Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday (49058 Views)

Senate Blocks Move To Summon Lawan Daura, SSS Boss Over Raids On Judges / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / The Inside Story Of How PDP Lawmakers From SS/SE Ganged Up Against Lawan-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by bdbest2(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2015
Still tinking hw Atiku intend to lunch his presidential Ambition. Or ll he jst let it go.

Meanwhile, placing Order for your OTG Smartphones flash drive. Pls check my Signature.

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by fishbone11(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2015
Gogetta:
Sadly. What happened yesterday was a coup.
Cry me an Ocean!!! so what happened to Johnathan wasn't a coup? I bet My Hero would just be laughing on his sofa and call on mama peace and say "pacy" com see film oooo
I love this country.

4 Likes

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10am On Jun 10, 2015
iykedare:
APC still dey learn work.
APC did its assignment. It didn't solely impose any candidate. It conducted a mock election, where those that had ambition could contest. Why did Saraki and Dogara boycott it? The ambition of Saraki and Dogara is a variable that messed up everything.

God bless the President.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by jonaboy: 8:11am On Jun 10, 2015
I knew all this while that Atiku was up to something. If you observe while the noise was going on he never said a word, which means he was cooking something quitely in the background and finally the result of that cooking is out for all to see. And to our dear PMB you cannot say you have no condidate in a sensitive issue like senate president and speaker post, it is political suicide. These guys can be used to impeach you in case you have forgotten.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by duni04(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2015
Everybody talking about Tinubus influence, but between Dagora and Femi, who was the better candidate? Did anyone honestly hear about Dagora before this elections? Same with Saraki and Lawal. Saraki is only popular cos he's a former governor. He had zero contribution to the senate when he was there last term. Plus he's also popular because he looted his state and his family bank duped people.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by ybalogs(m): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2015
olasmith10:

yeah..buh am afraid its effect will b unhealthy for us..like sentiments ll be applied in dispensing dier legislative duty...d masses will be at d receiving end..
I hope not
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by fishbone11(m): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2015
manutdrichie:
Lie lie story

You should know that only eight APC senators were present at the Senate chambers when Saraki was declared winner
Just dey wait oooooo, the election will soon be conducted @1:00pm GMT, then the whole APC senators will be present.

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by hotgunz(m): 8:13am On Jun 10, 2015
Jagaban BP go dey raise nw.... U trust aboki u own don finish
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 10, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Tinubu still remains a hero to his people. He has nothing to lose

grin grin

His people? Yoruba you mean?

Every Yoruba man knows tinubus personal interest is his drive not the Yoruba people. His interest was strong enough to drive out PDP which we like, but we don't need him to determine our polity... So he isn't our hero yet...
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by olasmith10(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2015
ybalogs:
I hope not
let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Samirana360(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Foolish ppl
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by omojeesu(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Friends today. Enemies tomorrow. Politics is a dog eat dog world. It is a jungle where the 'strongest' or 'smartest' takes it all. As time goes on we shall see new alignments. Each will reap what he sows. God will catch them in their craftiness. Nigeria will survive!

So Tambuwal could work against Tinumbu? Was Buhari himself part of the plan?

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by UfuosLaLa: 8:19am On Jun 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The chess game continues....

Actually....it is PDP who is the real plotter here(Not in the way you think, before anyone jumps on me!).

PDP , by making the Senate president a Fulani,and the Speaker a Hausa Christian .....has successfully driven a wedge between the North and the Middle Belt and South West tripod that makes up APC.

First move towards 2019 (As any good Olympian/sportsperson will tell you....preparations for the next Olympics start from the day after the closing ceremonies of the last one).

Move 1 to the PDP....let's hope APC counters any move by the PDP to gain their queen and declare a checkmate....BY working extra hard to make Nigeria an industrial society which means jobs....and a means to ride out the oil crisis.

The Senate President(Bukola Saraki) is not a Fulani but he's is a Yoruba.... Just for clarification.

2 Likes

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Firefire(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Tinubu still remains a hero to his people. He has nothing to lose

grin grin

Se e ri oju aiye abi e o ri

Are you not part of the praise singer of Tinubu?

