Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Woman Raped On Her Birthday By Her Friends Grandson! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Raped On Her Birthday By Her Friends Grandson! (910 Views)

Pregnant Woman Raped By Lagos Pastor⁠ Delivers Twins (photos) / Young Woman Raped To Death In Ogun / 81-Year-Old Woman Raped And Robbed In Ghana By 3 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Raped On Her Birthday By Her Friends Grandson! by ChappyChase: 5:06am On Jun 09, 2015
A mother was raped on her birthday by a friend’s grandson she invited to the party, Cardiff, Wales, UK.

Catherine Gwynne was attacked by Arron Murphy shortly after hosting a party to celebrate her 39th birthday. Guests went home and Ms Gwynne was going to bed when she heard someone making noise in the kitchen. When she entered the kitchen the young man hit her, dragged into the bedroom and raped her, then just ran off. Shocked Mrs Gwynne called her boyfriend who contacted police. Murphy was arrested the same evening but was released on bail.

Catherine Gwynne was attacked by Arron Murphy shortly after hosting a party to celebrate her 39th birthday

Recalling the day she was raped Ms Gwynne said: “I had an afternoon dinner party at my house, and all the guests had left by nine o’clock. That’s when I tucked my daughter into bed, and got into my dressing gown. But then I heard the back door go at 11pm. I was shocked to see him. I noticed he was drunk, but assumed he must have come round as his nan had left something. Only then he said to me, ‘I know you want me,’ and launched himself on me.

When she entered the kitchen the young man hit her, dragged into the bedroom and raped her, then he just ran off

‘Then he began to rape me. I was petrified, all I could think about was my precious daughter sleeping next door, praying she hadn’t heard anything. Less than a minute later he rolled off me, and I seized my chance. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and ran to the bathroom, locking myself in. From that day it took 14 months for me to get justice, but now I hold my head up high.”

Now Murphy has been jailed for seven years and ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for the rest of his life. Catherine Gwynne decided to reveal her story and even renounce the right of anonymity to encourage other victims of sexual offences to come forward  and report their abuse to the police!

Re: Woman Raped On Her Birthday By Her Friends Grandson! by buzquet(m): 5:52am On Jun 09, 2015
Abeg c d woman packaging? Who no go knack am?

(1) (Reply)

See The Face Of The 21 Year Old Boy That Killed 9 Christians In The U.S / I’m Not An Armed Robber, I Only Diverted My Uncle’s Container To Help My Economy / 6 Nigerian Hackers Busted In Philippines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.