Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran (2127 Views)

Unbelievable Quote From Watchtower Publications! / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote / What Is Your Best Quote From Your Holy Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Piddo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2006
I would want to believe the Quran (spelling?), has quotable chapters and verses like the bible does. Dont you all think it would make an interesting task to specify the location of some of these "Muhammad sayings" that preach violence so we can have our muslim brothers clarify for us?

I would specifically love to know exactly where Muhammad asked to spread the word by the sword and then have a muslim brother defend the statement.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by olabowale(m): 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2006
@Piddo; The better thing to do is that you go and get a Qur'an. Read it. Then where ever you need an explanation, God willing, somebody will explain to you.

happy reading.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 18, 2006
olabowale:

@Piddo; The better thing to do is that you go and get a Qur'an. Read it. Then where ever you need an explanation, God willing, somebody will explain to you.

happy reading.

Piddo pls do not bother trying to read that incoherent poem called the quran, you will only end up getting more confused. In some verses one certain Allah gives a command and then abrogates it a few verses later. He has no idea with what he "created" his slaves, either from a blood clot, water, dust, clay, nothing! He cannot find the "original" gospel he claimed to have "sent down" and "confirmed", he tells his slaves the world over to face east when praying to the kaaba including those in the north and south poles, is their own east facing the kaaba?
He cannot seem to come to a firm stand on how many wives his slaves are allowed to marry, 4 permanent ones, as many temporary wives, then as many slaves as you catch during war, later out of frustration he tells them to marry as many as they can love!

Do not bother reading his obvious lies and contradictions, his very name itself is a controversy. Not even his slaves can figure out whether it belongs to him or some prior idol. He claims to be the same god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob yet he does not seem to have been in existence when the fathers of our faith where alive. He says that blood thirsty bandit called Muhammed was his last messenger, did he intend the world to end after mo's death or why has he left his slaves without a messenger since then?

Do not waste your time trying to find answers to your questions in his book. His slaves are not sure who penned what down to make up the book, some claim some parts were edited and the rest burnt, others disagree. His slaves themselves are so confused about the book the only way they can "successfully" defend their "faith" is to quote from the bible they claim has been corrupted.
Ask them who sent Mohammed and they immediately turn to quoting the sending of the Comforter in the bible. Ask them if Mohammed was prophesied prior to his birth and pronto they open Isaiah to quote from the verse about camels and Arabia. Ask them about Mohammed's murderous lifestyle and they point to Exodus!

His slaves have no idea if he is merciful, they do not know if they will go to heaven, infact Muhammed himself was not so sure if his campaign of terror would earn him 72 virgins and rivers flowing with beer.
Do not read a book that glorifies pedophilia, sanctions sodomy, religious intolerance and sex with animals. Do not read a book that does regards your mother as no better than a camel, dont waste your time on a book that commands you to kill others, refers to them as apes and infidels, and is ambigous at best.

If you are expecting his slaves to quote from the quran, i fear you will be there till Jesus comes. We have been trying to get them to quote from it since last yr and yet the best they can do is post bogus "101 contradictions in the bible", they do not read the quran themselves, they have no understanding of it, pls if you have serious questions direct them to the nearest mosque, however, you do so at your own risk!
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by olabowale(m): 4:33am On Sep 18, 2006
@Davidlan; You are a Joke. Your hatred of Islam and Muslims is so apparent. Are you so concern that the christians may lose a man. If His Lord wills that he will enter paradise, your playing a devil in his life will come to Zero.

You have to know that God is capable of doing all things. His power is Limitless. You see people from Haiti, white americans and blacks and others rushing in to taste the sweetness of islam.

You as an Ibo man, how many girlfriends do you have in Rochester? Further if you are married, barring the artificial restriction that has been put on you, how many women would you like to marry. Assuming you are in an enviroment where there is no law stopping you and the wome are willing, will you stop at one? You are an insincere man. I always like people who are honest. I may not agree with them, but i will respect them.

