Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 (67631 Views)

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) / U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by musulumi(m): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
We have so many mathematicians in Nigeria, so I believe their + and - knowledge will help us to qualify

What next after qualification ??
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by phlio(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

But if your choice is not working shouldn't you consider a change? Nigerians have been praying to the Christian/Muslim God since the days the white people were running our governments directly. Yet the white people are prospering in EVERY way and Nigerians are suffering and dying in their millions? Self reflection is important in life - and if your enemy give you a gift that he does not use himself then maybe your enemy gave you a bad gift to make you inferior to him.
bro i understand u.tout of it as well .....is only someone who has tasted God truly to that knows how sweet as delious God is.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by UpLoyo: 12:01am On Jun 15, 2015
The best the girls could ever hope for is a draw against the US and that will never happen. They are in for a serious a.ss whopping. They blew their chances losing their last game and made their comeback against Sweden meaningless. It's that simple it's over.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by ENDTIMES: 12:04am On Jun 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
It always amuses me how Nigerian players and their fans ALWAYS pray to God for victory before any football match and yet they almost ALWAYS get defeated by countries who don't even believe in God. 56% of Germans don't believe in God, when Nigeria plays Germany Nigerian players pray to God and still get defeated by the atheist Germans. 82% of Swedes don't believe in God YET Nigeria (with all the prayer and 'nacking' their heads to the ground)
could only manage a 3-3 draw against them and celebrating like they won something. Nigerians lets ask ourselves some serious questions about God and football:

1. Germany is the current world cup champion - when was the last time you heard the German coach mention God in any of his press conference?
2. Spain was the former Champion - when was the last time you heard the Spain coach/technical team mention God?
3. Messi/Ronaldo are the best players in the world - when was the last time you heard any of them mention God?

In general, lets ask ourselves some serious questions about God and reality:
1. Bill Gates is one of the richest men in the world - when was the last time you heard in mention God?
2. Denmark, Norway and Sweden - have the highest standard of living in the world and they are mostly atheists. What has God gotta do with it?

You never mentioned Brazil in all your analysis or neymar that was tying "Jesus" bandana just last week after Barcelona won champions league.

We pray no matter the circumstances.

Prayer is for thanksgiving and submission to God, it doesn't matter if our wishes are not granted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by permsec: 12:10am On Jun 15, 2015
Homecoming/ceremonial match for the super pepeye of naija. Yeye babes!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by ENDTIMES: 12:13am On Jun 15, 2015
femi4:
That's Mathematics. What you mean is that our destiny is in our hand

"Mathematical" is when you depend on the result of other teams to qualify, otherwise the chances of the four teams in the group are mathematical. For eg, USA needs to get a draw or avoid a defeat with two goals to qualify.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by femi4: 12:32am On Jun 15, 2015
ENDTIMES:

[s]"Mathematical" is when you depend on the result of other teams[/s] to qualify, otherwise the chances of the four teams in the group are mathematical. For eg, USA needs to get a draw or avoid a defeat with two goals to qualify.
Wrong!
You can also depend on your own result. E.g A draw against USA,pts total = 2
A win against USA, pts total =4
Is that not mathematics?
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Bonapart(m): 12:50am On Jun 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
It always amuses me how Nigerian players and their fans ALWAYS pray to God for victory before any football match and yet they almost ALWAYS get defeated by countries who don't even believe in God. 56% of Germans don't believe in God, when Nigeria plays Germany Nigerian players pray to God and still get defeated by the atheist Germans. 82% of Swedes don't believe in God YET Nigeria (with all the prayer and 'nacking' their heads to the ground) could only manage a 3-3 draw against them and celebrating like they won something. Nigerians lets ask ourselves some serious questions about God and football:

1. Germany is the current world cup champion - when was the last time you heard the German coach mention God in any of his press conference?
2. Spain was the former Champion - when was the last time you heard the Spain coach/technical team mention God?
3. Messi/Ronaldo are the best players in the world - when was the last time you heard any of them mention God?

