Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says (242 Views)

Ignatius Akpabio Wins British Petroleum Prize Award For Best Project (Photo) / Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2015
Private universities in Nigeria are better than public ones, a former state governor has said.
Godswill Akpabio, who governed oil rich Akwa Ibom State for 8 years, stated this on Sunday at the 13th undergraduate and 14th postgraduate convocation of Babcock University.
The immediate past Akwa Ibom governor was awarded a honourary doctorate degree in Global Economic Development by the university at the event held at the university stadium,Ilishan in Ogun State.
“I want to say here that private universities are better than the other universities and I want to also say that when graduate(s) of privately owned universities present their certificates,they have more opportunities to be considered for employment,” the governor said without providing any evidence for his statement or stating why he could not make the Akwa Ibom State University as good as its private counterparts for the eight years he ruled the state.
Mr. Akpabio also advised the graduating students to be responsible ambassadors of the university especially as their university is owned by a church.
“Ensure you turn out to be good products of the university. Allow God to go with you; in your future allow God to be with you,” he said. “I remain the only governor in Nigeria who drew his people to God. I have the largest choir in the country called Governor Akpabio Unity Choir.”
The former governor listed the achievements of his administration to include a state e-library, road construction and a standard stadium.
He said he agreed to accept the award because of the respect he has for the university, as he had rejected similar offers by other universities.
“I received Babcock University award because its foundation is built on God,” he said while stating that he did not lobby for the award.
The university graduated 1,416 students at the ceremony, including popular hip-hop singer, Davido, and Ikenna Ntomchukwu, son of Ogun State Commissioner of Police.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184498-private-nigerian-universities-better-than-public-ones-ex-governor-akpabio-says.html
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by mormoni(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2015
Ok, he has made his point
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Princecalm(m): 8:15am On Jun 08, 2015
disappointing, a former governor make such statement.

(1) (Reply)

Ijebu-ode School Of Nursing Admission Form For 2015/16 Is Currently On Sale. Con / Igbinedion University Post-utme Form For 2015/16 Is On.o8149623711 / LANDMARK UNIVERSITY Post Utme And Direct Entry Form Is Out Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.