Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts (1679 Views)

Masquerade Research Center Signpost In Enugu (photo) / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men / Chris Ngige's Masquerade At His Father's Burial Today - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 09, 2015
IBADAN—TWO suspects, identified as Adebayo Saheed and Bello Mustapha, have been arrested by Oyo State Police Command for alleged possession of parts of human skull and hair.
Two suspected fraudsters, Adebayo Saheed, 28, and Bello Mustafa, 30, caught with fake dollars and pieces of human skulls. Photo: Dare Fasube.
Two suspected fraudsters, Adebayo Saheed, 28, and Bello Mustafa, 30, caught with fake dollars and pieces of human skulls. Photo: Dare Fasube.
egungun: Sikiru Ojewale (right), custodian of Ogunmola masquerade of Adenimodo compound accused of destroying property during Egungun festival in Ibadan, paraded by police yesterday. Photo: Dare Fasube.
egungun: Sikiru Ojewale (right), custodian of Ogunmola masquerade of Adenimodo compound accused of destroying property during Egungun festival in Ibadan, paraded by police yesterday. Photo: Dare Fasube.
The suspects were paraded along with a custodian of an Ibadan masquerade, known as Ogunmola Adenimodo, for allegedly destroying some vehicles at Ayeye area of Ibadan metropolis.
They were rounded up at Moniya in Akinyele Local Government Area of the state.
Ibadan masquerade festival had always left on its trail tears, losses, violence, bloodshed and even death in some cases.
However, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Muhammed Katsina, insisted that the reign of terror and impunity would not continue.
While parading the suspects at the state Police headquarters, Eleyele, Ibadan yesterday, the commissioner explained that the ambush squad of the command arrested the two members of a dangerous syndicate who specialized in duping unsuspecting members of the public.
According to him, the suspects, who were allegedly caught with human parts, always pretended to offer their victims spiritual assistance.
He said small pieces of human skull, hair, fake 900 dollars and some charms were found on the suspects.
While stating that the masquerade custodian had violated an earlier undertaking they made with the police, he said the police would not allow any individual or group to constitute a threat to public peace and order, especially during the on-going masquerade festival.
He vowed that other fleeing suspects would be arrested wherever they might be hiding.
However, Sikiru denied the allegation that his supporters destroyed the vehicles, saying his masquerade was yet to go to town.
He added that since the police had not granted him permit to go out with his Masquerade, he marked the festival indoor.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/police-arrest-masquerade-2-others-with-human-parts/

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/police-arrest-masquerade-2-others-with-human-parts/#sthash.T1NJQRC7.dpuf

Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by olymurphy(f): 5:16am On Jun 09, 2015
Everyday for the thief...........
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 09, 2015
Is Ibadan really this bad?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 5:28am On Jun 09, 2015
that masquerade is a Relation of Oba Akiolu Rilwan, I trust my Yoruba Brothers grin
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by ginawest(f): 5:29am On Jun 09, 2015
dat z aw dey destroy goods n properties because of one masquerade festival.. mtcheew..I hope dey dont go scot free.
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 09, 2015
[size=15pt]this post smells frontpage[/size]
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Jerrosky1986(m): 5:42am On Jun 09, 2015
Yoruba wetin una see wit rituals

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by stinggy(m): 5:44am On Jun 09, 2015
Hoodlums, I hope they don't escape judgement.

