Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1079566 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2015
tnuola:

Lmao.. Don't cry jor... I'm thanking him for the info.

I know how u feel jare, it will end well.
Thnk u... Definately smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2015
submitted may 12
biometrics may 12
medical mail dropped june 22
medical done June 24
study permit approved june 30
passport request june 6
passport received june 7

APPLICATION CLOSED JUNE 7

Just don't know how to thank God and you guys on nairaland. people don't like helping one another some of my course mates are in Canada and they refused to put me thru not until Google referred me here.

I found different set of Nigerians here who are ready and willing to help. God bless u all.

to those expecting medical mails by the special grace of God your TRV is around already no space for delay on here.

once again thank y'all and God bless

25 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graphical(f): 11:29am On Jul 07, 2015
@Kennykentipsy, I say a strong Amen to your prayers. Thanks God bless you.
@ Berex101, I have not received the 2nd "tantul o. grin

I am still hopeful and thankful. God is in control.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ThatWarriBoy: 11:38am On Jul 07, 2015
Good day folks,

It has been a while. Congrats to all those that have received their TRVs and to all those expecting theirs, you have received it IJN. Just thank God for it.

Anyway, I will like to know if there is anybody resuming in Carleton University this fall and if anyone is travelling next month?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2015
Congrats. Please where did you do your medicals?

kennykentipsy:
submitted may 12
biometrics may 12
medical done June 24
passport request june 6
passport received june 7

Just don't know how to thank God and you guys on nairaland. people don't like helping one another some of my course mates are in Canada and they refused to put me thru not until Google referred me here.

I found different set of Nigerians here who are ready and willing to help. God bless u all.

to those expecting medical mails by the special grace of God your TRV is around already no space for delay on here.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Congratulations bro! for we all that are expecting, may we all be granted IJN. can u tell us about your documentation (document list)
kennykentipsy:
submitted may 12
biometrics may 12
medical done June 24
passport request june 6
passport received june 7

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 11:53am On Jul 07, 2015
morgan2006:
Good afternoon, E-Family:

I was refused in June for these reasons:

Purpose of Visit
Personal Assets
Home ties
Travel History

I was really down but decided to apply for my gcms file and got the response in the screenshot below. The gcms report states that I am 34 yrs with large gaps in academic history. This is wrong cos I am 27 yrs and currently working in a job which is directly related to my first degree(Computer science).
Please members of this forum help me with every possible advice that I can use to refire for a January application. I remain forever thankful for your anticipated constructive counsel.
Na this kind case appeal go make sense with this evidence attached...Some VOs can smoke igbo on some pple' file oo

My advice will be for u to first file a Case specific enquiry. Attach ur proof contrary to what was stated on the gcms file.Write about ur dissatisfaction about the application and how you were unduly treated with wrong info...

Wait for response,and start gathering ur lawyer for appeal..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
MisterMightyone:
Congrats. Please where did you do your medicals?

thanks I did my medicals at IOM clinic ikeja
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
handyteddy:
Congratulations bro! for we all that are expecting, may we all be granted IJN. can u tell us about your documentation (document list)

thanks.. may u all be granted TRV by God's grace.. I have listed my documents in past post. try googling with my username documents submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obiscolly(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Oyin18:

Hey, what school are you applying for?

I'm applying to McGill and Manitoba.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by morgan2006(m): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thanks for ur kind reply @berexio1,

I have since applied to another school and withdrawn my admission from saskatchewan poly. How best do u think i cud reference this story in my second application? How long does an appeal take? Have u witnessed anyone appeal before?

berexio1:
Na this kind case appeal go make sense with this evidence attached...Some VOs can smoke igbo on some pple' file oo

My advice will be for u to first file a Case specific enquiry. Attach ur proof contrary to what was stated on the gcms file.Write about ur dissatisfaction about the application and how you were unduly treated with wrong info...

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
obiscolly:

I'm applying to McGill and Manitoba.

I'm applying to Concordia University also in Montreal not too far from McGill. Are you going for UG or Masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
morgan2006:
Thanks for ur kind reply @berexio1,

I have since applied to another school and withdrawn my admission from saskatchewan poly. How best do u think i cud reference this story in my second application? How long does an appeal take? Have u witnessed anyone appeal before?

Personally, I don't know of anyone who has done an appeal..Am sure u can find the procedures or sth related to that on CIC website. You already have plans to re-apply? Well that info on ur gcms will be available for VOs to peruse and if u re-apply like that without correcting the misconception they might now think u falsified in ur current app..Get the complaint to them that's the first thing.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thanks @bosy. It's quite easy for others. Chemical Engineering is something else o. I pray this evil spirit in that department in Nigeria is not operating in canada as well o. Otherwise what will prevent them not to reply common mails. It's not easy o. God will help us. Thanks anyway.
bosypumpin:
hi house, this is my first comment since joining the thread. i am an avid reader and a silent observer. when i want to unwind, i just log on to NL and get informed the more.

I got admitted to U of M and UBC for LL.M with full funding, Research based.
Admission March 30th
I have a baby and do not intend leaving her behind.
we did online and May 28th, we were denied.
Insufficient funds; my daughter (naturally), purpose of visit

Of course, I re fired and June 12th, I did biometrics,
online application again.
i'm expectant oooooo. cos my research supervisor sits on the Chair of the school of Graduates Studies and the exchange between us ehn, as been awesome.(im settling for U of M) cos it is 1 yr while UBC is two years.

