Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector (2025 Views)

My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly / EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Hands On Review- By Ahmadjr / The Much Awaited Elephone P7000 Pioneer Presales Begin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
There are a lot of $200 phones in the market and the competition is intense in this price range. Elephone are trying to make an impressively designed phone, and now they achieved a new level of premium design. Now you have a smartphone that’s well worth waiting for. The display aspect ratio is obviously high enough, almost frameless on the sides. The metal-rimmed Elephone P7000 Pioneer looks sharp and catchy. The speaker is located at the bottom of the phone, which has better sound experience than rear speaker. It has an iPhone like touch fingerprint ID on the back below the camera. No more scans, but one touch. The touch ID will recognize your fingerprint from any aspect as it’s a 360 degree identifier.

What seemed to be eternal wait for all, coupled with leaks, upgrades, rumors, teasers, disappointments mixed with expectations has finally and thankfully come to an end. As they say, so long the outcome turns out beautiful, who cares about the wait! And believe me, this outcome is a Gem in d form of the Elephone P7000 Pioneer .

Before going into further details, let me take a quick recap over the Specs; the phone has a 5.5-inch Gorilla® Glass 3 covered FHD display with 1920×1080 pixel resolution! churning out a decent 400ppi; It is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6752 processor, running Android 5.0 Lollipop OS (with an option to run MIUI, Flyme, Freeme OS, EMUI) 3GB RAM, 16GB on-board storage, dual SIM, a micro SD slot (up to 64GB), 5MP front camera, 13 mega-pixel rear camera with a Sony IMX214 sensor, a lovely home button with an integrated breathing light (notification light) an impressive 3450mAh removable battery and a rear mounted fingerprint scanner “Press Touch ID” similar to that on the iPhone 6!

The phone has impressed me in every aspect so far, especially with its design and metal frame which not only gives it an expensive feel but grants protection too. I must say that it sits surprisingly well in d hand for a 5.5-inch.

The Elephone P7000 Pioneer is powered by the Mediatek MT6752 SoC and 3GB of RAM. This 64-bit Soc boasts eight ARM Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.7GHz and a Mali T760 GPU, which makes that SoC quite a power-house, outperforming the Snapdragon 615. The MT6752 is starting to build a sort of a reputation for being one of the most power efficient MediaTek chips out there; that combined with the 3450mAh battery of the P7000, we’re looking at a battery life of more than an average day.

I haven’t really spent a lot of time with this phone yet, but from what I can see, the performance is Top notch! Image quality of the 13MP shooter is quite impressive and the lovely fingerprint touch ID works flawlessly. Battery life so far seems pretty good and the phone hasn’t shown signs of heating up.

Overall the phone looks and feels like a quality device… one that a company with global ambitions would make.

Enough talk then! let’s unbox this lovely beastly device of a thing and see how good it stands in front of the competition.

http://techlector.com/exclusive-elephone-p7000-pioneer-hands-on-review/
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
Please let me know how interested you are in this Awesome Review
Who is with me for the FULL REVIEW?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by s3nn2x(m): 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2015
Go on...

Would like to know which one is better...Elephone P7000 or Jaiyu S3 Advance.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by Youngzedd(m): 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
s3nn2x:
Go on...

Go for Jiayu S3 Advance.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
I will updates you guys 1st thing tomorrow morning
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by ebrahym(m): 6:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Youngzedd:

Go for Jiayu S3 Advance.

Why sir?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2015
Elephone P7000 review: Unboxing

Well, we ordered this device indirectly through Jeffy1206 who happens to be a really trustworthy reseller on Nairaland… Thanks man!

The P7000 comes in a somewhat gray box (if I still know my colors well) which opens in a drawer-like way unlike the slide to open boxes we’re used to. On the top of the box is an inscription “open the box to get surprised.” Well I promise you, it’s a good surprise.

Inside the box you find a Tempered Glass, this usually costs more than N1,500, a screen protector film, a flip cover matching the color of the device, a USB cable, a wall charger and the P7000 which are well arranged in the wide gray box. I was a bit disappointed not finding an earpiece nor an OTG cable in this package.

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Youngzedd:

Go for Jiayu S3 Advance.

Come on..... what is it that is special about the Jiayu S3....
Dont worry, by the time i am true with the Full Review of the Elephone P7000... and jump to Jiayu S3, you will see a huge differences
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 6:58am On Jun 09, 2015
s3nn2x:
Go on...

I wont answer that question now... let me finish with this.... and you will answer that your self cheesy
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by Youngzedd(m): 7:21am On Jun 09, 2015
TechLector:

Come on..... what is it that is special about the Jiayu S3....
Dont worry, by the time i am true with the Full Review of the Elephone P7000... and jump to Jiayu S3, you will see a huge differences

Jiayu is no match to Elephone company.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by Prestige324: 9:07am On Jun 09, 2015
Watch "Elephone P7000 Gold & White version" on YouTube - Elephone P7000 Gold & White version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySW9q4qYgJA

This phone is awesome. Very sweet phone. And many people are still ordering it.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2015
Prestige324:
Watch "Elephone P7000 Gold & White version" on YouTube - Elephone P7000 Gold & White version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySW9q4qYgJA

This phone is awesome. Very sweet phone. And many people are still ordering it.

SWEET you say is there no other word LET ME THINK
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2015
Elephone P7000 review: Design and build

Elephone have been clever with the design of this Phablet I must say. It has this iPhone-like look which is really pretty.

If you look at current design trends for thinner bodies and narrower overall widths you could pick apart the P7000 for being a little bit chunkier than other devices, but why would you when it feels so comfortable and well made?

The P7000 features aesthetic design with a capacitive home button (breathing light) along the chin which serves as the dedicated notification light and yes it’s an RGB unit (so you can choose the color you prefer). There’s also a back and menu capacitive button along the chin, but these do not light up. It’s kind of nice that way.

Taking a tour around the exterior of the P7000 I found no odd joints or badly fitted components, and all the usual parts are where I expected to find them. A metal chassis (frame) sits round the edges of the phone, with precise cut-outs for a 3.5mm earphone jack and USB port at the top, power button by the right and volume rocker by the left side with machine-drilled holes at the bottom edge for the speaker. There are no SIM trays along the side as the rear cover is in fact removable.

The rear cover is pretty flexible and looks to be made out of good quality plastic. It can be a little cumbersome to pry it out, but that’s a good thing I think, after all you don’t want it to come off or anything after every drop. Mine is already having a bit of a scratch around the designated hole for opening the rear cover, nothing alarming though.

Inside, there’s space for a 3450mAh battery and 2 SIMs along with a MicroSD card. The rear is also where you will find the 13 mega-pixel SONY IMX214 camera and single LED flash by the side.

Just below the camera is the second most exciting feature of this phone for me- the rear Finger print scanner featuring “Touch ID” instead of the native swipe. It is as fast if not a teeny bit faster than that on the iPhone 6 (as seen on a YouTube comparison). It’s quite easy to get to the finger print scanner with your index finger whether you’re left or right handed and the phone sits comfortably well in your palm. Towards the bottom is the company’s logo “ELE” written stylishly on the rear along with the company’s motto? “Keep expecting and be surprised.”

[CONTINUE VIA http://techlector.com/exclusive-elephone-p7000-pioneer-hands-on-review/ ]

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector by TechLector: 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
So far, what do you think about the device?

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 / MTN Awoof. Get Free Airtime Up To 5k / *****2units Iphone 6s PLUS 128GB Available For Sale Uk Used****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.