Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076530 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
favour0011:
Hello house. Hapi sunday to everyone. So am submitting my app this week. These are my documents.

1.) all cic docs and admission offer letter from sch.

2.) print out of mail from the sch that I can't pay tuition till 1st week of october.

3.)sponsor is my maternal uncle, have been living with him. Giving me 2 statements. Bank account of 4 m+ and stock account of 10m. He stated on d letter of sponsorship that he is liquidating and availing 4m for me from his stock account.

4.) my elder bro is a pr of ca. He owns a house close to my sch. Sso he's writing a letter that i'l be living with him altru the 1 year of my studies. He is also sending me hiss employment docs and house docs, pr card too.

5.) docss to show relationship with sponsor. Mums birth cert and others.

6.) originals of all my academic documents.

7.) employment letter, pay slips, study leave letter, reference letters from colleagues. Letter of intro.

8.) personal soa of 1m

9.) comprehensive sop. Also stating that my accommodation is already sorted out and will be living with my bro altru the studies.

10.) pictures of me and sponsor, me and siblings,me and mum, me and colleagues at work.

11.) affidavit of sponsorship and sponsors landed docs.

12.) financial budget for the year amounting to about 3.6 m. Because am not paying for accommodation.

13.) visa page and travel itinerary to uk early this yr.

14.) police character cert.

15.) passport data page of all my siblings and parents.

Hmmm.. I think that's all. So what do u think re my chances?? What should I take off or add to my list. Kindly advice. Thanks guys!

Hmmmm!
Candid opinion......GOD doesnt look at chances.....he blesses without protocol.
His grace is with you.......he will bless you.
Just praise him for what he has done already
Let me be the first to say congratulations to you.
You look good to go!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lexyj123(f): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=favour0011 post=36533588]Too early?? Waleakins applied in July and got his medical call within 3 weeks. Well I think this is the best time for january students to apply. [/quote

i wish you luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Faavour001

Your documents are onpoint...

I don't know your profile thouggh.....with respect to you cchoice of prooggram, previous program....your study gap etal...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by eej2015: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
@Lovina1234 Pls, I see that you did not get your POE before your trv. At wot point did you get it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by otosa(m): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
GboyegaD:

Yes you can convert it. You are to apply to the consulate at Los Angeles.
and age doesn't matter for undergraduate over there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
Exactly, those details are important. Are you a simple or complex applicant? Lol
hayqinsbFX:
Faavour001

I don't know your profile thouggh.....with respect to you cchoice of prooggram, previous program....your study gap etal...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
As in baae bae...That kaain thing...

Il advise a one year program because of the kind of tie sshe has in canada...

That wud caast away some doubts about she not willing to come back..

TheBae:
Exactly, those details are important. Are you a simple or complex applicant? Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
justwise:

@waleakins

If you want to send your contact details to anybody here use the pm. Just follow the person then send pm
ok thanks. Noted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by LOVINA1245: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
eej2015:
@Lovina1234 Pls, I see that you did not get your POE before your trv. At wot point did you get it. Thanks

I mailed CIC and it was sent to me that very day..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
favour0011:
Too early?? Waleakins applied in July and got his medical call within 3 weeks. Well I think this is the best time for january students to apply.
even one guy that applied for this sept fall. He got his trv as early as april, that means he applied as early as feb or march, that is 6mnts to sept. We hv 6mnts to january 2016 now. So i feel its isnt too early to apply now.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by valeriann: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nigga biko apply as early as u can... u remember what I told u?..hw office?.lol
favour0011:
Too early?? Waleakins applied in July and got his medical call within 3 weeks. Well I think this is the best time for january students to apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
@ Faavour001
If it wasnt for the gcms file I am waiting for..
I would have applied now....
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that....
Besides if the quota ish some peeps talked about here is anything to go by, then applying sooner puts you in a very good position.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by charles316: 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
As in baae bae...That kaain thing...

Hi,I understand that seneca will allow you start from second year, what document did you submit and was it your school that forwarded the documents?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
bago4c:

I'm not sure I know what u mean by POE but I got several mails from CIC including the one that said my passport was ready for pickup. Jf I haven't answered ur question, kindly clarify POE.

POE(port of entry) introduction letter. Did you get anything like that on your MyCic account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
chrisviral:

POE Letter: he meant if you got any introductory letter from CIC (pics below)

I'm still expecting my POE letter of introduction. MyCIC account is saying Application closed. Did you get your POE after your application was closed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
I thinki already told you.

Your transcript and a detailed course outline of ur courses, stating the scope of each course...(ur school department sud have that online somewhere)

And download the advance standing form on the website and attach it to the PDF andmaill it to admissions.
charles316:

Hi,I understand that seneca will allow you start from second year, what document did you submit and was it your school that forwarded the documents?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by criousblack: 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
LOVINA1245:

I mailed CIC and it was sent to me that very day..

