Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

President Buhari And His Enemies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And His Enemies (6730 Views)

Emir Sanusi: 'The Praise Singers Of Buhari Are His Enemies Who'll Destroy Him' / Governance Is Stagnant Because Buhari Is Working With His Enemies — Buba Galadim / Amaechi Is Like Biblical Esther, He Has Shamed His Enemies – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 5:33am On Jun 07, 2015
Going by what one reads in the newspapers and hears on radio and television, Buharimaniacs believe strongly that the President, Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari, can solve singlehandedly the problems confronting Nigeria at this time, whereas President Goodluck Jonathan and his subordinates are relentlessly excoriated for running the most incompetent and corrupt government the country has witnessed since independence.

According to triumphalist Buharimaniacs, the new President would soon destroy Boko Haram, jail everyone convicted of corruption, reengineer the economy, reduce unemployment to the barest minimum ever, reform the electoral process, probe Jonathan’s administration, rejuvenate the dwindling manufacturing sector, ensure steady electricity and build world class infrastructure, and so on.

[size=14pt]
On the other hand, those of us that supported Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election effort are still being subjected to vicious obloquy and malicious accusations of taking bribes or seeking for political appointments. Let me make some points clear now. I wish I had been paid handsomely for supporting the former President. [/size]

Unlike pretentious Pharisees who commit atrocities behind closed doors but talk and behave holier-than-thou in public, I believe there is nothing wrong in being rewarded for declaring publicly an opinion one is genuinely convinced about, which is analogous to a model who truly enjoys lemonade and gets paid for advertising it. We can deceive others and ourselves some of the time; but we cannot successfully do so all the time.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 5:33am On Jun 07, 2015
Craving for political appointment has never crossed my mind, because the vocation of teaching philosophy at the University of Lagos gives me incomparably sublime job satisfaction.

Considering certain facts known to me, I preferred Jonathan to Buhari in the last presidential election – and I still do, despite my criticisms of the former over the years. Therefore, if I were paid millions for that, it would have been a win-win situation for me since it means being paid for expressing my genuine preference in the election.

Certainly, no amount of money would have compelled me to support Jonathan if I were convinced he did not deserve to be re-elected, or Buhari because, as already stated, I really wanted his main rival to have a second term of office. Buharimaniacs are fond of hyperbolising the good qualities of President Buhari while unduly neglecting the disagreeable ones. In their jaundiced reckoning, the weaknesses of Buhari should either be ignored or explained away as inconsequential excesses of a military dictator committed to positive attitudinal change by Nigerians.

Anyone that expresses a contrary view or draws attention to his intellectual and temperamental deficiencies is jeered at as an “enemy” of Nigeria. Clearly, superlative descriptions of Buhari and his capability to rebuild Nigeria cannot withstand the harsh searchlight of ratiocinative scrutiny. For, granted that the President has cognate experience as a former military head of state, that experience is severely limited in duration and was garnered during a dictatorship powered by command-and-obey mentality, not by the slow laborious processes of democratic deliberation.

In addition, like every human being, the praiseworthy qualities of Buhari are alloyed by certain personal inadequacies that might jeopardise his ability to make the right decisions while in office. Of course, the President himself, the world in general and Nigeria in particular have changed dramatically since August 27, 1985, when Gen. Ibrahim Babangida unceremoniously overthrew his regime. Thus, those uncritically parading Buhari’s experience from his dictatorial days as if it is an unblemished magic totem for national reconstruction have not learnt any useful lesson from the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo between 1999 and 2007.

[size=14pt]In my opinion, the greatest enemies of President Buhari are not his critics; rather, they are those praising him to high heavens, uttering sugary insipidities to gain favours from him. Also included are the shylocks who recommend revenge against groups that did not vote for him and narrow-minded Northerners gloating simply because the presidency has returned to their region. [/size]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 5:36am On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:
Going by what one reads in the newspapers and hears on radio and television, Buharimaniacs believe strongly that the President, Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari, can solve singlehandedly the problems confronting Nigeria at this time, whereas President Goodluck Jonathan and his subordinates are relentlessly excoriated for running the most incompetent and corrupt government the country has witnessed since independence.

According to triumphalist Buharimaniacs, the new President would soon destroy Boko Haram, jail everyone convicted of corruption, reengineer the economy, reduce unemployment to the barest minimum ever, reform the electoral process, probe Jonathan’s administration, rejuvenate the dwindling manufacturing sector, ensure steady electricity and build world class infrastructure, and so on.