1. Bill Gates is one of the richest men in the world - when was the last time you heard in mention God?
2. Denmark, Norway and Sweden - have the highest standard of living in the world and they are mostly atheists. What has God gotta do with it?
the same way the rich man ended up in hell with all his wealth prosperity and lazarus remain in Heaven till this day.
1timothy 6:5... gain is not godliness
And let me warn you, if you do not believe in God that's fine but don't try to talk people out of believing in God cos that's where the danger lies....thank you and don't bother to quote me
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Bonapart(m): 12:52am On Jun 15, 2015
permsec:
Homecoming/ceremonial match for the super pepeye of naija. Yeye babes!
them fall our hands

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by permsec: 12:58am On Jun 15, 2015
Bonapart:
them fall our hands
I dey tell u bro, naija football is gradualy going into oblivion.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by adebisiolumide5(m): 1:06am On Jun 15, 2015
No... I aint wattching... I rather watch Courtney DIke twerk!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by phlio(m): 1:12am On Jun 15, 2015
dem never start
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Its all over for falcons. I am nt a pessimist. Am trying to be realistic. Noting is impossible in football not wen d present falcons r playing ds USWST.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by exemen: 1:22am On Jun 15, 2015
i pray NIG SHOULD WIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Nobody: 1:26am On Jun 15, 2015
U r spot on!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by seyilee(m): 1:34am On Jun 15, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] enters thread,reads comments,prays for super falcons tu win,leaves thread
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 15, 2015
It is going to be an easy win for USA. I am not dissing my Nigerian girls.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Progress2468(m): 2:48am On Jun 15, 2015
We will play the Americans very well but we will eventually not qualify, and we will praise the girls and say they tried.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by TosineGuy(m): 3:15am On Jun 15, 2015
I'm new on Nairaland. Let's do the maths for the Falcons. Sweden has 2 points, Australia has 3points, USA has 6 points. Naija get 1 point. If we beat USA, we will have 4 points. If a victory is recorded in the other match, then that winning team and USA will qualify. If Australia gets a draw, we maybe still not qualify. Our chances are slim.lets hope for the best.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Emilokoiyawon: 3:43am On Jun 15, 2015
Bonapart:
the same way the rich man ended up in hell with all his wealth prosperity and lazarus remain in Heaven till this day.
1timothy 6:5... gain is not godliness
And let me warn you, if you do not believe in God that's fine but don't try to talk people out of believing in God cos that's where the danger lies....thank you and don't bother to quote me

Danger in sharing my views? What is this? Sharia Republic? or Nairaland? You are not serious - I reserve the right to share my opinions just like you do here on Nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Menace2Society(m): 3:52am On Jun 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

Danger in sharing my views? What is this? Sharia Republic? or Nairaland? You are not serious - I reserve the right to share my opinions just like you do here on Nairaland.
U dey mind that cretin undecided wetin concern God with football?USA will beat Nigeria mercilessly

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Emilokoiyawon: 4:00am On Jun 15, 2015
ENDTIMES:

You never mentioned Brazil in all your analysis or neymar that was tying "Jesus" bandana just last week after Barcelona won champions league.

We pray no matter the circumstances.

Prayer is for thanksgiving and submission to God, it doesn't matter if our wishes are not granted.

No need to mention Neymar since the best player in Barcelona, Messi, does not go around tying "Jesus" bandana over his head.

If these Nigerian players/coaches see prayer "...for just thanksgiving and submission to God,..." then our National teams and players would be doing better. However, you and I know that most of these people somehow think that if they pray hard enough God will take their side against their opponents. In fact some of them like coach Okon completely rely on God for results without any obvious tactical strategy. This type of mentality has ruined our economy and its no surprise its gonna ruin our football. You know how politicians and pastors always tell Nigerians to pray for the country and yet these politicians, for the most part, are incapable of doing some of the basic things that are necessary for Nigerians to have decent living - like pipe borne water, electricity and safety. My point is the countries that are not praying are getting the job done and delivering for their citizens. So what excuse do our politicians, coaches, leaders etc. have when they are unable to deliver basic results? Its obvious that prayer does not get the job done - so why spend all your time praying instead of committing your efforts to thinking/reasoning, planning and executing? That is what other people are doing to get results - learn from others and keep your spiritual business in your private homes. Even Jesus said those who pray in public and try to show everybody that they are godly will not have their prayers answered. Perhaps that is the problem with Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Emilokoiyawon: 4:08am On Jun 15, 2015
Menace2Society:
U dey mind that cretin undecided wetin concern God with football?USA will beat Nigeria mercilessly

