Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1076540 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BeulahHephziba: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Yes you are right, my husband confirmed what you said. He said, he was asked to do another WES caip document by document evaluation to get licence to work in Canada. Engineering stuffs. Cuz engineering is a regulated discipline, can't practice without a licence.

quote author=TheBae post=36951176]That's because you did the basic evaluation and not a course by course evaluation. If you had done that, your cgpa would have been revaluated as well so it'll show what it is on a 4point scale
[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
lakusi:

Hello TheBae,

I can see you know so much about this WES evaluation. I did an evaluation on their website few months ago by inputting my courses and grades after which I got a result of my CGPA converted to 4.00.

Could you please check the website and try inputting your grades to see if the outcome is the same as what you got after WES did your course by course evaluation? If it's the same then guyz in the house can try the website 1st b4 making any payment to WES.

See below a screenshot of what I got back then although my CGPA was 4.10/5.00 and 4.54 /5.00 in my last 2yrz (if WES considers the last 2yrz tho)

Thank you as u continue helping the house members. grin
see as u take style enter first class..Am very sure this results from WES takes into consideration a lot of unfavorable conditions that are eliminated once u are overseas..No wander Naija students represent academically over there...I was even shocked to learn that I had 80 percent from an evaluation of my transcript from my sch..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
I dont know anything other than what i experienced with my own evaluation. WES evaluates everything not just the last 2 years. It's the schools that usually put more emphasis on the last 2 years. I'll do what you asked and let you know if it's the same thing.
lakusi:

Hello TheBae,
I can see you know so much about this WES evaluation. I did an evaluation on their website few months ago by inputting my courses and grades after which I got a result of my CGPA converted to 4.00.
Could you please check the website and try inputting your grades to see if the outcome is the same as what you got after WES did your course by course evaluation? If it's the same then guyz in the house can try the website 1st b4 making any payment to WES.
See below a screenshot of what I got back then although my CGPA was 4.10/5.00 and 4.54 /5.00 inast 2yrz (if WES considers the last 2yrz tho
Thank you as u continue helping the house members. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ada4all, how far? U belong to everybody oo from this ur moniker..Any news?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by BeulahHephziba: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
Yes, I'll forward it to you. Mind you, I am a sexy girl married with children. NOT a SIR.
No offence taken. Cheers.

hayqinsbFX:
I don't mind to have a look sir.

Do you mean a WES evaluation won't put you in good stead when you apply compared to university traanscripts.?

I onlly got that info from a friend thaat claimed to have used it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lakusi(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
TheBae:
I'll do what you asked and let you know if it's the same thing.

Okay pls do and kindly let the house know the outcome. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lakusi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
berexio1:
see as u take style enter first class..Am very sure this results from WES takes into consideration a lot of unfavorable conditions that are eliminated once u are overseas..No wander Naija students represent academically over there...I was even shocked to learn that I had 80 percent from an evaluation of my transcript from my sch..

Loool me I don claim the 1st class sef. BTW no worry after I chop TRV, I go find and show you my distinction after my M.Eng program. Naija students wey dey studious dey represent us wella abroad. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dallydd: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
dallydd:
please can someone with HND certificate get admitted for master program in Canada ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
omooba2015:

Birthday boy.... Many happy returns in life, cic are just doing there own ni, God will put smile on ur face very soon... shocked

Please boss, how many page is letter of acceptance from the school to the embassy? I got a page copy of acceptance letter from a school.

Please reply asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Kindly do so I'll have a view about where I stand with the course by course evaluaton.
TheBae:
I dont know anything other than what i experienced with my own evaluation. WES evaluates everything not just the last 2 years. It's the schools that usually put more emphasis on the last 2 years. I'll do what you asked and let you know if it's the same thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by dallydd: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
please can someone with HND certificate get admitted for master program in Canada ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
lakusi:

Loool me I don claim the 1st class sef. BTW no worry after I chop TRV, I go find and show you my distinction after my M.Eng program. Naija students wey dey studious dey represent us wella abroad. cheesy
What sch are u going btw? I almost read EE in my Uni days..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
Yes, I heard that some employers even ask to see the evaluation before giving jobs.
BeulahHephziba:
Yes you are right, my husband confirmed what you said. He said, he was asked to do another WES caip document by document evaluation to get licence to work in Canada. Engineering stuffs. Cuz engineering is a regulated discipline, can't practice without a licence.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hello house.
Am about making flight ticket payment online for Delta airline. My question is ... Can someone pass through US to Halifax without a transit Visa? Or I should jejely hunt for outside US enroute to Canada.
Am open for brotherly advice please.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
grabeconnie:

Please boss, how many page is letter of acceptance from the school to the embassy? I got a page copy of acceptance letter from a school.

Please reply asap
Mine is 4pages... And it's depend on schools. At least 2pages from other school, I m stand to be corrected.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
funmi14:
Hello house.
Am about making flight ticket payment online for Delta airline. My question is ... Can someone pass through US to Halifax without a transit Visa? Or I should jejely hunt for outside US enroute to Canada.
Thanks

Coming from Nigeria without transit visa via USA, i will advice you find something that wont take you through USA.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by lakusi(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
berexio1:
What sch are u going btw? I almost read EE in my Uni days..

