Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Can You Believe This? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can You Believe This? (636 Views)

OPINION: Which Bank Do You Believe Is The Worst In Nigeria? / Do You Believe This Guy? / Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Believe This? by Nicesoul(m): 10:13am On Feb 19, 2009
I work in IT department of one of the leading PFA in Abuja, Nigeria. Sometimes last year (November to be precised) i approached DiamondBank for a loan which they promise to give upon meeting the requirement. I met all and we agreed to on postdated check for the duration of the loan. A day after the lady came back with another story that i must open a current account with minimum of 5,000. I complied with her because i need the cash. She however told me it will take just 2 days upon approval.

A month after (December), she told me that the loan was not approved. She came out to tell me after much threat with phone calls and promise to go see the branch manager. After this, i didnt argue with her and had it in mind to close the account.

I was at the branch yesterday to close my account, firstly i checked my balance and the lady told me 3,974. I didnt argue with because i know what my plans are, there on the spot i ordered for closure of my account. The lady told me of some deductions which i agreed upon. After all the deduction, the amount to go home with is 3,215. A draft was raised in the amount in question and was asked to cash it downstairs. You wont believe the erroruesly paid me N300,215. I was shaking and had to call his attention that i am not expecting such amount. The guy was confused and quickly withdraw the cash.

I should have gone with the money because i am dam broke and needed cash. However, i realise i will put the poor dude in trouble because i know the boy is on contract and his salary might not be more than 50k. I know what banks can do for that reason i spare the guy. One mind told me i did the wright thing but the other mind said to me i bleeped up (knowing fully well how broke i am, especially now that i am going out ot job). I have not recovered from the shock because if i had gone with the money it will help a great deal but what do i stand to gain putting a fellow guy like me in trouble to enjoy the cash.

Wise nairalanders, please tell me if i have done the wright thing or wrong. Although if what i did was wrong i cant go back their and claim the money. I need to hear 4rm u.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Pin Point The Cause Of The Current Financial Crisis? / What To Do When You’re Stuck / Pork: Senators Get 60 Billion For Constituency Projects - Where Are We?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.