Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lagos La Vida Loca - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos La Vida Loca (2366 Views)

Channels TV Targets LA DECIMA, Signs New Presenters. / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley / 57 Lgs/ Lcdas: Fg Drags Lagos To Supreme Court - As Ultimatum Expires Today - La (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos La Vida Loca by AloyEmeka9: 6:34am On Feb 20, 2009
Watch this 14 minute documentary on lagos state and express your views.

http://current.com/items/86999401/lagos_la_vida_loca.htm

Happy viewing.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by AloyEmeka9: 6:37am On Feb 20, 2009
The funniest clip was the guy that was collecting bribe on camera and the vigilante group that claim they use juju to stop crime. grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Sammy107d(m): 6:49am On Feb 20, 2009
Again, another documentary accentuating negativity with a sarcastic intone; under the guise of 'showcasing'
Oddly interesting video though
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by TOYOSI20(f): 7:21am On Feb 20, 2009
ROFLMGBO!!!!

The Area boyz robbed them in broad day light. . . .no wonder they had to run for their dear lives shocked shocked shocked shocked

"Yes can i help u??" embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

"Oyinbo U wanna Cross??" lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And the funniest of all the vigilantes cheesy cheesy. . . . . . "Gun is wahala oo, they will jump up and down till MORIN!!!!" grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2009
Lol. . . . . . 'Till morin, they will do like this'

On a more serious note, it still baffles me why nigerians have chosen to cowardly live in hunger and abject poverty instead of living a comfortable life by bravely asking for what belongs to them from their leaders.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by jaybee3(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2009
d vigilante old man is so flipping funny
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by AloyEmeka9: 9:48am On Feb 20, 2009
Again, another documentary accentuating negativity with a sarcastic intone; under the guise of 'showcasing'
Oddly interesting video though
Is there anything in that video that suggests they are lying?
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Sammy107d(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2009
No. The video is not a lie in its whole, neither is it entirely true. Just like all the scam scandals and poverty propaganda in the media. Im sure you understand what I mean. This guy's reply says it all.

"I was born and raised in Lagos, and I have a serious issue with the way you portrayed it. You claim you went to see Lagos, but you only went to the areas that would prove your point. Your coverage of my beloved, albeit tough and crazy city, is absolutely biased. You didn't see Lagos, you only saw the outskirts of Lagos.

I don't know how you can say that you saw Lagos when I know for a fact that you stuck to only a handful of neighborhoods, and the crappy ones at that. Of course the outskirts are going to look like that, we are a developing country, and we are changing. It's a gradual process. We are cleaning up our place, we are making changes, go back and see Lagos and this time don't just ask some travel guide to show you the nastiest neighborhoods, also take a look at the places that are improving.

People say that "Rome was not built in a day" well Nigeria, and Lagos in particular, is going to take a bit of work. But we are Lagosians and we are up to the task, we can survive anything. Please, if you return to my city, look for intelligent people to guide you through it, and speak to a wider range of people. Take your time to do the research. Go see Tafawa Balewa Square or Broad Street or the Aguda area, they tell a different story of Lagos.

Also go see the University of Lagos and speak to the students there, you want to know Lagos, the young people who are studying and struggling to make something of themselves are the people to ask because we are the ones who want to make it different, we are the ones who want to make it the best city."
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
Excellent post @Poster. Wished we could have more exposing videos such as that today.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2009
Roflmao; very funny video grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why didn't the maiguards that use juju to catch armed robbers take over the whole lagos state and control crime? grin grin grin grin

Wtf was that man doing collecting bribe on camera?. EFCC needs to throw his ass in jail for denting our image so baaaaaaad cry cry cry cry
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2009
No. The video is not a lie in its whole, neither is it entirely true. Just like all the scam scandals and poverty propaganda in the media. Im sure you understand what I mean. This guy's reply says it all.
Are you saying the American woman made up the stories just for the purpose of tarnishing our image?. She paid those maiguards at Epe to claim they use juju instead of guns?. She made the slums out from her computer and somehow recreated those guys that were running their mouth like cholera on camera.

