Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077117 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by airhunde: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
@chop33 how u de?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by pcachuks(f): 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
mevisbleek:

My dear please compare standard of living. U will be making money here and spending it here and not naija Eg house girl in naija 10-20k a month, live in care giver here minimum $1600 a month, think am how u go pay house girl over 200k lol. Anywayz make I focus on helping students. I can go all day. Naija is still the best trust me

@mevisbleek for sure Naija is the best but don't forget that even the rich suffer in Naija,U look 45 yrs when you are 35 years because everything is stress.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Perotti: 11:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello house, I intend to apply for a visitor visa thru paper route. Please where in Lagos is the VAC office located? Pls give a Gud description as I am coming from Ibadan.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
pcachuks:

@mevisbleek for sure Naija is the best but don't forget that even the rich suffer in Naija,U look 45 yrs when you are 35 years because everything is stress.

smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kol1234: 12:02am On Jun 24, 2015
Please is it compulsory(MUST) to get a 2-way ticket being a 1st time traveler?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 12:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Perotti:
Hello house, I intend to apply for a visitor visa thru paper route. Please where in Lagos is the VAC office located? Pls give a Gud description as I am coming from Ibadan.

Thanks

Thank Chars1289 for this, i used his description in my time and it worked 100% for me.

find your way to Obalende or CMS.
Take a bus going to Lekki -Ajah
Drop at Ikate roundabout.
(it is the 3rd roundabout if you start counting from the Toll Gate)
after you drop from the bus, cross carefully,
you should see a GTB decorated gate, enter it. that is the ikate road.
Look for a building called Manor House.
it is on the left of the street.

if you use a Smart Phone. take a snapshot of this and use it for your journey.
also write it on a paper for backup.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 12:13am On Jun 24, 2015
kol1234:

No its not.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 12:42am On Jun 24, 2015
Hi everyone...my admission came late so I have to apply ASAP. I need advice on two things....
1. I studied Mechanical engineering in my first degree finished 2010....served between 2011 and 2012. Started working in a bank in 2013. NOW I got admission for a diploma in Safety and risk engineering. What can I possible use as home ties since I can't get study leave from my organisation....reason being that my intended course of study has nothing to do with banking.

2. How do I go about filling the questioneer? Do I have to print and complete in ink?.....Am going by paper route

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 12:46am On Jun 24, 2015
vinegar:
Hi everyone...my admission came late so I have to apply ASAP. I need advice on two things....
1. I studied Mechanical engineering in my first degree finished 2010....served between 2011 and 2012. Started working in a bank in 2013. NOW I got admission for a diploma in Safety and risk engineering. What can I possible use as home ties since I can't get study leave from my organisation....reason being that my intended course of study has nothing to do with banking.

2. How do I go about filling the questioneer? Do I have to print and complete in ink?.....Am going by paper route

hi vinegar. you need all the help you can get on this matter

chrigo tnuola team12 mevisbleek justwise montrealer Finestlex ogas that i skipped your name nor vex ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 12:53am On Jun 24, 2015
chrisviral how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 1:15am On Jun 24, 2015
kol1234:
hello bro, have u checked ur emailbox.I pmed you abt Edmonton
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by akanni(m): 2:07am On Jun 24, 2015
vinegar:

why are you going for that specific course?
what are your plans with your intended course?
answering these questions will help know what line of action to take.
to be honest, this is a tough one!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 2:40am On Jun 24, 2015
akanni:

why are you going for that specific course?
what are your plans with your intended course?
answering these questions will help know what line of action to take.
to be honest, this is a tough one!

The courses are actually related.... Safety, reliability and risk management are key areas/components of Mechanical engineering, engineering management as well as all engineering disciplines. He can simply state that that area has been his main attraction to Mechanical engineering, hence, his decision to utilize this opportunity to specialize in safety and risk engineering. He'll be fine.

If he joined any professional body since graduation from school.... It'll go a long way in taking care of the home ties...

Working in a bank, though not related to your course directly, but has played a role in the development of your people management skill and ability to work and deliver results under pressure and stuffs like that.

All the best in your application

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 24, 2015
Perotti:

Thanks
From Ibadan Iwo road, take a bus going to Ajah Lagos. From Ajah, take a bus going to Lekki and alight at Ikate bus stop. You will be dropped at a roundabout. It's the 5th roundabout from the toll gate. Just walk in through the gate to your right and Vac is the first building after a junction to your left. You can ask anyone. This will make your journey faster as there won't be much traffic cos u won't come through Berger neither will u have to go through CMS and its more straight forward.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 3:33am On Jun 24, 2015
vinegar:

When you say diploma, do you mean undergraduate or postgraduate diploma? It is always advisable to go for a higher qualification than you already have as that gives your visa application chances a boost. You haven't exactly built a career in banking since you've been it for only two years. You can handle that with a statement in your Letter of Explanation saying that after a short lived stint in banking, you have come to the realization that your only true passion is in engineering, hence your return to school to improve your competencies.

As for home ties, the primary evidences are
1. Documents (C of O, deed of assignment, or survey plan) showing possession of landed property
2. Pictures showing close knit family relationship.
3. Membership of a professional organization
4. Statement of pension account
5. Letter of employment and letter approving study leave

In the absence of (or in addition to) the above, consider doing a court affidavit stating that you will return to Nigeria IMMEDIATELY after your studies.

