Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 (25384 Views)

Governor Aregbesola Submits List Of Commissioners After Two Years In Government / Newly Sworn-in Commissioners In Akwa Ibom And Their Portfolios / Ambode’s Mediocre List of Commissioners Full Of Tinubu’s Relatives, Friends –PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by dozymars(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
With what he achieved in Abuja as fct minister , i can trust him to give a good performance in Kaduna

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by temmyjohnson(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
disloman:
Must u counter every move made?
. Because you and your short governor didn't understand and value the essence of information.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by obodundo(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
This is a VERY bad move. The management of information is a very serious business. That means there is no central information center in Kaduna state. This will hamper the flow of communication and will tell on the governance in the state. Whoever proposed this idea is a very mad man.
a central flow of communication does not have to be a whole ministry with 70 drivers,3000 staffs..... It can be a dept in the governor's office. This is what Nigeria needs. If it doesn't work, we can always revert to status quo. El Rufai is a progressive in my opinion, only needs to curb his impetuous nature

4 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Shamoo100(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nyc move.. Thats more like...

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by temmyjohnson(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
dozymars:
With what he achieved in Abuja as fct minister , i can trust him to give a good performance in Kaduna
shut up there.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by obodundo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
LKO:
The ministry of information is so crucial to be left unmanned. El rufai should urgently correct this error. It is d importance attached to d business of information management, that has made Buhari appoints a senior adviser and a special assistant on media and publicity, even when he is yet to name a SGF.
the ministry has not been left unmanned. It has only been decentralized. Read the post again

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by UnknownT: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ymodulus:

El rufai is a professional in the built environment. Not just a surveyor but A leading Quantity Surveyor. With vast experience as to managing cost with respect to value.

So he his right to do that.

El-rufai my God
yes. I never doubted his qualifications and experience but I can't vouch for any politician not to "Loot/corner" some booty

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by AbuMikey(m): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, this is politics. The SE will be the beneficiary on the long run. Should Kwankwaso/Igbo VP rule for 8 years, the next will be a SE Presidential candidate and a NC VP. The NW won't have the moral right to complain. The APC will most likely Present a SW Presidential candidate. It will be a straight fight between the Pdp(se/ss) and APC sw politically! The NC,NE and NW will definitely be shared(the ratio depends on whoever APC present as VP and performance of Kwankwaso). With the bloc SS/SE votes for the PDP, the coast look clear. In life you plan ahead bro. Think.. Think....

You said You weren't going to post this the other day, but now You've ended up posting.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by unite4real: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
meforyou1:
No Ministry of Information and Communications?

if na you, you go don expand am reach 50 ministries
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by sheriffudeen1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
El-rufai simply d best
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Beautifulemi(f): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
This is a great and daring move. They keep coming up with different names of ministries all in the name to loot government funds. This move would help in ensuring low cost of governance.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Justinah4life: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Star Times has deliberatrately being defrauding Nigerians, always claiming they are young company. They know what they are doin, which explains,why no customer complaint box any where.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by apolonius(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
El-Rufai is a visionary and we can't expect less.

I had fantasized about him running for the presidency with Fashola in the last election,but the APC gave us President Buhari whom I love to tits.I hope the two success the Buhari years.

Such a true progressive radical,he is!

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by sofat(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
A good move but what will be the fate of the previous ministries employees? Will they as well merge with the new ones or will be shown the way out?
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by abagnalie: 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
these man is on point.

there is no time to check time

mallam nasir el rufai i commend you
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
robosky02:

that will be 2023 i think

Keep on thinking......
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by HRich(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Improvement in kaduna state
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Iman24: 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
WE BUY DEAD INVERTER BATTERIES@ ANY LOCATION IN LAGOS CALL 07050606836

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by tiger28: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
PROGRESSIVES!!!......something tells we are witnessing a new Nigeria. I know some sore losers will say that this is nonsense but why hasn't any politician done this all these times?? Why haven't we see any governor getting pay cuts even though the HATERS say there are other ways that a Governor can make money, why then haven't we heard any governor giving himself a pay cut in the history of NIGERIA?.Well I don't blame them, their Otuoke illiterate was gallivanting all over the world with a 200 man entourage .
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by akoaki(m): 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
This is a VERY bad move. The management of information is a very serious business. That means there is no central information center in Kaduna state. This will hamper the flow of communication and will tell on the governance in the state. Whoever proposed this idea is a very mad man.