Chai, music don CHANGE!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 10, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
The Senate President(Bukola Saraki) is not a Fulani but he's is a Yoruba.... Just for clarification.

You may be right...but I have heard that he is Fulani.

There are many Fulanis in Kwara State with Yoruba sounding names(and who speak Yoruba very very fluently). Famous example....Tunde Idiagbon.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by OzMingle(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Monimatic:
this same guys will destroy APC from inside, they know Buhari is weak
Comon sense is not comon - quite a pity, take heart!
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by pure2012soul(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2015
The coup of the PDP decampees. grin grin grin
What we are witnessing is Transfor-Change
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by DanielPop(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2015
new2020:
Yorubas will learn hard this time around.

They will never learn anything. It is in their genes to be betrayers of their brothers. Check it out.

1. Awolowo betrayed Ojukwu.

2. Tinubu and his acolytes betrayed Abiola.

3. Tinubu betrays the south in 2015.

It cant be by accident na. Can it? Na their way! Oh the joy i feel now they have been backstabbed.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Reference(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2015
duni04:
Everybody talking about Tinubus influence, but between Dagora and Femi, who was the better candidate? Did anyone honestly hear about Dagora before this elections? Same with Saraki and Lawal. Saraki is only popular cos he's a former governor. He had zero contribution to the senate when he was there last term. Plus he's also popular because he looted his state and his family bank duped people.

You really need to understand what democracy is all about. How many times will I say that when the structure is bad you can never produce the best hands. For goodness sake is Buhari or was Goodluck the best. If not how will ayou expect the Vice President, Senate President and Rep. Leader to be top shots. If the system was that good Nigeria will not be where is. Change the game not the players.

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by dejavu009: 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
oluminister:
Let wait a little and see why Tinubu is doing all this, to my own opinion is walking for the betterment of the masses, let me assure you Saraki and Dogara are very loyal to Atiku, kwakwaso and others apart from been a formal member of PDP they all too ambitious for power at all cost, so is an avenue for them truncate Buhari agenda through legislative means and discredit him before nigerian, example how can PMB fight against corruption while Bukola has a case to aswer? how can he revive the oil sector when they are one of the carbal? how can he reduce cost of governance when they want to acquire money to contest for president in 2019? If truly will all need the change will don't need reforbished PDP in the helm of affairs.
my thought exactly...just wondering how PMB will fight corruption with Bukola as the Senate president...

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by thewarrior72: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Burger01:
smiley
And once again u are silent? tongue cheesy
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by mbulela: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2015
The beginning of the end.
Whichever way you slice this orange, APC is a loser.
Resolving this mess will be too messy to contemplate.
I said it years ago buy I hate to sound like a prophet.
Apc, PDP, APGA etc are just acronyms uses to fur TN error the interests of thieves. Bone is different from the other. It just happens to be that once in a while, their inordinate ambitions and greed intertwines with the will and good of the masses.
The Domain election seems faultless but how anyone who dislikes Tinubu can laud the criminality that happened in the Senate is laughable. The only hope we have is that the national assembly is largely useless and an ornament in the scheme of developmental processes. There are a thousand things Buhari can do within the ambit of existing laws. Nothing was ever going to come out of the National assembly irrespective of who the leaders are. It is now time for Buhari to wake up from his slumber and appoint a cabinet. The criminality perpetuated yesterday will not be an acceptable excuse.

A Senate where a politician from the minority party is the majority leader is not only laughable but reinforces my view that the national assembly is a fraternity that transcends party lines and only greed with naked ambition rules.
Tinubu and co should forget unseating Saraki, it will not happen. The Days of okadigbo and enwerem are gone. These guys know how-to look after each other and as long as Buki does not rock the loot fund even Remi Tinubu will protect him and ekwerenmadu. Besides it will take a great dose of illegality to remove the illegality that happened yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by EMANY01(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:
The chess game continues....

Actually....it is PDP who is the real plotter here(Not in the way you think, before anyone jumps on me!).

PDP , by making the Senate president a Fulani,and the Speaker a Hausa Christian .....has successfully driven a wedge between the North and the Middle Belt and South West tripod that makes up APC.

First move towards 2019 (As any good Olympian/sportsperson will tell you....preparations for the next Olympics start from the day after the closing ceremonies of the last one).

