Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President (37842 Views)

Melaye Thanks Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki For N21 Billion Road Construction In Kogi / Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / Nigerians Blast Saraki For 'lying' That He Was Not Stoned - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:42am On Jun 09, 2015
APC has not shown any interest in who becomes the minority leaders and their deputies in both houses of the NASS, PDP should mind their business and live with the reality that they are now in the opposition.
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by saintandsinnerz: 6:42am On Jun 09, 2015
APC has just missed the opportunity to deepen internal democracy in their party. Lack of internal democracy was what "killed" PDP as a party. I don't know why they are refusing to allow the members to elect their leaders on the floor of the national assembly devoid of any party manipulations. They have missed the opportunity now they given the Pdp the opportunity to detect who becomes the speaker and Senate president. Not a good sign at all

3 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 09, 2015
omisakint:
Saraki may have al the votes of PDp senators and will surely have some from Apc senators. If he wins Tinubu don enter one chance niyen.

I know I will be gainfully employ soon. Amen.
All the best to us all today

Who told you Tinubu was against Saraki in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by UncleJudax(m): 6:42am On Jun 09, 2015
IDnoble1:
So, PDP is trying to fuel trouble in APC or what,is this the kind of opposition we need,oppose the ruling party to make it work not to make it fall
like APC made PDP work huh. Son, wake up and smell the coffee . grin

1 Like

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by oweman: 6:43am On Jun 09, 2015
DONT SEE WHAT IS BAD.IN SARAKIS CONTEsTING AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION OF THE APC.
THE PRESIDENT HAS EARLIER GIVEN THE GO AHEAED ROR ALL CONTESTANTE TO FACE THE NATIONAL.SELECTION PROCESS
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by olaide721(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2015
If saraki is not careful he will be relegated and disgraced it is better now for both of them to calm down and allow the ball roll. Because in APC the leaders always have an edge also have their way

Just a warning
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Omooba77: 6:43am On Jun 09, 2015
Make I seat kule,dey watch the game in 3D......make dem pack our chairs oh,no throw
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by pure2012soul(m): 6:44am On Jun 09, 2015
IDnoble1:
So, PDP is trying to fuel trouble in APC or what,is this the kind of opposition we need,oppose the ruling party to make it work not to make it fall
They have a right to select their own leaders.
PDP members are not obliged to flow with the results of APC's internal primaries
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by omisakint: 6:45am On Jun 09, 2015
walexy30:

So u tink Tinubu's choice would have lost the primaries?
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by omisakint: 6:45am On Jun 09, 2015
walexy30:

So u tink Tinubu's choice would have lost the primaries?
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by kheart(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2015
zicoraads:
Cry me a river tongue tongue
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Saraki is my prefered candidate agbaya, so why I ll cry?
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2015
ebamma:
Apc's disintegration might just happen sooner than we thought
What should we call you if APC doesn't disintegrate? Doyin Okupe earned himself the name, bästard.

4 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by charles316: 6:46am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Jumping from one party to another is a sign of over-ambition. Let's watch the drama.

Then buhari is also overambitious

7 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Neutronx(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2015
zicoraads:
grin grin cheesy cheesy

My bad! I thought he was no longer 'corrupt' since he joined the APC? Oopsie tongue tongue

That man can never change o.
His plan is to get known nationwide by becoming the senate President and then running for the next presidential election.
Buhari doesn't like him for no reason.
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by DonDiego(m): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2015
When Tinubu defied PDP in 2011 and supported Tambuwal against a SWest candidate for the post of Speaker he probably thought he was playing the game of a strategist. Now, that game has come to haunt him. The SWest will win neither the Senate presidency nor the Speakership this time. Sometimes over-sabi go dribble even himself.

11 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by darejem4real: 6:47am On Jun 09, 2015
Let's wait and see the outcome today
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by PassingShot(m): 6:48am On Jun 09, 2015
charles316:

Then buhari is also overambitious
Suit yourself!
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by arcdone(m): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2015
hahahahaha..naija politics sha.so uptill nw saraki his still a pdp member. what an hypocrisy. he jux wearin on Apc cloth is mind is not.juz as tambuwal

1 Like

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by pure2012soul(m): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2015
Guys, whoever wins will appoint committee Chairmen/members. It's a game of scratch my back and I scratch yours. Do you think the fight is due to their love for Naija or what?
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 09, 2015
IDnoble1:

Hypocritical you!

