Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 (2027 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 6X Launches On April 27 With Dual Cameras, AI Features, And More / 4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
The Tecno Phantom 5 is no doubt a piece of over hyped and over priced phone. Now that Xiaomi has finally found it way into Nigeria with its Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Xiaomi Mi 4, there isn’t any doubt that they are going to be pulling up some main challenges any longer in a surrounding where Xiaomi and Infinix exist.

The Xiaomi Mi 4 crams in an impressive 5-inch diagonal display with a Full-HD resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density). With its impressive display resolution, every image is displayed with maximum clarity and true-to-life colours for an enthralling viewing and gaming experience. Moreover, the IPS technology gives a wide viewing angle for an enhanced viewing and gaming experience like never before.

400 PPI vs 441 PPI
Xiaomi Mi 4 has 441 PPI Pixel Density, 8.1% more than Tecno Phantom 5 (400 PPI). Pixels per square inch (PPI) of a phone's display. The higher this is, the better the image quality will be on the phone's screen.

2.5 GHz vs 2 GHz

Xiaomi Mi4 has 2.5 GHz CPU SPEED, 20% faster than Tecno Phantom Z (2 GHz). Faster CPU means Xiaomi Mi4 Youth Edition more smooth experience than Tecno Phantom Z.

Camera
Xiaomi Mi 4 = 13 MP, 4160 x 3120 pixels
Tecno Phantom 5 = 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels

Battery and screen size

Although, the Phantom 5 has a bigger diaplay compared to that on the Xiaomi Mi 4, the batter on the phantom should have gotten a larger battery than the 3000mAh fitted on the device.

PRICE
Tecno Phantom 5 = About N69,900 – N70,000
Xiaomi = About N56,00 – N59,000

WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

source: http://techlector.com/specs-showdown-xiaomi-mi-4-vs-tecno-phantom-5/
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by lekjons(m): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
finger print scanner nkoundecided
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Yorubago(f): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
After a careful analysis of your analysis! I may just assume this is kind of biased...

The choice between Both phones is a very personal choice and not based on these listed!

The Naomi phone abi its Xiaomi phone really can't be trusted yet....When new phones come into Nigeria, their service deliveries are crazy.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Oladipupo22: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
lekjons:

I think the Tecno Phantom 5 has a finger print scanner unlike the Xiaomi MI 4!
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by lekjons(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Oladipupo22:

I think the Tecno Phantom 5 has a finger print scanner unlike the Xiaomi MI 4!
don't mind the biased opangry
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Darkseid(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Even though I hate Tecno and their phantom 5, the person who wrote this is obviously a learner when it comes to tech. Stuff.
Not even one of his many reasons made a little bit of sense.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by iliyande(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
lekjons:

No, that's why I go for letv 1s
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by lekjons(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
iliyande:

No, that's why I go for letv 1s
but tecnn phantom5 has finger print scanner na
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by iliyande(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
lekjons:

Yea but not me and tecno again

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
@OP, your reasons given above are not enough to say Mi4 has an edge over phantom 5. The Mi 4 has its downside like lack of sdcard, old operating system
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by KuliMart: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
Marvell23:
@OP, your reasons given above are not enough to say Mi4 has an edge over phantom 5. The Mi 4 has its downside like lack of sdcard, old operating system

There are many mi4 custom ROM running on lollipop out there.

You just have to make a choice.
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
lekjons:

so, aside the finger print ID on the Tecno what else?..... If i badbly need the feature, i would rather go for the elephone p8000 with great battery at ₦45,000.00 than going for that over hyped phone....
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
Darkseid:
Even though I hate Tecno and their phantom 5, the person who wrote this is obviously a learner when it comes to tech. Stuff.
Not even one of his many reasons made a little bit of sense.

okay cheesy
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Esotericbaby: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Op has received xiaomi credit alert grin lol

Please what of their after sales service ? This review is empty !
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

really?... okay... yeah..... about their after sales service, we are still observing
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Esotericbaby: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
TechLector:

really?... okay... yeah..... about their after sales service, we are still observing

Yawns
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

Yawns
good for you
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by lukmoore: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
lekjons:
that's why i go for umi iron pro. I will never dash tecno my money again.
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by lukmoore: 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
Esotericbaby:

even tecno has a poor after sales. Camon C8's multitasking problem has not been fixed for months and you're here talking of aftersales.
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
Comparing a Tecno with a Xiaomi is a travesty.
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by abdulhadi101(m): 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
So you guys are now comparing 9ja Iphone (Tecno) to china iphone (Xiaomi)
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Esotericbaby: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
abdulhadi101:
So you guys are now comparing 9ja Iphone (Tecno) to china iphone (Xiaomi)

Why Is this so funny to me.
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by abdulhadi101(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Esotericbaby:

Why Is this so funny to me.
hehehehe.... embarassed embarassed grin
Re: Reasons You Should Buy Xiaomi Mi 4 Instead Of Tecno Phantom 5 by Baroba(m): 6:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tecno only exists in Nigeria and neighbouring African countries, Xiaomi is a tech company with a solid reputation.. Put both in Google and see what comes up.. The Mi4 destroys that piece of junk its not even funny..

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Netify Vpn / MTN Awoof. Get Free Airtime Up To 5k / I Think What I Did In The Past Is Haunting Me Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.