The rest of your entry, I chalk it up to your ignorance. May God help you out of the abbyss of ignorance. Oh, I forgot, you are in lets feel good religion. Thinking that an innocent person will bear the consequent of your sins. Yet, from youir book, he did not go to the slaughter, willingly. Brother davidlan, Give Me A Break.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by MalcomX1: 5:36am On Sep 18, 2006
Hello Piddo,
You have asked a good question and olabowale has given the right answer because in Islam it is the application of your knowledge that will lead you to the understanding of the Quran. Whether David has read it or not i cannot say, but from your own reading you can be able to judge which one would you believe. WHETHER DAVID OR THE QURAN.

Enjoy as you embark on your true findings.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Piddo(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2006
@davidylan: Your response got me reeling in laughter. So much venom but I must admit, it was an interesting read. May I suggest that you keep your real identity as confidential as possible so you don't end up getting the Salman Rushdie treatment grin

@Olabowale: I honestly expected you to be the one that will respond with chapters/verses of the quran going by your various past posts on islam. However, you thought wrong in your last reply. I wasnt in any way insinuating a possible change in religion. I just wanted you guys to be as direct as possible in defence of islam. If anyone had something specific to say about xtianity, it could always be backed up/contradicted by quotes in the bible. I am not through with reading the entire bible (and may never be) but I put it up to you that, even you are not sure of the verses to conjour in defence of the terrible claims made against islam. I am sure you know what I am talking about, e.g. What makes you face the east when you pray regardless of your position on the globe?? I can fish out a reading in the bible that says something about that, Ezekiel Chapter 8:16. (I hope we don't start a thread on this one too)

@Malcom X: You may have a good point there. If everyone is left to judge the quran by his own understanding, then voila, the reason why you have some killing in the name of Allah and others not understanding why. Arent they all supposed to have a unidirectional look at the meaning of the sayings in that book? Some extremist reads the quran and by his own understanding, influences some young boys who are yet to form "their own" opinion of the religion that it is divine to kill yourself and take as many innocent souls with you in defence of islam!!! Wow, creepy.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by firdaus4us: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2006
When Jesus came the Jew disbelieved in him. It is normal to critise faiths different from yours but all these your arguments hold no water.
davidslain, bring ur proof if u are truthful.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by olabowale(m): 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2006
@Piddo; Go ask any Muslim, the significance of the Ka'aba as to the direction of prayer. Every one of them will tell you it is the what God commands us to face.

I am not a christian. If i willaccept anything from the Bible, its support will be the Qur'an and/or the Sunnah of muhammad (AS). Others from the Bible that the Qur'an and/or Sunnah do oppose is rejected by me. Where Qur'an and /or Sunnah do not give any opinion, I do not have any as well. However, i will not insult any prophet of God. If I do, I will by linkage be insulting Muhammad (AS). Afterall, they are from the same source in purity. We the followers are the groups that have the differences.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by mukina2: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2006
this getting disgusting
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by olabowale(m): 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2006
@Mukina2; You must try to have simple dialogue with the christians.Most of them do not know anything about Qur'an. They get their feeds from TV evangelizing and horrible website.

If you struggle to speak kind words to them, just maybe, God will bring His light into their hearts and His mercy on you for your effort. Afterall, you do not gain if you do not venture.

Persevere. This is how islam was spread; patience and steadfastness. Afterall, only a handful of companions journeyed to the far east for Dawa'h. They were patient and steady in their resolves. May God reward them for their efforts. Amiin.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by mukina2: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2006
olabowale its ok,
but even if you try to make them understand they wont
people like davidylan,babyosis to name but a few
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by babs787(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2006
davidyla and the rest

u claimed that Quran preaches violence. where is is stated. am sure by the time i bring to ur awareness where bibles preaches violence and killing people, etc. u will eat ur words. coming soon. u will be suprised cos most of ur elders are hiding those chapters from you.

Gods willing its coming soon?
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Piddo(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2006
@babs787: Cant wait for you to point it out to me in the bible, You bet I will be one of the first to grab a gun and shoot anyone who insults my dear Jesus. As u claim, there are verses in the bible that preach such violence but happily, you dont see any christian on a suicide bombing mission. Why is that?, simple, such doesnt exist in the holy book!!
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by candylips(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2006
This is a very nice thread.
As usual the question has not been answered.
As usual they tell use Islam is a religion of peace.
As usual they deny the obvious facts.

