Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1075144 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Rolatims: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
@justwise bro I Dey read this stuffs well since 2013 and I never get pass 4posts ...I have no reason to lie to peeps here ...I actually didn't wanna post it...cus me no be social media person like that ...I even told @chrigo d stuff since yesterday...I just felt I needed to let you peeps knw about it .....my cousin was actually denied trv some days ago and my Gf application still Dey processing... so bro I no get any reason to make it up ...every body still get dem decision to make bro ....just Dey give info Wey VO for here tell me ...but she could not open up like dat sha...cus it's against their policies

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
coldasice007:

Canada has never had a quota for visitors or students or was there a recent announcement to that effect. Even for a student permit, It is not everyone who applies for a study permit that gets approved.
If u are waiting for a written notice, u won't find one.Its only logical to believe so..If u don't av stringent measures of getting students back home like the UK, and with a more friendly PR after study projection of Canada..Then they control those that get in....I don't need any VO to tell me..Seeing pple that are over qualified and followed same principles here and got TRV after their 2nd or 3rd or even 4th time..all suggests..I would advice peeps to stick to provinces that need people oo..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
bros... i PMed u. have a personal question pls. kindly reply!!
Rolatims:
@justwise bro I Dey read this stuffs well since 2013 and I never get pass 4posts ...I have no reason to lie to peeps here ...I actually didn't wanna post it...cus me no be social media person like that ...I even told @chrigo d stuff since yesterday...I just felt I needed to let you peeps knw about it .....my cousin was actually denied trv some days ago and my Gf application still Dey processing... so bro I no get any reason to make it up ...every body still get dem decision to make bro ....just Dey give info Wey VO for here tell me ...but she could not open up like dat sha...cus it's against their policies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
bro, @ the bolded; for those who got another medical request, that must have been an oversight from the VO. If you notice, all those people did was to call their hospital and in less than 30 minutes or at most the same day, the issue got resolved and medical status changed.

berexio1:
LOL@Upfront medical is the best?[b]Didn't u see that pple with upfront still get called for results cos CIC don't concern themselves with it? [/b]And then those that have done it can still get refused either paper or online. There is no statement that guarantees TRV after medicals, so CIC has enough flexible grounds cos of where they stand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by coldasice007: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
darefestus:
The plot thickens!

kikikikikikiii.
The plot really thickens.. Lol CIC secretly circulating memo that quota levels for students are almost filled when no be PR we apply for. Well shei na this forum we all go dey and we shall see if no further applications will be approved or better yet cancelled after medicals since na the new style be that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Quota Kwa?
E be like say I go log out from nairaland till I get my response before Una like person here.
Haba, na horror movie?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Team12:
bro, @ the bolded; for those who got another medical request, that must have been an oversight from the VO. If you notice, all those people did was to call their hospital and in less than 30 minutes or at most the same day, the issue got resolved and medical status changed.

Yea babe,,exactly..And I don't think its an oversight..Its possibly how they choose to operate. They don't want it all automated..They want some feedback along the line, who knows why?So u still get to call for ur medicals to be sent..In this case if u be robot after u do upfront, dem go catch u..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gu2015: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Team12:

Dats true,mine changed almost immediately I told d hosp.like 1hr later it changed to Medicals passed,pls how long for passport request Mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
Please if you were refused after medicals can you let us know what province you applied to?
I believe there's a quota for each province, it shouldn't be strange to anybody.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
TheBae:
Please if you were refused after medicals can you let us know what province you applied to?
I believe there's a quota for each province, it shouldn't be strange to anybody.