Why are Nigerians too quick to appear before any oyibo camera just for the purpose of putting Nigeria down?
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2009
On a more serious note, it still baffles me why nigerians have chosen to cowardly live in hunger and abject poverty instead of living a comfortable life by bravely asking for what belongs to them from their leaders.
We chose to live in abject poverty? Are you kidding me?. It's God's will that we are in our current state now and not by choice.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2009
Did you notice she pronounced Kayode wrong? She called the dude Keyowdi!

And the dancers that seemed to be everywhere !!! lol
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2009
Did you notice she pronounced Kayode wrong? She called the dude Keyowdi!
Yea i heard that but it's okay because we hear worse here. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Feb 20, 2009
St.Funmi:

We chose to live in abject poverty? Are you kidding me?. It's God's will that we are in our current state now and not by choice.

Yes, we do choose to live in Abject poverty as said.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by mustafar1: 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2009
God doesnt will such on people abeg and if he does he only did such because he expect us to work and get themselves out of such. instead we pray to him and wait for him to get us out, while we sit on our backsides, legs crossed and rolling our thumbs.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2009
Yes, we do choose to live in Abject poverty as said.
If our poverty is by choice, then i am happy to inform you that we are sick and tired of it and wish for a change. It's not by choice my dear.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
St.Funmi:

If our poverty is by choice, then i am happy to inform you that we are sick and tired of it and wish for a change. It's not by choice my dear.

dem say action speaks louder than words!! If you are saying that so that the problem will MAGICALLY go away, then we may continue in poverty until the gods of magic come to our rescue then. Lol
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by SeanT21(f): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2009
That old bafoon said he uses JuJu to make Robbers jump till morning.~~~LMAO~~!!
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2009

dem say action speaks louder than words!! If you are saying that so that the problem will MAGICALLY go away, then we may continue in poverty until the gods of magic come to our rescue then. Lol
It's not as if we are not making an effort. Read Nuzo's comment again as if Nigerians decided to live in squalor in unison. Journalists try their best, private citizens complain but the oligarchs that are at the helm of our affairs are very difficult to break apart and it will not take a days labor to do that.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2009
St.Funmi:

It's not as if we are not making an effort. Read Nuzo's comment again as if Nigerians decided to live in squalor in unison. Journalists try their best, private citizens complain but the oligarchs that are at the helm of our affairs are very difficult to break apart and it will not take a days labor to do that.

What journalists are you speaking of? Are they difficult to break up Or is it that we wait with arms folded for them to decide to break themselves up?

I have seen what Nigerians can do. We saw it back after annulment of June 12th, we saw it up north recently with the riots. Do you not think that if the people decided to do away with those imbeciles today, they could not?

Some journalists, not all, do their best but at the end of the day, those who want and fight for change find themselves outnumbered. We have many more Nigerians more willing to claim to want change but sit back day after day with folded arms waiting for change to find them instead.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2009

What journalists are you speaking of? Are they difficult to break up Or is it that we wait with arms folded for them to decide to break themselves up?

I have seen what Nigerians can do. We saw it back after annulment of June 12th, we saw it up north recently with the riots. Do you not think that if the people decided to do away with those imbeciles today, they could not?
You are suggesting we destabilize our govt by causing riots and losing lives and properties?. How will that work, please do indulge me?. Whom will you choose to replace them that will not have the same looting tendency?
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2009
St.Funmi:

You are suggesting we destabilize our govt by causing riots and losing lives and properties?. How will that work, please do indulge me?. Whom will you choose to replace them that will not have the same looting tendency?

Are you saying that standing up to demand they step down and a new election is destabilization? I am not in any way advocating for violence here but I want us to be sure that it is not the case that Nigerians do not know what to do and can not do what they need to do if called on to do it. It only seems that many of us are more willing to settle with what is rather than move to demand change to it.

The one thing people like yar adua and all those in office are afraid of is the people. That is why they guard themselves all they can. They know that if push comes to shove, they do not necessarily control the army anymore and the police will possibly fight against them than all for them. Problem is the people are too stuck on fear to act or move to save their own lives.