cyberdurable:
that masquerade is a Relation of Oba Akiolu Rilwan, I trust my Yoruba Brothers grin
Was that suppose to be funny?
You made no sense bro undecided
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by buzquet(m): 5:48am On Jun 09, 2015
I tough masquerades r our ancestors frm heaven?
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by buzquet(m): 5:49am On Jun 09, 2015
I thought masquerades r our ancestors frm heaven?
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by agarawu23(m): 5:51am On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:
try get sense, at least for once embarassed
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Enegod(m): 5:51am On Jun 09, 2015
buzquet:
I thought masquerades r our ancestors frm heaven?
your ancestors undecided
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by olasmith10(m): 5:57am On Jun 09, 2015
I think d long arms of d law should beam dier searchlight more on dis village nanjas called masquerades..more shocking info will be unraveled..
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by akoaki(m): 6:02am On Jun 09, 2015
The most effective way of reducing or stopping crimes is giving maximum punishment to proven offenders. Our courts must be rejiged to perform their functions effectively if we are serious about curbing crimes in our society.
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by hannysur8(m): 6:15am On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

In fact, your write up make no sense
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by hannysur8(m): 6:15am On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

In fact, your write up make no sense....u be correct Oponu

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by LEvuls(m): 6:28am On Jun 09, 2015
Masquared has never brought any positive impact in their lives..tears,violence,destruction of property and sometimes death
Why not ban the so called festival Must they wait till the law enforcement agency to arrest these people before they do the needful

SMH

Don't know how some people think in this part of the world.

Mr.NL 2015
Vote wisely
Vote the wisest guy there Jarizod
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Onyejiuwaokoh: 6:54am On Jun 09, 2015
It is time the religious leaders should start fighting the culture of human parts business in the South west. Human beings are not animals that their parts should liter the market place. It is very unfortunate that despite the numbers of Christian camps and mosque there human part are more affordable than cow meats.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by bizz(m): 6:54am On Jun 09, 2015
business as usual

see my signature below
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 8:32am On Jun 09, 2015
stinggy:
Hoodlums, I hope they don't escape judgement.

Was that suppose to be funny?
You made no sense bro undecided

Ogbeni Face front!!! I didn't mention u.. did i?
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2015
ginawest:
dat z aw dey destroy goods n properties because of one masquerade festival.. mtcheew..I hope dey dont go scot free.

Nnem am inlove with your signature grin
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2015
hannysur8:

In fact, your write up make no sense....u be correct Oponu
you are a certified Goat
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2015
agarawu23:
try get sense, at least for once embarassed

approved Animal grin
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by agarawu23(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

approved Animal grin
sad
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2015
Jerrosky1986:
Yoruba wetin una see wit rituals
After they claim to be saints. I normally tell people that, there is no crime in this damnable country that the yorubas are innocent of. forget their holier than thou nature.
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by stinggy(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

Ogbeni Face front!!! I didn't mention u.. did i?
No, you didn't. But I expected a more sensible post from a grown man, judging from your pp undecided
....... No offense tongue

ekenedegreat:
After they claim to be saints. I normally tell people that, there is no crime in this damnable country that the yorubas are innocent of. forget their holier than thou nature.
Shut it there!
Where did Yorubas claim they've stopped their traditions
We are still much connected to our root. That few criminals use this opportunity to perpetrate evil doesn't make Egungun festivals or any traditional gathering bad.
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by loomer: 9:29am On Jun 09, 2015
Where d parts na
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by FKO81(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2015
Na the business wey dey sabi, ritual killings and ritual business happen every day in that zone, the floppy ones are the ones that come to limelight
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
stinggy:

No, you didn't. But I expected a more sensible post from a grown man, judging from your pp undecided
....... No offense tongue

Shut it there!
Where did Yorubas claim they've stopped their traditions
We are still much connected to our root. That few criminals use this opportunity to perpetrate evil doesn't make Egungun festivals or any traditional gathering bad.

Nna Kupu way gi
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by stinggy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
cyberdurable:

Nna Kupu way gi
In english, coward cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Masquerade; 2 Others With Human Parts by cyberdurable(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
stinggy:
In english, coward cheesy cheesy
Fool keep Quoting grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Three Tiers Of Government, Yesterday, Shared A Total Sum Of N 409.354 Billio / I Did Not Discuss Jonathan With Buhari, Says Anyaoku / Vacancy For Vice Chancellor In Federal University Dutsin-ma Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.