Muslims in the house please educate us non muslims as to what your faith is truely based on.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by pearl2(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2006
@ Piddo.
Go and read the thread, 'Muslims are we bad?'.You will find many passages quoted directly from Koran there.
Better still, google up 'prophet of doom' and you'll get to see Koranic passages on violence on the website, you can then correlate this with the actions of the Jihadists worldwide.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by candylips(m): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2006
ha thanks pearl. just google up and found the site.

anyone interested go to http://www.prophetofdoom.net/quotes.aspx?g=405
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2006
olabowale:

@Piddo; Go ask any Muslim, the significance of the Ka'aba as to the direction of prayer. Every one of them will tell you it is the what God commands us to face.

Still you have your head buried in the sand in an attempt to avoid answering the simple question! Which direction do you face in America when praying given that you all face the ka'aba and West African muslims face east?

No one is asking of the significance of the ka'aba!
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2006
Apart from the famous quote of kill infidels these are some quote from the hadiths happy reading:

The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number. Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." Bukhari,Volume 7, Book 62, Number 6:

The Prophet used to go round (have sexual relations with) all his wives in one night

Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 270:

Aisha said, "I scented Allah's Apostle and he went round (had sexual intercourse with) all his wives."
PROPHET SULAIMAN WAS GIVEN SIMILAR STRENGTH

Such sexual capability and stamina is Allah’s miracle, which is only given to prophets.

Prophet Sulaiman used to have sex with 100 women in one night.

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 74i:

Allah's Apostle said, "Once Solomon, son of David said, '(By Allah) Tonight I will have sexual intercourse with one hundred (or ninety-nine) women each of whom will give birth to a knight who will fight in Allah's Cause.
EVEN GIBRAEEL VISITED APOSTLE’S BEDROOM

His lovemaking was complimented by visits of archangel Gibraeel. Once apostle even introduced Gibraeel to Ayesha. Ordinary mortals cannot see angels, needless to say she was clueless and could not see him. Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 112:
Narrated Abu Salama:

'Aisha said, "Once Allah's Apostle said (to me), 'O Aish ('Aisha)! This is Gabriel greeting you.' I said, 'Peace and Allah's Mercy and Blessings be on him, you see what I don't see' " She was addressing Allah 's Apostle.

ALL HIS OTHER WIVES WATCHED HIM MAKE LOVE

Apostle’s love making was outstanding and was watched (and admired) by all his wives, Bukhari, Book 008, Number 3450:

Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had nine wives. They (all the wives) used to gather every night in the house of one where he had to come (and stay that night).
PEEPING TOMS ALSO WATCHED

Bukhari , Volume 9, Book 83, Number 38a:

A man peeped into one of the dwelling places of the Prophet.

Muslim, Book 025, Number 5369:

Anas b. Malik reported that a person peeped in some of the holes (in the doors) of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 83, Number 38:

Care for more??
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Piddo(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2006
What a STUD!!! I wonder what time he had to do the actual preaching.

Thank you thank you thank you dayokanu. At last someone who can extract stuff from the quran. Do I care for more?? Hell yeah, However, please lets overlook the sexual prowress, nuff said. Kindly extract parts that tell of the "spread the word by the sword", or "kill them all and be welcome in paradise"
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2006
The Quran requires violence. Sura 9:5 says,
Fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every strategem of war.
Sura 5:33 records what is done to infidels who resist Islam: Their punishment is, execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from the opposite sides, or exile from the land

Want more
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2006
"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is one of them . . ." Surah 5:54.

The Hadith, which is a record of the words and deeds of Muhammad, is also viewed by Muslims as inspired. Next to the Quran, it is the most important source of Islamic Law. It's teachings are regarded as binding on all Muslims.

The Hadith teaches that apostasy is punishable by death: "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Vol. 9:57.

