Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 (67632 Views)

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) / U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by jidebaba69(m): 10:17am On Jun 18, 2015
Ganoderma:

I'm with you on this one.

I used to be in support of giving the indigenous coaches a chance to do their jobs. It is still the best option, but only when there is a significant level of tactical and technical intelligence.

The current crop of coaches we have, have consistently failed in that regard.

Our girls had what it takes to have qualified from this group in terms of skills. I saw it in the match against Sweden and it was also on parade against Australia. It even showed up against USA. But while physical and raw skills got them a result against Sweden, it was the Coach's tactical and technical ineptitude that cost us those two matches.

USA did not walk Nigeria over. Infact the girls held them on. But the girls failed miserably in their cohesion, shape, transition and execution. They were just scattered across the field with no direction. That was the fault of the coach.

I'm beginning to also think that we should try female coaches fro the ladies if we can find. I have a haunch that the many of the girls were probably close to or in that time of the month.

You're absolutely right. The thing is that it really hurts when you can see the raw potential in a team that totally lacking in shape or tactics.
NFA should open their eyes and get good foreign coaches for this team and I am certain that we will see a much improved team because if we continue with the present set-up there will be no improvement.
We will countinue to be local champions. We need to be more ambitious to move to the next level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by freesinzu(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2015
gbens2000:
are u a nigerian : angry undecided

Did i nt say it
Re: Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 by Duru1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2015
The problem of soccer development in Nigeria hangs on one word, thus, Nigeria. There are no organization, preparation and welfare. I watched the girls play very tentatively because they are trying very hard to avoid injuries especially players with foreign clubs. I do not blame them because Nigeria is a hopeless country that will abandon the players if injuries had to prevent them from earning livelihood within their respective clubs.

There is no sign of organizational acumen in Nigeria. It is mind-boggling that Nigerian Football Federation has done nothing about poor and discriminatory officiating by European, North American and Australian referees against Nigerian teams. I guessed by now Nigeria had seriously knocked on the door of the disciplinary committee of FIFA and complain about the abuse of Nigerian teams by the idiotic and biased referees from the countries of aforementioned regions.

The truth must be told though that Nigeria did not prepare for this tournament. Most countries in the on-going FIFA games started preparation immediately after group’s drawing in Canada. Nigeria did not assemble the players until last month. Yet the jokers expected to go beyond the group stage of the tournament. It is needless to dabble into the area of continuity because a country such as Nigeria that lacked any form of organizational skills and discipline cannot be mentioned in the sentence with continuity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Arsenal & Chelsea: This Picture Of 4 Ladies Got People Talking On Twitter / Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.