Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074476 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 8:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
Do you watch Border Security? They share information to a very large extent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MichaelFinn: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
dgman11234:

Congrats!

How long did it take you to get admission decision? I applied today for masters, did you pay tuition?

No congratulations yet. When I enter Canada I would be happy to get that. Lol!

I applied in June last year. Got a response first week in November.

And No i didnt pay tuition. I wasn't required to pay tuition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MichaelFinn: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
TheBae:
Congrats @MichaelFinn.
Did you have at least a 4.0 in the last 2 years of your UG?

Nope I didnt. PM me I would explain how I got that admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
@GboyegaD
True, the issue has now been resolved, with evidence that US and Canada share information about visa applicants with each other. Read my posts after the one you quoted and you'll find links from US State Dept and CIC announcing said sharing.

Also, could you delete the long quote (my post that you quoted) in your previous post? It makes the thread run quickly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tonero230(m): 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
mirenda:

lol well it happened that my company used to give payslips before but stopped when the HR person left last year. I simply requested it from the present acting HR

Hv u submitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by burrytee(m): 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello house,can someone who has done evaluation wt WES Ca jst please feed me with a respond.having sent all my details,payment, transcript document for evaluation which were confirmed received. Am awaiting the evaluation report to be under three 3weeks from june 13.checking my status I could see" waiting for verification from institution" .I have been to my institution yet they claim no mail were sent from WES Ca.pls is it possible for me to track the exact date WES mailed my nigeria institution.thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
I really really do appreciate ur response sir/ma i'd ask d school if it's possible for me to change my course of study nd if it's not l'd draft d sop as u said. Thanx a lot really appreciate.
thesoj:
@adenikky07
Did you submit a Letter of Explanation (aka Statement of Purpose)? If "no", it is likely that the VO was not convinced about your motivations given that your undergraduate field of study (Human Resources) is different from your current occupation (Accountant) which is also different from the course you are planning to go for (International Business Management). This is often a reason for a "Purpose of Visit" delay.

I would suggest you write a convincing letter of explanation that clarifies your motivations for going to Canada given your prior study and current occupation. The content of this letter should address how long you plan on staying in Canada, how the diploma would help you realize your goals in Nigeria, etc. You have to stylishly convince the VO that you will come back to Naija after your program.

As per the "family ties in Canada and country of residence" reason, I'm not sure why the VO would tick this reason if you don't have family in Canada; do keep in mind though that once the VO has a big doubt about your application they sometimes just tick many reasons for denial. I suspect that if you write a strong SOP addressing all the issues, your chances would be much higher. If you have a big family in Naija, please somehow allude to that in your SOP.

Also, make sure you get someone to read your SOP before you submit your next application. Additionally, if you don't have a strong enough reason to convince the VO about your planned "International Business Management" course, then I would urge you to pick another course that you can more easily justify.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Joe980: 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
burrytee:
Hello house,can someone who has done evaluation wt WES Ca jst please feed me with a respond.having sent all my details,payment, transcript document for evaluation which were confirmed received. Am awaiting the evaluation report to be under three 3weeks from june 13.checking my status I could see" waiting for verification from institution" .I have been to my institution yet they claim no mail were sent from WES Ca.pls is it possible for me to track the exact date WES mailed my nigeria institution.thank you
Hi, did you get 'DOCUMENT VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION' mail from WES? That is what you should work with. If you have that keep pressing on your school, preferably the department involved. Print the mail for your school to track.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by badtsharpguy: 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Joe980:
It's a clear message, first one was directly from Accra informing dispatch while second is from vsf confirming it is on ground for pick up.

So Mr Joe980,

Are you saying that this email is a confirmation that it is ready for pick-up, cos I just got a similar mail from visaapplicationalert@vfshelpline.com minutes ago.

Please are you talking from experience or that's what you feel, kindly clarify.