If i don't chop TRV, na im be say God no want am. cos my sponsor's account opening balance na 42m, closing 18m, i run a partnership law ofice in Lagos Metropolis with some senior friends, my own account closing balance is 2.2m the funding from sch, ( i had three of them) is $28k and there are still some to be grabbed when there.

Confession time, the reasons for typing now is to answer the questions of those seeking for research supervisors.

My humble opinion is this, i checked my faculty, went through their top ogas, wrote down the courses that appealed to me, then i sent mails to them.
I didnt have a closed mind as per the specific area, i made my choices flexible.

PS; maybe going through the faculty would help widen your choice of course as well as supervisors.
All the best to us all.

We will all share our testimonies, Canada good ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
amen to that! i found the docs! am happy 4 u!
kennykentipsy:

thanks.. may u all be granted TRV by God's grace.. I have listed my documents in past post. try googling with my username documents submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by yemite295: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
Aussie4me:

Congratulations for the medical call, My brother got same too yesterday he submitted on the 9th of june too

but there was not medical form attached to the mail as they indicated in the mail

what was attached is the stamped copy of the passport

do you experience same?

if not house help what is he going to do?

can go for the medicals without the form?

Thanks for your prompt response as he is on way to lagos now

l advice him to use IOM

A medical form and a stamped photocopy of my passport was attached to the mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by asihap(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Helo guys! I received an email that I should go for my madical aftr submitting my application a month ago for student visa canada. I went for d medical and I did all d necessary test that they wanted. So aftr d test, I also did my e-medical where I was interview by a doctor and he ask me about my previous health history and I told him dat I was diagnose for ulcer 2 years ago. My fear is that will there refuse me visa cos of d ulcer stuff. Pls I nid ur answer cos I'm tense up. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by morgan2006(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
How about if I attach a strong letter of clarification in my next application to them stating the issues I noticed in my gcms file?

berexio1:
Personally, I don't know of anyone who has done an appeal..Am sure u can find the procedures or sth related to that on CIC website. You already have plans to re-apply? Well that info on ur gcms will be available for VOs to peruse and if u re-apply like that without correcting the misconception they might now think u falsified in ur current app..Get the complaint to them that's the first thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Aussie4me: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
yemite295:

A medical form and a stamped photocopy of my passport was attached to the mail

but he did not get the medical form what he got was just the stamped passport, they stated that if l did not get it in inbox will get in spam and he did not get it in any. can he go to IOM with the passport only? house please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
-

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obiscolly(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
kennykentipsy:

u can search @richcasey he subsequently post all u need for TRV . if you wanna sponsor ur self u need to provide proof of funds showing u can pay ur fees accommodation and upkeep all thru ur study but if u can't get enough funds u will need to get a sponsor while you use ur self as co sponsor
Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
dont be bothered.
it sudnt be the problem.
share your profile....
wat prog r u going for
asihap:
Helo guys! I received an email that I should go for my madical aftr submitting my application a month ago for student visa canada. I went for d medical and I did all d necessary test that they wanted. So aftr d test, I also did my e-medical where I was interview by a doctor and he ask me about my previous health history and I told him dat I was diagnose for ulcer 2 years ago. My fear is that will there refuse me visa cos of d ulcer stuff. Pls I nid ur answer cos I'm tense up. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
pls did your employer give you letter of intro and study leave letter separately or were they embedded in same letter? ?
kennykentipsy:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lucky032(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
nanaposh29:
thank u very much Kenny. I'm in final year in school and just av less than 4months to graduate, I wish to start applying from now. I don't know if it is a good idea?

Why the rush?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Rickywowoz: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
GboyegaD:

They get more than enough that sometimes they don't read all. A good strategy is to copy the graduate program director and administrator. They can help pushfor the professor to read your nails.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by LOVINA1245: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
berexio1:

its official. these VO's can be incompetent @ times. is it possible to cancel an application and reapply using another route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
morgan2006:
How about if I attach a strong letter of clarification in my next application to them stating the issues I noticed in my gcms file?

If u feel that will be sufficient then go ahead with that...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
LOVINA1245:

its official. these VO's can be incompetent @ times. is it possible to cancel an application and reapply using another route?

Cancel? I don't think so. Once u av applied, it is left for the VO to process ur file up to its closure..But it is important to let it close before opening another application..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
GboyegaD:

Oga, na the person wey you refer to take my room be that? Paul told me about it this evening. Engineering particularly Chemical Na one kolo department.Most of the profs sabi do sakara.I remember talking to a few of them on behalf of a friend and some responses were arrogant.
Yeah. met Paul too at a barbeque event organized by his church on Sunday. I was surprised you didn't attend. Maybe team16 should try U of A. The Nigerians I know in U of A are not engineering students though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
asihap:

ulcer won't affect ur application... keep calm only major diseases which can pose threat to the citizens of the country you going to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Rickywowoz:
please how exactly can you do that??

Their email is on the departmental webpage.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obiscolly(m): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
Oyin18:

I'm applying to Concordia University also in Montreal not too far from McGill. Are you going for UG or Masters
Cool. I am applying for a masters program in mechanical engineering. So are you applying for the January or September term? When are you expecting admission decisions?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.