Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,603 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV (28656 Views)

Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Buhari Absent As Amosun, Yari And Ganduje Pray Inside Aso Rock / President Buhari Absent At FEC Meeting Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
LoLzzz!!!!
They chose GMB but they can't handle him.
They forget he's not a puppet!

They wana kill him b4 his time?

Abeg , for those who love movie interactions and reading interesting novels ,pls add me.

27602B95
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Rexology: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
It was not out of place to think that it was not Buhari that converned the meeting.The meeting was actually converned by Tinubu and co expecting Buhari to come and influence the Assembly members to deliver Lewan, don't forget Buhari had made it clear that he would not interfer in the leadership of the house, a decision that did not go down well with Tinubu,hence he tried to trick Buhari by converning the meeting.
If Buhari actually called for the meeting, what stoped him from showing up? Knowing fully well that he had already tranmitted the letter of 'Presidential Proclamation' to commence the proceeding by 10am, and up to few minutes to 11am, the members were stil waiting and hoping to receive Buhari,not until it dowmed on them that the game is over for them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
sosanova:
Who is fooling who
Buhari set up and played a fast one on Thief-nubu n his boys...Expect more abracadabra from Buhari, PDP n their hausa/fulani politicians in the coming days ... grin grin grin

grin grin grin MASTER will always teach his Slave Hard lesson
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Elmasu: 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
Is obvious dat PMB didn't want to meddle with dis very situation now and it's for his own goodwill.
APC LEADERSHIP IS FULL OF SHIT

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Saraki's emergence may not be good for APC but may be good enough for our democracy. As far as he doesn't oppose or antagonize the president unnecessarily, I am cool with him.
Don't worry,he can't. Immediately ee tries it, Buhari will just invoke all his EfCC cases then that will be all...
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Defcon1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
igbsam:
grin

If Only people here would see that the emergence of Bukola Saraki as Senate President is a victory for President Buhari. When a party chairman comes out to say Buhari is not the party leader and that he is a mere product of the party, then this is the result. Tinubu needs to be tamed. I'm glad politics in Nigeria is now going to be very Interesting.

Meanwhile, I want to know if Senator Bukola Saraki has accepted the condition of given to him by PDP to defect back to the party after supporting him.

You just gotta love Democracy!

He rejected the proposal even before his election, according to a news medium
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by wordcat(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
The reason we remain a nation is becaues Thers NO such thing as tribe or religion amoung our ruling class. They're just one big family. North, South, East and West is for you and me

geesampower:

Our politics in this country is something else. How we manage to remain a nation is a miracle. Even the igbos are not helping matters. I would have preferred someone from the east as the senate leader, so there would be regional balance as regards the 3 highest offices in land. Imagine, the speakership is either going to the southwest or north. By the way I am from the southwest, but this is serious maginalization and they igbos are the authors of their own

Thank you [/b]

Pls don't cry for the Easterners rather cry for your people who are losing in their own game.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by biteck(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
geesampower:
How can a party be this disorganized? angry

I think they are doing this because they know none of their candidates can win. They need someone they can trust from the Apc and they got it.
Our politics in this country is something else. How we manage to remain a nation is a miracle. Even the igbos are not helping matters. I would have preferred someone from the east as the senate leader, so there would be regional balance as regards the 3 highest offices in land. Imagine, the speakership is either going to the southwest or north. By the way I am from the southwest, but this is serious maginalization and they igbos are the authors of their own segregation. Too bad

Modified: some people quoted me thinking I say this cos I feel pity for the South East. LOl. No! No! No! Pity is only for the weak. I don't think the South Easterners are weak, so I don't say this out of pity, but I do for the future of all nigerians. Our leaders shld stop being after money and selfish interests and thing of the good of the nation as a whole. Investigate this whole drama that played out today and you will discover it was motivated by money and selfish interests not the interest of the nation.

Thank you
As in 1000000 millions likes for you.Nigeria needs more of people like you that believe in mutual respect and love.people who believe that even if you have grouse with the way any ethnic nationality is conducting herself,you need to point in out in the most polite manner.Ethnic bashing that we do here in NL fuels ethnic distrust and mutual hate among us.
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Fellonigerians: 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
torkaka:
President Muhammadu Buhari did not show up at the International Conference Center for the meeting slated to broker peace among the factions in the leadership tussle of the 8th National Assembly.

APC lawmakers-elect and some chieftains of the party had converged for the meeting only to hear that elections were going on at the National Assembly and that Senator Bukola Saraki had emerged the new Senate President.

It was reported that the members-elect, while waiting for the arrival of the President, started discussing in one of the meeting rooms in the conference center while journalists were barred from knowing what was going on.