A Muslim may not be punished for killing a non-Muslim: "No Muslim should be killed for killing a kafir (infidel)." Vol 9:50

Those who die in holy war are guaranteed to go to Heaven. "The person who participates in Jihad (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His apostle, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to paradise (if he is killed)." Vol 1:35

Care for more
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Piddo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2006
Thanks again dayokanu,

I am doing some research (interesting!!) and can see that Surah is Chapter. However, I cant seem to locate anything on Bukhari,
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by dayokanu(m): 8:54am On Sep 19, 2006
[b]Qur’an 9:5 “Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.”
Qur’an 9:112 “The Believers fight in Allah’s Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed.”
Qur’an 9:29 “Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission.”
Qur’an 8:39 “Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah.”
Qur’an 8:39 “So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world).”
Qur’an 8:12 “I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle.”
Qur’an 8:57 “If you gain mastery over them in battle, inflict such a defeat as would terrorize them, so that they would learn a lesson and be warned.”
Ishaq:326 “If you come upon them, deal so forcibly as to terrify those who would follow, that they may be warned. Make a severe example of them by terrorizing Allah’s enemies.”
Ishaq:588 “When the Apostle descends on your land none of your people will be left when he leaves.” [/b]

Are these enough or you still want more?
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by babs787(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2006
piddo for you and the rest

THE REASON FOR THE BELOW IS TO LET SOME CHRISTIANS THAT DO ACCUSE THE HOLY QURAN OF CONTAINING VIOLENT WORDS THAT THEY SHOULD BRING THEIR PRROF WHEREIN IT CONTAINS OR MAKE MENTION OF SWORDS. I COULDN’T EVEN BELIEVE IT WHEN I READ THE FREE USE OF SWRODS IN THE BIBLE AND ALSO JESUS (JESUS IN THE BIBLE) TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THOSE AGAINST HIM!!!

Killing women, children, animals.

Ezekiel 9v5: and the Lord isad, ‘go through the city and SMITE, let not your eye spare, neither have you pity. SLAY utterly old and young both maids and little children and women.

Num 31v1-: and the Lord said unto Moses, ‘AVENGE the children of the Midanites…………, as the Lord commanded Moses

Killing women, children, animals.

Ezekiel 9v5: and the Lord said, ‘go through the city and SMITE, let not your eye spare, neither have you pity. SLAY utterly old and young both maids and little children and women.

Num 31v1-: and the Lord said unto Moses, ‘AVENGE the children of the Midanites……………as the Lord commanded Moses and they SLAY ALL THE MALES. And they took all women as captives and their little ones, and they took the spoil of all their cattles and all their flocks and all their goods. And they burnt all the cities wherein they dwelt and all their goodly castles with fire. Moses said,’HAVE U SAVED ALL THE WOMEN ALIVE? NOW KILL EVERY MALE AMONG THE LITTLE ONES AND KILL EVERY WOMAN THAT HAS KNOWN MAN BY LYING WITH HIM BUT ALL THE YOUNG GIRLS WHO HAVE NOT KNOWN A MAN BY LYING WITH HIM KEEP ALIVE FOR YOURSELVES.

KILL THEM AND TAKE THEIR PROPERTIES

Deut 20v10: when u draw near to a city to fight against it, offer terms of peace to it. And it its answer to you is peace and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall do forced labour for you and shall serve you. But if it makes no peace with you, THEN U SHALL BESIEGE IT, U SHALL PUT ALL THE MALES TO THE SWORD, but the women and the little ones, the cattle and everything else in the city all its spoils, u shall TAKE AS BOOTY FOR YOURSELVES AND U SHALL ENJOY THE SPOIL OF YOUR ENEMIES.

REVENGE, SWORD AND FIRE

Amos 9v1: I will SLAY that left of them unto the SWORD, not one of them shall flee away. I will command the SWORD, and it shall SLAY THEM.

Jer 49v37: I will send the SWORD after them until I have CONSUMED them.

SWORD AND FIRE IN NEW TESTAMENT (ALL THESE WERE SAID BY JESUS)

Luke 12v49: I came to cast fire upon the earth and would that it were already kindled. Do not think I came to make peace but rather DIVISION for from henceforth in one house there will be five didvided, three against two, two against three. They will be divided, father against son, son against father, mother against daughter, daughter against mother.

