Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,846 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 (25369 Views)

Governor Aregbesola Submits List Of Commissioners After Two Years In Government / Newly Sworn-in Commissioners In Akwa Ibom And Their Portfolios / Ambode’s Mediocre List of Commissioners Full Of Tinubu’s Relatives, Friends –PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Wendy80(f): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
...and another Gov is busy creating more ministry.....of Religion.

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by spencekat(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
Scrapping the ministry of Information and Communication is not a good development.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
I think Aregbesola should take Cue from this....

New Crocodile City In Making...
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by jaytee01(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, this is politics. The SE will be the beneficiary on the long run. Should Kwankwaso/Igbo VP rule for 8 years, the next will be a SE Presidential candidate and a NC VP. The NW won't have the moral right to complain. The APC will most likely Present a SW Presidential candidate. It will be a straight fight between the Pdp(se/ss) and APC sw politically! The NC,NE and NW will definitely be shared(the ratio depends on whoever APC present as VP and performance of Kwankwaso). With the bloc SS/SE votes for the PDP, the coast look clear. In life you plan ahead bro. Think.. Think....
That is how you guys deceived GEJ with fake permutations in March.

Which bloc votes? I laugh.....

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Sheriffc(m): 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, this is politics. The SE will be the beneficiary on the long run. Should Kwankwaso/Igbo VP rule for 8 years, the next will be a SE Presidential candidate and a NC VP. The NW won't have the moral right to complain. The APC will most likely Present a SW Presidential candidate. It will be a straight fight between the Pdp(se/ss) and APC sw politically! The NC,NE and NW will definitely be shared(the ratio depends on whoever APC present as VP and performance of Kwankwaso). With the bloc SS/SE votes for the PDP, the coast look clear. In life you plan ahead bro. Think.. Think....
. Rubbish!... I keep wondering, each time I read you, how you think. You read too many conspiracy novels/books, it thus tell when you write or comment. Even the silly projection you make shows your shallowness. Terrible!
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Goldpen: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Which of them will convert to Christianity?
Obiagelli:
Someday its going to be Fashola/elrufai in aso rock
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by bams2999(m): 12:38am On Jun 10, 2015
this is the leader that we need, may ALLAH guide you
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by jaybee(f): 3:35am On Jun 10, 2015
faroukfahima:
The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has announced the reduction of the number of ministries in the state from 19 to 13; and a consequent reduction in the number of commissioners from 24 to 13.

This is part of the cost cutting measures being carried out by the governor which has already seen him slash his salary by 50%.

The new restructured ministries include:

1. Ministry of Justice;

2. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry;

3. Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism;

4. Ministry of Local Government;

5. Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture;

6. Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources;

7. Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development;

8. Ministry of Water Resources;

9. Ministry of Health and Human Services;

10. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;

11. Ministry of Budget and Planning;

12. Ministry of Finance and

13. Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport

Consequently, the governor has directed that the former Ministry of Lands, Survey and Country Planning be moved to his office as a department; while the former Ministry of Rural and Community Development becomes a department in the Deputy Governor’s Office.

Also, there will no longer be a ministry of Information, but each ministry will have its own public relations unit attached to the office of its commissioner.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

http://www.forumspotz.net/gov-el-rufai-reduces-number-of-commissioners-in-kaduna-from-24-to-13/

This is a right concept but poorly executed. If implemented as stated above, I don't see it lasting long. If it endures this administration, I don't see it transcending beyond. The key departments, Lands, Survey and Country Planning and Information, left outside institutionalized ministries are too important to be left to the political whims of the governor and his deputy. These legacy departments should not be left floating for any reason. Even if the staff are few, they should be merged as autonomous Directorates into a "mother" ministries and given a Directors to assume full control while the governor, or Deputy retains the "commissioner" positions in addition to their other responsibilities. The information is even more disturbing. El-rufai should know the value of official information and communication in government. The north is what it is today because of information, Radio Nigeria Kaduna, New Nigeria, Gaskiya ta fi kobo, Kaduna state radio, BBC London, VOA etc. These institutions shaped the northern Nigeria. That is why you see every northern person clinging to his/her radio as a religion. Now that private radio and TV stations are taking over the airwaves with different agenda and commercial drivers, the need for a focused and coordinated ministry of information is even more imperative. The alternative of all the ministries having separate information units will even be more cumbersome to operate, more financially expensive to maintain and prone to costly confusion.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:49am On Jun 10, 2015
faroukfahima:
The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has announced the reduction of the number of ministries in the state from 19 to 13; and a consequent reduction in the number of commissioners from 24 to 13.

This is part of the cost cutting measures being carried out by the governor which has already seen him slash his salary by 50%.

The new restructured ministries include:

1. Ministry of Justice;

2. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry;

3. Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism;

4. Ministry of Local Government;

5. Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture;

6. Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources;

7. Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development;

8. Ministry of Water Resources;

9. Ministry of Health and Human Services;

10. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;

11. Ministry of Budget and Planning;

12. Ministry of Finance and

13. Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport

Consequently, the governor has directed that the former Ministry of Lands, Survey and Country Planning be moved to his office as a department; while the former Ministry of Rural and Community Development becomes a department in the Deputy Governor’s Office.

Also, there will no longer be a ministry of Information, but each ministry will have its own public relations unit attached to the office of its commissioner.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

http://www.forumspotz.net/gov-el-rufai-reduces-number-of-commissioners-in-kaduna-from-24-to-13/

We will see a semblance of this in FG as well.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by vinorichy: 6:58am On Jun 10, 2015
El Rufai giving dis other Govnors standards. With dis guy Change is inevitable......Kaduna heres ur tumorow

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by rakkie: 7:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Good job, but ministry for information is key.
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by odunkunbi(f): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Good one I love dis

1 Like

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by paix(m): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2015
Ymodulus:

El-rufai my God
YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!!!!
Re: Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 by oneluvs: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
MissNairaland1:
Loving my new Governor, God bless and keep you EL RUfai...

All these jobless ministries and commissioners are in trouble.

No more ghost workers.

Here I am, I said you should mail back I have responded to your mail. Kindly check your mail from your love on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Splashes N75 Million To Drag Me Down - Senator Dino Melaye Says / Junaid Mohammed: Nigeria Will Never Know Peace If Buhari, APC Remain In Power / Police And Community Vigilante Rescue Abducted Islamiyya Students In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.