Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076857 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by daudugodswill: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
@daudugodswill
Sorry about your delay.

You ahve to be strong. You are still very young so you shouldn't give up easily. Think about santohfils that got his on the third attempt.

Illl like to ask these questions.

What program are you going for bearing the fact that you're a minor you should be going for a UG.
Instead yousaid you're going to ICM for a preparatory diploma courses which was a tun off for the VO.

Let me say you made a mistake due to lack of exposure or ignorance.

Now I want you to get a straight UG admission in any school of your choice and refire.

I am very very positive you will get it.

You don't need to f** canada,..u didn't maximise your circumstance to your advantage.

Thank u brodaly.. the truth of the matter is that this college i applied to his affiliated to a University, so once u are done with the fondation at the college which is one year, you get admitteed into the University where you would complete ur remaining three years for ur required course.. and to apply to get admisson into this college is FREE and they dont require u to have IELTS and TOEFL

But what really surprised me is that personal asset and finance, Wat do they ezpect me to do am a minor.. not yet leaving on my own... and i attached the asset of my sponsor...

But conxerning the purpose of visit i think j made a mistake there because i didny attach my Academic transcripts (SSCE AND WAEC) I guess thats the rreason for purpose of visit but for the NOW am APPLYING to anoda country...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Dis one dat lots of u got dispatch...mine still dey read process even after case enquiry sho...." well I wish u guys best..av got 2 frds who got det TRV without approval mail recently...b positive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Sup @habukoh @aahyotomiwa @waleakins Did you get dispatch yesterday?
a akins my name sake. I wish u trv o. I did my medicals lastwk wednesday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by staydogged: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2015
forget the personal assets they just needed an accomplice for purpose of visit
the VO isnt looking at it from your angle.
get a UG and reapply
a lot of UG programs all over canada dont require IELTS or TOEFL......even if it requires it do it.
daudugodswill:

Thank u brodaly.. the truth of the matter is that this college i applied to his affiliated to a University, so once u are done with the fondation at the college which is one year, you get admitteed into the University where you would complete ur remaining three years for ur required course.. and to apply to get admisson into this college is FREE and they dont require u to have IELTS and TOEFL

But what really surprised me is that personal asset and finance, Wat do they ezpect me to do am a minor.. not yet leaving on my own... and i attached the asset of my sponsor...

But conxerning the purpose of visit i think j made a mistake there because i didny attach my Academic transcripts (SSCE AND WAEC) I guess thats the rreason for purpose of visit but for the NOW am APPLYING to anoda country...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2015
Yeah..so have you tried tracking your passport today?

Thanks for the wishes
waleakins:
a
akins my name sake. I wish u trv o. I did my medicals lastwk wednesday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:08am On Aug 13, 2015
That's for the wishes o...
Did your friends do upfront medicals?
ahyotomiwa:
Dis one dat lots of u got dispatch...mine still dey read process even after case enquiry sho...." well I wish u guys best..av got 2 frds who got det TRV without approval mail recently...b positive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2015
@thesoj, @berexio1
Sorry guys, slept off last night.
You are so on point with your analysis. If he had included that in his initial list of documents I think it'd have been really obvious what went wrong. New school, different program, of course it's a brand new application and new things can pop up.
No one on the thread will even advise any graduate to go for advance diploma cos we know how badly it affects one's application.
@standupguy I think that switch showed a bit of desperation. I'm sure you addressed it in your SOP but the VO was obviously not convinced. It looks like a "by all means" situation + your brother being staying after school was like the little icing on the cake.
If you have the strength, you can do a final application with either a Masters or PGD admission, it's more suitable with your age and work experience. Success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2015
@dauudugodswill
Your intentions are understood.
Did you state in your SOP you clear intentions.

I hope you didn't assume the VO would understand you wish to further after completion of the diploma.

If it's possible to get a conditional admission for a UG stating you will be given admission on completion of your diploma program.

