Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90422 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Ruuhh(m): 9:10am On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university.
where is FUT Yola
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by stanisbaratheon: 9:15am On Jun 10, 2015
daddynasa:
first class can also have a PGD. una nor knw anything for this nairaland o.

what is PGD??
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 10, 2015
1 excuse me sir, production cost more than exploration
2 I mentioned 3 courses nt a whole faculty
3 job is by grace am jes stating facts
butanep:
Exploration cost more than production. They take engineers... yes. why will you compare engineering which is a faculty to geology\geophysic which is a dept.

The exploration team consist of geologist, geophycist, chemical engineers, petroleum engineers, mechanical engineers,... maybe two or more for each depending on the degree of exploration. So what is your own...

Good things never come easy. There are still many engineers out there with good results that are jobless... so don't limit it to geologist...

Job is grace not your area of discipline...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
1 excuse me sir, production cost more than exploration
2 I mentioned 3 courses nt a whole faculty
3 job is by grace am jes stating facts
please what did you study?

Let me know if am not wasting my time...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
McSterling:
E be like say everybody know this man. A true petrological lecher! Hehehe... But he makes petrology so damn interesting. It often felt like I was eating a delicious meal.

He made igneous petrology super interesting. The man dey stingy with marks eh.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by TRADELYN: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Malomiprosper@gmail.com
Please who are the we?
See your mail.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Ruuhh:
where is FUT Yola
nor be only fut yola....na fut loya

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2015
Applied geophysics
butanep:
please what did you study?

Let me know if am not wasting my time...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:26am On Jun 10, 2015
TRADELYN:

See your mail.
I ve... will reply you later...

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
Applied geophysics
Do you know where exploration start from n where it end...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 10, 2015
Maybe u ar classifying field development as part of exploration
butanep:

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by africandictator(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
unilag do not offer the course well.
i am a unilag student and i have two frends in the dept of geophysics..
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
To clear ur doubt it start from regional evaluation and stop at delineation of reserves
butanep:

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by lachenzy1(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
. He needs HSE courses other professional courses.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
Maybe u ar classifying field development as part of exploration
what is field development about?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Timcy2(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2015
iyke926:

"Do not compare yourself with others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself". -Adolf Hitler.

Life is not a competition about who finishes first or who comes last, Bro. Everyone got a story of how life tried fvcking them up but you got to brace yourself and be happy. Abeg stop getting depressed and be happy... as you hope for the best.

Nwa'nna thanks.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by HIPROFILE(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2015
FUTO......everywhere u go!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Mourin(f): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Cool... all the best.
Thanks
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by laboguashi(m): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2015
jasper83:
Op you are wrong ooo. Your list is complete without UNILAG, do your findings and you will be amazed with their facilities. Like 5years ago Shell donated to them a massive geology lab opposite the faculty of science and a brand new coaster bus to research work. Presently more than 5 of their lecturers are consultant to Schlumberger and co. Pls do ur finding oooo

Shell donated a building whose foundations has not been laid till today because of internal politics.

The undergraduate program is good but their PG sucks like die.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2015
hw I wan phrase am oo..after exploratio... Like putting MACHINES and infrastructure (including production wells) in place for production... In a way dat is optimal for production in the given field...dy use more of Reservoir engineers in dis phase...
butanep:
what is field development about?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by blackborn7(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala

We #rep UNICAL- Marine Geology.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Bosh057(f): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2015
Representing Unimaid.......the very best grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2015
blackborn7:

We #rep UNICAL- Marine Geology.
good one...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
hw I wan phrase am oo..after exploratio... Like putting MACHINES and infrastructure (including production wells) in place for production... In a way dat is optimal for production in the given field...dy use more of Reservoir engineers in dis phase...
please go and study more of exploration geology...

Note that there are different stages of exploration!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Elevation(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2015
ABU is a great school you cannot mention any University in the north that has levels like ABU, things have to be done in order God has blessed ABU under ideal conditions and without negative effects from an individual or his ways an ABU graduate can never, I repeat never be a nonentity with or without your ranking, the spiritual atmosphere has stamped it so.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2015
Ok sir..
butanep:
please go and study more of exploration geology...

Note that there are different stages of exploration!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
Ok sir..
Bravo....

All the best to a learned colleague...

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by effectchange: 11:58am On Jun 10, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Good one! Jambites should take note.....to avoid stories that touch after graduation...(prepare to read like a MAD man if u wanna graduate)

swift Employment+cool pay=GEOLOGY
They should be reminded and told the number of times they will spend in the bush for risky field trips. Also, if you don't have good and reliable sponsors, don't opt for it except you are ready to borrow money to complete your education. Most of their analysis are done abroad and those done within Nigeria are jaw breaking. Goodluck
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by okwumborso(m): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
ask him to do goephysis in his phd

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
Akposy:

Am a delsuite too na... Am .a Botanist... Support me na....u .be my senior oo

Shun sir.... All the way baba
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
captmatts:

Like Seriously
ALWAYS COMPLAINS
too bad if u tot u were right

Calm down Dude... I have folks in that dept since 08/09 set till date..... I know what I am saying... Which set are you?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Akposy(m): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Shun sir.... All the way baba
Tanx baba

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party / Any Latest News On Assu Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.