Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" (1230 Views)

24/7 HRS Power Bank For Laptop,Printer, iPAD, BB/PHONES Say No To Power Failure / Hackers Steal Over 400,000 Yahoo Passwords / Windows XP Validation Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" by charlo(m): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2006
Is anyone going through this same occurence, just this last week two weeks, 5 people that I know are unable to log in to their yahoo mail. What could be happening, their password no longer matches.
Re: Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" by Douzy(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2006
:-x
Re: Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" by xanadu: 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2006
It happens once in a while.  They just need to chill out for some time, may be a week.  Yahoo would recognise their passwords after a while.

Without sounding alarmist, you must consider the possiibility that, either these people have forgotten their passwords (highly unlikely for ALL of them!), or these accounts have been hacked into and the passwords changed.  I'm afraid there is no such thing as yahoo 'recognising' the password after 'a week'.

Have the affected people contacted yahoo to complain?
Re: Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" by charlo(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2006
Yes, you are right about the possibility of the harckers beign involved. Two of this guys confirmed that they noticed it started opening a link that was sent to them through yahoo messenger from known friends. Just yesterday I received an off line message from one of those guys instructing me to view a link, it reads thus, new music updated www.yahoo.music (please dont go to this link). I was only lucky to have known what was happening earlier which prevented me from checking the link, that easy, just a click. what baffled me most was the fact that the message came from the address of one of those guys that was unable to open his mail. He was surprised too and he said I was the second person recieving an offline message from his address since his inability to use his account.
[b]Quote[/b]Have the affected people contacted yahoo to complain

I thought about this too and I have searched for possible links to yahoo all to no avail.
Re: Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" by xanadu: 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2006
I bet those accounts have definitely been hacked. www.yahoo.music is CERTAINLY NOT a yahoo site - you can register a similar domain at http://www.cydots.com/. Go to that site andyou'll see what I mean.

I advise your friends create new email accounts and try to let all their contacts know they no longer use them.
Re: Urgent! '"yahoo Failure" by unyalimon: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2006
I just spoke to someone in Yahoo accounting. I had received an acct cancel notice, and email had stopped at same time. Turns out they were not related. Email is trying to map to remove mail server and pull in mail. Has not been working for several days. Person on phone said major problem at Yahoo for past month, and affects mail accounts, and ability to pull mail from remote mail servers. Said problem may last another week or so (which means they have no idea what the problem is and it will take at least a week to fix). They said when one cell is fixed, problem moves to next. So, not all emails effected at same time, but you will get bit until this is fixed. shocked

(1) (Reply)

Any Body In The House Who Has Internet Modem For Sale? / How To Fix Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error / Link To Download Strong Anti Virus For Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.