Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type (1463 Views)

Singer Omah Lay Gets Pulled Down And Laid Upon By Female Fan While Performing On / See Reason Why Davido And Wizkid Don't Have A Song Together [video] / Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
To all Wizkids fans, I want you to know your Boy is a Star no matter what anyone says. And I have once been one of lovers of his music though not fan.
The day I was so proud of him was on my trip to SA in 2010. I was in the hotel lobby relaxing and a white guy walking pass turned and said to me " is that Wizkid?" Refering to tge music blaring from my phone I said yes and he replied "I love his music, I have his song" and he left. Wizkid is a Star but one thing I detest in him is his insecurity because of Davidos Success.

Wizkid started music before Davido came into the scene and was already winning Awards just like Tuface, 9ce, Banky West, Dbanj and a host of others came before him. Today many of these guys are no more as relevant as they used to be musically but Wizkid came and ever since he came has not seized to be relevant. That is an achievment.

But None of those guys has shown any hate for his success even Banky under whom Wizkid started.

Then out of no where came a guy by the name Davido maming waves just like wizkid taking the music scene by storm. Hit after hit making a mark and a name for himself though aided by the fact that he has a wealthy background but Is it a Sin to Have Rich Parents. Many have Rich parents but never made any good use of the opportunity but Davido made use of his wealthy background and today he is still maintaining his stardom. Kudos to Him.

Wizkid should learn to Live and let Live that is the rule of life. Nothin stops him being a good friend of Davido if not Hate and Jealousy. Throwing Shades all the time at someone who goes about his career without looking at his side is a sign of a weaklin. May be the day he removes kid out of his name he will start to behave like real Stars . Tuface left the scene and 9ce took over and never felt jealous of 9ice instead they had a "Collabo" After 9ice many have come and no more heard.

I know many of Wiskids fans wont love this but this is my veiw and Im not trying to take sides. I just dont like it wen ppl cant live with others success.

Wizkid is Star with great wealth, Fame and Achievments and likewise Davido even with the fact that he came years after him.

Imagine what it would be to have Wizkid and Davido doing a song or concert together. But "I am better than you" spirit wont allow Wizzy to let that happen.

Now is it true that Davido has a frog voice?

If Davidos voice is froggy what do we call 9ce voice. Or Orlando Owoh though a juju singer.

Music is more than Angelic voices it is how can you use your type of voice to make good mùsic and Davido is a Master in that.

There are American Super Stars with "froggier" voice than Davido's

Grace Jones is a Superstar a lady for that matter. She was a grammy winner and Davidos voice is angelic compared to hers. Read what she said about her own voice

"What I like about my voice is that it really cannotbe duplicated,” Jones told NME in 1981. “It is what it is. I couldn’t change it in any other way. Which is good in this business.”

Shaggy Shaggy is A Superstar Grammy award winner with a voice wizkid would have shaded if they both came from Naija grin
Do you remember his hits " Girl you are my angel" and "It wasnt Me" Those are ever green songs that were released before Wizkid could be able to call "mama"

Hear what a Music magazine wrote about Shaggy

"Most of Shaggy's vocal sound is his actual voice and singing style, the effect of a deep resonant baritone pushed way up into his sinuses.

What about Bruce Springteen of the great Hit " We Are The World" Soloist
He once said " My voice was once considered a toxic before a microphone" but he never allowed negative comment debare his dream. He went on to be one of Americas Superstars and Legends.

Coming back home Nigeria

ASA is a force to recorn with in international music but she was turned down many times for her unique type of voice and today she is a star.

9ice Once Ruled Nigerian Music scene for years and yet put his voice besides Davidos voice and then yould know Davido is just tagged Frog voice Out of PURE HATE because he is already a threath to Someone who is not matured enough to be a Star.

Stars Thrive along side other Stars
Stars dont See life as a Competition
Stars live and let others live
Stars collaborate with other stars to make great impact in their world Example Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie Co-Wrote " We Are The World"
This is what we should be seeing our own stars do not Calling each others Names.

Dont be surprised when someone has a concert and comes out again and say " WE KILL SHOWS WE DONT KILL HUMANS" they will surely come up with dat someday. grin

Davido Remains A Star and No Shade Has the Power to Pull him Down

Frog Voice Toad Voice He kps making hits at will. And his fans all over the world love it like that.
Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by Holuwahphemy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
cool
Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by DozieInc(m): 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Wetin concern me.
Love both artist... but who them help?
Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
DozieInc:
Wetin concern me.
Love both artist... but who them help?

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by phintohlar(f): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
The only thing wey i gbadun for all this thing na where you mentiont banky West.. Neverknewthethew stand's x
Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by Holuwahphemy(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2017
phintohlar:
The only thing wey i gbadun for all this thing na where you mentiont banky West.. Neverknewthethew stand's x

Not west sef, it's Wellington
Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by phintohlar(f): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
Holuwahphemy:

Not west sef, it's Wellington
oh really? Thanks
Re: Why Davido Cant Be Pulled Down Because Of His Voice Type by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dear Op, Please no give yourself headache over two well-fed men.....who cares if they break their heads?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ZIP ALBUM: Brett Young – Ticket To L.A. Mp3 / Download Instrumental - Oke Suna By Ybnl Mafia Ft. Olamide / MUSIC: Kon Struction - Baby Biko (mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.