After waiting for about two hours, the lawmakers, most of them members of the House of Reps stormed out of the conference center with the realisation that the situation at the Senate had happened behind them.

Present at the ICC meeting were some APC governors, chieftains of the party and former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu. The Spokesman of the party, Lai Mohammed, arrived several hours later.

In a swift reaction to the development, the party Chairman and some members of the APC who spoke to Channels Television said that they were studying the situation and would react at the right time.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/06/09/buhari-absent-at-apc-lawmakers-peace-meeting/

Buhari is learning fast. This is unlike him, so i have to believe that he supported Saraki and Ekweremmadu's emergence...
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Innomach(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Very interesting! I love this.
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by berrystunn(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari returned from a trip to Germany early Tuesday, and is reported to be preparing for an urgent intervention in a crisis rocking his All Progressives Congress (APC).

President Muhammadu Buhari returned from a trip to Germany early Tuesday, and is reported to be preparing for an urgent intervention in a crisis rocking his All Progressives Congress (APC).

Buhari arrives Munich, Germany Mr. Buhari arrived in Abuja after attending the G7 Summit in Germany. A Presidency source told SaharaReporters that the president’s jet touched ground in Abuja at 12:53 a.m., but he and and members of his delegation did not arrive at the Presidential
Lounge until 2 a.m.

Shortly after his arrival in Abuja, Mr. Buhari asked to be briefed about the crisis brewing in the APC over the party’s choice of candidates for the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Our source added that the president has summoned all lawmakers elected on the platform of the APC to an emergency meeting at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday at the International Convention Center. APC legislators are expected to move from the meeting to the National Assembly to take part in the inauguration of the National Assembly.

It is unclear if Senator Bukola Saraki will honor the invitation to meet with Mr. Buhari. Earlier today, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) endorsed Mr. Saraki
as their favorite to become Senate President. APC party officials had endorsed Yobe-born Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan as their official candidate for the Presidency of the Senate.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/09/buhari-returns-nigeria-meet-apc-legislators-900-am
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
film2:
Am still studying the situation and will say something in due time...
u better face ur studies...lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by onatisi(m): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Fellonigerians:

Buhari is learning fast. This is unlike him, so i have to believe that he supported Saraki and Ekweremmadu's emergence...
no sensible president will support tinubu in this case , if tinubu faction of the apc controls the senate leadership and house of reps leadership they will hold buhari to ransom and he will have to do their bidding. Having another power block controlling these 2 organs will work in favour of buhari check mating tinubu influence in his government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Masculity(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
torkaka:
. . . . . . . . . . . .This is getting interesting . . . . . . . . . .I think this drama is good for our democracy . . . . . . . . . . . .Buhari is not meddling into their affairs now . . . . . . . . .so will he not meddle when EFCC comes calling . . . . . . . . . .the national assembly doesn't have immunity

that's where season 2 will start. gringrin
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Lildreezy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Hunter?

Lol so ur own nah just to dey catch space bookers for all d FP threads on nairaland
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by yetunsbay(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Skillbobralph:
I like Buhari stand in this. He played smart and left Tinubu to be fooled.

That really means "He belongs to everybody and to nobody".

Kudos
I just expect Baba to be also belongs to everybody when EFCC come knocking on their doors(legislators

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Oiselenjakhian(m): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Correctman0606: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
geesampower:
How can a party be this disorganized? angry

I think they are doing this because they know none of their candidates can win. They need someone they can trust from the Apc and they got it.
Our politics in this country is something else. How we manage to remain a nation is a miracle. Even the igbos are not helping matters. I would have preferred someone from the east as the senate leader, so there would be regional balance as regards the 3 highest offices in land. Imagine, the speakership is either going to the southwest or north. By the way I am from the southwest, but this is serious maginalization and they igbos are the authors of their own segregation. Too bad

Modified: some people quoted me thinking I say this cos I feel pity for the South East. LOl. No! No! No! Pity is only for the weak. I don't think the South Easterners are weak, so I don't say this out of pity, but I do for the future of all nigerians. Our leaders shld stop being after money and selfish interests and thing of the good of the nation as a whole. Investigate this whole drama that played out today and you will discover it was motivated by money and selfish interests not the interest of the nation.