Mathew 10v34: do not think I have come to make peace on earth. I have not come to make peace but a SWORD. For I have come to set man against his father and a daughter against her mother.

Luke 19v27: for those enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and SLAY THEM HERE AND SLAY THEM THERE BEFORE ME .

NA WA O. ALL THESE SAID BY JESUS ALONE. The reason for this is that U accused the Holy Quran of containing violence and there is no place in the Quran that mention sword as in the bible. How could a bible contain all these, Haba. Truth stands from falsehood. Truth has come and falsehood will perish. Know the truth and it will set you free.

CHRISTIANS THINK THAT MUSLIMS HATE JESUS OR LIKEWISE BUT THE BITTER TRUTH IS THAT, WE ACCORD HIM RESPECT MORE THAN CHRISTIANS DO. WE BELIEVE IN HIM LIKEWISE OTHER PROPHETS TOO UNLIKE CHRISTIANS THAT DISCRIMINATE. WE BELIEVE IN HIS GOSPEL AND HIS TEACHINGS AS THE SLAVE AND PROPHET OF GOD.BUT NOT THE SO CALLED NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANS CARRY ABOUT (PAULINE DOCTRINE) THAT HAS BEEN EDITED, SUBTRACTED, ADDED, MULTIPLIED AND COPIED FROM EACH OTHER (THE AUTHORS).

MUSLIMS ARE NOT HERE AT NAIRALAND TO FIGHT OVER RELIGION BUT TO LET U KNOW THE TRUTH HAVING MISLED MANY AND ALSO DISTURBING THE PEACE OF MUSLIMS WITH YOUR ACCEPT JESUS TODAY, HE’S THE SAVIOUR, HE DIED FOR YOUR SIN ETC WITHOUT HAVING A RE-THINK OF IT AND CHECK FOR ITS ROOT FROM THE BIBLE . UR BIBLE EVEN SAID IT THAT PROVE ALL THINGS AND HOLD FAST WHICH IS TRUTH AND ALSO KNOW THE TRUTH AND IT WILL SET U FREE. SO IF U DON’T COMPARE THINGS, PROVE AND MAKE RESEARCH, HOW WILL U KNOW THE TRUTH? ALLAH (SWT) SAID IN THE HOLY QURAN THAT CALL TO THE WAY OF THE LORD WITH WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND BEAUTIFUL PREACHING.

Quran 4v82: do they not then consider(reflect/ponder) the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah (God/Ellah/Chineke/Olorun/Osanobua etc), they would surely have FOUND THEREIN MANY A CONTRADICTION.

That is the saying of the owner of the holy books telling u how to know that a book is from HIM. Meaning if any book contain contradictions, then its not from HIM. We made research into the bible and found out many discrepancies. He (ALLAH) also said that the Holy Quran is from HIM and that HE will guide it and that if man and jinns work together, they can never a produce a chapter likeof. 1400 years ago, the Holy Quran is still intact despite different authors but check bible, no way, KJV contradicts RSV, Catholic having their own doctrine and bible different from protestants, Jehovah witnesses having theirs different from Deeper life etc. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. ACCEPT TRUTH TODAY, ALLAH IS MERCIFUL AND BENEFICIENT. HE DOESN’T NEED ANY BLOOD SACRIFICE OF ANY HUMAN (JESUS) BEFORE HE FORGIVES IF ONLY U WILL DO AWAY WITH UR SINS AND NEVER GO BACK TO IT AND ACCEPT HIM AS UR LORD, UR CREATOR, SAVIOUR AND NOT TAKING MORTAL AS UR SAVIOUR (JESUS) FOR HE FORGIVES ALL SINS EXCEPT POLYTHEISM (TRINITY, ASCRIBING PARTNER WITH HIM,ETC) AND GIVING HIS ATTRIBUTES TO FELLOW CREATION (JESUS)

ISLAM STANDS FROM FALSEHOOD AND DECEPTION. JOIN THE RELIGION OF THE WISE. ISLAM IS THE NOAH’S ARK OF TODAY, EMBARK ON IT AND BE SAVED.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Aggressa(m): 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2006
Dear Browneyes/Mukina2/ Firdau4u/Olabowale and other muslims, christians etc here, grab a Quran and do some research and get information on the following:

(1) The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible,(i.e the Tuarat and the Injil or the Old and New Testaments respectively (Read Sura 5:47-52, Sura 55:69, Sura 2:53, Sura 10:94-95, Sura 4:82.