1 Like

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by spenca: 6:53am On Jun 09, 2015
This is all propaganda , we know a lot of PDP reps are for hon Femi I don't know if lawan but again we know how a lot of politicians endorsed GEJ but they do a different when voting.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by zicoraads: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2015
kheart:

Saraki is my prefered candidate agbaya, so why I ll cry?
tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by anwo247: 6:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
So Uncle Saraki can be this desperate?!

But all the Change agents are desperate people including Buhari. He associated with thieves like amaechi and Tinubu just to get power. APC are deperadoes

1 Like

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by niyifour(m): 6:57am On Jun 09, 2015
We don enter one chance be that

Bus stop no far na just 2019
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Armaggedon: 6:58am On Jun 09, 2015
dealslip:
PDP why? This man betrayed you and still has the guts to solicit for your support and you gave him. Saraki you are the epitome of desperation. You claimed you are for Nigeria yet you all cannot sacrifice your personal ambition for Nigerians. All this guys are the same, Nigerians voted for PMB but forgot he has to work with this guys. The assistance he should be asking for at the G7 summit is how to prosecute the likes of Tinubu, Saraki etc without causing a row amongst their supporters, he should ask them for extradition for all the criminals in his government who may have committed offences in this countries otherwise the last elections was just a mere routine.
the cry of an embittered apc member
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by BekeeBuAgbara: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2015
Tambuwal comes to mind.
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by notDfall: 7:01am On Jun 09, 2015
pushing Lawan forward publicly knowing fully well that PDP will then back Saraki, when in actuality Saraki may be the real APC choice .Could this be a master stroke

3 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by legendsilver(m): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki has lost the good things he once laboured for. The end is dangerous for him
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:05am On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:
Saraki is over-ambitious and his type is not good for Nigeria.

Anyone but Saraki for Senate.

Give me a David Mark and I will choose him over that arrogant, disrespectful and over-ambitious Saraki who could insult his father because of politics.
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 09, 2015
Only APC members canno determine the leadership of the 2 houses; look at tge numbers in the senate, 59 for APC and 49 for members.

If u think Saraki is still a PDP member, that is good for our democracy. We need check and balance. The excesses of the executive need to be checked by the legislature.
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 09, 2015
PDP shouldn't have made this public endorsement, NASS should have the right to chose freely it's leadership without interference from outsiders. It will be egg on the face of PDP if Lawan and Femi eventually win the leadership. They should have remained silent and stay clear of the trouble.

I hope Lawan and Femi win because they have been in opposition for so long and it's time to get their reward... the nPDP members of APC should just take the back seat.
Re: Pdp Endoreses Senator Bukola Saraki For Senate President by johnie: 7:07am On Jun 09, 2015
The new opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has thrown a last minute stunt to the 8th National Assembly leadership tussle at the early hour of Tuesday by endorsing Senator Bukola Saraki for Senate President and Hon Yakub Dogara as preferred candidate for the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Meanwhile, feelers have it that Senators loyal to Senator Lawan on their part after a meeting at about 8.30 p.m. Monday night, were said to have resolved to personally approach Saraki to keep the unity of the party and bury his ambition.

The peace mission to Saraki was, however, yet to see Saraki as it was learnt that the Kwara political colossus had become incommunicado.

However, Hon. Dogara’s camp was also banking on the House rules which provides for secret voting, a situation they claimed, yesterday, would allow their closest supporters to vote for him since the votes cannot be traced.

Dogara’s momentum was, however, tempered by the decision of a Federal High Court in Abuja to remove Gbajabiamila’s name from the contest upon alleged infractions committed in the United States. The court rather asked that Gbajabiamila be put on notice for the case coming up on June 18.

That decision nonetheless, the Dogara camp spread out word that they cannot afford to have a presiding officer who would be parading the court.

With this new twist PDP has positioned itself as a formidable threat capable causing devastating damage for the new ruling party (APC), just as PDP availed it’s senators-elect and members-elect, to enter today’s contest as a united body, putting the minority body which commands 49 of the 108 senators-elect in a decisive position to determine the outcome.

PDP governors and immediate former governors including some who have now entered the Senate were also rallying to present a united front in today’s historic National Assembly election.

http://pearl.com.ng/2015/06/breaking-anxiety-as-pdp-endorses-saraki-as-preferred-senate-president-and-dogara-as-house-speaker/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dapchi Girl: Liya Sharibu's Parents Reveal Where Their Daughter Got Her Faith / Officer Returns To God After Successful Assignment Against Boko Haram - Pics / Buhari’s Certificate, APC And Unanswered Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.