Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki (1310 Views)

I Withdraw My Congratulatory Message To Obaseki And Reject Edo APC Primary / Oshiomhole At APC Edo Governorship Primary Election / Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by ridwanomooba: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Former governor of Kwara State and a major contender for the seat of Senate President in the 8th Assembly, Senator Bukola Saraki has explained why he boycotted the mock primary election organised by the APC on Saturday to elect the party’s candidate for the Senate Presidency. Saraki explained his decision to boycott the primary in a statement signed by Dino Melaye and Ahmed Sani. The statement reads: “We the Senators-Elect of Like Minds today 6TH of June 2015, on the invitation of our party, attended an interactive meeting with selected 5 members from each group, the Unity Forum and the Like Minds Group. “Regrettably, the Unity Forum insisted on open ballot voting which we discovered is different from the electoral process used to conduct the earlier election with the House of Representatives members elect. To us, this open ballot voting is primitive; undemocratic and against universal electoral norms and practice.

“In the light of the above, we the Senators elect of Like Minds hereby insist on our position of Open Secret voting process which we believe is in consonance with the provisions of the electoral act, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the universal electoral values. “As responsible citizens of Federal Republic of Nigeria, and leaders in our own right, we have resolved and hereby state that we shall not be part of a process that promotes undemocratic electoral process that may resort to rancorous and uncivil situations which inhibits the rights of individuals to vote for the candidate of their choice, as this process will further divide us than unite members of our party. “In conclusion we the Senators-Elect of Like Minds wish to state categorically that we will participate only in the constitutional election scheduled for Tuesday, the 9th of June 2015 in line with the rules of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. “We by this press release invite the media to a joint press conference by the 65 Senators-Elect of Like Minds drawn from across party lines on Monday morning, the 8thof June 2015.”

Read full story here: http://www.today.ng/politics/senate-presidency-why-i-boycotted-apc-primary-election-bukola-saraki/
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Mamaflex(f): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
We yaf heard. "Senators-elect of like minds". grin
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
Trying so hard to give a Bleep!

Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
You are just another fool.
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by DankemzI(m): 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
Payback time.

Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
If u see d kind joy weh dhe ma hart as apc dhe scatter I no fit describe am A party built on deceit and lies won't last To many different bins wif different conflicting interest and ideology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
like minded senators carry go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by missKiffy(f): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
So?
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kk
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by doctokwus: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Something tells me this Saraki may not be the best to lead the senate.Too much baggage,too much desperation,not a good combination.The only positive thing he seems to have is a rebellion against a certain godfather.
If however he wins,so be it.Democracy sometimes throws up the completely clueless,as we just had and the bad but redeemable,as Saraki may turn out to be and d desired as we havebin PMB.
1 3/4 is not bad in a democracy that is still fledging.
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by chesterlee(m): 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
like minds ride on!
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Shortyy(f): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nigeria politicians are only concerned about party and who gets the power. it's never about the people.
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
What season is dis?
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by babdap: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
son of his father, late Baba Oloye.
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Cant you just get it Saraki? You cannot become the Senate President. Haha angry
Re: Senate Presidency: Why I Boycotted Apc Primary Election – Bukola Saraki by papoose999(m): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2015

(1) (Reply)

What 9 Billion Naira Can Do For The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Alleged Corruption: EFCC Moves Against Saraki’s Wife, Yar’adua’s Daugh / Imo Is On Fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.