[size=14pt]
On the other hand, those of us that supported Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election effort are still being subjected to vicious obloquy and malicious accusations of taking bribes or seeking for political appointments. Let me make some points clear now. I wish I had been paid handsomely for supporting the former President. [/size]

Unlike pretentious Pharisees who commit atrocities behind closed doors but talk and behave holier-than-thou in public, I believe there is nothing wrong in being rewarded for declaring publicly an opinion one is genuinely convinced about, which is analogous to a model who truly enjoys lemonade and gets paid for advertising it. We can deceive others and ourselves some of the time; but we cannot successfully do so all the time.
So this is what it has come to? You people are openly coming out to ask for money for supporting BS.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by neutrotoba(m): 5:39am On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

So this is what it has come to? You people are openly coming out to ask for money for supporting BS.
lol fine bara
Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 5:39am On Jun 07, 2015
To me, it is more patriotic to criticise Buhari with good arguments than to eulogise him based on ethno-religious sentiments and exaggerated expectations. Now, I must commend the President for appointing Femi Adesina Special Adviser on Media and Publicity. Adesina is a Buharimaniac no doubt, but he is of the finest breed. He is a thoroughbred professional, humane, urbane, compassionate, but too religious and somewhat conservative for my liking.

Irrespective of the hot air from Buharimaniacs on this issue, Buhari’s failure to fulfil that promise puts a question mark on his reputation as a man of integrity. Being a logician, I know that from a contradictory proposition such as “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody,” anything follows! Concluded.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/president-buhari-and-his-enemies/

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2015
So some people were paid to support Jonathan? Thank goodness he lost.

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 5:44am On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Oga, learn to read before posting...

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by eleko1: 5:45am On Jun 07, 2015
Confession/lamentation time. sad isn't that'AFIN'the fake oyinbo'White man ANELE DOUGLAS sad.Thank Jah,that bribe una collected from jona don hook una for throat sad

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 5:45am On Jun 07, 2015
Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by ifyan(m): 5:46am On Jun 07, 2015
With good intentions you wouldn't be disappointed either win or loss.
Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 5:48am On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Oga, learn to read before posting...
You PDP/GEJ people still fail to see what the #GEJout movement was about. It was not about people who wanted money or wanted to be paid, it was about people who got tired of the way things were going and decided to kick against it.

I found it amusing when it was known that people like Aye Dee got paid thousands of dollars while a lot of other supporters of PDP got zilch on twitter. Hell even the ones that got a semblance got just a miserable $100. While I agree that nothing is wrong in being paid for doing what you believe but if it is done for the improvement of your country or society, it should be to facilitate you and not payment as a method of salary or wage. Which is just you pushing your greedy interest.

Seems you GEJ fans are tired of hearing how others got paid while you were left out cold. It is nobody's fault that some people were offered money by the PDP via Nairaland while you supporters were not even considered. Does that hurt? Pele Keep asking to be paid after they have lost the elections and are not eager to release funds

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Iroh88(m): 5:49am On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Yeah, just like the commanding officer that got punked with the promise to ministerial aide.

The hustle is so fvcking real. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:51am On Jun 07, 2015
Makai just be no. 12!!

[size=16pt]Abeg Who Fire.Fire Talk Sey Na Buhari Enemy(ies) cos I No Even Ridam At All..[/size]
Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 5:52am On Jun 07, 2015
Iroh88:
Yeah, just like the commanding officer that got punked with the promise to ministerial aide.

The hustle is so fvcking real. cheesy

1. Take down that picture.
2. The hustle is indeed real. People got paid on NL. Some are still being paid it just seems some people like to do suffer head and don't know how to play their cards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Iroh88(m): 5:53am On Jun 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
So some people were paid to support Jonathan? Thank goodness he lost.
Some were promised ministerial aide appointments only to get terribly disappointed. cheesy

He even had the nerve to say he would have accepted the offer had it come from Buhari. cheesy

Deluded protection seeking camelion. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 5:53am On Jun 07, 2015
I wonder how myopic the reasoning of some human being, do you need to be paid to follow your believe? do you need to be paid to air your views? do you need to be paid to express your opinions ?

Moreover, calling you an outcast for not aligning with the on-going enslavement of your region.

Nigerian politics still runs on bad-belle. (bo ba opa, bi o ba o bu lese, eyin Omo araiye ni yen)

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:55am On Jun 07, 2015
Iroh88:
Some were promised ministerial aide appointments only to get terribly disappointed. cheesy

He even had the nerve to say he would have accepted the offer had it come from Buhari. cheesy

Deluded protection seeking camelion. grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Emenahagos02(m): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2015
Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Emenahagos02(m): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2015
The past administration is over and gone, Buhari, his vice and his new administration should at least prove the past administration wrong by starting something already. You guys don't need to be reminding us how the past administration was like cuz we saw them. Make a table of preference and don't repeat whatever mistake that was made in the past.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Iroh88(m): 5:57am On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

1. Take down that picture.
2. The hustle is indeed real. People got paid on NL. Some are still being paid it just seems some people like to do suffer head and don't know how to play their cards
Take down which picture Is there any name attached to it Why should I??

