Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Make Money Blogging - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Make Money Blogging (17620 Views)

Uncommon Ways To Make Money Blogging / Tips On How To Make Money Blogging Like Linda Ikeji / Free Tutorial - How To Make Money Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Money Blogging by asumo12: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
to learn!

lipsrsealed
Re: Make Money Blogging by Spells(m): 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
Com'on dude, this Question of urs can easily be answered by Google,,,,,,, this is da 21 century mehn.

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by adedayourt(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
trem321:

nairaland forum is it a blog? or is it a website?
i have a blog but i discover that after visitors are through with reading it and want to make one contribution,comment or ask question just like in nairaland, they are unable because there is no provision for that. how do i configure it to have room for comments. thanks

I SURE SEY SEUN GO DEY READ UR POST DEY smiley smiley smiley WIT GLASS OF WINE FR HAND
Re: Make Money Blogging by ikombe: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Rosemary216:
In summary. Openning a blog, havin meaningful content and traffic, advertisin on ur blog nd gettin paid. Or writtin articles for oda blogs and gettin paid.
your blog is eating my MB badly grin
Re: Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Adverts
Re: Make Money Blogging by ipreach: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
how can i really make money through my blog?

check my signature and tell me through MENTION
Re: Make Money Blogging by Boxer007(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
trem321:

i have a blog but i discover that after visitors are through with reading it and want to make one contribution,comment or ask question just like in nairaland, they are unable because there is no provision for that. how do i configure it to have room for comments. thanks

Hi boo boo
Re: Make Money Blogging by mrbillz(m): 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
Here to learn
Re: Make Money Blogging by AreaFada2: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
cool
Re: Make Money Blogging by DanWrites(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
We make our most money from sale of our eBooks.
The most important thing, I think, is to create an outstanding product. People will keep referring others.
www.dnbstories.com

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by Superstar007(m): 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
What do you want to know exactly?
First let's look at the meaning of a blog
"A blog is a frequently updated online
personal journal or diary. It is a
place to express yourself to the
world. A place to share your thoughts
and your passions. Really, it’s
anything you want it to be. For our
purposes we’ll say that a blog is your
own website that you are going to
update on an ongoing basis. Blog is a
short form for the word weblog and
the two words are used
interchangeably."

So, literally, blogging is the act of writing a blog.
You can write about anything that fascinates you, be it movies, games, music, books, just anything even if it's about eating food. Before you set out to start a blog, you have to know where your interest lies so you won't end up being frustrated doing what you don't like. Once you know that, this brings us to the idea of a niche, a niche is basically the area you specialize in. In the blogosphere, there are several niches, the most common ones being Entertainment, News, Fashion, Technology, and the likes. Identifying the niche you fit in shouldn't be hard once you know your area of specialization.

Now, to setting up your blog.
There are two major blogging platforms, Blogger and WordPress. With blogger, everything is absolutely free and you don't have to pay for anything as Google is in charge although you may have to purchase a custom domain name which I will mention later on. The only downside to this platform is that you are not totally in control of your site as Google can take down your blog anytime and it isn't really customizable. Whereas in WordPress, the reverse is the case, you are in total charge of everything including hosting, security, and it's much more customizable.

BRB.

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by dhsfbi(m): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
It's easy, launch a blog on what you know well, drive traffic to it and place ads on it.
Re: Make Money Blogging by DBlackCeazer(m): 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
I ll like to own a tech blog more like fixit.com, where you'll help people fix technical faults and ideas for tech projects ota. I am vast with electronics and believe it ll generate the needed traffic, can someone please put me thru, or possibly be my partner,I ll really appreciate a positive reply.
Re: Make Money Blogging by onatisi(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
The truth is ,if you start a blog with the intention and objective of making money through it , YOU WON'T MAKE A DIME!!!!!! When u open a blog ,make sure the intent of making money isn't there, let it be because u really want to share and disseminate some information ,it is this objective that will spurn and push you to make ur blog up to date and very good. The money will come later when ppl see the quality of materials u have on ur blog.

2 Likes

Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
MORE INSIGHTS PLS
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
adedayourt:

I SURE SEY SEUN GO DEY READ UR POST DEY smiley smiley smiley WIT GLASS OF WINE FR HAND
grin
adedayourt:

Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
SUPERSTAR THANKS A LOT PLS CONTINUE WE ARE FOLLOWING
Re: Make Money Blogging by mcmbonu: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
I think this site will help you to start earnimg more money from you blog

Just go to www.sulfera.com and read the free report on the blogging section
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
dhsfbi:
It's easy, launch a blog on what you know well, drive traffic to it and place ads on it.
HOW DO I PLACE THE ADVERTS
Re: Make Money Blogging by Rosemary216(f): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
ikombe:
your blog is eating my MB badly grin
hahaha.... tongue tongue
Re: Make Money Blogging by adedayourt(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
trem321:
grin

