does he validate and sustain this stance ? He keeps pointing to Africa as a reference, he makes sure Africa is in a mess, and he uses the media to keep showing Africa as a jungle, a huge ghetto, he hardly mentions a single nations name when relevant topics are discussed instead he just says Africa, when he talks about horrible things he never says AIDS is killing people in Uganda rather he says Africa, he does adverts, shows beautiful cities of Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, then shows some jungle and says Africa , he validates himself by showing the younger generation of his race that you can trample on the black race and go free, he reduces their worth over and over just by referencing Africa. Whites say something like anywhere you throw blacks together it will just get messed up,they mention the black community they want to verbally attack first then the next thing you hear is Africa.
Now on the importance and the role of the Black superpower, if an active Black Consciousness movement starts out in Nigeria and Nigerians became aware of their stand outside Nigeria, they would be ashamed cus when they want to chant Black Power and look around they will ser the filth they live in and they will be forced to make progress, the anger that comes from such realization is what Africa needs, The anger that fuels the need to be better than our enemies in order to prove a point, the anger that force one to think above himself and think for the group. That's what Black consciousness does, it forces to be a superpower so that you be proud and show that Black power.it forces you to hate with passion those that has sold out as i witness you and cap28 doing above, imagine millions of Nigerians infected with such awareness and passion, imagine how the meaning of politics will be changed from where "we go to loot" to "the sacred path to salvation" , imagine the anger and the reaction of Nigerians if they ever hear that a white policeman shot a unarmed Blackman, it will be catastrophic for that country if they ever had business with Nigeria or any country under Nigeria's sphere of influence and they are bold enough to give the kind of verdict they do these days on white on black violence. Black consciousness automatically creates an intelligentsia in any black society and with time such conduct become part of the society, A black superpower would end racism within the shortest timeframe. A black superpower is the only potent medicine against neocolonialism, had Nigeria been led by Black Conscious leaders who know their history, with that "anger" in them, do you think any non African nation can fly it's planes over Libya ? Just a simple warning is enough.
when Blackman has a Strongman behind him his voice will be strong, when he has a place to compare to the enemies he will have pride, when he takes control of his nations he will have power.
A black Iranian said something some years ago to me during one of our discussions, he said Africa has more power over Europe than any other continent, assuming we are Black Conscious, and some silly nation messes with us, we can play with his economy all we want, cause catastrophic job losses and the riots that follows it by just withholding vital materials to their industry, raising or lowering prices and dictating the market, infact a Conscious Black Africa becomes Europe's king maker, look at Europe and tell me what they really have, almost nothing, at least not enough to make them live comfortably as Gambia, They can't suck up to Russia and they can't fight him either.
All those years of Anger,Marches,talks and protests by African Americans and British Americans what can they achieve ? They will still ask those whites for handouts, they don't own anything, they can't dictate anything, they can't influence anything, they are just asking for mercy…now you can't say this for continental Africa, we own our lands and whats inside it,we can dictate a lot,we can influence a lot and we sure are not asking for mercy.
Finally keep in mind that most of the freedoms the African Americans enjoyed were a direct result of the Communist Threat and the Agitations for independence in colonial Africa.

Dr. Chinwizu Ibekwe talks about this all the time.

http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48

http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/new/doc/Requie_for_a_Revolution_Chinweizu_s_response_F_%20BPPA_5.pdf

http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/new/doc/Marcus_Garvey_and_Black_Power_1_6.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmu_F92nB4U
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by thoth: 8:29am On Jun 15, 2015
The Ideology/stance is known as Neo-Garveyism, i think he is the one that gave it that name(not sure).
Reading him and other proponents of the doctrine i won't say it's entirely Garveynist per se but a refined form of it;with the main focus being Having a superpower nation/s that will protect,guide,unite and assist the upcoming black nations or groups(in nations where blacks are a minority) , Fostering Black centered education suited for the blacks development and black role models which younger blacks will try to emulate thereby riding the black society of most ills through ideological indoctrination(nurture as opposed to extermination) .
I as an African would like to see the doctrine developed and made robust in a way it can be utilized, taught and implemented. Though attractive and reasonable it's not complete yet, for example it does not answer the question Religion in Africa, nor the African identity. Mind you most of his works are concerned with black Africans.
igbo2011:

Dr. Chinwizu Ibekwe talks about this all the time.

http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48

http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/new/doc/Requie_for_a_Revolution_Chinweizu_s_response_F_%20BPPA_5.pdf

http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/new/doc/Marcus_Garvey_and_Black_Power_1_6.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmu_F92nB4U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 17, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sowell25:

I support autonomy for every tribe/nation.They can then trade with each other and have a joint military for defense. The reason why you feel negatively about Igbo nation is because the igbo nation is very disenfranchised right now and aren't very motivated nor have a vivid sense of identity to get their act together at this time. They don't have real freedom to exert their greatness and identity. Poverty and lack of Identity breeds all of the vices you listed above. I believe for instance that if Oron or let's say Ijaw nation were to develop into a first world nation,that would motivate the next nation to step up and develop.
Th politicians are corrupt and disloyal because their obligation is to a fictitious corrupt entity.
let's assume you merge (China+Japan+Singapore+ South Korea+Taiwan)= Thotland. The Japanese would be corrupt third world because their identity is now Thotlanders . The great Japanese history would be obscured in Thotland .If Japan invents Toyota,the credit goes to Thotland. In fact ,it's pointless even trying because we're all in this third world shithole together. Everything japan Invents keeps going to thotland instead of Japan. there's simply no sense of natural identity, pride and evolution. If Chinese gets involved in scam,the blame goes to all Thotlanders. I am sure the Chinese individual would have been more scrupulous if the blame would be on china instead of Thotland. In Addition,the nations contained in Thotland have internal power and otherwise secret knowledge of each other to sabotage each other due to every nation's inherent superiority complex . [Chinese (Igbo) or Singapore ( Urhobo) have no prospect of becoming president in your Thotland] [ The Thotland President (South Korean ) does not feel motivated to defend Taiwan's Territory (Oron's Bakassi)

Finally,If all African Tribes/nations develop,then I foresee a voluntary merger in the future. In fact ,the entire west Africa can become a country if every nation contained within are autonomous and have a sense of freedom. It doesn't matter how many tribes/nation there would be. There's nothing more empowering than a sense of Identity and common goal. Nigeria is just a corrupt colonial experiment/disaster which will always be third world. I can never be proud of Nigeria. I am proud of Oron nation.you see,I designed the Oron flag which will be introduced soon by international press conference . It's a modern identification instead of just red hats. I know where i'm coming from and I ,as the future ancestor of Oron nation ; know how I want Oron to evolve . I feel very proud about that. I feel a sense of involvement ,self awareness and pride when I look at the Oron artifacts and sculptures. If my ancestors were that creative,it motivates me even more to want to leave my own legacy on my future Oron generations.
I want Oron to build an observation tower (the Oron Tower)which will be tallest structure in Africa.I want a landmark bridge that will stand the test of time like the golden gate bridge. Every tribe/nation also have the liberty to dream their dream and progress while treasuring valuable collection of archives

So you're for the idea of African micronations, with possible annexations. What happens when one nation feels "dominated", envied, or marginalized or simply unhappy and unsatisfied with their tribal compatriots 10, 50, or 100 years later?

Put simply, we'll be forced to redraw maps everytime black men have conflicts (which is often). Do we think Igbos will be the only and last unhappy tribe singing independence?
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by thoth: 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
@Sowell25
Many of us share similar beliefs as you do and also similar expectations. i sincerely believe that if African nations were to be allowed to take their natural form things would be different. The purpose of my post above is not to discourage Africans regaining their true identity as per nation before colonization rather i was trying to point out factors which hinder such aspirations and in some ways makes the status quo preferable.