Cos Omo Boi no get money to waste on T-fare and Anxiety.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
burrytee:

I doubt you can track it!!! LAUTECH / UNILAG for example seems is a well known institutions by WES, awaiting institution verification changed within a week to documents completed... NOW PROCESSING
( @ last applicant I applied for anyway ) Way forward: Keep asking ur School Transcripts officer for any WES update should your school is not among the" well known". #Godluck!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Your documents are at vfs lekki....
D mail can be confusing....but that's what it says...
badtsharpguy:

So Mr Joe980,

Are you saying that this email is a confirmation that it is ready for pick-up, cos I just got a similar mail from visaapplicationalert@vfshelpline.com minutes ago.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
eej2015:
I am one of the folks who have learn so much from this forum and also made friend @ Gu2015 here. Below are my timelines and document submitted.

DOCUMENT
1. All CIC document
2. B.Sc and M.Sc certificate
3. Funding letter
4. Award letter for bsc and msc funding
5. publication
6. Employment letter
7. Birth Certificate
8. Passport visa pages
9. Acceptance letter
1o. Letter of Explanation
11. Marriage Certificate
TIMELINES
Applied on June 1
Biometric on June 8
Medical request on July 16th
Medical Passed on July 19th
Passport Request on 24th
Approval Mail on 30th
Passport collected by UPS on 31st
Passport received on 3rd of August.
I will be going to University of Saskachewan for PhD mechanical. Thanks all for your help all through this period.

Congratulations... God win.... I tap into your testimony IJN(Amen)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2015
Kindly share it with the house. I'm sure many of us are curious.
MichaelFinn:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Joe980: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
badtsharpguy:

So Mr Joe980,

Thanks.
All correct! Confirmed from experience. I go refund your t-fare if am wrong. cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
burrytee:
Relax, they will update you as soon as they through with the accurate findings. I also went through WES.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obiaguna(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
Guys , sorry to disturb. Pls who has an estimate of the average fees for Memorial uni. Msc for 2years. Plus if given admission, are u required to pay in installments.
I would be a full member of this thread soon. God wiling.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Go on mun.ca, all the tuition information is there!
obiaguna:
Guys , sorry to disturb. Pls who has an estimate of the average fees for Memorial uni. Msc for 2years. Plus if given admission, are u required to pay in installments.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Google is your friend. If you have access to this forum, then you sure are able to go to MUN's website to answer this trivial question. Also, you should email the school to ask about payment installments... heck, the MUN website might even have the answer sef.

I entered this search phrase ("memorial university international student graduate tuition" ) into Google, and the first link answers your question. Please don't be lazy, no offense. Use the internet to your advantage.

obiaguna:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BeulahHephziba: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
burrytee:

In my opinion, I will suggest you don't stress yourself up. Leave the processing for them and your school. Pray about it and leave it there. No stress.
Why did I say that? PERSONAL experience.Months ago, my husband and I requested for WES assessment. The two of us went to the same schs (OAU &UNILAG) both UG and Masters. Do you know that mine was delayed for more than a month during the process of verification. On the other hand, my husband's verification was competing with the speed of light. Me, I did not worry my self o, I just dey watch various seasons WES and my Schs they perform. I Have paid WES to go through the stress of obtaining whatever verification they want, I can only help by supporting them in prayers. NO STRESS, so leave them to it, your result will come, it's their show, sit back and watch it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
You just have to wait for another update. Are you saying that it has been "waiting for verification" since June 13?
What school did you attend?
Don't let the student/academic affairs office rest.
Did a staff from your school fill the form that WES asked to be sent with your transcript?
Is your school on the list of WES' verified unis? (if not, they might still recognise your uni, it just might take some time)
Go ahead with your admission process and email the school telling them that WES is delaying. My WES evaluation took almost 6 weeks and the result got to the school a month after admission deadline. Just keep in touch with them. Don't worry too much
burrytee:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
Very private person I guess...
I also wanna know how you got your admission with 2:2...
That your "don't congratulate me yet" put me off.
May I PM you too?
MichaelFinn:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obiaguna(m): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
TheBae:
Go on mun.ca, all the tuition information is there!

Hello, there's no way I wouldn't have gone to the site. Thing is this schools can put something there and actually mean another when its time to pay. So I wanted to hear from Nigerians that currently school there. Site says Msc for international students is $10000 but it didn't state if it was for one year or the two years.
I just needed to hear from guys there without having to email the school. U get?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by obiaguna(m): 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
thesoj:
Google is your friend. If you have access to this forum, then you sure are able to go to MUN's website to answer this trivial question. Also, you should email the school to ask about payment installments... heck, the MUN website might even have the answer sef.

