Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife (46440 Views)

Charly Boy Blasts Nigerian Youths Over Buhari & Atiku 2019 Race (Video) / Man Collapses Ahead Of Planned Protest Over Buhari’s Resignation In Abuja. PICS / 2019: Fear Grips Politicians Over Buhari’s Health – NewTelegraphOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Islie: 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
Senators, yesterday, joked over President Muhammadu Buhari’s statement that his wife belongs to his kitchen, living room and the other room.

During yesterday’s sitting which lasted for less than two hours, the president’s statement became a joking subject three times.

It would be recalled that Buhari, during a visit to Germany, last week, had while reacting to his wife’s comment that his administration was hijacked by a cabal, said: “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”

The deputy whip of the Senate, Senator Biodun Olujimi (PDP, Ekiti South), while contributing to the debate on the release of 21 Chibok schoolgirls, said that though she is a woman, she did not belong to the kitchen.

Apparently responding to her, the chairman, Senate committee on women affairs, Senator Binta Masi Garba (APC, Adamawa North), said: “I’m proud to belong to the kitchen.”

Again, while contributing to the debate on confirmation of the Supreme Court justices, Senator Joshua Lidani (PDP, Gombe South), said that the responsibility of women was not limited to kitchen and “the other room.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/senators-crack-jokes-over-buhari-s-remarks-on-wife/167525.html

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by TheFreeOne: 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
Buhari made himself butt of jokes thanks to his foolishness and lack of tact when responding to national issues.

Anyway in Buboos voice: Who's got the key to the other room cos that's where the action is...my Aisha baby come to papa cos it's no dulling time. grin

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Chubhie: 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
What could be senator Oluremi Tinubu position on this matter?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by jimi4us: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Buhari is a joke

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Oblitz(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Pmb and fumbling

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Redoil: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Redoil: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
Senators smilling
pmb is joking.
if you know that their is hungar and starvation nigeria and our leaders are not serious about click like.
if not click share

80 Likes

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Mujaheeeden: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Buhari is a disgrace.

What about if Kenyans attack Nigerians on Twitter again.

Nigerians will be like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nateben(m): 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Is it not laughable? grin

5 Likes

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
Goodluck
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by ijustdey: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
the senators have find the humour after the torrid months where their leaders have been facing corruption cases in courts and CCT
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Exponental(m): 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Na wash!!!
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
other room things
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by abike12(f): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
I belong to the kitchen of the first person that can buy me a porsche macan grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by helphelp: 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hope y'all know Buhari was all smiles when he said it though...

Anyways I wonder wetin Baba still dey find for "the other room" after Aisha don give am beautiful children

Baba no wan gree sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hilarious grin
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Adekorya: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
During yesterday’s sitting which lasted for less than two hours, the president’s statement became a joking subject three times.
Not even up to 2hours and they are going to collect sitting allowance for just creating humour out President statement mtchewww.

All I see is misplaced of priority by the Lawmakers and the President himself sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by solace2013: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
AISHA BUHARI AND THE TRAGEDY OF HYPOCRISY IN NIGERIA
Dr. Doyin Odebowale writes:
I have read so much on Aisha since yesterday. Nigerians are a special breed. Suddenly, this woman is
not wanted in America! Buhari did not marry a child again. Her gold, diamond and platinum bracelets are
not topics for discussion.
We are moving out of recession indeed! Many of the hypocrites on Facebook beat their wives. Many are
so useless that they establish pepper soup joints for some useless dogs called women while their
children cannot feed at home. Many don't care about how their children school fees are paid.
Aisha is the CEO of a thriving company. One of Buhari's daughters is a lawyer. His girls are graduates.
I have read posts from some of my friends who, surprisingly, failed to see the statement credited to
Buhari as a joke. I have followed some of them on Facebook. I know most of them will not tolerate any
dissenting view from their wives.
Aisha is not in purdah. She is not confined to the kitchen, literally. I doubt if she still cooks. I would have
expected the new supporters of Aisha to ask Buhari about the location of the kitchen. Is it Aso Villa
where there exists a culinary complex?
Look at Aisha and tell us if she belongs to the category of oppressed women. The fact that she granted
the controversial interview bears eloquent testimony to Buhari's character.
She just returned from the US. That trip generated another kind of controversy. That seems not
important now.
Many of these hypocrites are not proud of their wives. Many of them pretend to love women but will
work against them.
Politicians abuse women sexually. They are play things. They only allow them when their unscrupulous
godfathers impose them and direct political slaves to vote.
Academics talk of "conference materials". These are people's wives, daughters, sisters, cousins, who
belong to everybody while pretending to be in some dubious relationships.
Lucky is she whose husband can proudly assert that she has a place in his bedroom. She is not sharing
this space with any woman to our knowledge. Buhari's religion allows him to marry four women.
If the president attempted to douse tension generated by the wife's interview, and we fail to appreciate
his joke, then our sense of humour appears morbid.
Nigerians did not elect Aisha. She has no official role in the constitution. She cannot decide on who gets
appointed into the government. If she complains that she does not know those in government, it means
Buhari cannot be accused of nepotism.
If she is pained that she is not involved in governance, that is a big plus for him. She was not on the
ballot during the last election. She should not pick ministers and heads of agencies for us.
Is this not part of the change we crave?
Hypocrisy is not a virtue.

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by babs01(m): 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
Hmmmm! all of dem we elect go Abuja na jokes
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by babs01(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
abike12:
I belong to the kitchen of the first person that can buy me a porsche macan grin

1 Like

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by ourkobo: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by jeeqaa7(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
continue joking with your freedom...

belike una want make dss call una by 9pm ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Ranchhoddas: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
abike12:
Please stay outside the kitchen!! Thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by TopsyKrete: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
wia is the key to the other room sef?
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
abike12:

grin grin I'll get you Toyota Camry 2014 grin
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
Just like the "my oga at the top" debacle that almost refused to go away.
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by toyinjimoh(m): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
I dnt know why some biafrauds always insult buhari, Mr president does not know u re existing.

1 Like

Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by abike12(f): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Please stay outside the kitchen!! Thank you

lmao!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by abike12(f): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

grin grin I'll get you Toyota Camry 2014 grin

I don't want grin
Re: Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife by canalily(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Do you kow that Mrs Job is a graduate but yet she has no job. She belongs to her husband's kitchengringrin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu / Picture Of LP Branded Catfish. / Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.