Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Blogging And Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging And Website (1675 Views)

What You Need To Know About Blogs And Website / My First Blogging And Blog Marketing Lesson / Blog And Website Owners One Opporturnity For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogging And Website by trem321: 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
please what is the difference between blogging and website. i hear people say linda ikeji's blog. is that not a website.pls a clear explanation in simple language if possible drop your phone so i can talk one on one thanks
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Still same..... A blogger is just a platform for building a website and Linda's is a "free" one that depends on the main one; e.g. lindaikeji..com is not same as lindaikeji.com
Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
semasir:
Still same..... A blogger is just a platform for building a website and Linda's is a "free" one that depends on the main one; e.g. lindaikeji..com is not same as lindaikeji.com

okay bro, pls stay by so i get it once and for all
okay you mean that there is . lindaikeji..com and also there is . lindaikeji.com?
so which is depending on which . pls be given more of such examples as it is helping me to understand it better thanks
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
The one depending on the .com is dependent and called a subdomain of blogger. With your own website, you can add and do your intents you want on your website unlike one depending in another where you need to abide by what is specified.
Re: Blogging And Website by ITbomb(m): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
semasir:
So if a owner gets a domain name with the same content and setup, does it means he now has a website?
Re: Blogging And Website by Rosemary216(f): 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
ITbomb:

So if a owner gets a domain name with the same content and setup, does it means he now has a website?
yup
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sure....you can move from . to your domain without loosing any of your content.

ITbomb:

Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
Thanks....been seeing your updates lately and kinda love your diaries.

Rosemary216:
yup
Re: Blogging And Website by Rosemary216(f): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
A blog z one under a hosted platform like wordpress, , blog etc. While website z ur own self hosted domain. A blog is a series of content/posts that are usually organized by date with the most recent post showing first but a website is a collection of content called web pages. Unlike a blog, the pages are not usually organized by date.
Re: Blogging And Website by Rosemary216(f): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
semasir:
Thanks....been seeing your updates lately and kinda love your diaries.

my pleasure
Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
semasir:
The one depending on the .com is dependent and called a subdomain of blogger. With your own website, you can add and do your intents you want on your website unlike one depending in another where you need to abide by what is specified.

what is domain what is subdomain. pls with example
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
Its cited already.... E.g. Linda..com is a sub domain while Linda.com is a standalone domain.

trem321:

Re: Blogging And Website by ecoheight: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blogs and Websites are not the same. They are actually different even though there exist few similarities in function.

You can spot the differences and similarities and how to create a blog or website here http://infoguidenigeria.com/the-difference-between-blog-and-website/
Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
A blog z one under a hosted platform like wordpress, , blog etc. While website z ur own self hosted domain. A blog is a series of content/posts that are usually organized by date with the most recent post showing first but a website is a collection of content called web pages. Unlike a blog, the pages are not usually organized by date.

kaii smiley, thanks a lot i'm getting it now gradually gradually. pls i understand this one very well : A blog is a series of content/posts that are usually organized by date with the most recent post showing first but a website is a collection of content called web pages. Unlike a blog, the pages are not usually organized by date.[/quote]
but that other one : website z ur own self hosted domain. is not too clear . i think what u mean is that instead of for example obi.blog.com, it will now be obi.com without that blog appearing there.i'm i correct, if otherwise pls explain
Re: Blogging And Website by ecoheight: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
trem321:

A domain is your website url e.g yourdomain.com

A sub domain is if you want to add a blog section to yur website e.g blog.yourdomain.com.

Hope this helps
Re: Blogging And Website by Rosemary216(f): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
trem321:

kaii smiley, thanks a lot i'm getting it now gradually gradually. pls i understand this one very well : A blog is a series of content/posts that are usually organized by date with the most recent post showing first but a website is a collection of content called web pages. Unlike a blog, the pages are not usually organized by date.
but that other one : website z ur own self hosted domain. is not too clear . i think what u mean is that instead of for example obi.blog.com, it will now be obi.com without that blog appearing there.i'm i correct, if otherwise pls explain
yeah. Selfhosted means hvin ur own domain no longer under a subdomain lyk obi.com and not obi.blog.com
Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
yeah. Selfhosted means hvin ur own domain no longer under a subdomain lyk obi.com and not obi.blog.com
pls give at least one or two practical example. thanks
this domain thing and subdomain is not falling out well with me pls any simpler word or phrase or explanation for it will be better for my quick comprehension thanks
Re: Blogging And Website by Dmayor7(m): 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
a blog and a website are two different things.....

A blog stands for web log and it is traditionally a web journal where you can post anything of interest to you randomly and without a specific order. it is more of a personal use than viz a viz.

A website is traditionally a static site. It is built with no intention of making random or continous changes. It is well arranged semantally and well thought out.

Look at this two sites:...

www.w3schools.com

www.Ogbongeblog.com

Notice any difference?......

