Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Make Money Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Make Money Blogging (17629 Views)

Uncommon Ways To Make Money Blogging / Tips On How To Make Money Blogging Like Linda Ikeji / Free Tutorial - How To Make Money Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money Blogging by trem321: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
what is blogging? is it to go to www.blog.com and open your own blog and then fill it with the information you want? or is it something more than that? pls how do people make money from their blog.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Make Money Blogging by Rosemary216(f): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
In summary. Openning a blog, havin meaningful content and traffic, advertisin on ur blog nd gettin paid. Or writtin articles for oda blogs and gettin paid.
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
In summary. Openning a blog, havin meaningful content and traffic, advertisin on ur blog nd gettin paid. Or writtin articles for oda blogs and gettin paid.
nairaland forum is it a blog? or is it a website?
i have a blog but i discover that after visitors are through with reading it and want to make one contribution,comment or ask question just like in nairaland, they are unable because there is no provision for that. how do i configure it to have room for comments. thanks

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by Dmayor7(m): 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
blogging is much more than opening a blog....
You make money througg becoming an authority in your niche.
There are many ways To implement this:..
By affiliate marketing..
By creating your own product...
By advertizing....
By freelancing....
By sponsored postings....
among others....

7 Likes

Re: Make Money Blogging by Rosemary216(f): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
trem321:

i have a blog but i discover that after visitors are through with reading it and want to make one contribution,comment or ask question just like in nairaland, they are unable because there is no provision for that. how do i configure it to have room for comments. thanks
a website. Wat bloggin platform are u usin
Re: Make Money Blogging by ecoheight: 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
I am currently looking for tech bloggers for immediately employment. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/2361850/online-freelance-tech-bloggers-needed
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Dmayor7:
blogging is much more than opening a blog....

You make money througg becoming an authority in your niche.

There are many ways To implement this:..

By affiliate marketing..

By creating your own product...

By advertizing....

By freelancing....

By sponsored postings....

among others....

correct one, thanks a lot. pls i understand how only one <out of the numerous ways you mentioned> works and that is creating your own product: i think what it means is for example if i am a shoe seller, i then use that opportunity of having a blog to tell as many as come in contact with the blog that i am selling shoe. if otherwise pls explain thanks. but those other ones pls i want you to throw small small light on how they work . i mean the affiliate marketing, freelancing,sponsored posting, etc
thanks a lot.
pls anybody is free to assist. thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Money Blogging by Dmayor7(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
trem321:

correct one, thanks a lot. pls i understand how only one <out of the numerous ways you mentioned> works and that is creating your own product: i think what it means is for example if i am a shoe seller, i then use that opportunity of having a blog to tell as many as come in contact with the blog that i am selling shoe. if otherwise pls explain thanks. but those other ones pls i want you to throw small small light on how they work . i mean the affiliate marketing, freelancing,sponsored posting, etc
thanks a lot.
pls anybody is free to assist. thanks

Affiliate marketing is basically recommending another persons product through your blog and getting a commision whenever someone buy the product through your link on your site.

Sponsored posting is a situation where a company sponsors an article or some articles of your which are related or which advertize their products and services. They pay you for writing the articles in your site. It is another way of advertizing.

Advertizing is a situation whereby an individual, group, or company approaches you and pay you for putting up their banners and adverts in your site. Advertizing can be classified into many types such as sponsored posts, cost per click, pay per click, so so so on and so forth...

You might have heard of google adsense?... It is one of those.

Now Freelancing is the art of writing well researched articles on different topics for others and being paid for it. If you are good in writing and reshearching then freelance writing is for you. N.B. I said writing because that is the most popular, but Freelancing is not limited to writer. In fact freelancing is much bigger.

You can be a freelance web designer...

A freelance graphics designer...

A freelance programmer...

A freelance virtual assistant...

A freelance anything...anything... So far you render one service or the other in exchange of money.

You can join elance.com, odesk.com, freelance.com, among many others to get visibilty and work as a freelance.

Hope it helps you?...

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
Rosemary216:
a website. Wat bloggin platform are u usin

www.blog.com
i think that is what the question you asked mean
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Dmayor7:

Affiliate marketing is basically recommending another persons product through your blog and getting a commision whenever someone buy the product through your link on your site.

Sponsored posting is a situation where a company sponsors an article or some articles of your which are related or which advertize their products and services. They pay you for writing the articles in your site. It is another way of advertizing.

Advertizing is a situation whereby an individual, group, or company approaches you and pay you for putting up their banners and adverts in your site. Advertizing can be classified into many types such as sponsored posts, cost per click, pay per click, so so so on and so forth...

Now Freelancing is the art of writing well researched articles on different topics for others and being paid for it. If you are good in writing and reshearching then freelance writing is for you. N.B. I said writing because that is the most popular, but Freelancing is not limited to writer. In fact freelancing is much bigger.

A freelance anything...anything... So far you render one service or the other in exchange of money.

You can join elance.com, odesk.com, freelance.com, among many others to get visibilty and work as a freelance.