Move 1 to the PDP....let's hope APC counters any move by the PDP to gain their queen and declare a checkmate....BY working extra hard to make Nigeria an industrial society which means jobs....and a means to ride out the oil crisis.

I was wondering if and hoping that the PDP such as it is SE/SS would be able to pull this move off and the success that happened yesterday is beyond my fondest hopes.
It still amazes me though that the sophisticated ones do not see the move that has been made for what it is.Well i suppose they can only see just beyond their noses and not much farther ahead.
This move in addition effectively guarantees that the SS/SE will not be cheated or stylishly excluded in any way when the committee headships and memberships of strategic economic /security and administrative sectors are decided.

2 Likes

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by 7lives: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2015
new2020:
Yorubas will learn hard this time around.

Educate me make I learn nwa teacher, Yoruba is now 2 and 3 out of four leadership position in the country and you are here talking abasha iranu, you think people can't read the pain behind your meaningless post?
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 10, 2015
Firefire:

Se e ri oju aiye abi e o ri
Are you not part of the praise singer of Tinubu?
Chai, music don CHANGE!
cheesy
praise singer of Tinubu, when did that start? shocked
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by frisky2good(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
What makes what happened "sad"? When the post of speaker of the 7th house of rep was zoned to the south west, was it not Tinubu (who is from the south west) and co that encouraged Tambuwal to go against his party to contest after promising him the support of ACN? What goes around comes around. When you teach people treachery, they will eventually betray you too.

Gogetta:
Sadly. What happened yesterday was a coup.

2 Likes

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Franzeez(m): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2015
funkyfrevy:
Something tells me that Buhari was fully aware of this. He wanted to end Godfatherism and he did it. U pple dat r saying PDP win bounce back. Kip dreaming cos saraki is an Apc member. He just used PDP to claim his victory. #use n dump again.

He is an APC member just Like Tambulwa was a PDP member till last minute. He can stay in any party but who are his allies? I won't expect him to leave APC but he will Romance PDP knowing their worth. Its a good feeling for the PDP guys that they choose their leader even as opposition and they would stand by him. Saraki will later decamp from APC and take up Presidential slot come 2019. Sai Leader! Sai Bulky!

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by mbulela: 8:39am On Jun 10, 2015
dejavu009:
my thought exactly...just wondering how PMB will fight corruption with Bukola as the Senate president...
Why do we keep making such comments.
He does not need the Senate to fight corruption.
All he needs is to give the effect and police the clear mandate to spare no cow while funding efcc adequately. We have enough laws to fight corruption. We don't need Buki to enact new laws.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Firefire(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2015
JackBaueress1:
praise singer of Tinubu, when did that start? shocked

No worry madam, we go talk that one later.

My hatred for APC is the criminal called Tinubu.

Happy moment for us here! tongue

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by teegrams(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=oluminister post=34613195]Let wait a little and see why Tinubu is doing all this, to my own opinion is walking for the betterment of the masses, let me assure you Saraki and Dogara are very loyal to Atiku, kwakwaso and others apart from been a formal member of PDP they all too ambitious for power at all cost, so is an avenue for them truncate Buhari agenda through legislative means and discredit him before nigerian, example how can PMB fight against corruption while Bukola has a case to aswer? how can he revive the oil sector when they are one of the carbal? how can he reduce cost of governance when they want to acquire money to contest for president in 2019? If truly will all need the change will don't need reforbished PDP in the helm of affairs.[
/quote]
In fact I have to credit you bro as you seem to be the only Nigerian thinking on the forum! Others are blinded by hate they have for Tinubu where is the way forward fellow statesmen if 3months ago we were clamouring change and now we have some people with questionable ambition and dirty apparel at the realm of the affairs ,how can the change we talk about work !the truth be told whatsoever you guys count it as maybe chess game or coup ,what is wrong is wrong and this for sure can't breed something good ,mark my words
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Obijulius: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Aptly describes the VP.

Permit me to reuse. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Obaiyski:
Coughs!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / Sallah: Buhari Gives Corpers N250,000 And 10 Bags Of Rice In Daura / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Was Betrayed By Osinbajo And SW Govs Not Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.