Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,922 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices (1508 Views)

How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / 4 Sim cards, 4 Active Standby Gsm Phone (works Simultaneously) @n9,999 / Connecting Laptop To The Mixer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by tRoOE(f): 12:29am On Feb 19, 2009
When I clicked on the volume control, I got a message saying there were no active mixer devices available.To install mixer devices, Go to Control Panel and Other Hardware, and then click ADD HARDWARE."
I've tried everything but no luck.

So can someone help me out ASAP!!!Thanks sad sad
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by Maleeq(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2009
Assumption:
your sound card has been correctly installed and you previously had no errors with the volume control.

While the error could be more severe, most times this errors comes up, it turns out the problem for this error lies in the Windows Audio Service, which usually starts automatically when the sound card is installed and working. However, in this case the service was turned off (manually or the service crashed).

Follow the instructions below to reactivate the Windows Audio service:
- Click START and then RUN
- Type in[b] "services.msc"[/b] and hit ENTER. This brings up the service control management window.
- In the list of services, scroll down to "Windows Audio" and double click it.
- Change the "Startup Type" to "Automatic" and click the "START" button. If its started already, stop and re-start it.
- Click on OK and close the service control management window.
- This should have fixed the volume control error.

Let me know if it works out for you.

Cheers!
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by tRoOE(f): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2009
Thanks Maleeq
I tried what you said but no luck and it becoming frustrating
Maybe the guy that formatted my system messed it up angry
Is there any other solution
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by Maleeq(m): 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2009
Now that you mentioned your system being formatted, it's probably the audio drivers that have not been installed.

Do you get any sound output? from any source?(Media player, start-up tone. . .)

To confirm the audio device installation:
- Click START and RUN
- Type in "devmgmt.cpl" and hit the ENTER key

In the listed devices, can you see any entry with an exclamation mark next to it? If yes, whats the device name.

If you can, let me have a screen shot of the device management dialog
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by tRoOE(f): 1:15am On Feb 20, 2009
I followed the instruction you gave me but it kept saying windows can not devmgmt.cpl" so i used the[b] help and [/b] support, everything seems fine in the device manager expect printer and webcam that has a yellow question mark
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by Maleeq(m): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2009
My bad. . .it's "devmgmt.msc"

If the audio devices are all installed, then all the look-up I have done points to the audio service still.

Can you please run these commands in a command prompt and paste the output here on the forum for me. Run them individually.
[list]
[li]sc query AudioSrv[/li]
[li]sc query RpcSc[/li]
[li]sc query plugplay[/li]
[/list]

These will give me the status of all the required services for windows audio.
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by tRoOE(f): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
I really appreciate you helping me, but i already took the computer to a specialtist!!!Thanks
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 29, 2011
This thread just assisted me resolve an issue with my laptop.

Thanks Maleeq.
Re: Urgent: Need help with active mixer devices by Maleeq(m): 7:19am On Jul 29, 2011
You are welcome bro!

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Up To 6gb On Your Airtel Sim For N1500 / HP 255 G4 | 4GB Ram | 500HDD| At Amazing Discount From Chuxel Portharcourt / HELP: Please, How Can I Change My Email Adress On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.