Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President (1477 Views)

Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife / Breaking!!! Bukola Saraki Decamp To PDP. Removes APC Logo / BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Nailed 13-count Corruption Charge By Code Conduct Bureau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by voiceoftruthNG: 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Senator Bukola Saraki spoke to members of the press minutes after being sworn in as President of the Senate of the National Assembly. Senator Saraki spoke to the media just outside the Senate chambers.

Senator Saraki’s controversial election took place with 57 Senators present out of the 108 member body. The vote also took place while All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders, including President Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo, were in a meeting to discuss various APC factions competing for leadership positions in the National Assembly.

Late yesterday the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) endorsed Senator Bukola Saraki as Senate President, according to statements issued by the PDP Publicity Secretary Olisa Metuh.

In his comments, Senator Saraki saluted President Buhari for remaining “steadfast” in his defense of the right of the National Assembly to choose its own leaders.

“I am most honoured and privileged to be elected to serve as President of the Senate. I accept with humility and respect the honour you have conferred upon me today,” Mr. Saraki told members of the media.

He also sought support and cooperation from senators, and asked members to be united.

He also thanked the former President of the Senate, David Mark, for the “uncommon leadership” which he provided in the last eight years which led to the stability of the Senate.

“May the future generation of citizens look upon the 8th National Assembly as a true assembly of our people’s representatives who did their best in the service of our nation.

“I congratulate ourselves for this great day and the beginning of a new chapter in the history of our great Nation.http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/09/breaking-bukola-saraki-gives-first-remarks-controversial-senate-president
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
I foresee two or more Senate Presidents in Buhari's administration.
By the time the can of worms is opened, Saraki might not be able to withstand it.
Watchout.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Silvofitz:
I foresee 2 or more Senate Presidents in Buhari's administration.
By the time the can of worms is opened, Saraki might not be able to withstand it.
Watchout.

Nothing to Watchout for! Nothing would happen! Money would settle all their cases.

No be dis men we de find their pockets?
leave story!

2 speakers didn't arise wen tambuwal was speaker.
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by bigtt76(f): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
I said the same thing too ....we are in for an interesting Change Regime grin

Silvofitz:
I foresee two or more Senate Presidents in Buhari's administration.
Watchout.
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by bigtt76(f): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Two speakers didn't emerge then because GEJ was c***********ss grin this time around there are mega forces who would be fighting the Buhari's cause

Chosen1984:

Nothing to Watchout for! Nothing would happen! Money would settle all their cases.

No be dis men we de find their pockets?
leave story!

2 speakers didn't arise wen tambuwal was speaker.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by Ashraf123(f): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmmm, wish him d best.
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
bigtt76:
Two speakers didn't emerge then because GEJ was c***********ss grin this time around there are mega forces who would be fighting the Buhari's cause

Forget that story! NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN! THE HIGHEST THIN IS THAT SOME PEOPLE WOULD GO TO HUG TRANSFORMER IN CELLS

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nothing will happen...

Check my signature
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by bigtt76(f): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lol

Chosen1984:

Forget that story! NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN! THE HIGHEST THIN IS THAT SOME PEOPLE WOULD GO TO HUG TRANSFORMER IN CELLS
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by shortgun(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
The only thing that will happen is that Tinubu and his co travellers will become irrelevant. National politics is a different ball game where you can't lord over some people from a certain part of the country and not have ur hands burnt.
Tinubu and co are just a means to an end.

I laff when some people said that Saraki deceived Buhari.
Re: BREAKING: Bukola Saraki Gives First Remarks As Controversial Senate President by manutdrichie(m): 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Point of correction

What makes him controversial?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Identify As Black? / Nigeria Can Generate $256 Billion from Agriculture By 2030 / Which Country Is This Located? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.