(2) The Quran testifies to the miraculous birth of Jesus through a virgin. (Sura 19:20, Sura 19:16-35); so who is His Father if not Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel!! Jesus is the Son of God
- That Jesus was without sin (Sura 19:19)
-That Jesus performed many miracles including raising people from death. (Surah 3:119, Surah 5:113, Surah 22:73)
-That Jesus ascended into heaven and He is still there. (Surah 4:158) and He is coming back.
-Quran refers to Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah. (Surah 4:157, 171,172, Surah 9:31, Surah 3:45) Messiah means the saviour
-Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 3:45, Surah 19:34) and also as Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God (Surah 4:171, Surah 58:22.) So is the Word of God and Spirit of God part of Him or a separate entity?. If possible, you can also see Yusuf Alli's translation of the Quran, note 5365, p 1518, it states Jesus is the Very Spirit of God Himself.

(3) The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior (Read Sura 3:45 pleeaaseeeee and come on board fast)

(4) The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life (Surah 22:73) and it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God. From the QURAN!!!!!!

You ladies and gents sound like intelligent folks and I challenge you to read all the portions of the Quran referred to, it has been hidden from you by the imams, mullahs, and sheiks who have been preying on your ignorance but it is now revealed. In the whole of the quran there is not one verse that rejects the Bible (i.e the Taurat and the Injil or Old and New Testaments respectively) as the infallible word of God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; but as I mentioned earlier it emphasises that you must read and accept it.(Additionally; Surah 5:71-72, 5:69, 6:91, and 3:3)
Many of those who preach in your mosques know this but will rather hide it from you; TODAY has it been revealed, read (if you dare!!! I say) and You WILL NOT BOTHER TO READ THE QURAN AGAIN AFTERWARD but will get a Bible fast. Print this piece out and research it; these are not from a casual internet search but from scholastic research of quran, so read. I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you and convict your minds as you do this. I love you with the love of God.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Shalom.

Wait eagerly for Part 2, it is coming soon!!!
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by dayokanu(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2006
Babs can you read the topic of the thread it is in very simple elementary English

Someone earlier said that most Moslems cant quote from the Koran all they do is to quote from the Bible and Babs has just done that.
if you want something put up a thread. are the above quotes from the Koran if yes then you can ask your next question
Piddo wanted some  quotes from the Koran nobody wanted to give him and I gave him some useful ones
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by firdaus4us: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2006
@Havila
You are also here.
You are a liar. We can you quote the verse in full?

Q3:49. "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah.s leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah.s leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

By Allah's leave!

We Muslim accept all the past Books sent down by Allah. We accept all his Prophet, we say nothing bad about them, unlike you christian, only Jesus is good, the rest not holy.

Q2:285.
The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

If u believe that because of the miraculous birth of Jesus then God is his father, what about Adam? Eve?

Better put:
God is the Father and Mother of Adam
God is the Mother of Eve and Adam is her father. Can u reason?

Creation of Jesus?
Q3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Q22:73 "out of topic" Get a copy of Quran and check it.

I am very sure you never read the Quran in your life, why did u qoute from it what u know not? Q5:113 said nothing about giving life to the defunct! Not a mistake, you quoted it two times. Now your refutation below:

Q5:110.
Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'

Q5:111.
"And behold! I inspired the disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger. they said, 'We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims'".

Q5:112.
Behold! the disciples, said: "O Jesus the son of Mary! can thy Lord send down to us a table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said Jesus: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."

Q5:113.
They said: "We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou hast indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnesses to the miracle."

Q5:114.
Said Jesus the son of Mary: "O Allah our Lord! Send us from heaven a table set (with viands), that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a solemn festival and a sign from thee; and provide for our sustenance, for thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."

Q5:115.
Allah said: "I will send it down unto you: But if any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples."