What do we have today? We have next to no government. In fact we have mostly criminals and thieves in office and you think destabilizing that will be worse for us? Are you in some way advocating that continuing with what we have today is better than pushing to remove them completely and starting afresh with people who understand that we, not they, wield the power here?
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2009
Are you saying that standing up to demand they step down and a new election is destabilization? I am not in any way advocating for violence here but I want us to be sure that it is not the case that Nigerians do not know what to do and can not do what they need to do if called on to do it. It only seems that many of us are more willing to settle with what is rather than move to demand change to it.

The one thing people like yar adua and all those in office are afraid of is the people. That is why they guard themselves all they can. They know that if push comes to shove, they do not necessarily control the army anymore and the police will possibly fight against them than all for them. Problem is the people are too stuck on fear to act or move to save their own lives.
If your stand up against the govt system will ever work, it would've worked in Zimbabwe or Niger Delta. The only thing you'll achieve by doing that is mass dead bodies and looting brought into play by zombie soldiers sent by your govt.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2009
St.Funmi:

If your stand up against the govt system will ever work, it would've worked in Zimbabwe or Niger Delta.

It worked in South Africa. It worked some in Burma. It worked in so many other countries, why won’t it work in Nigeria or Zimbabwe? Do you think that if today, about 60% of Zimbabweans stop up as their south African neighbours did back only some decades ago, that what we have today will continue? You think Mugabe will be president long? Come on!! What you are doing is offering me old style excuses when we have tons of examples that show that it does work, but the outcome can only be determined if and when the people act.

You think the world would sit back watching if the people rose up and mugabe decided to kill them all using his army?

St.Funmi:

The only thing you'll achieve by doing that is mass dead bodies and looting brought into play by zombie soldiers sent by your govt.

Well, if you believe it is the only thing that can be achieved when the people decide to demand justice, then I say you continue to telling the world that you want change but not showing them you are serious by acting on your words. I am sitting here, not stupid, but waiting for the day Nigerians will rise and say now more. I bet you there are so many Nigerians around the world too waiting for real signs that those at home are ready for change.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Gamine(f): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2009
Agege

Ipaja

Oworonshoki

Idumota

e.t.c

It is indeed Lagos, the sad reality, we are beyond third world. sad

Funny Video tho!! grin
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
It worked in South Africa. It worked some in Burma. It worked in so many other countries, why won’t it work in Nigeria or Zimbabwe? Do you think that if today, about 60% of Zimbabweans stop up as their south African neighbours did back only some decades ago, that what we have today will continue? You think Mugabe will be president long? Come on!! What you are doing is offering me old style excuses when we have tons of examples that show that it does work, but the outcome can only be determined if and when the people act.

You think the world would sit back watching if the people rose up and mugabe decided to kill them all using his army?
You got it all wrong. Violence never triumphed in South Africa. The pressure from the international world especially Nigeria was tantamount to South Africa's freedom. Our own form of oppression in Nigeria is more difficult to tackle because we are not under any form of military or tribal oppression, rather we look good on the surface but beneath us we are burning. That means the civil rights tactics of Gandhi or Martin Luther will not work in Nigeria but we can still achieve glory if we imbibe education and mobilize the mass through the media. That way, we will always be ahead them in their own game. I've studied their tactics for sometime now and came into the conclusion that they utilize three things to operate:
1. Religion
2. Poverty
3. Tribal politics(which is the strongest of them all).

99% of Nigerians are somewhat webbed into at least one of the three factors, that's why these crooked politicians may continue to stay on top of their game until we close our eyes to these three factors above and iron them out.

Well, if you believe it is the only thing that can be achieved when the people decide to demand justice, then I say you continue to telling the world that you want change but not showing them you are serious by acting on your words. I am sitting here, not stupid, but waiting for the day Nigerians will rise and say now more.  I bet you there are so many Nigerians around the world too waiting for real signs that those at home are ready for change.
Will you offer your career and freedom to start this crusade?
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2009
It is indeed Lagos, the sad reality, we are beyond third world
We are not that bad, abeg. Stop denting our image here.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Gamine(f): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2009

So the Video was photoshopped/ aftereffected ( tongue )??

besides, i have passed through those areas recently.lol
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2009
St.Funmi:

You got it all wrong. Violence never triumphed in South Africa.

