Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted (795 Views)

"Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / Aircraft Parked Along Oshodi-Anthony Expressway In Lagos. See Photos / Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted by notobs: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
An Aero Contractors Airline Flight 180 which took off from the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos and heading to Kaduna almost crashed yesterday, June 5, with 120 people onboard.
It was reported that the aircraft developed fault 20 minutes after departure as it experienced heavy vibration in the air for over one hour before it was eventually diverted to Abuja.
The Director of Muslim Rights Concern, Professor Ishaq Akintola, who was aboard the flight recounted the story to New Mail.
He said, “the plane lost altitude 20 minutes after take-off. We had to make use of the oxygen masks. We saw smoke outside the plane, probably coming from the engine compartment.
“At this time, the whole plane was thrown into commotion. Many passengers screamed and some fainted. Prayers upon prayers were offered. Some shouted Allah, others Jesus.”
Akintola said while the turbulence was going on, the crew announced that the plane would be diverted to Abuja.
He added, “While the pilot was making the announcement of the flight diversion, I noticed that his voice was trembling. He told us that Abuja was 120 miles away and that we would land in 25 minutes. But we were not sure we would make it.
“In fact, I quickly recited the Kalimah (the Quranic invocation of the oneness of Allah), believing that the end had come”
He said at about 9.00pm, the plane finally landed in Abuja and Aero officials told the shocked passengers that aircraft would be fixed hurriedly so that they could further their journey to Kaduna.
But Akintola said he refused to continue the trip on the same aircraft that almost crashed; rather he resulted to journey by road to his destination.
Akintola said, “As I am talking to you, I am now in a taxi taking me to Kaduna. They said they wanted to repair the plane and that we should wait so it takes us to Kaduna. Allah forbids. They asked how many of us wanted to disembark and almost everybody came out.”
The airline however released a statement confirming the incident.
It says, “Aero confirms that there was depressurisation in the aircraft cabin leading to the dropping of oxygen mask. And since Aero has a maintenance facility in Abuja, the flight to Kaduna was diverted to Abuja this evening to fix the problem.”

http://pulse.ng/local/aero-contractors-we-shouted-allah-jesus-passenger-recounts-averted-plane-crash-horror-id3834828.html?utm_campaign=art-aero-contractors-we-shouted-allah-jesus-passenger-recounts-averted-plane-crash-horror-2015-06-06&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook
Re: Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted by Papa12(m): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
No be small tin oo.... Thank God sha
Re: Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted by excellentmomma(f): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Thank God o, what a horrifying experience.
Re: Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted by 19naia(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Chai! Praying, fainting, crying and trembling people begging for mercy... shocked
Only god knows how many people soiled themselves as well... Last flight i was on with turbulence issues, i worried i would faint, but all passed well and i adjusted quickly, but that small time of panic seems like forever.
Re: Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted by tdayof(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
He added, “While the pilot was making the announcement of the flight diversion, I noticed that his voice was trembling. He told us that Abuja was 120 miles away and that we would land in 25 minutes. But we were not sure we would make it.
I doubt if the pilot voice was trembling. The fear of 25minutes the pilot mentioned made the person thinks so
Re: Aero Contractor Aircraft Develops Problems 20mins After Take Off! Crash Averted by TunjiMsp: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
I think the most Aero Con. Plane plying routes other Abuja are obsolete, FAAN should look into them b4 innocent live are lost. I remember my last trip from Asaba

(1) (Reply)

Trekking Tour In Nepal / Madiate Of A British Citizen / Applying For French Visa Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.