Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu (3193 Views)

Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD / BREAKING: Saraki Dumps APC / Breaking Rumors: Saraki Dumps APC For PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by myweb(m): 5:19am On Jun 09, 2015
Bloc votes
plan collapses

Ex-Kwara governor shuns Ndume, Goje, others

Plans to get Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senators-elect and members of the House of Representatives-elect to vote en bloc for principal officers during today’s inauguration of the Eighth National Assembly collapsed yesterday.

There was also a split among the PDP governors on who to support between Senator Ahmed Lawan and Senator Bukola Saraki for Senate president.

But The Nation learnt this morning that at a meeting of PDP Senators-elect in Abuja, 28 agreed to back Saraki/Ike Ekweremadu ticket; 17 agreed to back Lawan/Akume ticket. That was after Saraki decided to work with PDP in a desperate move to win the race.

Some senators and members-elect rejected the suggestion by Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose that PDP senators should vote Saraki.

Lawan at the weekend emerged the choice candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) after a mock election by the party’s senators-elect. But the Saraki camp rejected the straw poll and vowed to contest for the position on the floor today.

The APC is the majority party in the Senate, with 59 senators-elect. The PDP has 49 senators.

It was learnt that at a meeting held by the PDP caucus on Sunday night in former Senate President David Mark’s residence in Apo, Abuja, the divided PDP senators-elect and their governors were said to have threatened to draft one of them into the race if the APC failed to agree on a consensus candidate.

Some of the PDP senators said to be rooting for Saraki allegedly suggested that they should forge a vibrant opposition on Tuesday by voting against the APC consensus choice as a signal of what form of opposition to expect in the Senate in the new dispensation.

The PDP senators were said to have contended that voting against APC’s preferred candidate would signpost a resolute stand to keep the PDP alive.

A source at the meeting said a former principal officer in the Seventh Senate was the brain behind the proposal.

The source said most of the senators disagreed vehemently with the suggestion.

Those opposed to the suggestion, it was learnt, averred that toeing the line of action would only serve the interest of a few, particularly the governors, rather than that of the PDP as a party.

The source noted that most of the senators agreed that “we should wait and see what the APC senators will come up with”.

He said: “The surprise of the night was that some of the governors who former President Goodluck Jonathan laboured to install were those at the vanguard of the Saraki project, a man who practically destroyed PDP.

“Most senators at the meeting viewed supporting Saraki as robbing Peter to pay Paul.

“They contended that it will be bad politics to reward a man who took up arms against his party, destroyed it and moved to build another one.”

The meeting was said to have ended without the Senators taking a final decision on who to back for Senate president.
More at http://www.naijablower.com/saraki-dumps-apc-to-run-with-ekweremadu/

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by efilefun(m): 5:23am On Jun 09, 2015
Naijablower koor naijascrewer nii imagine the picture used... Saraki's mouth like he's actually whistling

All this hungry bloggers looking for traffic mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by akinladejo: 5:28am On Jun 09, 2015
Bukola saraki should not win it. He is a betrayer

1 Like

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by gabbrri(m): 5:36am On Jun 09, 2015
TTC goodmorning all lawan akume all the way
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by omenka(m): 5:38am On Jun 09, 2015
In as much as the source of the news is suspect, if one were to take it on its face value, I'd say Saraki just rang the death knell on his political career.

He'd definitely hit the ground limping on this.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by kheart(m): 5:44am On Jun 09, 2015
We re keenly watching, if not for PMB change tsunami must of this m / f senators/members can't pull deir polling unit self.

It high time we start recalling any egoistic and selfish polithiefcian.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by buzquet(m): 5:45am On Jun 09, 2015
I tink dis is funny!!!!! So saraki campaigning 4 change al dis while is jst a joke? Am starting to lose hope

1 Like

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Jorussia(m): 6:01am On Jun 09, 2015
This news is from the nation newspaper.
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by oluwafemi113(m): 6:02am On Jun 09, 2015
Can this be really?

Let me read again and again
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 09, 2015
What is the source of this news? You people will just come up with lies and fallacies. Trashy.
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by efilefun(m): 6:04am On Jun 09, 2015
cool
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki is nailing his coffin.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by ichidodo: 6:17am On Jun 09, 2015
If he had no baggage this would have counted as a very deft move but alas his past has come to haunt him....If only PDP can play along with him but spring up a dark horse candidate at the last moment, we just might see the Senate President go PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by brixton: 6:41am On Jun 09, 2015
Anyone but saraki, that guy even betrayed his own father.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by quadness(m): 6:44am On Jun 09, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]he can never be SP, he not declare his asset. Leave him alone
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by angelTI(f): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2015
I thought there is a piece of news on the front page that said saraki won undecided
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by quadness(m): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2015
LRT. They said Saraki said something, you are not asking him to clarify, you are asking for my comment. How do I even deal with all this?
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Bayswater: 6:53am On Jun 09, 2015
Jorussia:
This news is from the nation newspaper.

Oh you mean it's from Tinubu. We know Tinubu owns The Nation Newspaper.
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by ManMountain(m): 6:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Take this to the bank, Saraki is finished politically!
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by zinachidi(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2015
smart move,, he knows PDP would soon come back to power...
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by ManMountain(m): 7:00am On Jun 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Saraki is nailing his coffin.
Done already, his nails will be supplied from within Kwara.
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by afoo02(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Say no to saraki for senate president
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by eagleeye2: 7:13am On Jun 09, 2015
SMH, for. change
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Polithiefcian(m): 7:17am On Jun 09, 2015
kheart:
We re keenly watching, if not for PMB change tsunami must of this m / f senators/members can't pull deir polling unit self.

It high time we start recalling any egoistic and selfish polithiefcian.

Av got ma eyes on you cool
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Bolade005: 7:23am On Jun 09, 2015
With everything I've read Saraki saying in the media, I think Tinubu is right not to support Saraki for the senate presidency position. This man is too ambitious and over-ambitious people do fail miserably.

One thing is certain, as long as Tinubu is around, Saraki will never become senate president and ONLY the candidate Tinubu supports will cop the positiion.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 09, 2015
We need a vibrant Senate President and not just a figurehead that will be controlled by godfathers.
Saraki, where u go, I go.
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by goodgate: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
In as much as the source of the news is suspect, if one were to take it on its face value, I'd say Saraki just rang the death knell on his political career.

He'd definitely hit the ground limping on this.
CORRECT! The fact is that Kwara people do not like him anymore, most of them in Kwara PDP are there because Saraki is in APC,many of them would have been in the APC,the people of Kwara are tired of his arrogance and are seeking to break-off him, so if he goes the PDP way,hmmm i fear his carrier will nosedive.
Re: Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu by duduade: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Why is dis Ediot such a desperado like this.. ? I tire for this Saraki guy o

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda / Alimosho LGA Receives The Highest Monthly Allocation from FG. But... / Ex-minister Had Approached Me With An Offer To Return $250 Million- El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.