To save you stress just get an undergraduate program and apply.
You should be fine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 8:15am On Aug 13, 2015
No.dey both were called 4 meds.. don't boda ur sef it's well..anoda way u cud ease ur sef of dat feeling is to mail requestin update on ur app.."but dats if dey reply u sha..ad sum1 do dat n it worked"

Now u ppl abeg wat else can I do O..av sent mails..sent case enquiry..no single responx.."any idea of a phone no I can call"..m just frustrated wit d whole ish..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2015
My brother.
In all these, I'm just happy my wait is almost over.
I hope they have more than a day of dispatch in a week o...thats the only way out now.

Because we have just 3more dispatch days before most schools resume.
And after a dispatch you have 5days before you get ur passport.
This means the last dispatch day is reall irrelevant
ahyotomiwa:
No.dey both were called 4 meds.. don't boda ur sef it's well..anoda way u cud ease ur sef of dat feeling is to mail requestin update on ur app.."but dats if dey reply u sha..ad sum1 do dat n it worked"

Now u ppl abeg wat else can I do O..av sent mails..sent case enquiry..no single responx.."any idea of a phone no I can call"..m just frustrated wit d whole ish..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2015
I just wish I av a clue to wen dis waiting wud b ova 4 me.."4 weeks to medicals..and now 6weeks again after d meds was done norin...

I tot ppl get responx from specific case enquiry like in a week..even if dey say within 28 days..I pray it all ends well anyway..my sch resumes sept 1.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:33am On Aug 13, 2015
September 1!
It's good you have done medicals though...
Start doing underground preparations like getting your ATMM cards and token...

ahyotomiwa:
I just wish I av a clue to wen dis waiting wud b ova 4 me.."4 weeks to medicals..and now 6weeks again after d meds was done norin...

I tot ppl get responx from specific case enquiry like in a week..even if dey say within 28 days..I pray it all ends well anyway..my sch resumes sept 1.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 8:34am On Aug 13, 2015
ahyotomiwa:

Not even an automated response?? If that's the case, send your messages through another email address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Morning house, please if you want to reapply, how was are you going to pay at the vfs? Somebody call me and ask me this question.. that is why am here to ask the gurus... good news ahead for all Trv hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2015
@graviton2 HOWFaR
What document did the embassy reequire?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by senarthor(m): 8:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Please I need a response to my question...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by teesboy: 9:11am On Aug 13, 2015
senarthor:
Please I need a response to my question...
Go to VFS with all documents relevant to your application and NGN 40-45K cash to allow for fluctuation in the CAD235 equivalent. The VFS staff will assist you with payment and submission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ahyotomiwa: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2015
U would always get d automated responx...I mean responx from dem....Akin underground prep ke...with wetin dey sele now..my bank stuff r intact..token n likes....i just want it all ova
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by waleakins: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
Yeah..so have you tried tracking your passport today?

Thanks for the wishes

Yea, still processing in accra msg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2015
It is well..
waleakins:

Yea, still processing in accra msg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
TheBae:
@thesoj, @berexio1
Sorry guys, slept off last night.
You are so on point with your analysis. If he had included that in his initial list of documents I think it'd have been really obvious what went wrong. New school, different program, of course it's a brand new application and new things can pop up.
No one on the thread will even advise any graduate to go for advance diploma cos we know how badly it affects one's application.
@standupguy I think that switch showed a bit of desperation. I'm sure you addressed it in your SOP but the VO was obviously not convinced. It looks like a "by all means" situation + your brother being staying after school was like the little icing on the cake.
If you have the strength, you can do a final application with either a Masters or PGD admission, it's more suitable with your age and work experience. Success

I am inclined to agree with you but also note that advanced diplomas take 3yrs but for the fast track which is considered in most schools as a post graduate program takes 2yrs.
E.g the chemical production and power engineering program - accelerated at lambton college is listed as a post graduate program that offers advanced diploma on graduation. (2yrs).

Secondly why would schools create such discrepancies for CIC to take advantage of it?

I will be requesting for my file sha just to put this to rest at least.
We also need to clear it up so people don't fall into the trap.

It will be extremely painful if this was the only reason.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 9:45am On Aug 13, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
It is well..