#GodMustWin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by akanni(m): 3:46am On Jun 24, 2015
Onyeoma3:

The courses are actually related.... Safety, reliability and risk management are key areas/components of Mechanical engineering, engineering management as well as all engineering disciplines. He can simply state that that area has been his main attraction to Mechanical engineering, hence, his decision to utilize this opportunity to specialize in safety and risk engineering. He'll be fine.

If he joined any professional body since graduation from school.... It'll go a long way in taking care of the home ties...

Working in a bank, though not related to your course directly, but has played a role in the development of your people management skill and ability to work and deliver results under pressure and stuffs like that.

All the best in your application

so, he can actually say he has been working in a bank just to raise funds for his program.Also, due to the theoretical nature of the program in naija, the specific diploma program affords him the opportunity for a practical learning.He will have to link this to whatever he plans to come back to in naija in that field.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Onyeoma3: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2015
akanni:

so, he can actually say he has been working in a bank just to raise funds for his program.Also, due to the theoretical nature of the program in naija, the specific diploma program affords him the opportunity for a practical learning.He will have to link this to whatever he plans to come back to in naija in that field.

Make sense bro, raising funds and at the same time developing his soft skills cos the soft skill is indispensable in any professional setting be it engineering or otherwise

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by edogasz: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2015
olageeee:
Gm guys,

I got an admission to centennial college for pgd

have paid the $2,600 for acceptance

I submitted my app early june...

my question is I avnt gotten any mails or call

I have also paid part for accommodation

I hope its not late to keep expecting for sep fall....has I dey refresh my mail always...

wat is ur take on this guyz?my sponsor is my brother with a fair. SOA

Try and call them

Have you tried calling the school , they are suppose to send you your receipt and acceptance letter which you will use at the embassy . I had mine like around March . Centennial college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by edogasz: 7:20am On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=edogasz post=35089696][/quote]

Have you tried calling the school , they are suppose to send you your receipt and acceptance letter which you will use at the embassy . I had mine like around March . Centennial college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 7:59am On Jun 24, 2015
Tnx guys....how about the questioneer? How do I handle that?....am I printing it and completing it in ink?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by moronallah: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello all, I have just received my application document from canadian embassy Ghana after six weeks and I was refused study permit for lack of sufficient fund to pay my tuition fee. I am worried because I was admitted to a one year PGD program and the full tuition amount of about 25k canadian dollars have been fully paid for by my brother(sponsor) who also made available his account statement and fix deposit certificate in excess of 20m. The reason sited for my refusal is rediculous to me and I don't know what the real issue is. Can anyone advise? I was asked to reapply if situations change but i am considering just forgetting about all this foreign study thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Graviton2(m): 8:13am On Jun 24, 2015
Good news everywhere! I like this!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2015
richcasey:
chrisviral how far?

Nothing yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Crich(f): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2015
moronallah:
The reason sited for my refusal is rediculous to me and I don't know what the real issue is. Can anyone advise? I was asked to reapply if situations change but i am considering just forgetting about all this foreign study thing.
This is indeed very ridiculous. It's either the VO didn't notice u have paid tuition or you didn't clearly state it that you have. But if it was the later, ur sponsor's SOA is huge enough so i wonder why u were refused based on that reason.
I'm sure other guys here will respond to your post. Just relax, u should be able to reapply after some thoughts and suggestions. Hmm! These vos.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2015
edogasz:

Try and call them

He's talking abt visa app not the college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Caleycash(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2015
Ayoh05:
Thanks for all the best wishes.

Going for M.A in Environmental Policy at the Memorial University.

Note: I studied law at the undergraduate level and am going for Environmental Policy.

Applied for TRV on the 8th May, 2015 via the paper route. Medical mail: 18th June, 2015

Find below the list of submitted documents:

(1) All Embassy forms

(2) ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
*Letter of Admission; stating I have been offered admission and some financial support*
*Acceptance form; showing that I have actually accepted the offer and did not decline nor defer it.*
*WAEC Certificate*
*Uni Transcript & Certificate*

(3) PERSONAL DOCUMENTS

*Birth Certificate*
*Detailed Letter of Explanation*
*Letter from employer (a law-firm stating that I work there as an unpaid legal intern in the Corporate & Environmental Dept and will return as a salaried employee upon completion of my desired study)*
*Police Certificate*
*Copy of refusal letter of first application for UK visa*
*Stamped page of passport to UK*

(4) FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS

*Letter of parental support from dad stating that they (both parents) will be responsible for meeting the short fall of the scholarship amount.*
*Statement of Account of both parents*no

Applogies for any error, typing with a phone.
Good day bro; how was the supportive scholarship granted to you? and please verify for me if your school offer International relations or studies with diplomacy if available thank you in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by edogasz: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2015
tnuola:

He's talking abt visa app not the college

Okay . My bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Good day everyone. I am a newbie on here and this will be my first post.
I just got another admission into University of New Brunswick for Bachelor of Science as my first visa application was refused (Travel History, Purpose of visit). Please, masters in the house, i need to know what documents to upload (online route) as I am applying from Nigeria this time. (My first application was in Isarel) Thanks. Hope to hear from you masters soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by vinegar: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2015
Pls someone should assist with my second question...will really appreciate...

...how about the questioneer? How do I handle that?....am I printing it and completing it in ink?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 9:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Passed passed Passed passed
I want to run mad oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank Goodnessssss ooooooo

I just passed medicals after how many weeks, Yay!

25 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
chrisviral:
Passed passed Passed passed
I want to run mad oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thank Goodnessssss ooooooo

I just passed medicals after how many weeks, Yay!

Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2015
What's next after I pass medicals? Shey it's passport request!

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.