I entered this search phrase ("memorial university international student graduate tuition" ) into Google, and the first link answers your question. Please don't be lazy, no offense. Use the internet to your advantage.

Relax..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 9:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
The house is very curious to hear the story of your admission with 2:2. Did you average at least 3.5 CGPA on your last two years of BSc? grin

MichaelFinn:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MichaelFinn: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
TheBae:
Kindly share it with the house. I'm sure many of us are curious.

Let me summarize it. I had someone in the Graduate Office hint me.

TempusQ:
May I PM you too?

No offense brother. When I land CA. I would testify in full. You never know what can happen at POE.

thesoj:
The house is very curious to hear the story of your admission with 2:2. Did you average at least 3.5 CGPA on your last two years of BSc? grin

No sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
I'm not sure you got the right information, that can't be from the site (I stand to be corrected). This is what I just found. It also shows the payment plans. I hope it helps. Mind you, the tuition varies depending on the course you're going for which is why your question should be more detailed and directed at the school via email or telephone. Only they can give you accurate figures for your course. Please try to do more research next time. Questions like that are usually ignored on the forum. Cheers
https://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/fees_funding/
obiaguna:

Hello, there's no way I wouldn't have gone to the site. Thing is this schools can put something there and actually mean another when its time to pay. So I wanted to hear from Nigerians that currently school there. Site says Msc for international students is $10000 but it didn't state if it was for one year or the two years.
I just needed to hear from guys there without having to email the school. U get?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
thesoj:
@GboyegaD
True, the issue has now been resolved, with evidence that US and Canada share information about visa applicants with each other. Read my posts after the one you quoted and you'll find links from US State Dept and CIC announcing said sharing.

Also, could you delete the long quote (my post that you quoted) in your previous post? It makes the thread run quickly.

I was only stressing your point that they share information. As for the editing, will do that shortly. How are you enjoying your long weekend?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MichaelFinn: 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thinking about my TRV Application now. I made mistakes, omitted some documents and my SOP was 5 pages. To any VO who read my SOP I'm sure he/she saw my passion so much they gave me almost 3yrs TRV.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
So are you ready to share information of your application on the forum? If not, I'm not sure there's any use. People need details bruh
MichaelFinn:
Thinking about my TRV Application now. I made mistakes, omitted some documents and my SOP was 5 pages. To any VO who read my SOP I'm sure he/she saw my passion so much they gave me almost 3yrs TRV.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wow! @MichaelFinn. Congrats then!
Is this "hint" very sensitive? I suppose the "hint" is fully legal so I couldn't imagine how it would come back and bite you in the butt.
But I understand. grin

MichaelFinn:
No offense brother. When I land CA. I would testify in full. You never know what can happen at POE.
No sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
TheBae:
Congrats @MichaelFinn.
Did you have at least a 4.0 in the last 2 years of your UG?
MichaelFinn:

TempusQ:
May I PM you too?
But, on a second thought, this your "PM me I'll explain how I got it" is really suspicious.
You just registered with this your account in August 1st 2015
To be frank, I don't meant to rattle you...
If all of us should PM you on this particular issue.
What stops you from sharing it in the open than the luxury of replying to all of our PMs.
Just my thought my fellow e-sibblings.
MichaelFinn:

No sir.
Now this...
MichaelFinn:
Calm down you too they speed

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MichaelFinn: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
TempusQ:

But, on a second thought, this your "PM me I'll explain how I got it" is really suspicious.
You just registered with this your account in August 1st 2015
To be frank, I don't meant to rattle you...
If all of us should PM you on this particular issue.
What stops you from sharing it in the open than the luxury of replying to all of our PMs.
Just my thought my fellow e-sibblings.

Now this...

Calm down you too they speed

I stumbled on this thread in January. I have read every post every day till today. I didn't ask any questions because most of the questions I had were already asked and answered. I just registered to share my application timeline. I didn't know people would be interested in how I got my admission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.