University of Regina, Saskatchewan.

I am in the documents gathering stage but scared as usual. sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
Yes. You can get a TRV with a US sponsor. My sister's app just got approved and she is in this scenario. The thing is I think her first application was denied because her US sponsor did not notarize his sponsorship documents plus we didn't submit the sponsor's original SOA; we had used photocopies.

In the second application, all the financial documents from the sponsor were original, and his letter of sponsorship and affidavit were notarized this time. Finally, the sponsor transferred one year's worth of tuition and living expenses to her student account at the uni she will be attending. We attached both the sponsor's transfer receipt as well as the university payment receipt. To the VO, this move demonstrates the sponsor's commitment to funding her education.

It is also possible her her first app was denied only because the sponsor's funds were all in the US. Maybe she got approved this time because the sponsor transferred one year's worth of expenses to her university student account in Canada. This would support the hypothesis that the VOs need to see that the money is in Naija or Canada.

ayooluwatoni:

SOJ, pls are you very certain I can use a sponsor with statement of account in the US? Is there anyone you know who did that and got TRV? There's been lots of issues on that topic, peeps saying funds available for one's study/trip must either be in the applicant's country of residence (which in my case is Nigeria) or destination (Canada). I just want to be 100% sure this is not valid or binding for Canada visa applications. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lol thanks.

TheBae:
Of course we saw it and your civil response, we see everything. No one replied because it wasn't worthy of a reply. Many of us were silently impressed about how calmly you handled that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
thesoj:
Yes. You can get a TRV with a US sponsor. My sister's app just got approved and she is in this scenario. The thing is I think her first application was denied because her US sponsor did not notarize his sponsorship documents plus we didn't submit the sponsor's original SOA; we had used photocopies.

In the second application, all the financial documents from the sponsor were original, and his letter of sponsorship and affidavit were notarized this time. Finally, the sponsor transferred one year's worth of tuition and living expenses to her student account at the uni she will be attending. We attached both the sponsor's transfer receipt as well as the university payment receipt. To the VO, this move demonstrates the sponsor's commitment to funding her education.

It is also possible her her first app was denied only because the sponsor's funds were all in the US. Maybe she got approved this time because the sponsor transferred one year's worth of expenses to her university student account in Canada. This would support the hypothesis that the VOs need to see that the money is in Naija or Canada.

Big brother, I m still expecting ur mail sir...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by phrancisco: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hello Guyz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Coming from Nigeria without transit visa via USA, i will advice you find something that wont take you through USA.
Do you know how to apply for transit Visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
funmi14:
Hello house.
Thanks

Fly through EgyptAir via Cairo. You don't require a transit visa.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by CruzAj(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
funmi14:
Hello house.
Thanks
Try KLM it takes you to Amsterdam from Lagos then from Amsterdam to Toronto, Toronto to Halifax thats how mine is am going to Halifax too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by phrancisco: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hello Guyz, am so sad right now, I have been a silent follower since July this year, I just tracked my application and discovered it was dispatched yesterday without a medical call and going by that we all know the outcome, this makes it the 2nd time I have been delayed, the first being last year. I found out about this forum after I submitted my second application late June, even though I wish I found out earlier. Anyways I intend to pick up my documents by next week and share the reasons why I was delayed this time around. The 1st time was due to the fact that the VO didn't feel I provided enough info to show I will come back at d end of my program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 5:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
No probs. I will still post the documents summary. I was in the process of listing it yesterday but when I was almost done something happened to my browser and I lost the whole post. It takes some time to scrub off all the personal info from the documents list so I'll have to do it again sometime within the day.

@omooba2015, I didn't forget. I live in a different time zone and I just woke up not too long ago.

berexio1:
@thesoj...Waiting for the list of docs and the blue-print wey una use for ur sister's TRV application..
**Edited**
Oh forgive me, I just found ur 'ROBUST REPLY' on the app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by phrancisco: 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Going forward I intend to reapply but this time around I will really appreciate all the help I can get from u Guyz over here, knowing fully well that a lot of u have some experience in this area. I strongly believe that delay is not denial. For all those still expecting their Trv I wish u Guyz success.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
@hayqinsbFX, @lakusi
I have just done the online evaluation and it is the exact same CGPA on a 4point scale as I got on my actual WES evaluation so it is 100% verified!
If you're interested in seeing the results to compare by yourself, you can PM me so I'll email it to you

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Turpsie(f): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
@turpsie..wats d update on ur app now?

It's still being processed at the Canadian embassy in accra
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
funmi14:

Do you know how to apply for transit Visa?

Never had to . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by omooba2015(m): 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
phrancisco:
Hello Guyz, am so sad right now, I have been a silent follower since July this year, I just tracked my application and discovered it was dispatched yesterday without a medical call and going by that we all know the outcome, this makes it the 2nd time I have been delayed, the first being last year. I found out about this forum after I submitted my second application late June, even though I wish I found out earlier. Anyways I intend to pick up my documents by next week and share the reasons why I was delayed this time around. The 1st time was due to the fact that the VO didn't feel I provided enough info to show I will come back at d end of my program.
Sure.. Just try to list all documents you submitted in your first and second application and d reason for delay... The house will help in tackle it by God grace...smile!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.