If you are cognizant on geopolitics you would see how dangerous such attempts would be in our situation, in fact it would be akin to national suicide. The imperialists ,those who deliberately left us in this confused state will be extremely happy if Nigeria were to divide in this state.let me explain, Biafra is corrupt, there is no single ideology guiding the people or proposed to guide the new nation.imperialists have understood the dangers of big African nations like Nigeria since the ECOMOG's Liberia and Sierra Leon experience so they prefer a small corrupt African nations that they can bully at will.
Biafra at the present fits the above specifications,small ,confused, extremely corrupt and enough neighbouring enemies to use in bullying him into submission
Mind you when i say Biafra is small i don't mean that it's not big enough to be a nation, actually it's bigger than most European nations, rather i meant small enough to be bullied by Africa's historical enemies.
My point simply is not that one should not aspire for self determination but that we should be prepared for self determination and clearly we are not.
If we cannot even force our state governors, senators, local government chairman to be honest how can we cope as a nation ? With supposed ex governors, senators and leaders now feeling like gods in the new nation,it will be Nigeria all over again or even worse.
It's not me being anti self-determination, it's just me being a careful pro self-determination.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by thoth: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
His meant that ALL tribes should go back to being sovereign nations just like they were before the useless colonists came over. It's likely that tere will be some puppet nations instructed by external interest to make trouble, such opportunities would be small if there exist an ideology clear ideology guiding most nations involved.
AAinEqGuinea:

So you're for the idea of African micronations, with possible annexations. What happens when one nation feels "dominated", envied, or marginalized or simply unhappy and unsatisfied with their tribal compatriots 10, 50, or 100 years later?

Put simply, we'll be forced to redraw maps everytime black men have conflicts (which is often). Do we think Igbos will be the only and last unhappy tribe singing independence?
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=Sowell25 post=34869362][/quote]

The idea of micronations is acceptable to me. I'm more worried if micronation will help promote people and better development FOR AFRICA. Black people are "lovingly" different kinds of people than Asians or Europeans. The adage goes that Competition breeds Innovation but not always. Is this adage working for the screaming minorities within the ranks of Igbos? It's appears that jealousy, ego, and success has bred a complicated love affair between Nigeria and these Ibgos who proclaim that they're lifting everyone. There's no 'I' in country but there's an 'I' in Igbo. I could be wrong in my assessment, but the point is that these Igbos feel as if they've outgrown Nigeria, which, I'm guessing, the rhetoric and posturing wasn't always this intense between the times of the War and today. Nigeria is lucky to have seen this before. Secession movements similar to Biafra could grow exponentially with time for reasons similar to Biafra within micronations -- a match made in heaven turned marriage from héll.

I want to have faith in all nations as independent countries, but for now I'm watching Biafra and Nigeria, black people who I have faith are capable of settling this talk of division somehow without exasperating problems for the people.

there's the issue of currency and joint military venture, all of which I'm no expert in.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2015
thoth:
His meant that ALL tribes should go back to being sovereign nations just like they were before the useless colonists came over. It's likely that tere will be some puppet nations instructed by external interest to make trouble, such opportunities would be small if there exist an ideology clear ideology guiding most nations involved.

@bold also serves as the magic bullet to kill corruption. Blueprint this on a continental scale than you'll be forever respected.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 17, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by AAinEqGuinea: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sowell25:
I really can't speak for other nations in Nigeria or Africa, but I can speak for Oron. I am angry about the way things are right now . I have a vision .
Singapore was just a backwater forest tens of years ago. but just one mind (Lee Kuan Yew) changed Singapore forever. I know that a lot of Oronians feel pessimistic about Oron at this time because Oron's greatness has been obscured . there seems to be no hope . there's nothing in Oron at the moment .but that is at the moment . All I need is my mind .

I respect the parallels you draw.
Re: Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club by gatiano(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Osinbajo To Attend Abuja House Fair / Can Lake Chad Be Recharged - Fact Check / Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.