Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Jamb Reg Wahala - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Jamb Reg Wahala (1817 Views)

Jamb Reg 2016 / Jamb Reg 2016 / Joomla Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb Reg Wahala by cyberomin(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2009
Fellow Nairalanders, i greet you all, can u all imagine i have been trying to register my siblings for the past two weeks in the forth coming JAMB, but all to no avail, can somebody talk to Sidmac Technologies, that the should work on that thing they call a portal, if not if i loose 8k for 2 forms, i no go hear sorry oh!.
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
lol, Incase you need fighting tools, I have them for rent. grin grin grin
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2009
"Funny!" what about NECO?
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by webguru(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2009
try using vtunnel.com to access the site

It works for busy sites
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by ztyle(m): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2009
I hope this guyz work on this problem, BTW we have alot of professional webmasters in Nigeria why then all this?
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by yawatide(f): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2009
zstyle,

Because they are professional tongue

Why pay "a fortune" for a professional when you can get one of these much cheaper?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235101.0.html

Seems like a legitimate question to ask, to me cool
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by ztyle(m): 12:41am On Feb 25, 2009
yawa i concur, . . Kia bad government embarassed
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by webguru(m): 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2009
Hey, those guys tried for them to maintain such a huge site,

Its the traffic and the fact that they may want to host the servers themselves for security purposes.

This problem happens a lot with facebook also.

Big ups to Jamb programmers, they're really making the dough.

Do u know they have offline registration software?
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by ztyle(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2009
Do u know they have offline registration software?
.  .then why the website stress? this guyz are wicked to be frank.
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by dani1luv: 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2009
Poster I have been trying to register my siblings jamb stuff too when i was stil in 9ja ystrdy

But in UK seems we having the same problem
undecided
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by ztyle(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2009
dani1luv:

Poster I have been trying to register my siblings jamb stuff too when i was stil in 9ja ystrdy

But in UK seems we having the same problem
undecided
. . .Dan what are u doinq in my section, wat happen to Joke section? anyway u seem to be depress about this jamb issue, see they're bunch of scrap. yeye ppl.
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by dani1luv: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2009
ztyle:

. . .Dan what are u doinq in my section, wat happen to Joke section? anyway u seem to be depress about this jamb issue, see they're bunch of scrap. yeye ppl.

Nurrinq just felt like coming to the webmasters section? I may stick here for a lil while

About this jamb
i tot it would be a lilbit fair in Uk but itz dsame prob.

Gawd I just feel like closing down JAMB
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by cyberomin(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2009
Close down JAMB, hehehe u want commot person garri for mouth out stone, any way i solved mine. shocked
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2009
I dont know how to help on this,what do you really need dude? cry
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by wendoworld(m): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2009
pls guys i have been trying to register since but its not going, i cant find any of lagos town of exam, i dont know wats happening pls can someone explain to me why there is no exam town for lagos? pls it is urgent ooo
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
im not in Lagos and i would have been in a good place to help.,if really it is so urgent like you said i think its time to start searching for any like_minded persons .
Best of Luck . . . .
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Mustay(m): 11:30pm On Mar 08, 2009
Why are we so quick to blame "ijamba"?

Sensing the population of applicants, this is not the first time the webmasters have done this project. What if there are several thousands connectiong to the site at the same time? Heavy Load?

The poster is not explicit anyway and neither did he give a feedback.
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by yawatide(f): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
If it is heavy load, then the web developers should have included load testing as part of the project. I mean, I bet CNN.com has more visitors than the jamb site yet on inauguration day, I was able to watch Obama being sworn in via video stream on their site and it was flawless. How many visitors do you think the jamb site gets on its highest day?
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Mustay(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2009
How interactive or dynamic is cnn's site on a non-obama day? Prior to e-reg, how many million students apply for jamb form? How many were rejected? Anyway, the data provided by this poster is inadequate.
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by nitation(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2009
I strongly disagree with you MUSTAY. As Yawa has pointed, If a national website like JAMB is not considering the fact that millions of candidates are gonna be throwing traffic on it so called website, then they don't worth to be around this planet. I remembered then, while I was helping a friend to check his WAEC result, It took me 48hrs to get the pin and serial number inputted. What a pile of shit!!

The look and feel of the website is Jargon and I will say it to whoever that is willing to listen. The security of the website is 0 and am not willing to go about defacing it now. As I have better things to do with my time.

- nitation
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Mustay(m): 6:44am On Mar 10, 2009
No. We're refering to jamb of today. Whatever happened yesterday is not my business. I believe not that submitting a form no matter how slow it is (even dial up) will take days. Jamb is no holy moses. Moreover, their budget is determined by the ministry of education. Students and candidates will continue to complain about portals as long as they have little knowledge on how this things work.
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by nitation(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2009
@ Mustay,

Are you saying the development of JAMBNG is satisfactory to you as a developer??

- nitation
Re: Jamb Reg Wahala by Mustay(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2009
NO.

I'm simply saying students complain at the slightest problem!

The more reason why i want(ed) this poster to be explicit.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Install SA Facebook Mod In Smf Forum? / Difficulty Using Google Search Engine. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.