Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,844 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. (2367 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by Gbawe: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2010
Fashola, once again , is totally on point. Completely progressive dude.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/11/antidote-to-power-sector-problems-by-fashola/

Antidote to power sector problems, by Fashola

National News Jul 11, 2010 Share |

Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), said yesterday that the solution to power shortage in the country does not lie only with the building of more power plants but also in the proper management of the power distribution companies and the distribution assets.

Fashola, who spoke in an interview with newsmen on the fringe of the on-going Joint Lagos State Executive Council and Permanent Secretaries Retreat holding at the Golden Tulip Hotel, Festac, added that the state has written to the Federal Government to allow it take over the assets of the two distribution companies located in Lagos, namely the Eko Distribution Company and the Ikeja Distribution Company, in partnership with the people who have indicated interest to use private sector funding and capacity to manage them.

Said he: “As long as the Federal Government fails to articulate its intention in the power sector, no one will come forward with his money to invest. Until there is efficiency in the distribution end of the power chain, nobody is going to bring money into the power sector.

“We did it with the telecom companies. Immediately the telecom companies got their licenses, they rolled out their mast and repeater stations, they issued bills and collected their money and continued to invest in infrastructure that kept the system going”.

He said the National Assembly has passed the law on power sector reforms with all that remains being for the Federal Government to complete the process by telling Nigerians what the roadmap to implementation would look like.

The governor recalled that he had met several people in the last three years who have indicated interest in coming to invest in the power sector, but want a clear roadmap before doing so, adding: “The people who did it then are still available”.

He pointed out: “It is not enough to say we are going to privatize. What is the roadmap?. The decision is not clear to us here in Nigeria and it has to be clear to us before we can send it outside”.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by netotse(m): 3:24pm On Jul 11, 2010
y'all really need to shut up. . .

there's already laid down procedure for people that want to buy the distribution companies. . .they need to put their money where their mouth is and stop talking trash on the pages of newspapers. . .

1 Like

Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by rethink: 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2010
@ Fashola

The government hand is tied because it will cost money to get on the road map. How much shall you and I pay for the power. Ok if the FG say each State take care of it self how much will the average Nigerian pay that the NIGERIAN LABOUR CONGRESS not say the government is corrupt and that the cost per unit cannot be borne by the average Nigerian. The NLC will hit the street backed by an army of GENERATOR MILLIONAIRE in nigeria.

Not forgetting that the same NLC are the ones that RUN Nigeria in REAL TIME.

IF YOU ARE JESUS CHRIST AND YOU TOUCH NNPC YOU WILL ETERNALLY MEET WITH THE POWER OF THE NLC.

Not until we form a counter group that has no link with government that would say this is how much we are ready to pay and this is how we want to pay THAT WILL ATTRACT THE REAL OPERATORS OF POWER. The government can give one million road map even better than the one on google.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by Gbawe: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2010
netotse:

there's already laid down procedure for people that want to buy the distribution companies. . .they need to put their money where their mouth is and stop talking trash on the pages of newspapers. . .

Fashola is an exemplary administrator and I am surprised you are quick to insult him by saying he is "talking trash on the pages of newspapers" . If you are a Lagosian you will appreciate what this man has done in transforming a City that has suffered decades of neglect to the extent that many had written it off totally.

Today, I am proud of Lagos and Fashola has made us all believe that we can play our part in gaining the city we want. If there is anything Fashola, within his own powers , can do to secure constant power supply you should be rest assured that Lagos will have 24/7 electricity right now.

I don't care if you are the Nigerian energy Minister. If Fashola has identified bottlenecks in the power sector he deems is caused by the FG then I believe him instead of your glib assertions or that of any other agent of the incompetent and self-destructive Federal Government of Nigeria. He is an accomplished  SAN and a Master at deploying the PPP (private-public-sector-partnership) arrangement to aid development. He is aware of how investors think and what they want to see before they invest their cash. I believe he will be aware of the "already laid down procedure" you allude to before he spoke as he did below since probably no other Nigerian leader in Nigeria appreciates the importance of constant power more than Fashola.