If quota really exist of course Ontario would have the highest number of applicants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Rolatims:

We will know the truth if nobody gets TRV here till next year then, until then I take this as an unconfirmed rumour

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hope your agent is not Maple Education

2grozz:

In as much as I hate to do this....the agent says I should give her another try.....
Should I just do this meself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
Can we hear from the horse's mouth?
Their responses can either prove the theory right or wrong as the reason for their denial
standupguy:

If quota really exist of course Ontario would have the highest number of applicants.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
two dudes got approval mail on wednesday na...going to a college in ontario..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
no... not till next yr. if u re applying for jan 2016 this month. den you have a better chance. besides he didnt say they stopped issuing visas to fall applicants. just that the quota is reaching its threshold, hence the need for more stringency. lets get that right!!!
justwise:

We will know the truth if nobody gets TRV here till next year then, until then I take this as an unconfirmed rumour

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
Believe what you will, but people will still chop travel going to colleges in Ontario.

They are likely clearing the desk for fall, nothing new, but quota based refusal after medicals? That's a new one, and I didnt know this thread will descend int an assumption-haven.

*You don't want to read the next line I typed after this

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Rolatims: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
justwise:

Bro them go give peeps ...but them go just limit it....and quota I was talking about na for peeps Wey Dey come for fall semester... personally I no knw anything about quota or nay ...just Dey give peeps information...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
favour0011:
no... not till next yr. if u re applying for jan 2016 this month. den you have a better chance. besides he didnt say they stopped issuing visas to fall applicants. just that the quota is reaching its threshold, hence the need for more stringency. lets get that right!!!

Get what right exactly? This unconfirmed rumour has played out here before when some people were refused in quick sequence but just after than many still get their TRVs then the rumour dies down again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
favour0011:

Read what you wrote up there again and try to make sense of it.

More stringency = Denial by your all-conquering logic abi?

The age-long tradition that i know is to request the applicant to produce another start date.

Read Funmi's profile again and try and connect the dots as to the reasons given for her refusal.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 10:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
though I used a Canadian immigration lawyer based in Canada to get my TRV I could remember the first thing he mentioned to me was the quoter thing telling me to get my documents to him on time due to fall quoter but I never understood

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
Rolatims:

Bro them go give peeps ...but them go just limit it....and quota I was talking about na for peeps Wey Dey come for fall semester... personally I no knw anything about quota or nay ...just Dey give peeps information...

If there is a quota it will come from the schools limiting the number of foreign students to be admitted in a year and they will not issue admission when the number is reached. It makes no sense that the school will give admission to a prospective student knowing fully well that the student chances of getting a visa is almost nonexistent. Not only that...the student will waste time and money applying for TRV that he or she is unlikely to get.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
@ Justwise..Exactly..tank u for dat..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Get what right exactly? This unconfirmed rumour has played out here before when some people were refused in quick sequence but just after than many still get their TRVs then the rumour dies down again.

I never thought I will say this but for once I agree with you.

Just before I was delayed, there was a time when people were being delayed left, right and center. so much that the quota system became melody to some people's hears as they kept rehasing the same old tired nonsense about Fall resumption nearing blah blah.

Fast forward a month later, the story changed and everyone forgot "quota" , even the biggest propagators of the theory forgot and revelled in the abundance of trvs the thread recorded-how quickly people can change their opinion.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
I'm not sure the university cares about how much you spend on trv, they've given you admission. I'm not sure they care about how much time you waste trying to get visa, afterall in other countries, visa processing doesn't take so long.
A country that's so developed should/will have quotas for every/anything especially when it comes to immigrants. Remember as a student, you're going as a TR, meaning that makes you a resident. It makes sense that Canada may have a quota for Temporary Residents just as they have one for Permanent Residents.
Also, he didn't say everyone else will be denied, he only said it'll be way stricter which we can already see playing out. Even if they didn't have a quota before, with the way we Nigerians and even Asians are bombarding them with applications, they may have just developed one just to control the heavy influx.
We're all just speculating, and someone who has a contact there has partially verified this argument so I think that is valid until we hear something else from a higher authority. I don't think anyone would make up such info. I stand to be corrected.
justwise:

