Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90424 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by oote: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
Flashh:
Unfortunately i don't do BBM. cry

Graduated... Only do whatsapp.
Whao! Whc set Flash? Wire me ur whatsapp digit fellow Rockites
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Ebi4life: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

how can your brother have a sharp 2:1 and still have a PGD Na wa Oo
it is possible. if u go to nigerian institute of minning and mineral exploration they only award pgd degree no matter ur previous grade
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by sconp: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
If you are coming to unn to study Geology.. Hmmm.... Get ready it's not child's play.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by AIG07: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
The present Education system is a mess! Pardon f I offend u
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Lordfranklin(m): 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
I rep UniJos!

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
GREAT DELSUITES! GREAT BRAINS..

THO MY FOLKS IN GEOLOGY ALWAYS COMPLAINS AND EXTENSION IS THEIR WATCHWORD
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by asumo12: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Tchidi my lofe!

tchidi:
UNIMAID?? Thanks, but i'll pass on that one. angry angry

Wait, my neighbour is a Geology graduate but his school no dey ther! undecided undecided

How u dey?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by coolbj(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
geology for futminna nobi beans d lectures no get joy saddist run in dere vain

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by stanisbaratheon: 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ebi4life:
it is possible. if u go to nigerian institute of minning and mineral exploration they only award pgd degree no matter ur previous grade

okay sir
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by jasper83: 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Op you are wrong ooo. Your list is complete without UNILAG, do your findings and you will be amazed with their facilities. Like 5years ago Shell donated to them a massive geology lab opposite the faculty of science and a brand new coaster bus to research work. Presently more than 5 of their lecturers are consultant to Schlumberger and co. Pls do ur finding oooo
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
datguru:
Unique uniport

''Uniport-Unikettle- Dem go cook you done'' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by jasper83: 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Op you are wrong ooo. Your list is not complete without UNILAG, do your findings and you will be amazed with their facilities. Like 5years ago Shell donated to them a massive geology lab opposite the faculty of science and a brand new coaster bus for research work. Presently more than 5 of their lecturers are consultant to Schlumberger and co. Pls do ur finding oooo
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by AIG07: 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
So we were told and we went ahead to study the course.

Truth is, geology, geophysics curriculum in Nigeria universities is fvcked up.

You'll realize it when you get out there in the oil and gas industry.
the education system is a mess.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by seunshrek(m): 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Your school doesn't really matter as long as you have good grade...wish I had studied in the top 5schools. I'll just get 'an' MSC from one of 'em
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
My question is that why study Geology?!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Chigorkizz(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
All these over-hyped courses.
Are you telling us that hundreds of geologist are not jobless in this Zoo called Nigeria?

Job can come at anytime not minding what you studied.

Am a biologist and i believe there is job waiting for everyone of the job seekers.

Still searching...........

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by fotadmowmend(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
Geology in OAU without regret ?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by mrbillz(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
demyours:
EKSU
YES EKSU! MY ALMA MATA
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by mrpackager(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)…………UNIMAID

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala

?.....modify

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by BigSamX(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
This list is a wack.these are the universities wit the best geology department.
1.University of ibadan
2.Federal university of technology akure
3.Obafemi awolowo university
4.university of lagos
5.University of Nigeria
6.Ahmodu bello university
7.University of Ilorin
8.Ladoke akintola university of technology
9.Federal university of technology minna.
10.Olabisi onabanjo university.
This list is compiled by a renown geologist of many years of working experience both within and outside the shores of this country.The rating is based on the calibre of sound lecturers,exposure to field work,laboratories and students among others...

5 Likes

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Luckygurl(f): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
lonelydora:
Team UNN....... Geology in Jimbaz building rocks.

GREATEST LIONS AND LIONESSES!!! GREAT.

Restoring the dignity of man since 1960.

Huh!! Geology department under faculty of phyisical sciences in jimbazz building??

I fear this your post oo sad sad
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
millionboi:
U jst name d popular uni in nigeria

Oga is UNILAG there? Is UNIZIK there? ABU, UNIUYO, FUNAB, LASU etc..... If your school isn't there, Sorry....
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Judolisco(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
kwara state university nt on ur list
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
BigSamX:
This list is a wack.these are the universities wit the best geology department.
1.University of ibadan
2.Federal university of technology akure
3.Obafemi awolowo university
4.university of lagos
5.University of Nigeria
6.Ahmodu bello university
7.University of Ilorin
8.Ladoke akintola university of technology
9.Federal university of technology minna.
10.Olabisi onabanjo university.
This list is compiled by a renown geologist of many years of working experience both within and outside the shores of this country.The rating is based on the calibre of sound lecturers,exposure to field work,laboratories and students among others...

Where is the renowned geologist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Kingsasian(m): 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
snazzy5050:
smileyWe rep uniben....... 3 gboza for the greatest uniben students wink

Hmmmmmmm @UNIMAD (university madness) cry
gboza gboza gboza!

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
Judolisco:
kwara state university nt on ur list

We talking Geological matters here..... Not Transatlantic slave trade... Your turn will come...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by beyoncausme: 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
based on what....
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by vislabraye(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.

Don't believe.. hard to believe. Has he thought about travelling abroad? There could be a difference...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by snazzy5050(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
Kingsasian:
gboza gboza gboza!
Naxo grin
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chigorkizz:
All these over-hyped courses.
Are you telling us that hundreds of geologist are not jobless in this Zoo called Nigeria?

Job can come at anytime not minding what you studied.

Am a biologist and i believe there is job waiting for everyone of the job seekers.

Still searching...........

Confused.... What is this one sayinggggggggggg?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Aminat508(f): 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
asumo12:
Tchidi my lofe!

How u dey?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ayodejisure: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Great Ife..... Oba Awon Universities (OAU)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party / Any Latest News On Assu Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.