Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall (2226 Views)

Saraki And Ekweremadu Tutored On Life In Prison / Senators Who Followed Saraki And Ekweremadu To Court Today (photos) / There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Stoical: 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Let's take a closer look at these events and probably answer these pertinent questions...
Qtn 1: Who's choice was Lawan?(Tinubu or ...)
Qtn 2: Does Buhari feel very comfortable with those backing Lawan?
Qtn 3: Between the NE and NC, who has more political weight and backers? Note: Atiku factor has not yet been discussed...
Qtn 4: Does The former political godfathers still have a say in our politics? (OBJ, Atiku, Babangida...and the likes)
Lastly: How sure are we that "the meeting called by PMB at the time the National Assembly was supposed to be inaugurated was not planned? And how do we explain the fact that, PMB had earlier sent a letter, authorising the Inauguration of the 8th Assembly by the Clerk of the house?

Really, to clear the air... The house does elects its leader by simple majority (108 - 51 = 57)... So, they acted under the law.
To unseat the SP, they need 2/3 majority...

Wow! Buhari said, "I'll work with anybody, setting a precedence that he ain't supporting anyone, yet a "meeting" was called at the exact time where the house was to be inaugurated...(please, decipher this, my good friends)

2 Likes

Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by princemillla(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmmm

Let's wait n see what happen latter

Op, this need to get to Fp.... So more comments
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
console yourselves the more.

saraki is returning home to PDP even though he had said no when we pledged our support on sunday night at the golf club

2 Likes

Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by nmuhd: 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
hmmmm.
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Stoical: 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
princemillla:
Hmmmm

Let's wait n see what happen latter

Op, this need to get to Fp.... So more comments
Hey! I ain't MOD but as u said, more thoughtful comments are appreciated. Meanwhile, I hope u r not itching for FTC things? wink
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by kolatobs(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
how
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Caseless: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Don't blame BUHARI!

angry angry
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by sheymoni(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Who becomes the EFCC chairman is what concerns me
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Stoical: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Caseless:
Don't blame BUHARI!

angry angry

Bro, I ain't blaming him...I just said that he may have inadvertently dragged his party to this or it was equally knowingly orchestrated...
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Caseless: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Stoical:

Bro, I ain't blaming him...I just said that he may have inadvertently dragged his party to this or it was equally knowingly orchestrated...
ok. I understand.
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Indifferent(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ok! Brainless APC senators! How can they be so easily deceived!?
Since drug peddlers and dummies are now winning seats, I think I will contest for senate in the next elections. angry
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by whitecat1: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
I have said this on another thread, Buhari planned this out to say "THANK YOU" to Tinubu the best way he knows how, for the merger grin and Atiku got along as a northerner and to pay Tinubu back for supporting Buhari against him as the presidential candidate.

Tribal politics is Back and better, Yoruba need to jump on the band wagon!

Stoical:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Let's take a closer look at these events and probably answer these pertinent questions...
Qtn 1: Who's choice was Lawan?(Tinubu or ...)
Qtn 2: Does Buhari feel very comfortable with those backing Lawan?
Qtn 3: Between the NE and NC, who has more political weight and backers? Note: Atiku factor has not yet been discussed...
Qtn 4: Does The former political godfathers still have a say in our politics? (OBJ, Atiku, Babangida...and the likes)
Lastly: How sure are we that "the meeting called by PMB at the time the National Assembly was supposed to be inaugurated was not planned? And how do we explain the fact that, PMB had earlier sent a letter, authorising the Inauguration of the 8th Assembly by the Clerk of the house?

Really, to clear the air... The house does elects its leader by simple majority (108 - 51 = 57)... So, they acted under the law.
To unseat the SP, they need 2/3 majority...

Wow! Buhari said, "I'll work with anybody, setting a precedence that he ain't supporting anyone, yet a "meeting" was called at the exact time where the house was to be inaugurated...(please, decipher this, my good friends)

1 Like

Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Ama80(f): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
You are not far frm balancing d political equation dat played out today.lets keep solving hopefully we will get d answer.there are more to this than meet d eyes.Bukola's Sariki first point of cal aftr his inauguration was Atiku Abubakar.Wat do u cal dat?lik I said,let d calculations continue,we will definitely get d ans but wt time.
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Stoical: 6:18am On Jun 10, 2015
Ama80:
You are not far frm balancing d political equation dat played out today.lets keep solving hopefully we will get d answer.there are more to this than meet d eyes.Bukola's Sariki first point of cal aftr his inauguration was Atiku Abubakar.Wat do u cal dat?lik I said,let d calculations continue,we will definitely get d ans but wt time.

Yeah! Seriously, I woke up to read that in the media. And it goes to explain what I earlier tried to reason. Now, Buhari isn't even regretting the actions of Saraki, for having to do such wonders when he had "distracted" other senators... Well, whatever anyone says, the facts are getting clearer.
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Ayus34(m): 7:01am On Jun 10, 2015
I don't know where igbos now stand. At some point it looked like its GEJ or biafra and no one else. When GEJ lost, they adopted Jimi, it became Jimi Agbaje or no one else. It then became Ambode vs Igbos. When Jimi Lost, everyone remembered there was a biafra, serious agitation began. Somehow, the war between Fayose and apc law makers in Ekiti began, and Igbos became Nigerians again and Fayose became their correct man. Now, its Saraki and Dogara that are the Heros. I think even if Shekau of bokoharam contests against any choice of apc, Igbos will support him, it doesnt matter if he means bad for Nigeria. but I am happy that Igbos have accepted the Deputy senate president slot , Atleast we can have one Nigeria... somtimes it looks like they want Biafra then next thing they become Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Omoalhaja7: 7:23am On Jun 10, 2015
From my ow point of view, i see what happened @ both Senate & House of Rep as a well planned game with d same aim; to clip down d political wings of Tinubu. Daz all!!!
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by sinkhole: 7:44am On Jun 10, 2015
It is now clear that Buhari did not call for that meeting, some "dullards" in APC used Buhari's name to call for the meeting ( they may not actually be "dullards", they may actually be the game planners!)
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Stoical: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Unfortunately, PMB has often times prove that he will not be dragged into the politics of encroachment... Kudos Presido
Re: Saraki And Ekweremadu Senate Leadership - Buhari's Handwriting On The Wall by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
I think the northern camp already concluded Tinubu is asking for too much and they wanted to strip him down his powers over national politics ....... Tinubu doesn't want to shift ground and was forming as if he won it all for Buhari ...... these were all a bit to free Buhari from Tinubu ,...... the only card left for Jagaban now is Osinbajo .... A VP is powerless except contracts not power.....

Buhari can now monitor Tinubu so close.

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial List Under President Buhari / UK Agency Releases Press Statement On Diezani Alison-madueke's Arrest. (READ) / Buhari’s Daura Helipad Could Cost Nigeria $500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.