Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! (65504 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by WebSurfer(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rolly83:

Wow,very lovely analysis.... I like this...@Op,please take note!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by orimahspence: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
I got married at 22, my wife was 20 then, have my first daughter at 23 and the second at 26, now 27. Marriage don't come come wothout its challenge, but No regret

6 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by uzoexcel(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
kai....where in soton r u....seems i missed u by more than a,year... There should b so much people @ d commons @ dis time of d year
Rolly83:
Its was very cold earlier in the year...I miss Naija tho....
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Karleb(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
35 is just too okay! wink

1 Like

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by afeezmore: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
to me i think thirty the least but before thirty try and make dough enough i mean do shit with ur brain and moral and pray to GOD for guidance.
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by afeezmore: 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
afeezmore:
to me i think thirty the least but before thirty try and make dough enough i mean do shit with ur brain and moral and pray to GOD for guidance.
who dey change my post 4 here nah
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by naijafella(m): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Marry when your mind tells you to marry Gbam!
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

Your idea of responsibility is financial. Anyone can decide to be responsible but can u back it up financially? E.g rent hall for wedding, house rent for a 3 bed, marriage rites, having a kid etc. Can you do all that if you earn only 3million per annum? embarassed
u earn 3 million per annum and you are complaining of finance?? please they are people who earn less than that and they go by just fine.and u won't foot the bills alone if Ur wife is working.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by amokeme(f): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:
I'v been pondering what the right age is for a guy to get married. I'm 27 and my parents say I'm getting old lol. I stay alone in a small apartment(1 bedroom), drives a good car and i'm a bit stable financially but anytime I reason the bills that comes with marriage and the numerous responsibility, I go just tire. E.g. Moving out from my 1bed to a 3bed in my area will need I cough out 1.5M for rent. Chei. I can see why many men are not ready. angry. What ur take on this guys?
30-31
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Gerrard59(m): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
scachy:

If u keep waiting until u can be able to sort out all financial responsibility that comes with marriage without a blink of an eyes, or until u earn 10m per annum, then u ll marry at 40 or above.have u not seen road side mechanics, motorists n people doing one menial job or another settling down n taking good core of their family. Have u think all no that line? U build ur family according to ur income, children don't grow overnight, before dia financial demands ll get high, u must v been more financially stabilized too.

So because motorists, mechanics and vulcanisers are married, then it means any body should just wake up one morning and get married.

No wonder, we have lots of born troway in the society all because of I must get married, no matter what.

@Op,get married when you're ready financially and emotionally.

3 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Cutehector(m): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
many say you dont need to have alot of money to get married
some say u dnt even need to build a house first
some say you dnt need to wait until a certain age

but wat they dont say is this

are you spiritually sound enough to go into it?
can u endure hardships
are u willing to make sacrifices
do you see urself as a role model to your kids
can u handle arguments and fights?

being financially capable is just a tip of the iceberg in driving a marriage union.... when a man is humble enough, Godfearing enough, morally sound enough, patient enough, gentle enough, etc... then and only then is he ready for marriage. be 30, 40, 50 0r even 60 years.

4 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
If it's not for the sake of having children I for bone marriage jor.

2 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by front247: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
have someone chop off ur dìck, the matter wont weigh on ur mind anymore
yeye dey worry u. Be serious for once
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by jnrbayano(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
misssclassy:
There is no right age to get married. But rather, there is a right time to get married.
What you should ask yourself is if this is the right time for you to get married.

In my opinion, the right time for a man to get married is when he is stable in every or most areas of his life.
There are certain criteria that has to be met before any man dabbles into marriage.

Such criteria include:
Financial stability
Emotional stability
Being able to make good decisions and judgments
Being mature enough to be in a relationship.
Being able to understand what marriage and being a husband and a father entails.
Being able to be a father figure to your children. Both financially and other wise
Having the desire to get married.

When these criteria are met, then are man is ready for marriage.

Not minding your often tirade, the size of brain behind the moniker misssclassy is gargantuan.