BEST OF LUCK ON D BLOG TIN BROV
Re: Make Money Blogging by PrinceRondo: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
who will pay u
Re: Make Money Blogging by bamac(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
trem321:
i have a blog but i discover that after visitors are through with reading it and want to make one contribution,comment or ask question just like in nairaland, they are unable because there is no provision for that. how do i configure it to have room for comments i.e post a reply section. thanks
Let me share one trick i am using against blogger vs comment. Wheneva i make any new post i update the facebook page of my blog then copy the comment link of that post on my facebook page. i wl then go bak to that post on blog and edit it to have that comment link so that people can use it to make their comment. Visit any post on http://bamisepeters..com and chek out wat am saying...

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by ibietela2(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
[b]
Dmayor7:

Affiliate marketing is basically recommending another persons product through your blog and getting a commision whenever someone buy the product through your link on your site.

Sponsored posting is a situation where a company sponsors an article or some articles of your which are related or which advertize their products and services. They pay you for writing the articles in your site. It is another way of advertizing.

Advertizing is a situation whereby an individual, group, or company approaches you and pay you for putting up their banners and adverts in your site. Advertizing can be classified into many types such as sponsored posts, cost per click, pay per click, so so so on and so forth...

You might have heard of google adsense?... It is one of those.

Now Freelancing is the art of writing well researched articles on different topics for others and being paid for it. If you are good in writing and reshearching then freelance writing is for you. N.B. I said writing because that is the most popular, but Freelancing is not limited to writer. In fact freelancing is much bigger.

You can be a freelance web designer...

A freelance graphics designer...

A freelance programmer...

A freelance virtual assistant...

A freelance anything...anything... So far you render one service or the other in exchange of money.

You can join elance.com, odesk.com, freelance.com, among many others to get visibilty and work as a freelance.

Hope it helps you?...
[/b]

You did well, i make money from all except freelance

2 Likes

Re: Make Money Blogging by virus04(m): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
trem321:

mehn..if ur talent no be consine computer..go rest..lol..if i start to explain ur head go scatter..nairaland is using joomla..it has all dose features..am sure u r using .com ;-D
Re: Make Money Blogging by jezsie: 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
good
Re: Make Money Blogging by charlsecy(m): 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Re: Make Money Blogging by windgold: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nice Thread, thanks to all those who has explained, I learnt alot.
Re: Make Money Blogging by trem321: 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
virus04:
mehn..if ur talent no be consine computer..go rest..lol..if i start to explain ur head go scatter..nairaland is using joomla..it has all dose features..am sure u r using .com ;-D

Rome was not built in a day. pls start somewhere

1 Like

Re: Make Money Blogging by onatisi(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Most of the websites making money today never started as a business venture . Rather they all started as an hobby or pet project of the owner ,but when ppl took to it ,the money started rolling in. Never start an online project to make money, rather find the need of ppl and address it ,look at instagram,facebook and many others. Start a project and keep developing it ,ur desire to make it work will give u ideas about how to improve it . And ppl will notice it.
Re: Make Money Blogging by simdam500(m): 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
Superstar007: What do you want to know exactly?
First let's look at the meaning of a blog
"A blog is a frequently updated online
personal journal or diary. It is a
place to express yourself to the
world. A place to share your thoughts
and your passions. Really, it’s
anything you want it to be. For our
purposes we’ll say that a blog is your
own website that you are going to
update on an ongoing basis. Blog is a
short form for the word weblog and
the two words are used
interchangeably."

So, literally, blogging is the act of writing a blog.
You can write about anything that fascinates you, be it movies, games, music, books, just anything even if it's about eating food. Before you set out to start a blog, you have to know where your interest lies so you won't end up being frustrated doing what you don't like. Once you know that, this brings us to the idea of a niche, a niche is basically the area you specialize in. In the blogosphere, there are several niches, the most common ones being Entertainment, News, Fashion, Technology, and the likes. Identifying the niche you fit in shouldn't be hard once you know your area of specialization.

Now, to setting up your blog.
There are two major blogging platforms, Blogger and WordPress. With blogger, everything is absolutely free and you don't have to pay for anything as Google is in charge although you may have to purchase a custom domain name which I will mention later on. The only downside to this platform is that you are not totally in control of your site as Google can take down your blog anytime and it isn't really customizable. Whereas in WordPress, the reverse is the case, you are in total charge of everything including hosting, security, and it's much more customizable.

BRB.

Waiting smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cultist Shot At Laspotech First Gate Area / 5 Things You Must Stop Doing To Improve Your Social Media Security. / Internet Faceless Forum Aren't As Faceless As It Seems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.