Pls can you share the email address of CIC..And what did you provide in the mail cos I'm yet to get my POE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by steffans(m): 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
2grozz:

No it is not.
Thankfully nigeria is exempted.

thanks bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
steffans:

thanks bro...

Uw sire
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thanks bro. I appreciate this!
2grozz:

Hmmmm!
Candid opinion......GOD doesnt look at chances.....he blesses without protocol.
His grace is with you.......he will bless you.
Just praise him for what he has done already
Let me be the first to say congratulations to you.
You look good to go!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ok. I have not had any study gaps. I studied electrical engineering. Got a job as a wireless engineer in a telecoms firm immediately after nysc. Same company I served. Am going for a pgcert in project management. However the reason for this is explicitly explained in my sop. It's also stated in my letter of intro from my company that based on my management qualities, I have been endorsed for a pm position but can only assume duties After getting necessary academic qualifications. I also explained why am not just doing a pmp cert et al in nigeria. I also got 2 letters of rec. From project managers i've worked with. So what else do u think I shoud get?
hayqinsbFX:
Faavour001

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Fine my broda... we de miss you! What u think bout my docs?
valeriann:
Nigga biko apply as early as u can... u remember what I told u?..hw office?.lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
I don't want to sound like a pessimist...

Instead of going for project management and including some explanations we are. Not sure they get to read....
I'll go for something on electrical...IT etal...U can go ahead and do ur project management when u get to canada.

About ur gaps, if u have stoped schooling for a while, it's a gap...just want to tell u to fix all gaps accordingly with necessary work experience.

PS not saying you can't get ur visa with project management, just sayng youl have more sound sleeps with a course related to elect elect.

favour0011:
Ok. I have not had any study gaps. I studied electrical engineering. Got a job as a wireless engineer in a telecoms firm immediately after nysc. Same company I served. Am going for a pgcert in project management. However the reason for this is explicitly explained in my sop. It's also stated in my letter of intro from my company that based on my management qualities, I have been endorsed for a pm position but can only assume duties After getting necessary academic qualifications. I also explained why am not just doing a pmp cert et al in nigeria. I also got 2 letters of rec. From project managers i've worked with. So what else do u think I shoud get?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ok smiley I appreciate ur advice. It's too late for a change now.... and i've had no gaps at all. Academics and work.
hayqinsbFX:
I don't want to sound like a pessimist...

Instead of going for project management and including some explanations we are. Not sure they get to read....
I'll go for something on electrical...IT etal...U can go ahead and do ur project management when u get to canada.

About ur gaps, if u have stoped schooling for a while, it's a gap...just want to tell u to fix all gaps accordingly with necessary work experience.

PS not saying you can't get ur visa with project management, just sayng youl have more sound sleeps with a course related to elect elect.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
Okaay
All the best.

Uv a good caase wit the pr hollder dere
favour0011:
Ok smiley I appreciate ur advice. It's too late for a change now.... and i've had no gaps at all. Academics and work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
U think so... I hope they dnt see it as strong ties in CA anyway.
hayqinsbFX:
Okaay
All the best.

Uv a good caase wit the pr hollder dere
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
I think dey don't mind u migrating...(dual intent is allowed)
They just want to make sure u dnt get to be a nuisance or a pest to other people.

If d Pr holder can get a letter of recommendation from where he works with his employment letter ans payslip.
It would work too..
favour0011:
U think so... I hope they dnt see it as strong ties in CA anyway.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
otosa:
and age doesn't matter for undergraduate over there?

I'm not sure age matters to secure the visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by favour0011: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yes.. he's availing me all that. Thanks Ffor your help bro. I pray u get ur trv asap.
hayqinsbFX:
I think dey don't mind u migrating...(dual intent is allowed)
They just want to make sure u dnt get to be a nuisance or a pest to other people.

If d Pr holder can get a letter of recommendation from where he works with his employment letter ans payslip.
It would work too..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
criousblack:

I'm still expecting my POE letter of introduction. MyCIC account is saying Application closed. Did you get your POE after your application was closed?

Got it before it was closed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Amin lo ruko Jesu.
favour0011:
Yes.. he's availing me all that. Thanks Ffor your help bro. I pray u get ur trv asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Royalkid: 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Cngraatulations

What date waas on your passport?

Guys can you see its not necessary to recieve an approval mail...We have mroe than enough cases now...

The rush hour no make dem dey remember to dey send approval mail..

13th july was wen the visa was issued. Passport was dispatched on the 22nd of july.

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.