Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale (1054 Views)

Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi / President Buhari And His Legion Of Sycophants – Yemi Adebowale / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by Image123(m): 12:48am On Jun 07, 2015
SenseiX:
It seems President Muhammadu Buhari doesn’t know that elections are over and it is time to start actualizing his promises. The first few days of a new President in office matter a great deal.

Rather, it seems the writer does not understand what good governance is all about. President Buhari has already started delivering on his promises. His promise included making Security topmost in his agenda, especially the issue of Boko Haram. He promised to see what the military has been doing, to work with neighbouring countries, and to deal with boko haram. This he has started. he has already met with the service chiefs and has been to see/discuss with two of the three neighbouring countries involved.

Acting authoritatively within 24 hours of being sworn will send the right signal to all that he is ready to implement change. Buhari has already failed in this regard. He is supposed to hit the ground running considering the mirage of problems facing this nation. The new President simply hit the ground and sat down there.

Either this writer is ignorant of the inauguration speech of President Buhari or is just been mischievous. Right from the speech, the President has sent in signals that this is not business as usual, even moving the Command Centre of the military closer to where the challenges are much.

The cabal controlling Nigeria has already ringed him. He could not appoint a Secretary to the Federal Government, seven days after his inauguration. He could not even appoint a Chief of Staff. He is struggling with his list of ministers. So many interest groups within his ruling All Progressives Congress are holding him by the jugular. Ogbonnaya Onu and Rotimi Amaechi are battling for the position of SGF. Buhari should be reminded that a forward-looking leader like David Cameron of the United Kingdom announced his cabinet with 48 hours of emerging victorious.

What has a cabal got to do with appointments? The previous administration had numerous appointments and continued appointing and sacking even two days before hand-over. Appointments and cabal has no ring in common. Having a Secretary or a Chief of Staff is not an emergency, neither is it compulsory. Those are just administrative helps, there is no struggle there. The Senate and House of Reps are just in yesterday, Friday. There is no rush in the regards of appointing ministers, especially when the Transition committee thing did not go on smoothly. A different party and persons handing over is different from David Cameron's case where, one he is simply re-elected to continue, and two, he does not have the load of problems that Nigeria has. Former President Jonathan was seen, reported and pictured just giving President Buhari his report a day before hand over. One has to know what is truly on ground before making key decisions, Nigeria is not your regular one man business where things can be done anyhow.

Our dear Buhari could not even appoint a spokesman. He ended up appointing spokesmen. I have never heard of this in any sane society. He has Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu appointed as spokesmen just to satisfy diverse interest groups. Ever heard of leaders like Barack Obama or David Cameron operating with spokesmen? This is an agenda for chaos in the media management area.

Obama has at least a communications director(Jen Psaki) and a press secretary(Jay Carney). Cameron also has at least a Downing street spokesperson and an official spokesman. Goodluck Jonathan had Okupe and Abati among others. Are those societies sane or is the writer simply ignorant of well known facts?

I can’t understand why Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Barde and Army Chief, Kenneth Minimah are still in office. If we are talking about change and wiping out Boko Haram, the men in charge of the war’s Command and Control ought not to be in office by this time. Buhari obviously has no blueprint on how to handle Boko Haram. These bastards have killed over 300 people in the last seven days. The President has directed that the defence headquarters be moved to Maiduguri. There is clearly no sense in this. Buhari simply wants to jeopadise the Command and Control Centre. The United States did not move the Pentagon to the Gulf region during the Gulf war. Yet, they decapitated Iraqi forces. United Kingdom did not move its defence headquarters to the Falkland during the war with Argentina over the Falkland. Buhari’s directive is an archaic military strategy. This is obviously unnecessary in modern warfare. Obviously, our dear President has no blueprint for tackling the Boko Haram problem. All he did during the election was to excoriate Goodluck Jonathan’s security failure. He had no plans of his own.