But there is a current norm nowadays...

You can build a website using cms that you use in building blog like wordpress....blogger.....and some others.... Without anyone noticing it is a blog.

You can make your blog look like a website by having a static homepage.

and by including the four vital pages a website is known for which are:...

About page....

Contact page....

Home page....

Sitemap page....

A good example is....

www.w3programs.com

www.copyblogger.com

Hope i made some impact?...

Kudos...

1 Like

Re: Blogging And Website by Rosemary216(f): 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
trem321:

pls give at least one or two practical example. thanks
this domain thing and subdomain is not falling out well with me pls any simpler word or phrase or explanation for it will be better for my quick comprehension thanks
huhhhhhh. Hw much are u payin me 4 dis. Simply put, domain is ur website u are payin for, subdomain z d free one u get under blogger, wordpress etc. Example, domain is obi.com subdomain is obi.blog.com
Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=Rosemary216 post=34535237] huhhhhhh. Hw much are u payin me 4 dis. Simply put, domain is ur website u are payin for, subdomain z d free one u get under blogger, wordpress etc. Example, domain is obi.com subdomain is obi.blog.com [/

Hw much are u payin me 4 dis SO MANY THANKS OH BIKO,PLS,MBOK,DEME,KPELEE,ESHEEO ETC wink wink wink

I'M getting it now .
assuming i wanted to have a website i.e. that one to be paid for to which people,organization or group etc will i go to pay the money . also is it monthly or annually or once and for all. and i think that is what is referred to as web hosting
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
You'll definitely pay for your website and your questions I guess should be tailored to what you need. With #25,000 at least, you can get your website started to your taste.

[quote author=trem321 post=34535671][/quote]
Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
semasir:
You'll definitely pay for your website and your questions I guess should be tailored to what you need. With #25,000 at least, you can get your website started to your taste.

thanks for your time.

your questions I guess should be tailored to what you need? you mean some can be more than that #25000?
the website is just a small secondary school that i want to do it for
again that money , where do i take it to? is it mtn office or ....?
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Like I said, #25,000 at least will get you a standard website else you want to patronize those who to do it cheaper. You may think its a small sch project but your work should speak for you if you are serious about it.

trem321:

thanks for your time.

your questions I guess should be tailored to what you need? you mean some can be more than that #25000?

Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
The person to design it for you will get paid and not any network you are suggesting. When you are ready, beep me and I can help you with one if you want one

trem321:

thanks for your time.

again that money , where do i take it to? is it mtn office or ....?

Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 10:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
When you are ready, beep me and I can help you with one if you want one

how? no contact droped. isuggest u drop ur contact and once i pick it you can den delete if you dont want it there
Re: Blogging And Website by Julius2214(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Dmayor7 actually answered the question..
Difference between a blog and a website

and you're all beating about the bush
Re: Blogging And Website by bedfordng(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2015
trem321:
please what is the difference between blogging and website. i hear people say linda ikeji's blog. is that not a website.pls a clear explanation in simple language if possible drop your phone so i can talk one on one thanks
in general they are all website regardless what they are used for be it blogging, forum, niche site, ecommerce etc.they are all called website in general but the concept makes the difference.blogging is all about sharing information but you need a website to share such information.forum is a place where people discuss and share ideas and its a website.ecommerce is a site where you purchase stuffs online and its still a website.so a blog is a website, forum is a website, social media site is a website.blogging is just a way of sharing info or what you know how to do best.amazon is an ecommerce site which is a website but not blogging.so i guess you understand the concept of using website for different purpose because website is the general name as long as you have a site regardless the concept.what you used it for differentiate it from other platform such as forum, social network, ecommerce etc
Re: Blogging And Website by semasir: 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Contact is on the signature already. 08098002051 via WhatsApp/Call.

trem321:
When you are ready, beep me and I can help you with one if you want one

how? no contact droped. isuggest u drop ur contact and once i pick it you can den delete if you dont want it there
Re: Blogging And Website by Rosemary216(f): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=trem321 post=34535671][/quote]
yes, its webhosting. Dere are a lot of sites u can buy domains frm. U jst hv to choose d best dat suits u. U can choose d 1 u pay monthly or yearly, its ur choice
Re: Blogging And Website by Dmayor7(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
Julius2214:
Dmayor7 actually answered the question.. Difference between a blog and a website
and you're all beating about the bush
thanks a lot...

1 Like

Re: Blogging And Website by trem321: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
MORE CONTRIBUTIONS PLS
Re: Blogging And Website by Julius2214(m): 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
trem321:
MORE CONTRIBUTIONS PLS
If u still don't get it with all these explanations, then consult Google for help

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Sure Ways On How To Get Your Blog&sites Posts To Show On Google Search Engine / Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria: Gigalayer Webhosting Review / I Will Create A Professional Blog For You(pay After Service)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.