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 5:58am On Jun 07, 2015
Iroh88:

Continue your hatred posts, it will not take you too far...

Inunibini buruku undecided

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by MyMouth(m): 5:59am On Jun 07, 2015
Op meant he was paid but not handsomely. In other words, he wished he was paid handsomely since he was or is not intrested in political appointment. Another protection seeker confesses!

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 6:00am On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:
I wonder how myopic the reasoning of some human being, do you need to be paid to follow your believe? do you need to be paid to air your views? do you need to be paid to express your opinions ?

Moreover, calling you an outcast for not aligning with the on-going enslavement of your region.

Nigeria politics still runs on bad-belle. (bo ba opa, bi o ba o bu lese, eyin Omo araiye ni yen)
Outcast?

With people like you who were busy saying BS about how Buhari is a terrorist even after evidence shows contrary and saying the APC is the Nigeria's Muslim brotherhood, calling APC supporters supporters of APC, this is hilarious.

You say your region is being enslaved by who? You want people to continue to queue behind GEJ after he single handedly ruin the economy and you still have mouth to talk?

You talk about enslaving your region and yet that same region does not have functional federal roads, no new federal projects and no plans going forward except to bribe people when elections were coming? Please get real with. Your mediocrity does not fly with me

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Iroh88(m): 6:00am On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Continue your hatred posts, it will not take you too far...

Inunibini buruku undecided
Wow. And you continue your love posts, it will take you very far...

Inunibini buruku.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 6:01am On Jun 07, 2015
Iroh88:
Just please take it down. It does not break any rule but just do a stranger a little favor.
Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 6:01am On Jun 07, 2015
Anyone that expresses a contrary view or draws attention to his intellectual and temperamental deficiencies is jeered at as an “enemy” of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 6:03am On Jun 07, 2015
MyMouth:
Op meant he was paid but not handsomely. In other words, he wished he was paid handsomely since he was or is not intrested in political appointment. Another protection seeker confesses!
This Orubebe behavior started on twitter when some people discovered that while they were paid just $100, others were forming overlords and getting thousands of dollars

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 6:05am On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:
Anyone that expresses a contrary view or draws attention to his intellectual and temperamental deficiencies is jeered at as an “enemy” of Nigeria.
Is that not the official policy of the PDP under the GEJ administration?

Do Sanusi, OBJ, Lamido to an extent, Kwankwaso, Dickson etc ring any bells?

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Iroh88(m): 6:05am On Jun 07, 2015
Firefire:

Nigeria politics still runs on bad-belle. (bo ba opa, bi o ba o bu lese, eyin Omo araiye ni yen)
Show me a TANoid and I'd show you a man whose tuition was wasted.

Inunibini buruku.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Rawani: 6:08am On Jun 07, 2015
At the end of the day, this is all just Anele's opinion of President Buhari, he stated earlier that he never wanted GMB to win so any attempts at rationalizing his claims are efforts expected from the defeated opposition. If he chooses to amplify PMB's weaknesses and others prefer to celebrate his strengths is that not the rational expectation of a venting opponent? For the author to preclude Buhari supporters from possessing the quality of being critical within eulogy speaks volumes of his limited scope of critical analysis of the issue he elected to vent about.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Firefire(m): 6:09am On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Is that not the official policy of the PDP under the GEJ administration?

Do Sanusi, OBJ, Lamido to an extent, Kwankwaso, Dickson etc ring any bells?

Sanusi and his many unsubstantiated allegations?

OBJ with his long letters with alarms of GEJ snipers and hired assassins that are yet to be revealed to ordinary eyes ?

Anyway, that is story for another day.

The message is very clear, most of us here are passionate about our views and would be glad to represent it again and again without any forms of inducement.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And His Enemies by Mynd44: 6:09am On Jun 07, 2015
Iroh88:
Show me a TANoid and I'd show you a man who's tuition was wasted.

Inunibini buruku.
Everyone makes grammatical errors. It is nothing jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Quick Facts About The IBADAN CIRCULAR ROAD / Judiciary Under My Watch Won’t Be A Tool, CJN Vows / PHOTOS; Checkout Honourable Shina Peller’s Super Doper Nose Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.