It is not compulsory to sack everybody appointed by previous administrations or stop every project or work started by previous administrations. i personally do not know Buhari's plans, but his philosophy is this and right. Nigeria has good and intelligent people and competent hands. We have the training, the intelligence etc. All we need is change of leadership and structure. The same failures like NOI and co do very well abroad under good leadership and well structured governments. Even my everyday average neighbour who can barely get admission for his desired course/school, or get a 2.1 or Upper or a good job in Nigeria. Give him a chance to go abroad and you start hearing testimonies of how he is study aeronautical engineering, and leading in Neurosurgery department, and collecting awards in Yale. Even my illiterate and dirty kinsmen, suddenly behave and comport themselves when they go abroad. The point is, it is not Badeh, Minimah and co have nothing upstairs. They are trained and good soldiers, probably our best on paper talking about ranks, awards, trainings etc. But they have had a very bad leader/coach. The new head may sack them and promote others if he so chooses or if the law says so, or he may retain them. Surely, they would need to properly hand over and report all they have been doing for the past 5 or so years, there is no haste in sacking them or chasing them, especially when you will still be paying their big bellies very well. Also, personally i will keep them to clean up the mess they have contributed in widening.
About military strategies, military strategy is not one way or written in stone. There are different strategies to winning. It is not compulsory we copy America or whoever. Since the Command Center has been in Abuja, has that aided the victory? Also, suicide bombing is not something one just controls like " Jesus stilling the storm". That is what is called miracle. The actions of boko haram in the past days have been suicide bombing. This is different from taking over a town or local government, or abducting scores of people without any restraint.

The next thing the President did was to dash to Niger and Chad to talk to their leaders about curtailing Boko Haram. Yes, this would help in shortening trans-border terrorism. But how will this stop ongoing suicide bombings inside Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states by the blood-thirsty Boko Haram? The suicide bombers are obviously not crossing into the country from the neighbouring countries. They are within the country, manufacturing and using Improvised Explosive Devices. They are using petrol and gas cylinders, all obtained within the country, for suicide bombings. Intelligence gathering and technology are key to detecting and curtailing the deadly activities of these suicide bombers. We need to put our internal security in order before running to Chad and Niger republics.

Wrong suggestion by the writer. When you have an enemy, or even in a room, a rat, a cockroach, lizard, or in a field, you suddenly want to catch a prey. It is BASIC that you block all exits, surround the prey or enemy, and box them in. This is the very clear thing been done.

I am also surprised that heads of failed government departments and agencies that have done collateral damages to this country are still in office eight days after Buhari’s inauguration. How can the leadership of the Customs and Excise still be in office by this time? Why should the leadership of the NNPC and the NERC still be in office? The leadership of the FIRS is still in office, yet we are talking about change. Change in this direction should come within 24 hours. We are still waiting for our dear President to act.

i've talked on this already. Operation sack them all is not necessarily going to work. Most of these people know their jobs and can do them in the right environment and under the right leadership. Also, even if they will go, it is still from the same failed state Nigeria that replacements will be picked, not from outside. Plus, handover was not properly done. When the APC were talking about it, people were criticizing them. There has to be proper hand over and knowing the real state of things before taking decisive actions. Not just clamoring for sack everybody pro-Jonathan and employ every APC lover. Serious governance is not done that way.

[b]Buhari response to the power crisis in his inauguration speech was also appalling. How can the President say that, “careful studies are under way during this transition to identify the quickest, safest and most cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians.” So, the President did not do a thorough study of the power crisis and the way forward before campaigning to take over from Jonathan? So, the President has no blueprint on how to tackle the power crisis? So, Buhari is just about assembling a team to decide on what to do? That should have been in his bag already. It is part of what is called hitting the ground running in governance. I hope we have not entered a one chance bus? I guess that was why Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo sent him his own blueprint on the power crisis. My humble suggestion is for Buhari to quickly go after Atiku Abubakar and collect his comprehensive blueprint on how to tackle crisis in virtually all the sectors of our economy. A better-prepared Atiku commissioned a very reliable team to do this during his campaign for Presidency. But the APC painfully denied him their Presidential ticket. It is a pity that a well-prepared Atiku may never become the President of this country because we always celebrate mediocrity. [/b]

This is a ploy to divide the APC by bringing up Atiku. Just like the bible where Absalom was propped up till he wanted to take the throne from David. Billions of dollars have been spent on power without much result. The economy is ailing. It is only right for the government to know How Much we have and what can be done with what we have. He should not make careless promises or blueprints that there will be no money to pursue it.

Buhari has also left many bemused by his refusal to make public his asset declaration. Garba Shehu said, “President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If anyone is interested in knowing details of his asset worth, such a person can avail himself or herself of the use of Freedom of Information Act to seek the information from the bureau.” What an insult. One of Buhari’s key campaign promises was public declaration of assets and liabilities. How can he now do this to Nigerians? Late President Umaru Yar’Adua made public his asset declaration after submitting to the Code of Conduct Bureau. Clearly, Buhari has something to hide. The National Secretary of the Labour Party, Kayode Ajulo was right when he accused the President of failing to keep  the covenant he had with Nigerians to publish his assets publicly. Ajulo said: “The promise on the declaration of assets made to Nigerians was to woo voters. Now, the voters have fulfilled their part of the agreement. It is left for Buhari to fulfill the other part, failure of which is a clear violation of the social contract he had with millions of Nigerians.”

