Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Yanni, Enya, Enigma, SARAH Brightman..who Serenades You Better. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Yanni, Enya, Enigma, SARAH Brightman..who Serenades You Better. (1467 Views)

Enya Releases Hit Songs 7 Years After Her Last Release. / A Nairalander's Top 20 Favourite Enya's Songs / Please Were Can I Download Free (all)yanni Tracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yanni, Enya, Enigma, SARAH Brightman..who Serenades You Better. by ohpeter: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
Am a lover of jazz/classical music. Though I respect artist such as George benson, Kenny G and earl klugh I belive strongly that non can rival the enchanting and captivating sounds of Yanni, Enya, Enigma and Sarah Brightman. I pick YANNI as the best of them all. So jazz lovers please list your top 3 jazz/classical artists.
Re: Yanni, Enya, Enigma, SARAH Brightman..who Serenades You Better. by 4C2215131: 7:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
ohpeter:
Am a lover of jazz/classical music. Though I respect artist such as George benson, Kenny G and earl klugh I belive strongly that non can rival the enchanting and captivating sounds of Yanni, Enya, Enigma and Sarah Brightman. I pick YANNI as the best of them all. So jazz lovers please list your top 3 jazz/classical artists.

First off, the artistes you mentioned in your post headline are not jazz artistes. They belong mainly to the New Age music genre. That's that. Now to your query. Personally, I've discovered a whole plethora of new age artistes that can best and sometimes out-do the artistes you mentioned. Considering those you outlined, I'd say Enigma does it for me BUT there is a caveat to this assertion of mine. When I say Enigma, I mean the Enigma circa 1990-mid/ first quarter of the late 90's.

Enigma (Michael Cretu) changed musical direction soon after their string of successes and majored more on classical dance, techno, trance and the like. Enya holds her own real good ditto Sarah Brightman and Yanni (who could arguably be included as one of the pioneers of the genre). Thus said, none of them in my opinion could hold a candle to Enigma in the duo's hey days.
Re: Yanni, Enya, Enigma, SARAH Brightman..who Serenades You Better. by Rick9(m): 12:45am On Aug 09, 2015
Like the poster above me said, those artistes u mentioned are not jazz artiste they belong to the New Age Music well Enya is my best but discovering others like Sarah Brightman, Yanni, Enigma, Moya Brennan Eh Wahala dey oh

(1) (Reply)

6lack X Bryson Tiller Type Beat - Let Me Keep You Prod By Victor Lance / Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type / Eldee - Return Of The King Drop 09-09-06

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.