The term "mad man" is too harsh in this context. It is possible to offer useful information or advice without being so rude and unpolished. Future leaders of nigeria must today learn how to communicate with some sense of decency and responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Mistaarhlohki(m): 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Trust me that won't happen. El rufai can never be President. The next President is Kwankwaso (under PDP) or a formidable NW candidate and a South Eastern VP come 2019.

Be like u done deh smoke cocoa leaves Abi?...u go just come here deh insinuate and predict unpalatable prophesies disturbing the colloquium of a polity that's on the brink of a gigantic leap into greatness...

One very good question is, are you a direct bandicoot of the so called PDP you always waste your blood and sweat for? you this raccoon from the forest of Saskatchewan...

Hit Me!!!! grin angry
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Tvegas(m): 6:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, this is politics. The SE will be the beneficiary on the long run. Should Kwankwaso/Igbo VP rule for 8 years, the next will be a SE Presidential candidate and a NC VP. The NW won't have the moral right to complain. The APC will most likely Present a SW Presidential candidate. It will be a straight fight between the Pdp(se/ss) and APC sw politically! The NC,NE and NW will definitely be shared(the ratio depends on whoever APC present as VP and performance of Kwankwaso). With the bloc SS/SE votes for the PDP, the coast look clear. In life you plan ahead bro. Think.. Think....

Same way you argued that Jonathan will clear the southwest with the support of OPC, Accord , Sdp etc. Yeye guy

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Tvegas(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
akoaki:

The term "mad man" is too harsh in this context. It is possible to offer useful information or advice without being so rude and unpolished. Future leaders of nigeria must today learn how to communicate with some sense of decency and responsibility.

Its Only mad men that easily identify their colleagues na. grin
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by hilary26(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
He should also give up his security vote like kwankwaso did.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
boy put Tinubu in that group, I will credit your account

lolz.. tinubu joined 5mins ago

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by disloman(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
temmyjohnson:
. Because you and your short governor didn't understand and value the essence of information.
them scrap,una complained.Dem appointed 2pple,still complained.Na wa ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Chidonc(m): 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
psucc:
And I wonder in this age when every facets of human endeavour are unbundled to cater for absorption of more professionals and widen the scope for further research, a man is stifling, titrating and leaning the process, and expect applause.

Even if he will keep only the 'Ministry of Governor' alone, it can make no difference.

What happens to the staff of those ministries, how about their survival?

I do laff when i see coment suchas urs, most of the ministries in the north are not functional but have there ministers collecting huge salaries, it better 2 have 13 functional ministries than 24 ministries that are not really functional

2 Likes

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by ZUBY77(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Someday its going to be Fashola/elrufai in aso rock

The way it was going to be Gbajabiamila and Lawan in the National Assembly

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by mandhi(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Trust me that won't happen. El rufai can never be President. The next President is Kwankwaso (under PDP) or a formidable NW candidate and a South Eastern VP come 2019.

Seriously thinking kwankwanso would decamp to PDP. Barcanista ur better than dis in political calculation
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by lahit14(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
My favorite governor.... Tough, shrewd, takes no prisoners!!! Wata ran zaka zama shugaban kasar nigeria, in allah ya yadda!!!
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Samandgrace(m): 8:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
He's ready for business, he is a pace setter. Keep up the good work sir.
faroukfahima:
The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has announced the reduction of the number of ministries in the state from 19 to 13; and a consequent reduction in the number of commissioners from 24 to 13.

This is part of the cost cutting measures being carried out by the governor which has already seen him slash his salary by 50%.

The new restructured ministries include:

1. Ministry of Justice;

2. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry;

3. Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism;

4. Ministry of Local Government;

5. Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture;

6. Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources;

7. Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development;

8. Ministry of Water Resources;

9. Ministry of Health and Human Services;

10. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;

11. Ministry of Budget and Planning;

12. Ministry of Finance and

13. Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport

Consequently, the governor has directed that the former Ministry of Lands, Survey and Country Planning be moved to his office as a department; while the former Ministry of Rural and Community Development becomes a department in the Deputy Governor’s Office.

Also, there will no longer be a ministry of Information, but each ministry will have its own public relations unit attached to the office of its commissioner.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

http://www.forumspotz.net/gov-el-rufai-reduces-number-of-commissioners-in-kaduna-from-24-to-13/
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by jefftwit(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
meforyou1:
No Ministry of Information and Communications?
what's there work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Battle To Control South-South: Oshiomhole Versus Amaechi / Don’t Give Igbos Biafra, Dahiru Bauchi Tells FG / Tinubu Attends Jumat Service At Ansar-Ud-Deen Mosque (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.