Boss came down, them go tidy you.
If them mess up then come make we go Australia go study.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TempusQ(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2015
Not yet, still being processed in Accra...
I did upfront medics and submitted on 26th June, PGC...
Hoping for the best...
Thanks!!!
thesoj:
Lol true. I eventually did. Heard anything about your application? Did you do upfront medicals?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 9:47am On Aug 13, 2015
daudugodswill:
Just collected my passport.. was delayed

Reasons are:
Purpose of Visit and
Personal asset and finance

Am a minor(17years of age) do they expect me to go and steal my fathers money and open account

I was called for medical i did it and now am getting a refusal

I attached my sponsors personal asset running close to #40m(landed property) cover letter and every but yet still got this... xo bleeped up... am going to mail my skul to refund my money.... Going elsewehere... I will be im Canada one day but for the now Canada Fu-*k u....

DENIED ON TWO REASONS
*PURPOSE OF VISIT
You're a minor, and you didn't even use any guardian service or legal custodian,
Definitely CIC isn't convinced you intend to study

*FINANCES
Having (40million) as landed property does not show you have enough money to sponsor you education!
CIC doesn't expect your dad to sell his property to support you education

The landed property show ties majorly for your dad, not for you!
Did you even include
1.family photographs?
2.Letters of recomendation from church,mosque or highschool?
3.Letter of long term prospect

Yes "they don't expect you to steal your dads money"
CAUSE
all banks have 'student accounts' and they expect you to have one, with sufficient funds

Ps: telling canada f*uck u here wouldn't do..! It wouldn't reach them!

You have two options

You can mail them a f*ck you OR refire with a better plan and the intentions of a genuine student

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by olageeee(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2015
Program Overview
The Computer Systems Technician – Networking
(Fast Track) program is for you if you have
completed a college or university program and
wish to get into the computer industry faster.
The offering will allow qualified college or
university graduates to gain direct admission
into the second year (semester three) of the
two-year program and receive their diploma in
one year (two semesters). It attracts university
graduates from around the world.

@standupguy
..This is d case of centennial college,I dnt see ny reasons why u cant the skull dnt even mind u already having a BSC....CIC just make pple over think
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
@graviton2 HOWFaR
What document did the embassy reequire?

I called the VAC helpline as instructed and they asked me to send the email I received to their help-mail. Their reply wasn't helpful, they just said my processed passport was already in Lagos and they wanted me to come pick it up. Going to UPS today with a letter of authorization and collection slip so they can get it on my behalf.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jagaban17: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2015
standupguy:

I am inclined to agree with you but also note that advanced diplomas take 3yrs but for the fast track which is considered in most schools as a post graduate program takes 2yrs.
E.g the chemical production and power engineering program - accelerated at lambton college is listed as a post graduate program that offers advanced diploma on graduation. (2yrs).

Secondly why would schools create such discrepancies for CIC to take advantage of it?

If that be the case then I think anyone ready for an appeal would have a case.

My other friend has gotten his TRV with the course at Lambton...in fact I adviced him to . I'm also going for the same. Im still waiting for mine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2015
standupguy:

If that be the case then I think anyone ready for an appeal would have a case.
Guy, I want you to still have HOPE, u will have ur TRV, just do as people said, call for gcms file and retire. How many days or weeks or months will it takes to see outcome of cic, on issue of gcms. Pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:06am On Aug 13, 2015
ahyotomiwa:

Last year, this number called me after two months of my medicals and asked me why I haven't done my medicals, told them I have and they said they haven't seen it, bla bla, bottom line is, the caller said she is a VO calling from Accra Embassy.
You may wanna call it. (and I was in your case last year, I did first medicals (2 months without show) did the second one (and got replied about 6 to 7 months later with a denial)

+233302211521

GoodLuck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2015
omooba2015:

Guy, I want you to still have HOPE, u will have ur TRV, just do as people said, call for gcms file and retire. How many days or weeks or months will it takes to see outcome of cic, on issue of gcms. Pls reply

30 days offically
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2015
jagaban17:

My other friend has gotten his TRV with the course at Lambton...in fact I adviced him to . I'm also going for the same. Im still waiting for mine.

You see want I mean!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.