I think you are the one getting it wrong here. You seem to think that calling people to stand up against government has to do something to do with VIOLENCE. Please re-read my posts and put far from your mind the word VIOLENCE and then you will better understand what I mean.

St.Funmi:

The pressure from the international world especially Nigeria was tantamount to South Africa's freedom.

And this is after how many hundreds died?

St.Funmi:

Our own form of oppression in Nigeria is more difficult to tackle because we are not under any form of military or tribal oppression, rather we look good on the surface but beneath us we are burning.

And yet again, you take time to inject this grand excuse that continues to see us where we are today. Prove that this is the case. Have we ever tried to change things and run into that problem or do some of us continue to imagine these difficulties as reasons for why they should not act?

St.Funmi:

That means the civil rights tactics of Gandhi or Martin Luther will not work in Nigeria

Unless you can PROVE it will not work, you are not offering up any new excuse but the same old one we have used over and over for decades so we could sit back and watch the future of our children go to waste while continue to blame everyone else and even God for our situation and the plague we continue to heap on our future.

St.Funmi:

but we can still achieve glory if we imbibe education and mobilize the mass through the media.

When you end up mobilizing the people via the media then what?
St.Funmi:

That way, we will always be ahead them in their own game.
Ahead of whom in what game? Is this media mobilization going to be in secret or something?

St.Funmi:

I've studied their tactics for sometime now and came into the conclusion that they utilize three things to operate:
1. Religion
2. Poverty
3. Tribal politics(which is the strongest of them all).

Ok. . .

St.Funmi:

99% of Nigerians are somewhat webbed into at least one of the three factors, that's why these crooked politicians may continue to stay on top of their game until we close our eyes to these three factors above and iron them out.

So, are you saying that when we all refuse to react to the above, they will of their own STOP looting, Start doing their job MAGICALLY?

St.Funmi:

Will you offer your career and freedom to start this crusade?

Again, set to the side the word VIOLENCE, then read my post and you will see that I in no way am speaking of violence or any crusade of the sort you may be thinking.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2009
So the Video was photoshopped/ aftereffected ( Tongue )??

besides, i have passed through those areas recently.lol
Not at all but you sai we are beyond 3rd world as if we are the worst in 3rd world countries. We are one of the best, I tell you.
Re: Lagos La Vida Loca by StFunmi(f): 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2009
I think you are the one getting it wrong here. You seem to think that calling people to stand up against government has to do something to do with VIOLENCE. Please re-read my posts and put far from your mind the word VIOLENCE and then you will better understand what I mean.
When we can hardly hold a peaceful street election without warring. How will your peaceful demonstration work?. Have you seen Nigerian undergraduates(supposedly the replacement for the middle and upper class Nigerians) riot before?. What is peaceful about their riots?

And this is after how many hundreds died?
Yes, after they realized that holding violent crusades will only lead to more lives being lost. We Africans are not yet mature mentally to hold a peaceful demonstration. If you doubt my analogy, give me an example.

And yet again, you take time to inject this grand excuse that continues to see us where we are today. Prove that this is the case. Have we ever tried to change things and run into that problem or do some of us continue to imagine these difficulties as reasons for why they should not act?
Biafran war and lately MEND.

Unless you can PROVE it will not work, you are not offering up any new excuse but the same old one we have used over and over for decades so we could sit back and watch the future of our children go to waste while continue to blame everyone else and even God for our situation and the plague we continue to heap on our future.
Ok; I guess your question is rhetoric?

When you end up mobilizing the people via the media then what?
You allow the international world to fizzle in and frustrate the oligarchs out of the govt. the best way the deem fit without any form of violence. That's what America is doing in North Korea.

So, are you saying that when we all refuse to react to the above, they will of their own STOP looting, Start doing their job MAGICALLY?
Who gave you the impression that we are not doing anything at all. Our best may not be good enough but that doesn't mean we ain't doing nothing about it.

Again, set to the side the word VIOLENCE, then read my post and you will see that I in no way am speaking of violence or any crusade of the sort you may be thinking.
Violence apart, will you sacrifice your precious time to do something worthwhile for the emancipation of Nigerians from the shackles of their egregious government?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking Newseight Die In Fresh Crisis In Bauchi / Illegal Nigerians In America, Are You Nervous? / Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.