“As long as the Federal Government fails to articulate its intention in the power sector, no one will come forward with his money to invest. Until there is efficiency in the distribution end of the power chain, nobody is going to bring money into the power sector.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by SleekMallam: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
What has really changed?
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by Beremx(f): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
We want action Mr. Fashola!!

The epileptic power situation is very worrisome. I am very angry with this government.

Fashola performed well as a governor,I expect him to do better as a Minister.

Uncle Gbawe,how are you doing?
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by baralatie(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
At this hour
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Some people dry provoke o
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by SleekMallam: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Beremx:
We want action Mr. Fashola!!

The epileptic power situation is very worrisome. I am very angry with this government.

Fashola performed well as a governor,I expect him to do better as a Minister.

Uncle Gbawe,how are you doing?
I'm fine milady. How's the New born? let's exercise some patience cos Fashola is too sophisticated to fail.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by SleekMallam: 6:26am On Mar 24, 2016
fashola needs to put 2 and 2 together.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by chudionu58(f): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2016
Idiots.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by mars123(m): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2016
netotse:

because you don't understand what was said doesn't mean it's trash.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by slimfit1(m): 7:46am On Mar 24, 2016
Fashola making excuses already find solutions and take action not make more exciting excuses.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by comos: 8:04am On Mar 24, 2016
Gbawe:

Fashola is an exemplary administrator and I am surprised you are quick to insult him by saying he is "talking trash on the pages of newspapers" . If you are a Lagosian you will appreciate what this man has done in transforming a City that has suffered decades of neglect to the extent that many had written it off totally.

Today, I am proud of Lagos and Fashola has made us all believe that we can play our part in gaining the city we want. If there is anything Fashola, within his own powers , can do to secure constant power supply you should be rest assured that Lagos will have 24/7 electricity right now.

I don't care if you are the Nigerian energy Minister. If Fashola has identified bottlenecks in the power sector he deems is caused by the FG then I believe him instead of your glib assertions or that of any other agent of the incompetent and self-destructive Federal Government of Nigeria. He is an accomplished  SAN and a Master at deploying the PPP (private-public-sector-partnership) arrangement to aid development. He is aware of how investors think and what they want to see before they invest their cash. I believe he will be aware of the "already laid down procedure" you allude to before he spoke as he did below since probably no other Nigerian leader in Nigeria appreciates the importance of constant power more than Fashola.

To cut long story short, Nigerians Need Power not excuses

Fashola should work and stop talking.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 24, 2016
Even a goat knows this things, let alone the Daura President himself. Enough of the text book stuff. we need practical and visible solutions, not on paper.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by princemillla(m): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2016
Thread resurrection... In passion week that Jesus Christ will resurrect. Does this mean Nigeria electricity will also resurrect and be better
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by netotse(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2016
mars123:
because you don't understand what was said doesn't mean it's trash.
Oga, I made that post 5 years ago...Lol.

Of which it's even more applicable now, BRF is HMPower, let's see what he will do now.

1 Like

Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by SleekMallam: 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2016
princemillla:
Thread resurrection... In passion week that Jesus Christ will resurrect. Does this mean Nigeria electricity will also redirect and be better
Inshallah!
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by Omololu007(m): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
Gbawe:
Fashola, once again , is totally on point. Completely progressive dude.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/11/antidote-to-power-sector-problems-by-fashola/

Antidote to power sector problems, by Fashola

National News Jul 11, 2010 Share |

Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), said yesterday that the solution to power shortage in the country does not lie only with the building of more power plants but also in the proper management of the power distribution companies and the distribution assets.