My brother na so dem dey. If Naija win na God. If Naija lose na bad coach. Which kind thinking be dat? When are they gonna grow up to understand that to increase your chances of success in any endeavor in life you have to prepare and work hard? You never hear the American coach mention God one time but they are probably a sure in for the 2nd round. Meanwhile our own Okon is vomiting God's name every time he opens his mouth; he dey even nack head for ground after every goal and he dey lead praise worship before games? Haba -even Jesus say those wey dey pray for public make everybody see dem God no go answer their prayer.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Emilokoiyawon: 4:24am On Jun 15, 2015
phlio:
bro i understand u.tout of it as well .....is only someone who has tasted God truly to that knows how sweet as delious God is.

My brother no offense but millions of Nigerians are suffering - you really think those Nigerians don't know and pray to God? Abeg lets be honest as Nigerians and stop fooling ourselves. If praying to God makes things better Nigerians will by now have the highest standard of living on the entire planet. All the evidence throughout history makes it clear that building a nation takes proper thinking/reasoning, proper planning and proper execution. No amount of prayer can substitute for that. Unfortunately, the mentality in Nigeria when we have a problem we should pray and God will solve it. Meanwhile the white people teach their children when you have a problem do the following:

1. think about the problem. 2. locate the source of the problem. 3. think about a possible solution. 4. Apply the solution.5. If the problem persist start from step 1 and try again. That is why despite the fact that they are less likely to even believe that God exist, their societies will continue to prosper while our mentality will continue to give us results like Boko Haram, no piper borne water, no electricity, no security, poverty, women dying in thousands during child birth etc. Lets adapt so that we can survive - ability to think is far more valuable than ability to pray.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 15, 2015
Referee: Kateryna Monzul (UKR)
Assistant referees: Natalia Rachynska (UKR), Sanja Rodak (CRO)
Fourth Official: Rita Gani(MAS)
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 15, 2015
FIFA have suspended Nigeria defender, Ugo Njoku for 3 matches for elbowing Australia's Samantha Kerr.
Njoku was also fined $3,200.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Waste of tym and sacrifice of sleep over a match they can't get a draw talk more of winning.
Mba not me. I wil read the scores in d mornin here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by kobonaire(m): 5:24am On Jun 15, 2015
Naturally the Americans are the favorites but I would like to see the Nigerian Falcons give the same effort and attacking spirit they had in their 1st game against the Swedes, sadly missing in game 2 against the aussies. This was definitely the 'group of death' and so if we come away with even 2 points from 3 games it is a fair performance overall for the WWC.
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by kobonaire(m): 5:26am On Jun 15, 2015
CFCfan:
FIFA have suspended Nigeria defender, Ugo Njoku for 3 matches for elbowing Australia's Samantha Kerr.
Njoku was also fined $3,200.
Oh snaps .... that's a lot!
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by kobonaire(m): 5:39am On Jun 15, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:
It always amuses me how Nigerian players and their fans ALWAYS pray to God for victory before any football match and yet they almost ALWAYS get defeated by countries who don't even believe in God. 56% of Germans don't believe in God, when Nigeria plays Germany Nigerian players pray to God and still get defeated by the atheist Germans. 82% of Swedes don't believe in God YET Nigeria (with all the prayer and 'nacking' their heads to the ground) could only manage a 3-3 draw against them and celebrating like they won something. Nigerians lets ask ourselves some serious questions about God and football:

Funny guy ... but you know Nigeria is a spiritual country .... You pray to get richer and instead the next day you may get robbed, at gun point, of all your money .... you then pray again in thanks that at least your life was spared grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by arsenal1111(m): 5:42am On Jun 15, 2015
I just pray they turn tins arnd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Arsenal & Chelsea: This Picture Of 4 Ladies Got People Talking On Twitter / Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.