Ponder very well upon the italiced words.

Q5:47-52 didn't tell Muslims read and accept the Bible. You are a liar. Quote the verses if u are truthful!

Infact Q5:71-72 u quoted, makes us to realised that Jesus said you will be in Hell if u call him Allah. Read below the verses:
71. They thought there would be no trial (or punishment); so they became blind and deaf; yet Allah (in mercy) turned to them; yet again many of them became blind and deaf. But Allah sees well all that they do.

72. They do blaspheme who say: "(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

Q5:69 doen't even support your claim.
Q55:69 u quoted says "Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"
Q2:53, Q10:94-95, Q4:82, Q3:3, Q6:91, non of them support your argument.
Infact Q4:82 said "Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy."

Summarily, all the verses (Q2:53, Q10:94-95, Q4:82, Q3:3, Q6:91, Q5:69, Q55:69, Q5:47-52, Q5:113, Q3:49, Q5:71-72,
I still need your evidence that "The Quaran teaches that muslims must read and accept the Bible"

Jesus ascended into heaven
Yes, he ascended to the heaven by Allah's leave without being crusified contrary to your bible opinion that he was crusified.

Q4:157-159
157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

159. And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Q4:159 means on the death bed of each and everyone of you, christian, you shall be made to known by the Angel that Jesus son of Maryam was not crucified. It also means, when Jesus comes back to the surface of the earth, all christians alive then, will know that he was neither crucified nor raise from dead during his first life on earth.

Quran refers to Jesus as Al-Masih i.e. the Messiah.
Q4;171-172, didn't support you

Q4:171. O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

Q4:172. Christ disdaineth nor to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant,-He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).

Note the italiced words.
Q9:31 you qouted says nothing about messiah, it is even against u. Read below
"They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah. there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)."

Q4:157 has been quoted earlier. Non of the verses(Q4:157, 171,172, Q9:31, Q3:45) you qouted supports your arguments. Are you not then are a liar?.

Do u know what the Arabs called Al-masihu? Continue wallowing in hero, I may tell you later.

Quran refers to Jesus as KALIMATULLAH i.e the Word of God
We are all Kalimatullah even you. i.e Allah says be and it will definately be. Do you know the number of SPERMS your father ejaculated during intercourse with your mother? All fertilized the egg? That is Allah's word in operation.

The soul is from Allah, when we die the soul will go back to Him.
Q3:59. The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.

Ruhun-minhu or Ruhullah i.e Spirit of God
Definately yes, Ruhu means soul. Your own soul is from who? From holy demon/ghost?

Alhamdulillahi that you still believe that Jesus is not God.

The Quran teaches that the followers of Jesus are superior

Another lie. Read below;
Q3:45. Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.

Qoute the verse and I will explain better to you. I know Allah said that, even in that surah, but you didn't know the interpretation.

The Quran teaches that no one beside God can give life
For certain, nobody! But the verse, Q22:73, you qouted didn't say that.
Q22:73. O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

Surprisingly, you end your qoute with fallacy:
"it also teaches that JESUS created and gave life (Surah 3:49, Surah 5:113). What does this mean?--by implication it means that Jesus must be God"

Deductive Reasoning
1)If God can speak and Havila can speak, then God=Havila.
2)If Devil has eyes and Havila has eyes, then Devil=Havila
3)If Nunatics can walk and Havila can walk, then Havila is mad.
Tell me please if you need more.