Fashola, who spoke in an interview with newsmen on the fringe of the on-going Joint Lagos State Executive Council and Permanent Secretaries Retreat holding at the Golden Tulip Hotel, Festac, added that the state has written to the Federal Government to allow it take over the assets of the two distribution companies located in Lagos, namely the Eko Distribution Company and the Ikeja Distribution Company, in partnership with the people who have indicated interest to use private sector funding and capacity to manage them.

Said he: “As long as the Federal Government fails to articulate its intention in the power sector, no one will come forward with his money to invest. Until there is efficiency in the distribution end of the power chain, nobody is going to bring money into the power sector.

“We did it with the telecom companies. Immediately the telecom companies got their licenses, they rolled out their mast and repeater stations, they issued bills and collected their money and continued to invest in infrastructure that kept the system going”.

He said the National Assembly has passed the law on power sector reforms with all that remains being for the Federal Government to complete the process by telling Nigerians what the roadmap to implementation would look like.

The governor recalled that he had met several people in the last three years who have indicated interest in coming to invest in the power sector, but want a clear roadmap before doing so, adding: “The people who did it then are still available”.

He pointed out: “It is not enough to say we are going to privatize. What is the roadmap?. The decision is not clear to us here in Nigeria and it has to be clear to us before we can send it outside”.
so what step is fashola taking to make sure,state will be the ones in charge of supplying power before or by 2019?
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by stevecantrell: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
comos:

To cut long story short, Nigerians Need Power not excuses

Fashola should work and stop talking.

To cut a long story short, replace fash with Barth Nnaji...After GEJ let him go from the power ministry, I knew GEJ was weak and should never taste 2nd term.

Let Fash continue with his works and housing.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by ekeneidiagbor: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
this post is dated July 11, 2010
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by SleekMallam: 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
Omololu007:
so what step is fashola taking to make sure,state will be the ones in charge of supplying power before or by 2019?
gbawe what say thee?
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by subterfuge: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
MUMU MINISTER.
FIRST THING IS TO INCREASE PHCN TARRIF EVEN MORE THAN THE SALARY OF THE WORKERS.
USELESS PHCN
FRAUDULENT PHCN. SYSTEMATICALLY EXTORTING THE INNOCENT NIGERIANS.
FASHOLA, EXTORTING THE NATION
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by Sunky200: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
i know you have a proposed solution. pls implemet it
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by SleekMallam: 8:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
subterfuge:
MUMU MINISTER.
FIRST THING IS TO INCREASE PHCN TARRIF EVEN MORE THAN THE SALARY OF THE WORKERS.
USELESS PHCN
FRAUDULENT PHCN. SYSTEMATICALLY EXTORTING THE INNOCENT NIGERIANS.
FASHOLA, EXTORTING THE NATION
fashola has proven to be a shrewd capitalist.

1 Like

Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by codedguy1(m): 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
i don comot cutlass ready to dismember Fashola until i see the date. i thiught he made the statement as a minister.

he should sit down with buhari and all concerned to achieve what he was proposing since he is in a position to influence policies and decisions.

for the record i agree with his assertion 90% because i feel alot of the solutions to our problem is embedded in true federalism/regionalism where there would be competition amongst every region in the country and this includes providing power.

if Tinubu had been allowed to continue with the IPP in lagos am sure by now ogun ondo,oyo and aregbe would have aligned with Lagos>

ND use there gas

Shiroro and Kaiji dam will supply the north

east can use both coal and gas

by now things would have been better.

the only thing would be how to murder all the corrupt leaders regardless of region/ethnicity/religion.
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by mikolo80: 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
netotse:

govt still controls transport companies. nobody wan enter one chance
Re: Solution To Power Sector Problem, By Governor Fashola. by tomakint: 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
The best way to fix Nigeria's power sector is to kick this pretender, Raji Fashola out and bring back Prof. Barth Nnaji......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Return Fayose’s Houses, Court Tells Efcc / National Good Governance Tour Kicks Off In Benue State / No Bank Robbery In Anambra In The Last 4 Years -- Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.