Thank you
Quote: How we remained as a or one nation is a miracle: unquote
I will like to ask if you were so far from Nigeria or that you are not accessible to tv, news papers such that you are sounding as if all what is playing out right now is a great surprise to you? Your post shows that you are of age and to a large extent not new to how this country is as at today. Don't you know that from now on, Nigeria will never be the same any more? You should expect that from today upward, no party will ever satisfy those who are out of the ethnic group that wins any elections. I bet you even if Buhari turn this country to Parish, Dubai or like some most powerful economies, I personally will always talk against him? Let me inform that where we are now is not about performance but purely tribal and religion. If you are not from my ethnic group, then even if you like turn yourself to an Angel, you are nothing to others. All of these are the resultant effect of the last election. Just one example why this country will never be one and the same again.Dino Malaye is now a senator under apc. Alrufai is now a governor under apc. Nuhu Ribadu failed because he came under pdp. Be the Judge yourself. How on earth can these two men win and Nuhu failed? Alrufai, one of the most corrupt Nigerian was voted for because he came under apc. Alrufai, when he was in Abuja, under Obasanjo sold all the lands to friends, family members, gave as many as possible to Obasanjo,. He forcefully realocated even the genuine one with C of O and give to others, awarded all the survey and planning contracts to himself etc etc. Dino on the hand was messed up under pdp for one of the most corrupt, indesciple and irrresponsible man was reelected becaused he came under apc. Are you now saying that those Niger Deltans, and the entire south south should dance, clap hands and jubilate over this open gang up against the Izon man, GEJ? As you saying if Nuhu had contested under apc, would you people vote him out? There you are. This is it.
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by geesampower(m): 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Correctman0606:
Quote: How we remained as a or one nation is a miracle: unquote
I will like to ask if you were so far from Nigeria or that you are not accessible to tv, news papers such that you are sounding as if all what is playing out right now is a great surprise to you? Your post shows that you are of age and to a large extent not new to how this country is as at today. Don't you know that from now on, Nigeria will never be the same any more? You should expect that from today upward, no party will ever satisfy those who are out of the ethnic group that wins any elections. I bet you even if Buhari turn this country to Parish, Dubai or like some most powerful economies, I personally will always talk against him? Let me inform that where we are now is not about performance but purely tribal and religion. If you are not from my ethnic group, then even if you like turn yourself to an Angel, you are nothing to others. All of these are the resultant effect of the last election. Just one example why this country will never be one and the same again.Dino Malaye is now a senator under apc. Alrufai is now a governor under apc. Nuhu Ribadu failed because he came under pdp. Be the Judge yourself. How on earth can these two men win and Nuhu failed? Alrufai, one of the most corrupt Nigerian was voted for because he came under apc. Alrufai, when he was in Abuja, under Obasanjo sold all the lands to friends, family members, gave as many as possible to Obasanjo,. He forcefully realocated even the genuine one with C of O and give to others, awarded all the survey and planning contracts to himself etc etc. Dino on the hand was messed up under pdp for one of the most corrupt, indesciple and irrresponsible man was reelected becaused he came under apc. Are you now saying that those Niger Deltans, and the entire south south should dance, clap hands and jubilate over this open gang up against the Izon man, GEJ? As you saying if Nuhu had contested under apc, would you people vote him out? There you are. This is it.
Hmmm...
Concise response I must confess.
Is all the political hypocrisy news to me? No.
I am well aware of the happenings around me politically, the more reason to be amazed how it all ends without ethnic and religious unrest. Most of us pretend ethnicity is irrelevant, we are one nigeria blah blah blah, yet we go on to support individuals based on this biased sentiments even here on nairaland. In all fairness I believe we shld stop accept that all regions must play a key leadership role in all dispensation, it is now left for use to select the best from amongst ourselves. My point

1 Like

Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Ajalekoko76(m): 2:52am On Jun 10, 2015
Blame PMB for NASS election
APC and cronies displayed stupidity is International Conference Centre Parliament?

Someone must have Bluetooth wisdom to PMB not attend that APC Meeting.
Re: Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV by Correctman0606: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2015
geesampower:

Hmmm...
Concise response I must confess.
Is all the political hypocrisy news to me? No.
I am well aware of the happenings around me politically, the more reason to be amazed how it all ends without ethnic and religious unrest. Most of us pretend ethnicity is irrelevant, we are one nigeria blah blah blah, yet we go on to support individuals based on this biased sentiments even here on nairaland. In all fairness I believe we shld stop accept that all regions must play a key leadership role in all dispensation, it is now left for use to select the best from amongst ourselves. My point
Thanks so much. I was away hence the delay in this response. But how do we start all over again? How do the one who have lose out forget and forgive? These are the issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Id-el-fitr: FG Declares Friday 17, Monday 20 July Public Holidays / Dapo Abiodun: Ijebu Ode-Epe Expressway Will Be Ready By Christmas / R-APC: Why Buhari’s Associates Are Dumping Him – Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.