We have read them and we found out that our imams, mullahs, and sheiks etc are right but YOU ARE A FOOL, DISSEMBLER and we are saved from your WILES.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Aggressa(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2006
Dear Firdau4u:
Yes I am here, there and everywhere just to enlighten the world of the futility of some peoples belief in idolatory called Islam. You've not been able to refute the higligted statements from the quran as to the triune nature of God, but only engaiging in campaing of calumny.
If Jesus is the 'word of God' and also the 'very spirit of God' born miraculously by a virgin as posited in al-quran, that implies his divine nature: that is different from conception by fertilisation of you and I by our fathers and mothers. That is why we claim to be sons of God by adoption through Jesus Christ and we invite the holy spirit of God to dwell in us as believers.
Since you do not have the intellectual capacity to engage in debate, you've resorted to all sorts of name calling which shows your frustration and anger. My dear that is the spirit of conviction working in you and soon we shall hear the good news of your slavation. I know you will never be the same now since you've been hit by the truth. Everytime you read the quran from now, until you eventually drop it, questions will always arise in your heart--do not ignore it, that is the holy spirit convicting you.
As you see, quran is a book of plagiarism and distortions written by confusionist for the confused to keep them in perpetual state of confusion, but now you know the truth, do not resist it. Herein lies your slavation accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and al-Mashi i.e the Messiah
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by pearl2(m): 12:02am On Sep 20, 2006
@babs787
You sons or slaves of Allah never cease to amaze me with your ignorance and laughable absurd reasonings.
When people challenge your asinine statements of 'Islam means peace',you reach for garbled qoutations from the bible to point out that it contains violent passages instead of disproving us from current events that happen all over the world.
Do you know that the bible has 2 parts? the old and new testaments,and that the old primarily was God's dealing with the Jews whom Muhammad and his followers like you hate so much and commit countless atrocities against.
The new testament is what christians are obligated to follow,while we also learn lessons,from the old.Where are the nations that the Jews waged war against today?

Jesus spoke figuratively about the sword(he never carried one),you would know this that when Peter brought out a sword to cut off the ear of people who came to arrest him,he rebuked him and said those that live by the sword would perish by the sword.And proceeded in LOVE to heal the Roman soldier.He never had an army.The Bible is figuratively called the sword of the spirit.

Christianity at its origin never advocated violence,from Jesus to the apostles,there was no single act of violence in their actions.Indeed almost all of them were martyred by the powers of the day.
This compares sharply with your so- called prophet Muhammad(a paedophile and rapist),who from history is shown to be a morally bankrupt Arab warrior and depraved bandit,that personally led his disciples in wars,carried out massacres of Jews, ordered assasinations of his critics in his numerous Jihads.
Is that not what cold blooded murderers like Osama bin Laden a folk- hero of you Islamists, continue today and they can point to numerous passages of Koran to defend their ignoble actions.
How many Christian justifiably quote a verse or verses in the bible to murder an innocent person because he's an infidel like you slaves of Allah regularly do all over the world or don't you listen to news?

When you set off the personalities of Jesus and Muhammad against each other,the truth stares you uncomfortably in the face.
One was sinless,even his detractors who killed him testified to it.And I think your Koran,the suicide-bombers manual, says the same thing.
What of Muhammad? He was a charlatan with no credentials and character of a prophet(how many miracles did he perform? how many events did he foretell like an authentic prophet?), rather he was a debauched, hyper-sexed individual who dreamed up a vision of a paradise based on his own lust and dissolute lifestyle,where there would be endless wine fueled, sex orgy  for generations of Arab suicide bombers and their apologists who can risk their life in his 'holy' Jihad across the globe.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by MalcomX1: 7:34am On Sep 20, 2006
Actually in this thread, piddo made us know that he need to know about the Quran and Islam and the response was that he should get a copy of the Quran and learn that same quotation that`s been fed to him. Very simple.
Afterall you will be justified with whatever points you make instead of being fed. Knowledgeable people do research by themselves so ask your feliow brothers to encourage you to research for yourself.
It is generally good for you.
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2006
let me quote one where allah says Mo can have any woman for a lover for allah is indeed merciful.

33:50 O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war, and the daughters of thine uncle on the father's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the father's side, and the daughters of thine uncle on the mother's side and the daughters of thine aunts on the mother's side who emigrated with thee, and a believing woman if she give herself unto the Prophet and the Prophet desire to ask her in marriage - a privilege for thee only, not for the (rest of) believers - We are Aware of that which We enjoined upon them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess - that thou mayst be free from blame, for Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful
Re: Can Someone Please Quote From The Quran by dayokanu(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2006
Piddo do you need more quotes?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Should Not Drive - Says Islam / African American Pastors Oppose Gay Ban!!!!!!!! / Vision Of Violent Wind/storm Destruction Coming To Lagos, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.