Hope it helps you?...

thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
i have a blog but i discover that after visitors are through with reading it and want to make one contribution,comment or ask question just like in nairaland, they are unable because there is no provision for that. how do i configure it to have room for comments i.e post a reply section. thanks
Re: Make Money Blogging by bh600: 4:49am On Jun 08, 2015
Writing content on any blog or post comment is called blogging.you can read full article at http://www.bloghint.com/2014/08/what-is-blog-who-is-blogger-what-is-blogging.html
Re: Make Money Blogging by fattbabakay(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2015
trem321:
what is blogging? is it to go to www.blog.com and open your own blog and then fill it with the information you want? or is it something more than that? pls how do people make money from their blog.
U dunno what a blog is and ya already thinking of making money with it?

2 Likes

Re: Make Money Blogging by Rosemary216(f): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
trem321:

www.blog.com
i think that is what the question you asked mean
ok.. wats ur blog url?
Re: Make Money Blogging by Danyl(m): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
trem321:

are you using blogger or wordpress?
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
fattbabakay:
U dunno what a blog is and ya already thinking of making money with it?
PLS I NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTION AND NOT ANALYSIS OF ....

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 6:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
Danyl:
are you using blogger or wordpress?
BLOGGER
Re: Make Money Blogging by pallybrown(m): 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
please review my blog www.trustedng.com
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
trem321:
BLOGGER

please more contributions . is the inability of my visitors to post their comments etc is it as a result of the platform that i am sing i mean is it because i am using www.blog.com to open my blog

if i open my blog with wordpress will that problem be over? i need answers pls
Re: Make Money Blogging by fattbabakay(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
trem321:
PLS I NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTION AND NOT ANALYSIS OF ....
Juz surprised nii
Re: Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
trem321:
Enroll for my online interactive class for distance learners, use the link on my signature. Meanwhile, you can grab a free blog here: https://www.nairaland.com/2367643/get-blogger-blog-custom-domain
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dmayor7:

Hope it helps you?...

how will I get
all those stuffs you talked about to work on my blog
for example if I want to start the affiliate marketing how will I go about it. I mean, will I need to write application to Google or something. I hope you understand what I mean and so also for all those other ones you talked about -advertising, freelancing, sponsored posting etc.
thanks a lot as I expect your reply

pls any expert in this can as well help out thanks to the professionals in the house
Re: Make Money Blogging by damiloladuke: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
trem321:
go to www.teamcreate.com and read the free report on how you can make money from blogging
Re: Make Money Blogging by DjHypno(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
?
Re: Make Money Blogging by LAfricana(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
blogging is too much hard joor...

U wuld easily get discouraged expecially when traffic is low, and wen no does r coming in undecided

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
Re: Make Money Blogging by adioolayi(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tell us
Re: Make Money Blogging by Humblebloke(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ion know.... The bloggers will tell you
Re: Make Money Blogging by lonelydora: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Typing. ..
Re: Make Money Blogging by Babaneh(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Go ask Linda
Re: Make Money Blogging by Jarus(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
I think authority blogging is the surest way to making money blogging. Authority or expert blogging is one in which the blogger earns the respect and trust of readers over time and solves people's problems by offering premium services/products.

This is different from traffic-based blogging, which relies on advert. Linda Ikeji, etc are traffic-based blogs and they earn money from advert revenue.

The downside of authority blogging is, it is not for everyone. In fact, only very few people can do it. Traffic-based blogging is easier, just get traffic to your blog and you make money from adsense etc.

I run a blog that is an authority in career matters. How did it start? I started by innocently giving free career tips on Nairaland here some 7 or 8 years ago, and I realized my opinions sat well with many readers, although I never knew it would one day become I can do independently. I realized this is a skill I can convert into a venture. In 2013, I decided to open my own independent platform, to be solely based on careers. That was what led to the birth of my own platform.

I opened JarusHub in March 2013, and it hit the ground running because of the reputation (authority) I had been able to build on NL careers section over time.

We don't get much traffic (just about 1000 pageviews per day) and we rank very low on Alexa, but because of the value of our content, readers come back everyday and we are able to have loyal following, in addition to people that find us while searching Google for answers to career issues.

Today, 2 years after, what started as a blog is now a full scale career consulting startup with staff and office, while I still maintain my day job.

While all the money we have made from the blog since inception is less than my one month salary in my regular day job, I'm happy that it has established itself as a go-to site for career stuff in Nigeria and we hope to do better.

Like I said earlier, authority blogging involves establishing yourself as an expert in a field and then going ahead to offer premium services/products relating to that field. Today, the blog has earned us authority on interview matters in Nigeria and we have traveled to other parts of Nigeria (Abuja, PH) just to coach people on interviews. This last weekend, we made almost 200k in 2 days.

What started as a blog is now a full scale startup with office and employee. That is what authority blogging can do.

22 Likes

Re: Make Money Blogging by greatbaba(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
J

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form / Cultist Shot At Laspotech First Gate Area / 5 Things You Must Stop Doing To Improve Your Social Media Security.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.