If there is a quota it will come from the schools limiting the number of foreign students to be admitted in a year and they will not issue admission when the number is reached. It makes no sense that the school will give admission to a prospective student knowing fully well that the student chances of getting a visa is almost nonexistent. Not only that...the student will waste time and money applying for TRV that he or she is unlikely to get.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dirotula(m): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Rolatims:
Guys bin here for a while,, I check this topic everyday and I got my trv Tru dis trend in 2013....I Dey Canada presently and @ chrigo na my right hand man here ..there is this my friend that works at immigration office here...She be Canadian and we are pretty close...I called her to ask about the recent refusal ish yesterday after peeps Don do medical... and she told me that ,,if na for fall intake dem Don almost reach dem quota so they look for any possible
excuse to deny anyone ...She herself na VO and she tell me say this stuffs no really get reason but them no fit give everyone visa especially when dem Don almost reach d quota for d year ....

My issue is..if the embassy will use quota as an excuse to denial applicants for visa..then why sending them to have medicals in the first place? They can as well just refuse them the visa on other grounds before requesting for medical tests...which is not free o!!! Such acts will be so unfair and dodgy.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
LOVINA1245:
IMO opinion, something somewhere went wrong in maybe cic ghana or cic lagos. this made some applications to be reviewed twice by different VOs. still wondering why may applicants were skipped whyl june applicants where answered. a mix up somewhere. the end result cud be reviewing of some docs twice. just my own idea. in all, leys still give thabks to Jehovah for he knows best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lightdotcom: 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
LOVINA1245:
IMO opinion, something somewhere went wrong in maybe cic ghana or cic lagos. this made some applications to be reviewed twice by different VOs. still wondering why may applicants were skipped whyl june applicants where answered. a mix up somewhere. the end result cud be reviewing of some docs twice. just my own idea. in all, leys still give thabks to Jehovah for he knows best
I think you made a strong point here. If your apps stayed upto to 8weeks or more it's logical to reason it must have been reviewed over n over by more than one VO

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by coldasice007: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
dirotula:

My issue is..if the embassy will use quota as an excuse to denial applicants for visa..then why sending them to have medicals in the first place? They can as well just refuse them the visa on other grounds before requesting for medical tests...which is not free o!!! Such acts will be so unfair and dodgy.
exactly and I agree with you oo but I am sure the quota crusaders will claim that the instruction on quota was received after their medicals. At this day and age a lot of people are still so gullible

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
TheBae:
I'm not sure the university cares about how much you spend on trv, they've given you admission. I'm not sure they care about how much time you waste trying to get visa, afterall in other countries, visa processing doesn't take so long.
A country that's so developed should/will have quotas for every/anything especially when it comes to immigrants. Remember as a student, you're going as a TR, meaning that makes you a resident. It makes sense that Canada may have a quota for Temporary Residents just as they have one for Permanent Residents.
Also, he didn't say everyone else will be denied, he only said it'll be way stricter which we can already see playing out. Even if they didn't have a quota before, with the way we Nigerians and even Asians are bombarding them with applications, they may have just developed one just to control the heavy influx.
We're all just speculating, and someone who has a contact there has partially verified this argument so I think that is valid until we hear something else from a higher authority. I don't think anyone would make up such info. I stand to be corrected.

Schools definitely care because foreign students is their cash machine, how will they survive if they have empty classes, empty student accommodations but still have to pay lecturers who would have lectured those students? Do you think they are running charity organisation?

Of course people make up these rumours sometimes and when it turns out to be false you don't see them logging on here frequently.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kfrosh: 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
It is logical to believe that they would have a projected number of international students coming from each country for every session. Am sure they won't want to exceed that with an excessive margin so the best approach to that is just to reduce the number of successful applicants considerably . You don't expect them to come out and tell us they use a quota system.
#MyThoughts

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by loladeoye: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
Too much speculations haba! As far as am concerned, TRV is certain on my pp. Quota or no quota. If you have not gotten TRV, please dont believe in quota. Let those who have gotten TRV believe in it.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
Has anyone bothered to think these people were in the May Backlog for paper route?

I'm aware people that applied up until late June have gotten their medicals and trvs with none of them having this drama.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.