Cool!! cool
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by beautifulflower: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
I think 28yrs is Ok
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by ibknaanii(m): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

Your idea of responsibility is financial. Anyone can decide to be responsible but can u back it up financially? E.g rent hall for wedding, house rent for a 3 bed, marriage rites, having a kid etc. Can you do all that if you earn only 3million per annum? embarassed

3million?, what of teachers that earn less than a million per annum.
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Tobium1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mutuwa:
I got married at 26..
No regrets...
U're a muslim and so can't have regrets, com be christain make I see weda u go get mouth

1 Like

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
From between 28 to 30 is ok for men;and women'from 18 to 25.

3 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by gpovo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

Chai my guy, I need dat kind job o so dat I go. Show u say I fit use am marry , bcoos no b only lekki or island b d place man fit stay.
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
Lol,.... U neva see anytin.... Dere z no ideal age 4dat, weneva u feel u are ready to take all d responsibility den u can tink of it.

Not a bad idea though but going by your comment many will never feel they're ready.
it's just like waiting for the perfect time when in the real sense there's no perfect time.

As for me,it's set already...ain't going to turn 29 unmarried...28 it is wink

2 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Atikubi(f): 9:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
misssclassy:
There is no right age to get married. But rather, there is a right time to get married.
What you should ask yourself is if this is the right time for you to get married.

In my opinion, the right time for a man to get married is when he is stable in every or most areas of his life.
There are certain criteria that has to be met before any man dabbles into marriage.

Such criteria include:
Financial stability
Emotional stability
Being able to make good decisions and judgments
Being mature enough to be in a relationship.
Being able to understand what marriage and being a husband and a father entails.
Being able to be a father figure to your children. Both financially and other wise
Having the desire to get married.

When these criteria are met, then are man is ready for marriage.
Are you a guy?

1 Like

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
If you current savings/ earnings / investments cannot take care of your kids and give them the best education in the world. Don't think about it yet. grin
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by kendraloops(f): 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
scachy:

If u keep waiting until u can be able to sort out all financial responsibility that comes with marriage without a blink of an eyes, or until u earn 10m per annum, then u ll marry at 40 or above.have u not seen road side mechanics, motorists n people doing one menial job or another settling down n taking good core of their family. Have u think all no that line? U build ur family according to ur income, children don't grow overnight, before dia financial demands ll get high, u must v been more financially stabilized too.

You're soooo correct. The bible even says a farmer who watches the weather, never sows. Cut your coat according to your cloth.

Have a very modest wedding (people forget about it after a while sef, so why stress yourself), use your brain when kids come. They musnt attend 500k per term schools, put them somewhere decent and do heavy tutoring at home.

Op, whenever you're ready, do it. But if you meet the ONE, you'll know.

6 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by nwadiuko1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mercylin:
I believe the normal age should be from 26-30... Provided you can afford 3 square meal a day plus snacks(as my councellor wud say).
Remember he that finds a wife, finds good thing and it attracts open doors/favours..

You can start saving towards your wedding.
one of ma guys talk say wedding these days na BOOBY trap
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Royaltriplee: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

guy,N3m per annum is more than enough for you to start up a family.
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
This question again? Well there are too many variables involved in this question to be given a precise answer. No two people's lives are the same but generally I would say any guy over 35 and not married is either sincerely unable to or simply not interested.

1 Like

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Owoplenty(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
40 is not bad
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by nwadiuko1(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
obitee69:

dats N 8219.17808/day and u can't marry?
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by CocoaOla: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
I
J U S T
W A N T
T O
T H A N K
G O D
F O R
E V E R Y T H I N G

3 Likes

Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
Atikubi:
Are you a guy?
No I am not. Why did you ask?
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
Atikubi:
Are you a guy?
No I am not. Why did you ask?
Re: Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! by Rosemary216(f): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kizmarty:

Not a bad idea though but going by your comment many will never feel they're ready.
it's just like waiting for the perfect time when in the real sense there's no perfect time.

As for me,it's set already...ain't going to turn 29 unmarried...28 it is wink
good luck wit dat. Dnt forget to send me d invitation card, will love to attend!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Divorce My Wife? / Marrying A Masturbator! / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.