This will be done. Anybody deserves time, at least 100days. President Jonathan had 5years to prove himself. Buhari should be given at least 100 days before making silly conclusions. BTW, assets declaration is just a minute part on the war against corruption. The main part is to get the judicial system working efficiently and effectively. What is the value of Yaradua's declaration today? Whether he stole or not, most Nigerians do not know and DO NOT CARE. In fact, i am sure that when Buhari and Osinbajo's assets are finally public, the puerile arguments will grow in number as to what they both already have. If you may be told before hand, Osinbajo is a very rich man, and Buhari has more than 150 cows and one bungalow compared to what his opposition has been making it a duty to misinform people with.

Now, the President has approval for 15 Special Advisers. What does he want to do with all these men? These Special Advisers will also have a retinue of special assistants. They will also need to maintain offices and vehicles. So, where is the belt tightening which our President promised in this scenario? On removal of fuel subsidy, Buhari is still shivering, eight days after inauguration. May Allah help Nigeria.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/i-thought-buhari-would-hit-the-ground-running/211273/
Cc lalasticlala

Compared to what the previous President had, 15 special advisers is smaller and a good trim. i will suggest some patience, at least 100 days. Blind opposition and skepticism will not help the nation or anyone. Like the saying goes, Rome was not built in a day, life is one step at a time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by pamodulus: 12:53am On Jun 07, 2015
I saw this coming, though the length makes it difficult to read.
Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by papaejima1: 1:08am On Jun 07, 2015
Sorry, wrong thread!

1 Like

Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:11am On Jun 07, 2015
I wonder if I should open a thread to reply to you

2 Likes

Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by dunkem21(m): 1:15am On Jun 07, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Maybe me too.
Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by Realdeals(m): 1:15am On Jun 07, 2015
Good reply
Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:43am On Jun 07, 2015
Op, you get time o! grin

One word would have sufficed to describe Adebowale's article: TRASH

All this epistle is unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Mention me when you're done wondering.
Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by Image123(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Op, you get time o! grin
One word would have sufficed to describe Adebowale's article: TRASH
All this epistle is unnecessary.
For benefit of doubt, and to aid those who refuse to think maybe.

1 Like

Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by ComradeAbu(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
How can you access Buhari in just 7 days from His Inuguration into office and say he is already failing...?
As for me The former general is doing perfect.

Day of inauguration Saturday 29th of May 2015.
He announced his plans for this Nation order the relocation of Army command center and made clear he won't be destracted with old scores

Sunday 30th of May 2014
Received dignetries from around the world and congratulatory

Day 1 in office Monday 31st May 2015
Appointed Spokes person had meeting with NSA on State of nations security

Day 2 in office Tuesday 1st June 2015
Had meeting with chief of air, Army & Naval staff with police IG and NSA

Day 3 in office Wednesday 2nd June 2015
Traveled to Niger republic to discuss how to takel boko haram with the president and how to reorganize RMNJTF

Day 4 in office Wednesday 3rd June 2015
Went to Chad to discuss with the president of chad on how to create regional stability and over come the menace of Boko Haram

Day 5 in office Thursday 4th June 2015
Appointed the person to head the RMNJTF a Nigerian commander and discuss the acceleration of Central command to Maiduguri

Day 6 in office Friday 5th June 2015
Meet with oil marketers and discuss how to increase PEtrol supply for the main time and also ha dinner with Nigeria Ambasadors..

Day 7 in office Saturday 6th June 2015
Travelled to Germany to attend G7 summit despites Nigeria not being a member bt among the 7 countries invited.

While the president was carrying out these various activities,the VP attented an inauguration in Sudan

Let's not forget with in this space of time Buhari has dealt with other several issues like having to appoint his ADC, Issuing directive to security personnel at airports not to harrase former officials of the past government, Also issued directive to ministers not to approve Contacts except Chief accountans and heads of ministries. And Buhari is even yet to enter the villa and as at then the new senate is yet to be formed....

QUESTION..
When last did we have a president working and not complaining that the troubles facing Nigerians in this country where not caused by him so no one should expect him to find solutions to them or even try to solve them
Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by sammyj: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
grin
Re: My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale by BLOTRS: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
Why waste time on such a long post? i got discouraged to even start reading

(1) (Reply)

Dogara Floors Gbajabiamila In House Of Rep Elections! / Newspaper Headlines, Tuesday June 23, 2015 / National Assembly Crisis And Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.